PDA

View Full Version : Play-Offs fever: Bosh grills teammates; Bulls play-off hope dampens

fairandbalanced
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Kirk Hinrich of the Chicago Bulls has been suspended one game without pay for making contact with a game official and, in a separate incident, Phoenix Suns head coach Alvin Gentry has been fined $25,000 for improper conduct towards a game official and for not leaving the court in a timely manner following his ejection, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Likely out for the Bulls in their next game, Hinrich, Rose, Noah and Deng, Bulls are already 3 games below .500.

"Act like you care. We need to do the things that win. We don't do the things that win. I'm going down and playing offense on their side of the court and their (bench) is louder than we are. That doesn't make any sense. They're not playing for anything. We're trying to make the playoffs. We're trying to get the fifth seed but that is, like, slipping away every day."

Bosh continued.

"We're supposed to be gearing up for playoff basketball and this is not playoff basketball," he said. "Their bench is more active than ours is. They're players are getting more stops. They're getting more offensive rebounds. Everybody is doing everything. If you look on the schedule now and see Toronto, I'm sure people are checking the win box. I can understand if we lose a game going down fighting, but we're not fighting at all.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/03/13/hinrich.suspended/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

The Play-Offs is about 3 weeks away, it's a bad sign when teams start having problems this close to the play-offs. That said, who do you think will be left out in the East?

Iodine
03-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Unless Pargo becomes a decent NBA stiff then the bulls will not win a game until KH or Rose comes back

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 01:25 PM
The Raptors

fairandbalanced
03-14-2010, 01:27 PM
The Raptors

This coming from a guy that miss George Bush? You're far from reality bro.

td0tsfinest
03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I still think the Bulls won't make it. Missing 4 of their better players in the next 3 games isn't a good sign.

Chicagofaithful
03-14-2010, 01:37 PM
yeah im a bulls fan and i dont htink we'll make it. we havent had a full starting lineup in weeks and theres no sign we will.. we're not deep enough to be able to withstand this many injuries

dtmagnet
03-14-2010, 01:43 PM
So much can change so quickly, that is proven by how fast the Raptors fell out of fifth place. If things don't change from the way they are now though, the Bulls might miss out just from losing all those players even if the Raptors continue to stink it up.

Raph12
03-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Chitown won't make it, while TO will drop to 8th to get destroyed by the Cavs.

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 02:03 PM
This coming from a guy that miss George Bush? You're far from reality bro.

Am I missing something? Did I put that billboard up? Who says the purpose of the sig is because I miss him?(Which I don't, besides his speeches)

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Not to mention that Toronto's last 4 games in which they've lost are against teams with a combined 106-147 record. And that's with the Lakers 46 wins.

The_905
03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
^ all on the road and the raps are poor on the road to say the least.

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Usually, so are the Bucks. What's your point then? It still doesn't take away from the fact they are playing very poorly. They just played some terrible teams.

Iodine
03-14-2010, 02:33 PM
^ all on the road and the raps are poor on the road to say the least.

And the Raptors have 9 away games and 8 home games left

effen5
03-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Bulls fan here, no way we make it. Losing 4 out of our 5 best players/starters in the next game, and a good chance of losing 3 out of our 5 best players/starters the following games....I mean theres no chance we make it in.

masalex1205
03-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I went with Bulls, they're just having a string of bad luck

uncleben989
03-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Not to mention that Toronto's last 4 games in which they've lost are against teams with a combined 106-147 record. And that's with the Lakers 46 wins.

there just hit a bad stretch, when bosh gets back playing like himself. their a better team than the bucks no question

Raph12
03-14-2010, 03:03 PM
there just hit a bad stretch, when bosh gets back playing like himself. their a better team than the bucks no question

Option A - defense-oriented squad with Bogut and Jennings on offense
Option B - strictly offense-oriented team with Bosh as their defensive anchor

I'll take option A over option B anyday of the week, month, year, decade, century or millenium.

