PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win the championship in 2009-2010?

JordansBulls
03-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Who do you think will win the championship in 2009-2010?

These were the teams predicted before the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-NBAChamps

Lakers - 19 votes
Cavs - 18 votes
Spurs - 8 votes
Celtics - 5 votes
Orlando - 3 votes

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Cavs.

I think they can match up to the Magic this time.

FlakeyFool
03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
toronto raptors

Mavrix
03-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Mavs/Magic finals, Mavs in 6

Tribe
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Cavs over Lakers in 5

Lebron and Shaq co MVP's

TheKing23
03-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Cavs/Mavs finals

Cavs in 5

Raps18-19 Champ
03-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I want a Nuggets/Cavs finals.

Carmelo vs Lebron.

I'd want a Kobe/Lebron but they don't play the same position and wouldn't be guarding each other at all.

alencp3
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Cavs/Mavs finals

Cavs in 4

This

Reversed86Curse
03-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Hate to say this, but I got the Mavs as a spoiler

bigsams50
03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Cavs over LA in 6

RadiantShot
03-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I think this year's Finals will go to at least 6 games, but as for who's getting there, I'm not exactly sure.

I'll post my response when they start the playoffs, because the problem is, I can't watch many teams really, and I can't give my full opinion once I see these teams and their attitudes in the playoffs.

JNA17
03-14-2010, 12:34 PM
gonna be a lot of homer posts :facepalm:

either way, whatever PSD thinks will just turn out badly.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Lakers vs Bucks

lakers in 4

Iodine
03-14-2010, 12:40 PM
The niners vs the redsox with the niners winning on a last second power play goal

RadiantShot
03-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Lakers vs Bucks

lakers in 4

I don't think you're joking either.
:facepalm:

Iodine
03-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think you're joking either.
:facepalm:

Its obviously the other way around, cause the bucks would invoke the name of Roger Mason to help them win

Cavs_Fan24
03-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Cavs vs Mavs

Cavs in 6

xBLAMEITON24x
03-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Lakers vs Magic

Lakers in 6

dtmagnet
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I think an Eastern conference team wins it this year, I like the Magic.

LA_Raiders
03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
LA vs Orl

LA in 5

Raph12
03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Who do you think will win the championship in 2009-2010?

These were the teams predicted before the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-NBAChamps

Lakers - 19 votes
Cavs - 18 votes
Spurs - 8 votes
Celtics - 5 votes
Orlando - 3 votes

LMFAO at the Spurs and Celts getting more votes than Orlando.

RadiantShot
03-14-2010, 02:10 PM
LMFAO at the Spurs and Celts getting more votes than Orlando.

It's okay Raph. They'll see soon enough. ;) Playoffs soon.

Toenail Clipper
03-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Matt Barnes.

RadiantShot
03-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Matt Barnes.

This.
Thread over.

Iodine
03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Roger Mason>Matt Barnes

Its a fact

MVMarauder
03-14-2010, 02:26 PM
its going to be the Lakers vs whoever the East brings at them. The east is definitly going to be tired though they have 3 of the top 5 teams in the league over there.

In the finals it will be the Lakers vs the East's best with the Lakers winning it in 6.

The reason why I dont think the Nuggets contend is because a few weeks ago they lost to the Lakers with Kobe only shooting 3-17. If Kobe has a hot game the Lakers win.

the terminator
03-14-2010, 02:28 PM
whyd you leave off the bulls? i know its a long shot, but they can beat anybody in the league when derrick rose is on.

Iodine
03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
whyd you leave off the bulls? i know its a long shot, but they can beat anybody in the league when derrick rose is on.

No.
Stop.
Your Jokes are not funny.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Lakers-Magic

Magic in 7

MacFitz92
03-14-2010, 03:18 PM
ECF - Cavs vs. Magic (Cavs in 7)
WCF - Mavs vs. Lakers (Mavs in 7)

Finals - Cavs vs. Mavs (Mavs in 6)

I think the playoffs this year will be very close.

smuffins353
03-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Mavs homers need to STOP....Lakers & Niggets are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than you guys..

on that note, Lakers vs. Cavs- 7 games w LBJ getting his first ring

im callin it now

still1ballin
03-14-2010, 04:25 PM
ECF - Cavs vs. Magic (Cavs in 7)
WCF - Mavs vs. Lakers (Mavs in 7)

Finals - Cavs vs. Mavs (Mavs in 6)

I think the playoffs this year will be very close.

