PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Draft

ballpd05
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
With the season drawing to a close and the Hornets almost seemingly bound for a 10-14 draft pick which rookie not named John Wall, Wesley Johnson, or Evan Turner do you think could help the Hornets the most?

wolf3742
03-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Honestly do not know.... There is so much drop in the talent after the fourth pick, I am not sure if we can get any talent at all.

But for filling the need, we need a bigman and here are only two players in my radar to fill our 5 center position
Hassan Whiteside - Still very unpolished player but I think he is a good fit for Chris Paul as he is a good finisher in the basket. (Tyson Chandler lite). Also A good rebounder and defensive player (He maybe the most realistic player we can draft)
Greg Monroe - May be a nice addition as he has been great in the Defensive end and good rebounder. Problem is I am not sure if he is NBA ready and will be able to box out for the Defense. But he is a great help down low for posting up but I am not sure if he will fall far enough on our pick

Mckphins
03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
What about cousins?

wolf3742
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
What about cousins?

I think Cousins will be take in the top 4 along with favors. If we do not win the lottery, those two are the one's I think that will have a chance to fall to the Hornets

saintdrew
03-16-2010, 12:54 AM
yeah man i'm not real big into college basketball so i couldn't tell you what players could be there for us and whatever pick we hold.

i will say that i love this evan turner kid from ohio st. kid is a gamer.

ballpd05
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah man i'm not real big into college basketball so i couldn't tell you what players could be there for us and whatever pick we hold.

i will say that i love this evan turner kid from ohio st. kid is a gamer.

Yeah, he is business like. They say he is top 2 pick tho. THe top 5 will prbly be Wall, Evan Turner, Demarcus Cousins, Wesley Johnson, Derrick Favors. Not necessarily that order.

BIGBREED
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
GREG MONROE will be a TOP 5 pick! Take it to the bank.....

The key positions the HORNETS should be looking at will be in the FRONT COURT(C, PF, SF)
IMO, I think they will go SF and then go C/PF(bcuz we already have Okafor and Gray-<resign>)

{I'll name some players to look at later guys, I just don't have the time rt now}

wolf3742
03-16-2010, 04:11 PM

The key positions the HORNETS should be looking at will be in the FRONT COURT(C, PF, SF)
IMO, I think they will go SF and then go C/PF(bcuz we already have Okafor and Gray-<resign>)

{I'll name some players to look at later guys, I just don't have the time rt now}

Yeah Greg Monroe might be taken at the 5th but might also be taken in the 16th, Just like I said after the fourth pick, I think the talent pool goes down and it will be anyone's pick from the 5th onwards. I just hope we resign Gray but if we get a good bigman in the draft, we can move Okafor to the PF position where I think is more natural for him. Maybe West can slide over to the SF or Okafor can just come off from the bench or something.

BIGBREED
03-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Yeah Greg Monroe might be taken at the 5th but might also be taken in the 16th, Just like I said after the fourth pick, I think the talent pool goes down and it will be anyone's pick from the 5th onwards. I just hope we resign Gray but if we get a good bigman in the draft, we can move Okafor to the PF position where I think is more natural for him. Maybe West can slide over to the SF or Okafor can just come off from the bench or something.

Greg Monroe is the best All Around big man in this years draft!
-Best footwork on the blocks for a big man
-Best passing big man on the blocks
-Defensive presence for a 6'11 PF
-He's very smooth w/ the basketball; handles the double team very well

He will not fall to the 16th spot, He's going in the TOP 5! I know Basketball and I've watch college basketball all year, I don't let Dickie-V nor the other commentators feed me fake info on players just bcuz those players attends their(Dickie-V) Top "money" Schools!

I agree w/ you about the HORNETS!

ballpd05
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Greg Monroe is the best All Around big man in this years draft!
-Best footwork on the blocks for a big man
-Best passing big man on the blocks
-Defensive presence for a 6'11 PF
-He's very smooth w/ the basketball; handles the double team very well

He will not fall to the 16th spot, He's going in the TOP 5! I know Basketball and I've watch college basketball all year, I don't let Dickie-V nor the other commentators feed me fake info on players just bcuz those players attends their(Dickie-V) Top "money" Schools!

I agree w/ you about the HORNETS!

