PDA

View Full Version : Fear The Deer

TheBomb255
03-14-2010, 11:32 AM
A lot of people here don't know much about the Milwaukee Bucks, and they have been the underdogs for quite awhile, the media hasn't said much about the Bucks recently, but teams need to fear the deer.

After the Bucks got Salmons from the Bulls, they have won 11 out of the last 12, and are currently riding a 5 game winning streak.

Schedule since Feburary:

Before Salmons

2/1 @ Miami: W 97-81
2/2 @ Orlando: L 82-99
2/5 @ New York: W 114-107
2/6 V. Indiana: W 93-81
2/9: V. Detroit: L 81-93
2/10: @ New Jersey: W 97-77
2/17: V. Houston: L 99-127

With Salmons

2/19: @ Detroit: W 91-85
2/20: V. Bobcats: W 93-88
2/22: @ New York: W 83-67
2/24: V. New Orleans: W 115-95
2/25: @ Indinia: W 112-110
2/27: @ Miami: W 94-71
2/28: @ Atlanta: L 102-106 (OT)

3/3: V. Washington: W 100-87
3/5: @ Washington: W 102-74
3/6: V. Cleveland: W 92-85
3/9: V. Boston: W 86-84
3/12 V. Utah: W 95-87

So they were 4-3 without Salmons in Feburary, and then in late Feb, and early March they are 11-1 with Salmons, and the only loss came to the 4th seeded playoff team, and they took them to OT, after playing 4 games in 5 days.

Andrew Bogut is VERY underrated, and probably should have made the all-star team over David Lee, and Brandon Jennings is playing extremeley well.

Andrew Bogut: 16.2 PPG, 10.40 RPG, 1.9 APG, 52.3 FG, 2.5 BPG
John Salmons (W/Bucks): 19.3 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 3.1 APG, 45.5 FG, 36.0 3PT, 85.7 FT

Andrew Bogut has 46 blocks in 12 games, and has at least 2 or more blocks since Feb. 19th.

Honestly, I think the Bucks are going to surprise some people in the playoffs, and if they face the Celtics, I honestly think they can beat them in a series.

How far do you think the Bucks can go, and is this run a fluke?

mrblisterdundee
03-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Milwaukee's lack of front court depth is what's going to do them in. It can solve some of that problem by shipping away Michael Redd for some talented size, although Redd isn't worth very much after all those injuries, along with the fact that he's a one-dimensional shooter.

NightMayer1558
03-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't jump on their soapbox just yet.

They have been playing some great ball recently, but none of their wins since the Salmons trade have really been standout against strong teams. Aside from Utah and possibly Boston, most of these teams are just outside-looking in teams (Lebronless Cavs do not count). Their schedule has been fairly light since the trade deadline while other teams in the playoff race who seem to be imploding (Chicago and Toronto) have been playing much tougher teams recently.

The Jazz game was impressive, but we need to see if they can keep this up. Playoffs are not set in stone yet.

Stay_Swim
03-14-2010, 12:31 PM
They're getting better. I love the Bucks and I wish I could say they're for real, but Im just not sold yet. I do love Andrew Bogut though.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Teams get really hot. That's what this is. They going to cool down come playoff time. Which could hurt their momentum going in.

thescore53
03-14-2010, 12:57 PM
lets not get ahead of ourselves remember what happened to the bobcats who made a similar run theyre gonna fall back to earth

Hellcrooner
03-14-2010, 03:13 PM
team that gets hot makes playoffs and maybe win a round bit inreality is not that good and is all product of that hot streak.

Following year? since they dont hve the lotto pick they should have used they go down in the lotto again.

See Clippers, Warriors for Reference.

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
team that gets hot makes playoffs and maybe win a round bit inreality is not that good and is all product of that hot streak.

Following year? since they dont hve the lotto pick they should have used they go down in the lotto again.

See Clippers, Warriors for Reference.

We're probably getting the Bulls pick in this upcoming draft. Check Salmons-Warrick trade.

And why would it matter if we had a lotto pick or not? 4 of our starting 5 consists of guys with the age of 20(Jennings), 27(Delfino), 26(Bogut), and 23(Mbah a Moute). Our 6th man is 22(Ersan Ilyasova)

Hellcrooner
03-14-2010, 06:10 PM
We're probably getting the Bulls pick in this upcoming draft. Check Salmons-Warrick trade.

And why would it matter if we had a lotto pick or not? 4 of our starting 5 consists of guys with the age of 20(Jennings), 27(Delfino), 26(Bogut), and 23(Mbah a Moute). Our 6th man is 22(Ersan Ilyasova)

Eh dont shoot me i like the bucks but this current teams is still nto solid enough to make great things.

nad very probably Delfino woudl need to be on the bench because you ahve someone better and Bogut, Jennings need to be second and third option because you got someone better before they can really contend.

Fa Market wont bring you that kind of player so having a lotto pick is always a good thin.

ValuePick
03-14-2010, 07:06 PM
John Hammond, the GM of the Bucks, has been making very good moves since coming aboard. Everyone questioned the Richard Jefferson trade this offseason as well not signing Charlie V. to a huge contract. In the past the Mo Williams trade was questioned. Clearly he knows what he is doing.

Raph12
03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Orlando has beat them all 3 times this season and Dwight's just manhandled Bogut on both ends of the floor... I'm not very scared.