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 03:06 PM

You tell yourself that. I'll believe it when they don't lose by 23 to the Kings and 12 to Golden State.

uncleben989
03-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Option A - defense-oriented squad with Bogut and Jennings on offense
Option B - strictly offense-oriented team with Bosh as their defensive anchor

I'll take option A over option B anyday of the week, month, year, decade, century or millenium.

raph given how much raptor haterade you consume, i dont take your posts seriously:D

but to get back to point, when raps get their offense goin again they play enuff d to wins game like they did after the slow start.

at the end of the day, bucks are led by a rookie and u aint goin too far in the playoffs.

raps get bosh in form, raps o gets clickin > bucks anyday of the week

Raps4TheWin
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM
had to go with the bulls, tho the raps are playing pretty bad bulls are playing worse. i expect the bobcats to go up the standings with the addition of larry hughes

arkanian215
03-14-2010, 03:39 PM
The bulls need noah. Hopefully NJ can get the two wins against the bulls.

smuffins353
03-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I love it

Bosh, come home to Texas....and not for the Spurs or Fagericks

ldc62
03-14-2010, 03:53 PM
I love it

Bosh, come home to Texas....and not for the Spurs or Fagericks

I like the Rockets too, but not happeing.....

I would much rather see the Bulls make it. Raptors (even tho I like them a little more) are going to get stomped in the playoffs...

smuffins353
03-14-2010, 04:07 PM
how do you know this dude. It is a possibility, especially since Scola been puttin up Hall of Fame type numbers lately

can you imagine that

regular night=Brooks-Martin-Ariza-Bosh-Yao

MAYYN HOLD UP...dynastic possibilities, Just let the Wizard do his thing

Iodine
03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
You ca only use one ball in the NBA

PHX2daDEATH
03-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Bosh is so gone..

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
but to get back to point, when raps get their offense goin again they play enuff d to wins game like they did after the slow start.

at the end of the day, bucks are led by a rookie and u aint goin too far in the playoffs.

raps get bosh in form, raps o gets clickin > bucks anyday of the week

First of all, the Bucks are led by Andrew Bogut, not Jennings. Jennings plays a huge role though, and even if they're "led by a rookie", he's still leading them to wins, unlike in Toronto. I don't understand how you can argue this? All you guys say is "we're in a rough stretch" or "when we get going, we can win"...

Right now Bucks > Toronto. Prove it to me otherwise. You've given nothing even remotely substantial.

Jays101
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Im a die-hard raps fan, but right now theyre playing like crap.... the offence is totally out of sync, defense has always been a problem and the coaches dont know what to do. Bosh is totally right, the team has no desperation and noone seems like they care that theyre losing to sub-par teams. I hope they can turn it around or else theyre gonna be watching come this april.

joe j.09
03-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Bosh'scomments mean hes deff. leaving 100%

bulls suck. (but prob. would have snuck in as 8th seed without injuries)

raptors will end up 6th or 7th

miami ends up 8th and loses in 5 to cavs.

Red222
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
we are only a game and half back of toronto dont bury us yet :p

aman_13
03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
First of all, the Bucks are led by Andrew Bogut, not Jennings. Jennings plays a huge role though, and even if they're "led by a rookie", he's still leading them to wins, unlike in Toronto. I don't understand how you can argue this? All you guys say is "we're in a rough stretch" or "when we get going, we can win"...

Right now Bucks > Toronto. Prove it to me otherwise. You've given nothing even remotely substantial.

I agree with you and i'm a Raps fans. Bucks > Raptors right now, and is because one team likes to play defence and other team doesn't.

ttam68
03-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Where'd you get the Bosh quotes? Did NBA.com really say: "They're players are getting more stops."

As for these teams, I see Chicago falling out. Their sights are set on this summer and with injuries coming up now it'll be a tough finish. Besides Toronto currently holds the 8th seed over them and just has too much talent to actually miss the playoffs. That'd be devastating for them. Miami and Charlotte are in already in my mind.

sargon21
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
whoever said bulls suck is just ****in wrong, we don't suck, i mean i'd like to see you lose you're best 3 players for a length of time, we prob would've gotten the 6th seed if healthy, or even 2/3 healthy

footballer2369
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
5 heat
6 bucks
7 bobcats
8 raptors

in my mind...