I agree that Greg Monroe is the most skilled big man out there, but that doesn't always equate to good draft stock. Cousins and Favors have no where near the footwork, passing, ballhandling, or any offensive skill (maybe besides dunking) then Monroe, but because they are bigger, more physical, and more explosive they are seen as higher draft picks because of the "upside" crap.

Peep these mock drafts that have Monroe going anywhere from 7th-23rd

http://www.nbadraft.net/

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2010/

http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm

If Monroe is available the Hornets should snatch him.

BIGBREED
03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I have seen those Mock drafts. Really, I view them every day(NFL, NBA, and MLB)! BUT, the mock drafts are nothing w/o the players personal workouts not being included. Players stock will rise and some will fall after their workouts are completed. PLEASE, don't base your opinion on a mock draft w/o a player's personal workout!

nobreed504
03-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Dont think we can get a player worth any thing were we will be picking. If we get a lottery pick it woulld be the best thing to happened to us besides CP3.

iHop
03-29-2010, 07:57 PM
I think we can get a solid SF in this draft if we can get Al-Farouq Aminu. I don't see any PFs that are any good in the draft so why not draft a decent SF.

Strengths
- Ability to get to free throw line
- Runs floor well
- Ability to put ball on floor
- Commitment to playing defense
- Good lateral quickness
- Versatile (play sf,pf)
- Coachable
- Ability to finish around basket
- Excellent wingspan ( like 7'0 )
- Athletic
- Excellent rebounder

Weaknesses
- Has trouble creating his own shot
- Shot-selection
- Turnover prone
- Left hand needs work
- 3-point range

JDizzle
04-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope we some how sneak into the top 7 picks. we mine as well just lose the rest of the reason 35-42 already nothing to play for

Vinny642
04-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Greg Monroe!

BIGBREED
04-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Greg Monroe!

Thats who I want to bruh!:clap:

nobreed504
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
I like Al-Farouq Aminu. I know i said i dont like any body were we are picking. But i would not be upset with Monroe. With our history dont be surpised if we trade the pick for future picks or money. I Hate when we do that.

JDizzle
04-04-2010, 04:11 PM
^ we cant do that we need to get a high prospect or this team is in for the worst we need to get pieces to make paul happy and turn us into a winner

BIGBREED
04-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I like Al-Farouq Aminu. I know i said i dont like any body were we are picking. But i would not be upset with Monroe. With our history dont be surpised if we trade the pick for future picks or money. I Hate when we do that.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? We haven't trade out the 1st rd in years.

PLEASE take the "Breed" from your name......THANKS!:facepalm:

ballpd05
04-05-2010, 11:10 AM
We need something in the Frontcourt... They all need to go. Emeka, D West, Songaila, Peja, Posey, Julian, and throw in Mo Pete for good measure.

JDizzle
04-05-2010, 11:22 AM
^ all them can go expect emeka

nobreed504
04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I had Breed in my name for years and dont get mad at me its the truth. I guess you think a GM is a good thing at coach. Him coaching is dumb so thats what i expect out of him dumb decisions. You dont fire a coach and make your star player upset. CP3 has the star power and respect to know if your going to get rid of his coach. I dont trust our GM. No one says anything but he has to make something happend now.

ballpd05
04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
I had Breed in my name for years and dont get mad at me its the truth. I guess you think a GM is a good thing at coach. Him coaching is dumb so thats what i expect out of him dumb decisions. You dont fire a coach and make your star player upset. CP3 has the star power and respect to know if your going to get rid of his coach. I dont trust our GM. No one says anything but he has to make something happend now.

I say fire him and let somebody else make something happen.

Asce
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM

The Hornets are in desperate need of a QUALITY BIG. Okafor and Gray are productive, but an upgrade at the center position, could help re-establish New Orleans into the contender they were a few years back (that and Paul playing like he did in '07-'08 and '08-'09).

I said this on another forum (a ways back): DeMarcus Cousins is not only the best center, but the best collegiate player entering this year's draft.

If the Hornets manage one of the top 3 lottery picks, it's imperative they select Cousins (his per 40 minute stats are gargantuan). If the Hornets' lottery selection is lower and somehow Cousins manages to drop down (in value), it's imperative they select him.

If Cousins is gone by the time the Hornets get on board, one other big they may want to consider, is Cole Aldrich.

Most mock drafts have Jarvis Varnado going in the second round, he'd also be a great addition to the team, if he's still available when the Hornets make their second selection.