Sorry, but considering that Lakers have HCA, there is no way Lakers will lose a game 7 at home against the Mavs. With the experience they have and the best closer in the game it just won't happen.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Thunder...

No, I'll say Cavs vs. Nuggets.

Cavs in 7.

JordansBulls
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry, but considering that Lakers have HCA, there is no way Lakers will lose a game 7 at home against the Mavs. With the experience they have and the best closer in the game it just won't happen.

Also Kobe has only lost one series in his career with HCA.

Faneik
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Boston Celtics

Vinny642
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Either the Lakers, Cavs, or Magic. I will be pissed if out of those teams the Magic dont win it.

Faneik
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Also Kobe has only lost one series in his career with HCA.

2004 Finals vs the Pistons

JordansBulls
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
2004 Finals vs the Pistons

Yep.

And he also has only lost 1 series as the #1 seed and that was in 2008. However Boston had the #1 seed as well and the HCA.

kArSoN RyDaH
03-15-2010, 01:20 AM
l.a vs orlando. lakers in 6

The_Pharouh
03-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Lakers vs Cavs
lakers in 6

TheFuture6
03-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Nuggets over Cavs.

Jaji
03-15-2010, 06:39 AM
My team over another team.

Law25
03-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Lakers over the Cavs in seven. I think the game will be up for grabs till mid third, then the Lakers will get an ten point cussion goin into the fourth. James will get the Cavs to about four point, then Kobe will end the debat of who's best with timeinly scoreing , on pont passing, and tough onball D. After the game Kobe and Lebron will give props to each others greatness, as Lebron leave the court he'll see Kobe raise the trophy and realize his game have been takin to te next level competing with Kobe, and be better for it.

alencp3
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Anyone wanna bet?
I bet 1000$ that Cavs will win it

kobebabe
03-15-2010, 08:02 AM

Thank u for using common sense. Lots of homers here sadly are not

TheWatcher34
03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Mavs are dangerous!

RadiantShot
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone wanna bet?
I bet 1000$ that Cavs will win it

Pretty bold move to be making, don't you think? :rolleyes:

mikantsass
03-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Magic can beat both the Cavs and Lakers

RadiantShot
03-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Magic can beat both the Cavs and Lakers

:)

Iodine
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Pretty bold move to be making, don't you think? :rolleyes:

I mean, when you don't actually have any idea what your talking about, might as well listen to what ESPN says right?

G-Funk
03-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Lakers vs Magic Lakers in 7

Lakers vs Cavs Lakers in 6

That's IF the Lakers make it pass Nuggets but I like the chances since Nuggets aren't any good on the road.

Tblaze
03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Cleveland... I think has the best shot.

MELO 15
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I really believe this is the nuggets year

king4day
03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I picked the Magic at the start and with the way they've looked of late, I don't feel the need to change it.
The Cavs will probably give them their toughest competition in the east, but if Shaq is still getting reacclimated with this team, I don't think there's enough time to get the chemistry back.

CowboysKB24
03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Everyone pick your favorite team! Then argue for them!

RadiantShot
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Everyone pick your favorite team! Then argue for them!

This man.
:clap:

basketfan4life
03-15-2010, 01:04 PM
people here,i know it is a long post but i would appreciate if you read and comment,so please...

i don't want to show myself as en expert which i am not,but i make good predictions, for the last 4 years i guessed the champions right at the beginning of the seasons...also,2 years ago when la traded for gasol,as a guy who was rooting for the lakers over celtics, i said the celtics gonna win it,even when the lakers were playing their best..it turned out to be true.
last year i said whoever east brings out, lakers will win it all,(i also said if garnett can't return to playoffs magic will make the finals,if garnett returns i picked cavs for the finals,because with healthy garnett celtics keep winning on magic and losing to the cavs,and magic was matcing up great with cavs,the breakpoint was CSF for the magic.i think you got what i mean..)it turned out to be true,because la and espacially kobe was so hungry and they kept themselves to the playoffs,even to the finals,and i was rooting for the magic...you know,i don't have a favourite team but i like magic more than la and i like la more than celtics,last two years i predicted for the team i wasn't rooting for and they both won...

