PDA

View Full Version : If Houston had Yao and T-Mac last season....

Go_NUGGETS
03-15-2010, 01:35 AM
....Forgive me if this has been posted...

But if the Rockets had Yao and T-Mac last year in the playoffs, would they have beat L.A., Denver, and Magic to win the championship???? Houston was very much a threat, and I still believe they would've beat THE nuggets last year had we faced them....

But if Rockets were healthy, could they have won the championship???

GoatMilk
03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
as crazy as this sounds, the rockets without Yao were much tougher for the Lakers than with Yao

with Yao last year, the lakers wouldnt have gone 7 to beat them.

now a healthy TMac, idk.
i'm going to say no though. TMac sucked last year

Monstars
03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Not sure. It seemed Yao and T-mac never had chemistry on the court. They always played better when one of them were out. Plus t-mac would never make it that far because he is cursed and could never get past the first round of the playoffs.

Chronz
03-15-2010, 01:50 AM
as crazy as this sounds, the rockets without Yao were much tougher for the Lakers than with Yao

now a healthy TMac, idk.

Thats stupid, they were better with Yao

If your talking about a healthy Tmac then yes they contend, with Tmac delaying his MF procedure then no, the Rockets do worse.

Raph12
03-15-2010, 01:56 AM
With how often they get injured, I doubt they'd both stay healthy long enough to win it all.

ldc62
03-15-2010, 01:57 AM

now a healthy TMac, idk.

What were you watching? With Yao they were able to beat the Lakers in LA....

GoatMilk
03-15-2010, 02:28 AM
meh
i guess i just think that it was easier for Bynum to guard Yao than those little guys
now sure, Yao torched him and the Lakers in game 1 to get the Rockets the W, but without him they seemed to play tougher that series. yes i know, they play tough regardless.

and no, im not saying they're better without Yao either.

you know what, just forget i was even in this thread. everyone wins

Chronz
03-15-2010, 02:36 AM
meh
i guess i just think that it was easier for Bynum to guard Yao than those little guys
now sure, Yao torched him and the Lakers in game 1 to get the Rockets the W, but without him they seemed to play tougher that series. yes i know, they play tough regardless.

and no, im not saying they're better without Yao either.

you know what, just forget i was even in this thread. everyone wins
Dude they were demolished without Yao, they werent even in those games when they lost, with Yao they have a fighting chance.

BaustinSali08
03-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Yao, when healthy, is a top 5 center, but he is never healthy and at this point in his career I fear he will never be a 20 ppg 10 rpg center, but more like a Marcin Gortat who comes off the bench. (I am a huge Yao fan btw.)

JasonJohnHorn
03-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Well, if Yao and Mutumbo hadn't gone done they would have had a better rotation in the front court obviously, and that is L.A.'s strong point, so one might assume that they would have faired better.

If McGrady was also with them, they would have been knocked out by the Blazers in the first round ;-)

king4day
03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm not so sure their chemistry would have been as good.
TMac going down allowed others to grow.
Talentwise, they would have had more than LA overall, but chemistry is more important.

Iodine
03-15-2010, 10:12 AM
I pray to god JB does not see this thread

BenFrank
03-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Yea I'm a Rockets Fan

I think Houston would have won the championship.. [ If Yao, Deke, and T-Mac was 100% healty]

Yao is the Center peace, He's a top 2 Center in the league hands down when healty, Deke took away all our size, not to mention he was still a great shot blocker, and rebounder. Mcgrady when healty.. was a top player.. not to mention Yao seems to get the better of Howard, [#'s don't lie] Denver would have been a problem, but I think we would have gotten past them, Add in Artest, and the way Brooks was playing.. that's it.. but it's Houston, and who kno's when we'll see a healty season... smh

ballpd05
03-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Yao is the man. He is a top 2 center in my mind with only Dwight Howard in the convo (or Timmy if you count him as a C).

Yao at 7'6 gave the rockets a shot blocker and an near unstoppable post game to guard against 1 on 1. The rockets were scrappy without him, but losing Yao took away their best scoring option and their only shotblocker because Mutombo was hurt and gave it up earlier those playoffs I believe.

Yao gave the Rockets the best of advantages inside, but without him their scrappy run and gun style would've slowed down while he was in the game.

I don't know about T-Mac that year. He was suspect when he was playing last year, even though he led them on a 22 game win streak most of which without yao the year before. He lost his magic now tho, ask thin knicks

JordansBulls
03-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I pray to god JB does not see this thread

Too late.:)

Iodine
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Too late.:)

:cry::cry:

You win this time

IversonIsKrazy
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
if T-mac was playing, theres no way they would get past the first round, we all know this. If Yao was playing, Lakers would have still won, but the games that Lakers destroyed the Rockets by 20+ would be Laker wins by 5. It wouldn't make a difference in terms of outcome, but it would have in terms of how much they lost by w/ Yao. T-Mac, they would have lost to Portland first round.

Chronz
03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
if T-mac was playing, theres no way they would get past the first round, we all know this. If Yao was playing, Lakers would have still won, but the games that Lakers destroyed the Rockets by 20+ would be Laker wins by 5. It wouldn't make a difference in terms of outcome, but it would have in terms of how much they lost by w/ Yao. T-Mac, they would have lost to Portland first round.
Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me, with a healthy Tmac they sweep the series vs the Blazers, or maybe win in 5. If you knew how to break down the game, youd understand why, sadly if you knew that, you wouldnt be an AI fanatic.

Its a tough choice I know, but you cant go back now, your stuck being an AI fan.

tjlipford
03-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Man if if was a fifth.

sep11ie
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me, with a healthy Tmac they sweep the series vs the Blazers, or maybe win in 5. If you knew how to break down the game, youd understand why, sadly if you knew that, you wouldnt be an AI fanatic.

Its a tough choice I know, but you cant go back now, your stuck being an AI fan.

Seriously, I know I've asked you before, but are you Tracy McGrady?

smith&wesson
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
....Forgive me if this has been posted...

But if the Rockets had Yao and T-Mac last year in the playoffs, would they have beat L.A., Denver, and Magic to win the championship???? Houston was very much a threat, and I still believe they would've beat THE nuggets last year had we faced them....

But if Rockets were healthy, could they have won the championship???

then they wouldnt have had artest .... and it would take a miracle for yao and mac to be healthy at the same time. were talking about two of the most frequently injured players in the nba. you can throw oden in there too.

astrosmaniac
03-15-2010, 03:45 PM
then they wouldnt have had artest .... and it would take a miracle for yao and mac to be healthy at the same time. were talking about two of the most frequently injured players in the nba. you can throw oden in there too.

thats doesnt make sense. how would yao/mcgrady being healthy have to do with them having artest?

redsox4ever36
03-15-2010, 05:02 PM
How about if the Rockets get a healthy Yao back next year.

Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, Yao..... With Hill, Battier, Lowry, Chuck Hayes off the bench? Scary stuff.