That last one is particularly imperative for New Orleans, as neither Cousins nor Aldrich is an above the rim type big. Varnado would provide easy buckets for the Hornets, particularly in transition (in fast-break situations). Another plus is Varnado's shot-blocking prowess.

I don't know, but for this to come to fruition, the Hornets would actually have to be a number of things, namely lucky.

I say fire him and let somebody else make something happen.

This is another reason why I'm skeptical of the Hornets making the right decisions in this year's draft. Bower is an idiot, unfortunately he's being lauded for his selections of Thornton and Collison, when Lawson and DeJuan Blair would have made better rookies.

Unfortunately, like most coaches, Bower supplants good defense for (inefficient) offense.

Mckphins
04-10-2010, 06:26 PM
^ lol at prefering lawson and blair! thornton and collison are going to be stars. Those guys will be solid at best

Asce
04-10-2010, 08:29 PM
You realize Blair plays a scant 17.9 minutes, and in those minutes, he corrals rebounds better than Tim Duncan (16.8/48 minutes, compared to Duncan's 15.6).

Furthermore, despite his (seemingly) unimpressive point per game average (7.5), he's actually a very good scorer (averaging 20.1 points per 48 minutes). He does this, all the while shooting the ball more efficiently than either Collison or Thornton.

The reason Blair sees limited playing time, has much more to do with what I mentioned earlier, most coaches undervalue rebounding. They also typically prefer giving their veterans more playing time than they do their rookies.

iHop
04-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I hate the per 48 mins stat, is Blair really going to be playing 48 mins i doubt he has the wear and tear necessary to do so. What you are saying is basically Blair would be averaging 20 points and 17 rebounds, at best he would average 15 and 7. If the 48 per stat was true then Alonzo Gee would be averaging 21 points and 8 rebs Another point why would we want Blair, he is a liability on defense, we already have D.West for that.

Asce
04-11-2010, 01:27 AM
No, nobody generally plays 48 minutes of basketball. But, pace adjusted stats are a pretty good indicator of a specific player's productivity, while they're out on the floor.

And unfortunately, Thornton, outside of scoring, does not contribute much else.

If Blair were playing 35 minutes a night (for example), his pace adjusted stats would actually read 14.7 and 12.1 (and not what you suggested).

This isn't the first time that I've gotten shot down for using pace-adjusted figures. But, like Manu Ginobili and Andre Iguodala, whom I predicted would be good NBA players, I stand here today making the same assertions about Blair.

Serge Ibaka is also another "big" with whom I've been somewhat impressed with.

saintdrew
04-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I wonder if Andre Iguodala would be available for trade this summer?

The 76ers really don't have true point guard currently...Collison maybe?

BIGBREED
04-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I wonder if Andre Iguodala would be available for trade this summer?

The 76ers really don't have true point guard currently...Collison maybe?

THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Does JRUE HOLIDAY ring a bell to you? Played w/ Darren Collison @ UCLA and he's the 76er's true PG.
- drafted w/ the 17th pick in 2009
- Darren Collison was his backup @ UCLA(some games DC started w/ Holiday)
- CP3 clone on the Pick-n-Roll plays
- dominated CP3 in a home game in Philly b4 CP3's injury

Hornets and 76ers Trading Option if everything goes as plan:

** HORNETS draft PF- Greg Monroe, then the....

HORNETS trade
-David West $8,287,500 - $7,525,0009 (declining contract)
-Mo Pete $6,641,440(expiring contract)

76ers Trade
-Andre Iguodala $12,345,250(4yrs left on contract which increases to $15.9 mil)

ALL PENDING THE NBA LOTTO

BIGBREED
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
The Hornets are in desperate need of a QUALITY BIG. Okafor and Gray are productive, but an upgrade at the center position, could help re-establish New Orleans into the contender they were a few years back (that and Paul playing like he did in '07-'08 and '08-'09).

I said this on another forum (a ways back): DeMarcus Cousins is not only the best center, but the best collegiate player entering this year's draft.

If the Hornets manage one of the top 3 lottery picks, it's imperative they select Cousins (his per 40 minute stats are gargantuan). If the Hornets' lottery selection is lower and somehow Cousins manages to drop down (in value), it's imperative they select him.

If Cousins is gone by the time the Hornets get on board, one other big they may want to consider, is Cole Aldrich.