so what about this year;this year is the hardest one to predict for,because it's too competitive...
kobe and lakers aren't %100 percent,you can't say they are heavy favourites...

but i want to talk about the cavs,they look like they are so concentrated to the big picture and they miss the details.for example,last year they had the league's best record and swept the firs 2 rounds,they tought like they were automatically in the finals,they overlooked the magic,and if it wasn't for the lebrons miracle shot in game 2,they were facing a sweep.
because the cavs has a very bad coaching staff, i can't believe how bad of a coach mike brown is.every year he has more determinated and more hungry player in lebron which is one of the two best players in the league(other being kobe,and in a long run like regular season i pick lebron over kobe because he is much younger and energetic,in playoff time its another story) and arguably the best squad in the east,but for the first two rounds of the playoffs he didn't care about magic and what can he do against them,they beat you 3 times in the regular season...come on now,cavs could beat the hawks and pistons by lebron coaching them last year.he played the same way with the regular season against orlando which is give the ball to lebron and get the hell out of his way.no way you can beat a contender like magic playing that type of basketball...everybody blamed lbj's teammates but they weren't bad,no blame on lebron too,he did his best to win and played epic basketball..it was all mike brown's fault.

this year,the cavs may end up with same kind of story if mike brown doesn't make up his mind.actually i thought at the start of the season,the biggest plus of the addition of shaq won't be guarding howard,i tought shaq knows how to become a champion and will bring that philosophy to cavs,but it didn't happen...people everywhere talks how great passer lebron is(yes he is),how willing passer he is(yes he is),but nobody realises that the only year king james went to the finals was his worst year statistically in last 4-5 years,i was expecting a drop in his stats this year because i thought they got the lesson they need last year and shaq knows a lot how to become a champ(but it turned out to be he is an *** kisser and all he does is saying i'm here to protect lebron,so lame...)...don't get me wrong,none of these are against lebron and don't jump on to me...lebron and the cavs need to learn how to decrease lebron's role in offense,yes he is a great passer but you shouldn't turn him to your top playmaker,top scorer,top defender all of the time.
i know lbj fans go crazy about his stats this year but it is not for cavs' own good,it is a bad thing for the cavs,if you have one player who initiates your offense,finishes your offense most of the time,if he is your top scorrer and top assist guy by far,has the ball in his hands for at least 12 seconds at most of your possessions,it is nearly impossible to become a champion(i said nearly impossible not totally impossible,because lbj has a slight chance of doing that too,and he is the only player with this slight chance, just because of this i think c. paul will never have a ring,sorry,if this was the way a.i could get it first over c.paul)...another example was 2 years ago cavs versus celtics,the celts were great half court defenders and mike brown let lebron to bring the ball to offense,celtics set the defense every time for lebron just like they wanted,cleveland never gave the ball to bron when he was close to basket and with the opportunity to power up anybody.unbeliavable.
so,let mo initiate the offense,let shaq,jamison and z to play post games,even a.parker is a good one one player.if you turn everybody shooters around king james,you get beat in the playoffs...i know both jamison,z,mo,a.p,moon are good shooters,but if you don't let them play with the ball you create your own end...

after all,here is my guess...if standings be like this at the end of the season..
1-cavs
2-magic
4-celtics
8-bobcats
the cavs will have a very tough time to go to finals with playing this kind of basketball,they may even get beat in the first round against bobcats,i know a lot of people laughing at this now but they mach up so bad with bobcats...G.Wallace gives very hard time to lebron,he plays phsyical,his hands are so quick and plays lebrons passing lanes,they defend the paint so good as a team which hurts lebrons scoring ways,and if mike brown continues to play LeCavaliers basketball,bobcats will have a great chance to beat cavs, i know there are a lot of games left but orlando did a great favor to cavs by losing to bobcats...cavaliers really,really need different plans to their offense...

so all in all my prediction is,
lakers vs magic
or
lakers vs cavaliers... if magic comes i think the lakers will repeat it, if cavs comes out of the east,it's too hard to pick and it has a lot to do with if david stern wants lbj in newyork or in cleveland. because in a fairly officiated series cavs can beat l.a 2-3 times but i don't think 4 times, but if things go crazy like mavs-heat finals or last years orlando-cavs series(come on,we have to be a little realistic,they were both very bad officiated series,mike brown found a way to lose it anyway) or this years lakers cavs game in staples,then cavs will have a great chance...la doesn't need any favor,fair is enough for them...
so david stern,do you want lebron in new york or what?