AirCanada15ORL
03-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I do fear the Deer I'll be honest. They're a tough team to face. I think the Magic match up good with them and would beat them for sure. But I think they have legit chance at beating a lot of other teams.
THey are a good team, good coach, good bigman

shep33
03-14-2010, 07:27 PM
I really like this team, and honestly, if they could get one star to help out at the 2-3 spot, they'd be even better. Need a backup big too.

_KB24_
03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
They have already had a successful season. Coming into the season, I had them as the worst team in the East. But, I'm loving their core right now, Jennings, Bell, Bogut, Salmons, and even Redd when he's back.

topdog
03-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Remember how Salmons helped the Bulls last year and Sacto his 1st year there? Yeah... I still feel like the Bucks are wallowing in mediocrity in a weaker conference despite a win streak. I don't think anyone is afraid of them winning a championship now or soon

(not trying to trash them or anything but they have moved a lot of players pretty much every year the last few years and kinda seem to stay in the same place of lower east playoff team)

iggypop123
03-14-2010, 07:51 PM
they might be able to give orlando issues, but the problem will be bogut will only get to play 2 min a quarter cause of foul trouble. jennings can run a team, just not shoot so well. mbah a moute can play against either carter or lewis, it gives them flexibility to switch. bell is a small but tough defender. almost a aaron aflalo kind of player

sargon21
03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
i really dont think they're team is very talented, besides bogut (who i think is great), but skiles always gets his teams to play hard, at least for a year or 2

kingkenny01
03-14-2010, 08:08 PM
i think the bucks could beat boston in the playoffs but no one higher
there young they could be great in a couple of years

TheWatcher34
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
i am suprised Salmons quickly found back to himself since they got him out of Chicago. the Bucks are looking good recently...but i think they're to inexperienced to reach the ECF. i'd say Bogut for MIP!

Miltown34
03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I mean I think we have the GM, for the 1st time we have some draft picks(Chicago and some 2rd picks. with some young building blocks. I think we can be an elite team in the East. We are legit this year but I think in 2010-2011 we look toward getting HMCA in the playoffs. in 2-3 years I think if John Hammond keeps working his magic and dump salary to get a great player in 2-3 years we should be contenders. We just don't have known players, but people who watch the Bucks know it's not just hard work we have some solid talented players we just need another all-star or a couple more pieces. We have won 18 out of 21 and after this road trip, we will be back home for most of the time the rest of the season.

Meth
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
upset!

sugarrayray
03-15-2010, 01:03 AM
The Bucks will be one of the premiere teams in the east in 2 years. Jennings will be one of the best point guards in the league, and Bogut will be one of the best centers. Those are the two most important positions on a team.

The Bucks will have 30 million off the books after next year, and they're already under the luxery tax right now. They are in great financial position.

What a lot of people don't realize is that next year Michael Redd's contract will be almost as valuable as Tmacs was this year. Its not about how good he is, its about how much money a team can get off the books in a trade with the Bucks next year.

John Hammond knows what he's doing. They already have one of the best defenses in the league, if they add and allstar player with Bogut and Jennings being so good, they'll be ready for the prime time.

Even then the cheating NBA won't be able to hold them down.

carter15
03-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Even then the cheating NBA won't be able to hold them down.

thats the spirit :facepalm:

LA_Raiders
03-15-2010, 01:28 AM
they are playing great ball, i hope they make a strong run in the POffs...

AI4MVP
03-16-2010, 02:04 AM
they have one of the most complete teams in the nba. say what u want about brandon jennings, but hes still amazing. he knows how to run a team and hes a great passer, and despite his shooting percentages, he has the ability to get really hot and the ability to contribute in other ways when his shot isnt going. he has a killers mentailty.

they also have one of the best centers in the nba

they have two legit scoring threats in John Salmons and Brandon Jennings, and a two solid shooters to round out the starting five in delfino and ilysova.

regradless of what ppeople say, i think there bench is one of the most solid benches in the nba. Luke Ridnour is shooting the lights out this year and is a very very serviceable backup point guard, and luc richard mbah a moute is the best defender in the nba IMO. Jerry Stackhouse and Kurt Thomas are great veteran leaders while Jerry Stackhouse can still score the ball and Kurt Thomas is a good big body.

They are one of the scrappiest, best defensive teams in the league, and they are lead by a fantastic coach in Scott Skiles who is the perfect coach for that team. tough, and a disciplinarian.

i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if the milwaukee bucks shock the world and make a deeep deeeeep playoff run. yes. that deep

thescore53
03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
overhype this team will fall back down to earth

cameroncrazies2
03-19-2010, 01:20 AM
overhype this team will fall back down to earth

Falling just like how the Raptors are falling right out of the playoffs. Man I'm going to feel bad for you guys when Bosh leaves and the Raps are one of the worst teams in the league next year.

GodsSon
03-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Falling just like how the Raptors are falling right out of the playoffs. Man I'm going to feel bad for you guys when Bosh leaves and the Raps are one of the worst teams in the league next year.

tsk tsk tsk

thescore53
03-19-2010, 10:59 AM
ezactly just like the bulls, heat and bobcats, they made their runs and have fallen back to earth. and i like how these bucks come from no where after they start winning