Most mock drafts have Jarvis Varnado going in the second round, he'd also be a great addition to the team, if he's still available when the Hornets make their second selection.

That last one is particularly imperative for New Orleans, as neither Cousins nor Aldrich is an above the rim type big. Varnado would provide easy buckets for the Hornets, particularly in transition (in fast-break situations). Another plus is Varnado's shot-blocking prowess.

I don't know, but for this to come to fruition, the Hornets would actually have to be a number of things, namely luck.

DeMarcus Cousins is a Top 3 pick and you are saying that the HORNETS(as of now, pending the lottery has the 12th pick) should draft him, basing everything on LUCK!?!

PLUS, you're saying that the HORNETS should get bigger...

C-EMEKA OKAFOR is 6'10 - 252lbs <and> PF- DAVID WEST is 6'9 240lbs

**You said to Draft**
C-DeMarcus Cousins is 6'10 - 250lbs
PF-Jarvis Varnado is 6'9 - 210lbs
**** Drafting these players won't make us bigger!

Dude.....shut up!:facepalm:

saintdrew
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
jarvis varnado blows

Asce
04-22-2010, 12:41 AM
DeMarcus Cousins is a Top 3 pick and you are saying that the HORNETS(as of now, pending the lottery has the 12th pick) should draft him, basing everything on LUCK!?!

PLUS, you're saying that the HORNETS should get bigger...

C-EMEKA OKAFOR is 6'10 - 252lbs <and> PF- DAVID WEST is 6'9 240lbs

**You said to Draft**
C-DeMarcus Cousins is 6'10 - 250lbs
PF-Jarvis Varnado is 6'9 - 210lbs
**** Drafting these players won't make us bigger!

Dude.....shut up!:facepalm:

Hmm... I highly doubt Emeka Okafor's 6-10, considering that he left college after his senior year. He was already 21 on draft day of '04 and turned 22 prior to the start of the NBA regular-season (for 04-05).

These were his pre-draft measurements: w/o shoes 6-8.5; w/shoes 6-9.5.

DeMarcus Cousins on the other hand is listed at 6-11 (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/) (270lbs―and not what you suggested). How accurate this is, I don't know? But Joakim Noah was typically listed at 6'11 (which he is), even though with shoes he stood 7-0. Cousins looks to be about as tall as Noah (heavier though and less athletic). He's also still 19, which means he could potentially grow sparingly over the next few years.

As for Varnado, I'm skeptical of him even being 6-9. But, despite being undersized, like Josh Smith, he appears to be a great shot-blocker. We need better paint defenders, and although he swipes most shots when coming over from the weak-side, if you watched Varnado in college, you'll know he can also be very effective in the low-block.

Btw, Greg Monroe was not a very productive college player. It is possible for a below-average college player to become an above-average NBA player, but, Chris Paul was an above-average college player and had an immediate impact with the Hornets. Certainly, being very productive in college, seems to have huge correlation with how well you'll perform in the NBA.

And I never said we should base our selection on luck (although some is needed, when making draft-day decisions). If we don't get Cousins, I'd (preferably) like to get Aldrich. It's not like any of those three (Aldrich, Cousins, and Monroe) are more athletic than the other anyway, so you're not really losing face value (in that department).

Anyways, what's with the hostilities bruh? :confused:

jarvis varnado blows

What makes you say that?

These were his basic per 40 minute stats (senior year): 17.4 pts on 58.2% shooting and 12.9 rebs. He was also very good at staying out of foul trouble (3.1 pfs per 40 minutes played), despite having averaged 6.0 blks.

ballpd05
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
This is another reason why I'm skeptical of the Hornets making the right decisions in this year's draft. Bower is an idiot, unfortunately he's being lauded for his selections of Thornton and Collison, when Lawson and DeJuan Blair would have made better rookies.

I 350% agree that Bower is an idiot, but his last draft was successful. I still think the Darren Collison pick is kind of suspect because there are more glaring holes on the team than a backup point guard. At the time i felt the starting 2-5 could have been upgraded (still don't care for David West).

Ty Lawson is pretty good and maybe better offensively than DC, but he definitely isn't the defender Collison is. As for Thornton he addressed a desperate need, and that was a wing player who can create his own offense. I think that need was more important than the need to get a backup PF who is undersized, but Blair is a quality player and he is active which I like (unlike any Hornets big).