JordansBulls
03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Anyone think Boston can still win it? Sort of like 1995 Rockets or 2004 Pistons style?

mikantsass
03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone think Boston can still win it? Sort of like 1995 Rockets or 2004 Pistons style?

Or the 07 Spurs.... But No i do not think Boston can win it and I am a Boston fan. Their defense is good, but not shut down good (especially for wing players like Bron, Kobe, Melo etc). They look old and lifeless a lot more than they should. They also go through terrible scoring droughts costing them games. Ray is still playing at a high level but Pierce and KG are both playing awful. Pierce is the offensive leader and KG is the defensive leader and when they are off like this the C's have no chance of beating Orlando or Cleveland in 7

Raph12
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
people here,i know it is a long post but i would appreciate if you read and comment,so please...

i don't want to show myself as en expert which i am not,but i make good predictions, for the last 4 years i guessed the champions right at the beginning of the seasons...also,2 years ago when la traded for gasol,as a guy who was rooting for the lakers over celtics, i said the celtics gonna win it,even when the lakers were playing their best..it turned out to be true.
last year i said whoever east brings out, lakers will win it all,(i also said if garnett can't return to playoffs magic will make the finals,if garnett returns i picked cavs for the finals,because with healthy garnett celtics keep winning on magic and losing to the cavs,and magic was matcing up great with cavs,the breakpoint was CSF for the magic.i think you got what i mean..)it turned out to be true,because la and espacially kobe was so hungry and they kept themselves to the playoffs,even to the finals,and i was rooting for the magic...you know,i don't have a favourite team but i like magic more than la and i like la more than celtics,last two years i predicted for the team i wasn't rooting for and they both won...

so what about this year;this year is the hardest one to predict for,because it's too competitive...

but i want to talk about the cavs,they look like they are so concentrated to the big picture and they miss the details.for example,last year they had the league's best record and swept the firs 2 rounds,they tought like they were automatically in the finals,they overlooked the magic,and if it wasn't for the lebrons miracle shot in game 2,they were facing a sweep.
because the cavs has a very bad coaching staff, i can't believe how bad of a coach mike brown is.every year he has more determinated and more hungry player in lebron which is one of the two best players in the league(other being kobe,and in a long run like regular season i pick lebron over kobe because he is much younger and energetic,in playoff time its another story) and arguably the best squad in the east,but for the first two rounds of the playoffs he didn't care about magic and what can he do against them,they beat you 3 times in the regular season...come on now,cavs could beat the hawks and pistons by lebron coaching them last year.he played the same way with the regular season against orlando which is give the ball to lebron and get the hell out of his way.no way you can beat a contender like magic playing that type of basketball...everybody blamed lbj's teammates but they weren't bad,no blame on lebron too,he did his best to win and played epic basketball..it was all mike brown's fault.

this year,the cavs may end up with same kind of story if mike brown doesn't make up his mind.actually i thought at the start of the season,the biggest plus of the addition of shaq won't be guarding howard,i tought shaq knows how to become a champion and will bring that philosophy to cavs,but it didn't happen...people everywhere talks how great passer lebron is(yes he is),how willing passer he is(yes he is),but nobody realises that the only year king james went to the finals was his worst year statistically in last 4-5 years,i was expecting a drop in his stats this year because i thought they got the lesson they need last year and shaq knows a lot how to become a champ(but it turned out to be he is an *** kisser and all he does is saying i'm here to protect lebron,so lame...)...don't get me wrong,none of these are against lebron and don't jump on to me...lebron and the cavs need to learn how to decrease lebron's role in offense,yes he is a great passer but you shouldn't turn him to your top playmaker,top scorer,top defender all of the time.
i know lbj fans go crazy about his stats this year but it is not for cavs' own good,it is a bad thing for the cavs,if you have one player who initiates your offense,finishes your offense most of the time,if he is your top scorrer and top assist guy by far,has the ball in his hands for at least 12 seconds at most of your possessions,it is nearly impossible to become a champion(i said nearly impossible not totally impossible,because lbj has a slight chance of doing that too,and he is the only player with this slight chance, just because of this i think c. paul will never have a ring,sorry,if this was the way a.i could get it first over c.paul)...another example was 2 years ago cavs versus celtics,the celts were great half court defenders and mike brown let lebron to bring the ball to offense,celtics set the defense every time for lebron just like they wanted,cleveland never gave the ball to bron when he was close to basket and with the opportunity to power up anybody.unbeliavable.
so,let mo initiate the offense,let shaq,jamison and z to play post games,even a.parker is a good one one player.if you turn everybody shooters around king james,you get beat in the playoffs...i know both jamison,z,mo,a.p,moon are good shooters,but if you don't let them play with the ball you create your own end...