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-14-2010, 11:23 PM
whoever said bulls suck is just ****in wrong, we don't suck, i mean i'd like to see you lose you're best 3 players for a length of time, we prob would've gotten the 6th seed if healthy, or even 2/3 healthy

excuses, excuses....

thescore53
03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
anyone want bargs

Red222
03-14-2010, 11:30 PM
excuses, excuses....

its the truth the trades didnt help either but its understandable why we did them

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-14-2010, 11:38 PM
You Bull fans make it seem Rose, Deng, and Noah have been out for the whole year. Ill give you Noah cuz hes been out for a while, but gimme a break. Rose and Deng have missed two games and they are both day to day. Every time the Bulls are brought up someone says "try playing without your three best players" like they have been playing with out them the whole year.

It happens to every team at some point unless theyre lucky. It just sucks for you guys that it came at the wrong time. But you guys had your chances...

slack_justin
03-14-2010, 11:44 PM
the raps will be as bad as the the nets once bosh leaves, the bulls werent great to begin with now with all those losses it aint happenin

Red222
03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
You Bull fans make it seem Rose, Deng, and Noah have been out for the whole year. Ill give you Noah cuz hes been out for a while, but gimme a break. Rose and Deng have missed two games and they are both day to day. Every time the Bulls are brought up someone says "try playing without your three best players" like they have been playing with out them the whole year.

It happens to every team at some point unless theyre lucky. It just sucks for you guys that it came at the wrong time. But you guys had your chances...

it happened at a bad time so the importance is heightened our defense has sucked hence why we have lost games no excuses and with this said we are only 1 game out dont bury us yet

Super.
03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
So what happened to Chicago being SO much better after the trade deadline?

Were are all the Rose is God threads when your team is LOSING!

Red222
03-14-2010, 11:50 PM
So what happened to Chicago being SO much better after the trade deadline?

Were are all the Rose is God threads when your team is LOSING!
dont blame us for a few people making dumb threads and secondly i thought we were better at the time i was wrong we can still be a playoff team. Rose has done his part just needs help plus he still has lots of room to improve

ManRam
03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
If Chicago were healthy, they'd make it.

They aren't...so you do the math.

nekosquare
03-15-2010, 12:02 AM
you can't blame the losing streak on Rose. He was playing outstanding ball. His showdown against DWilliams from Utah was really something to watch. Bulls are likely out. Their frontline is excessively thin, which has been the case for years. Noah surprised everybody, and inspired false hope. Injuries exposed the team's lacking depth in the front court.

However, if you asked most bulls fans at the beginning of the season, they didn't think this was a playoff team. Even without the playoffs, this season is a success for Chicago. They've identified Rose and Noah are pieces to build around. Deng's season justifies keeping him and Ben Gordon's season justifies letting him go. Deng's contract is still awful, but the team cleared up the money for the 2010 sweepstakes. Frankly, I think some people would prefer a ST for Bosh simply to get rid of Deng's contract and make room to fill out the roster with role players... specifically a long distance shooter.

Red222
03-15-2010, 12:06 AM
you can't blame the losing streak on Rose. He was playing outstanding ball. His showdown against DWilliams from Utah was really something to watch. Bulls are likely out. Their frontline is excessively thin, which has been the case for years. Noah surprised everybody, and inspired false hope. Injuries exposed the team's lacking depth in the front court.

However, if you asked most bulls fans at the beginning of the season, they didn't think this was a playoff team. Even without the playoffs, this season is a success for Chicago. They've identified Rose and Noah are pieces to build around. Deng's season justifies keeping him and Ben Gordon's season justifies letting him go. Deng's contract is still awful, but the team cleared up the money for the 2010 sweepstakes. Frankly, I think some people would prefer a ST for Bosh simply to get rid of Deng's contract and make room to fill out the roster with role players... specifically a long distance shooter. unlikely dream scenario

Ragun
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
i think the bucks have been better than the raptors the whole season. we have more talent but they are definitely the better team.

bal_ravens
03-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I think the Raptors will finish 7th, Miami 8th with both not going anywhere in the playoffs.

Chronz
03-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I tried to tell people the Raps would start slipping. But they are still going to make the playoffs.

PS Salmons has been a beast for the Bucks

alencp3
03-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Cavs will sweep Raps easily

fairandbalanced
03-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks like the Raptors will not be making the play-offs

ldc62
03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Cavs will sweep Raps easily

because of the reffing.

FlakeyFool