I think a major need for the Hornets is athleticism. We need some 6'7" + athletes who can run the court, dunk on people, sky for blocks, matchup enough with the elite athletic stars (Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, Melo, Durant, etc.) so that they can at least make them work to score, or an above the rim big man who can defend the rim and help the perimeter guys when they get beat. That and we need someone who provides energy.

We lost a key HELP defender in Tyson Chandler, who often bailed out Mo, Peja, and D-West on D. We don't have that guy like Varejao, Birdman, Ibaka, or Joakim Noah that come in and make hustle plays that spark the team. Tyson was that guy, but we gave him away because Okafor's sub par post game was better than Tyson's non existent one.

Asce
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
...I think a major need for the Hornets is athleticism. We need some 6'7" + athletes who can run the court, dunk on people, sky for blocks, matchup enough with the elite athletic stars (Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, Melo, Durant, etc.) so that they can at least make them work to score, or an above the rim big man who can defend the rim and help the perimeter guys when they get beat. That and we need someone who provides energy.

We lost a key HELP defender in Tyson Chandler, who often bailed out Mo, Peja, and D-West on D. We don't have that guy like Varejao, Birdman, Ibaka, or Joakim Noah that come in and make hustle plays that spark the team. Tyson was that guy, but we gave him away because Okafor's sub par post game was better than Tyson's non existent one.

These were pretty much my sentiments, except I worded things a little differently. This is why I proposed for the Hornets to either go for Cousins or Aldrich (depending on draft positioning―hopefully, we'll get lucky like the Bulls a couple years back and round out with a top 3 pick).

After which, I propose for the Hornets to trade up in the draft (potentially getting rid of Peja Stojakovic's expiring contract and Julian Wright in the process) in order to acquire Jarvis Varnado in the (early) second round.

This should probably address the Hornets' needs in the front court. I mean outside of Gray (in terms of minutes played), Okafor, and Paul (according to position played), nobody else is an above average rebounder. And Paul's averages have clearly dipped from the season prior (despite his having averaged the same amount of minutes this year).

The next move after that, will probably be getting rid of West, who needs to be traded while he still has value (preferably for a Small Forward). Three really good ones outside of LeBron James, and they are: Gerald Wallace, Andre Iguodala, and Luol Deng. If we can acquire either Iguodala or Deng (Charlotte will never look to shop Wallace for anything less than a player worth his value), we'll be set.

Potential starting line-up:

G Chris Paul
G James Posey
C Cousins/Aldrich
F Iguodala/Deng
F Jarvis Varnado

Potential back-up line-up:

G Darren Collison
G Marcus Thornton―sixth man?
C Okafor/Gray―if re-sign him?
F Mike Miller―free agent signing?
F Darius Songaila

Now tell me that's not a scary looking roster. ;)

Mckphins
04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
thats not a scary lookin lineup

Asce
04-24-2010, 01:22 AM
^Says the man who knows jack sh[i]t about basketball. I'm still laughing out loud @ the notion of you thinking Thornton was a better player than Blair. He (Thornton) wasn't in college, and he isn't now that they're both in the NBA.

You realize Blair plays a scant 17.9 minutes, and in those minutes, he corrals rebounds better than Tim Duncan (16.8/48 minutes, compared to Duncan's 15.6).

Furthermore, despite his (seemingly) unimpressive point per game average (7.5), he's actually a very good scorer (averaging 20.1 points per 48 minutes). He does this, all the while shooting the ball more efficiently than either Collison or Thornton.

The reason Blair sees limited playing time, has much more to do with what I mentioned earlier, most coaches undervalue rebounding. They also typically prefer giving their veterans more playing time than they do their rookies.

Dude (Blair), single-handedly man-handled Dallas in the final game of the season (when he was given the minutes), a 20+ point, 20+ rebound performance. Managed it twice during the regular season, and once in the rookie-sophomore invite, all three times he played 30+ minutes. Beginning to see a pattern? Probably not, but considering your mental deficiencies, I'm not particularly surprised.

nobreed504
04-25-2010, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=Asce;13035942]Hmm... I highly doubt Emeka Okafor's 6-10, considering that he left college after his senior year. He was already 21 on draft day of '04 and turned 22 prior to the start of the NBA regular-season (for 04-05).

These were his pre-draft measurements: w/o shoes 6-8.5; w/shoes 6-9.5.

DeMarcus Cousins on the other hand is listed at 6-11 (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/) (270lbs―and not what you suggested). How accurate this is, I don't know? But Joakim Noah was typically listed at 6'11 (which he is), even though with shoes he stood 7-0. Cousins looks to be about as tall as Noah (heavier though and less athletic). He's also still 19, which means he could potentially grow sparingly over the next few years.

As for Varnado, I'm skeptical of him even being 6-9. But, despite being undersized, like Josh Smith, he appears to be a great shot-blocker. We need better paint defenders, and although he swipes most shots when coming over from the weak-side, if you watched Varnado in college, you'll know he can also be very effective in the low-block.

Btw, Greg Monroe was not a very productive college player. It is possible for a below-average college player to become an above-average NBA player, but, Chris Paul was an above-average college player and had an immediate impact with the Hornets. Certainly, being very productive in college, seems to have huge correlation with how well you'll perform in the NBA.

And I never said we should base our selection on luck (although some is needed, when making draft-day decisions). If we don't get Cousins, I'd (preferably) like to get Aldrich. It's not like any of those three (Aldrich, Cousins, and Monroe) are more athletic than the other anyway, so you're not really losing face value (in that department).

Anyways, what's with the hostilities bruh? :confused:

Well said. :clap:

Mckphins
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
wow dont dare disagree with asce guys. Hes right, were wrong. With him around we shouldnt have opinions

Asce
04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
^Eh? I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion? But, don't act like you didn't shoot my perceptions of Blair and Lawson down (so let's not be coy). Here's what you said,

^ lol at prefering lawson and blair! thornton and collison are going to be stars. Those guys will be solid at best

You may not have said that I didn't know what I was talking about, but clearly you were implying it. I just returned the favor. ;)

saintdrew
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
NO no no....

We need to trade Collison and someone else this summer to the 76ers and acquire Andre Iguodala. I'm telling you guys this would be the best situation in the world for the Hornets.

pg-Cp3
sg-Thornton
sf-Iggy(he can play the 3)
pf-west(we need to trade him or do something with him)
c-okafor(maybe trade him)

Lo Porto
05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm a Jazz fan from Bama, Hornets fan 2nd, who's been to numerous Hornets games that has a trade offer for you: the Jazz trade Matt Harpring's $6.5 million trade exception for Posey and #11. Then Utah trades Kosta Koufos to the Hornets for the Antonio Daniels trade exception.

NO would avoid the luxury this season and also have almost $7 million more to spend the summer before Paul could leave. We all know that NO will do whatever they can to get under the luxury again. Next summer is vital to keeping Paul, and you guys could afford 2 max contract players next summer with Posey, MoPete, Peja and Songalia not on the books. Koufos is still very young and would give you guys a cheap, young PF/C to the roster.

Losing #11 would suck, but getting under the luxury, having money for next year's crucial summer and getting a young cheap big could be a good deal for you guys. What do you think?

saintdrew
05-20-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm a Jazz fan from Bama, Hornets fan 2nd, who's been to numerous Hornets games that has a trade offer for you: the Jazz trade Matt Harpring's $6.5 million trade exception for Posey and #11. Then Utah trades Kosta Koufos to the Hornets for the Antonio Daniels trade exception.

NO would avoid the luxury this season and also have almost $7 million more to spend the summer before Paul could leave. We all know that NO will do whatever they can to get under the luxury again. Next summer is vital to keeping Paul, and you guys could afford 2 max contract players next summer with Posey, MoPete, Peja and Songalia not on the books. Koufos is still very young and would give you guys a cheap, young PF/C to the roster.

Losing #11 would suck, but getting under the luxury, having money for next year's crucial summer and getting a young cheap big could be a good deal for you guys. What do you think?

Wow I actually love this idea. Harpring is not the most athletic guy on the floor but i'm willing to bet he has a higher basketball IQ than many players in the NBA.

And I don't want us to keep our 11th pick, we need to trade the pick along with a bad contract.

Lo Porto
05-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Harpring is actually retired, but the trade exception means the Hornets would take no salary back for Posey. The Koufos addition is just a sweetener. He hasn't seen time in Utah, but he's a skilled big at 7 foot who can play PF or C.

So NO sheds $5.2 million for this coming season and $6 for next season. You'd give up #11, but you'd bring in Koufos.

Vinny642
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I dont care about the draft this time, I will watch and support ehoever we get, but im not looking at mock drafts and ****