after all,here is my guess...if standings be like this at the end of the season..
1-cavs
2-magic
4-celtics
8-bobcats
the cavs will have a very tough time to go to finals with playing this kind of basketball,they may even get beat in the first round against bobcats,i know a lot of people laughing at this now but they mach up so bad with bobcats...G.Wallace gives very hard time to lebron,he plays phsyical,his hands are so quick and plays lebrons passing lanes,they defend the paint so good as a team which hurts lebrons scoring ways,and if mike brown continues to play LeCavaliers basketball,bobcats will have a great chance to beat cavs, i know there are a lot of games left but orlando did a great favor to cavs by losing to bobcats...cavaliers really,really need different plans to their offense...

lakers vs magic
or
lakers vs cavaliers... if magic comes i think the lakers will repeat it, if cavs comes out of the east,it's too hard to pick and it has a lot to do with if david stern wants lbj in newyork or in cleveland. because in a fairly officiated series cavs can beat l.a 2-3 times but i don't think 4 times, but if things go crazy like mavs-heat finals or last years orlando-cavs series(come on,we have to be a little realistic,they were both very bad officiated series,mike brown found a way to lose it anyway) or this years lakers cavs game in staples,then cavs will have a great chance...la doesn't need any favor,fair is enough for them...

WAY TOO LONG!!! Should've just kept it at:

my prediction is,
lakers vs magic
or
lakers vs cavaliers

KeithLBC
03-15-2010, 02:02 PM

1-cavs
2-magic
4-celtics
8-bobcats

lakers vs magic
or

nobody is going to read this, make it shorter next time.

Lakers vs Cavs, Lakers in 7.

basketfan4life
03-15-2010, 02:08 PM
why? do people here just want to say lebron is better than kobe or kobe is better than lebron?or reasoning s'thing is dumb?
but thanks for your help anyway.

KeithLBC
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM
why? do people here just want to say lebron is better than kobe or kobe is better than lebron?or reasoning s'thing is dumb?
but thanks for your help anyway.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but people want to read shorter posts that are to the point. Most people on PSD are lazy and wont take the 2 mins it takes to read something that long.

BTW, I read it. Makes sense, but the Lebron *** kissers wiill be all over you, that is, if they know how to read ;)

basketfan4life
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
i know, i didn't meant to attack you either...i'm just saying it would take no time considering all the posts i read,all about kobe-lebron without any point in daily basis.

ElMarroAfamado
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
i cant wait till the cavs get eliminated so someone could bring this thread up and just laugh

Spurred1
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Denver vs. Magic OR Denver vs. Cavs
LBJ might pull it off this year.

JordansBulls
03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
i cant wait till the cavs get eliminated so someone could bring this thread up and just laugh

I'm sure the Cavs fans are thinking the same about LA.:)

Cool007
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Mavs/Magic finals, Mavs in 6

This.

JordansBulls
03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
This.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that finals. Two teams that have never won a title going at it for the title.

Tony_Starks
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Why is Utah up there?

Raph12
03-17-2010, 02:01 PM
^^^It would be fun, they match up well with one another, but if Dwight lights up Haywood for 29pts on a regular basis and they have to double him, it might be a short series.

sep11ie
03-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I'd like to see Nuggets/Cavs and see the Nuggets win, but I think it'll be a rematch of last year, with Orlando winning in 7.

This is coming from a Rockets fan, no homer!

NYtilIdie
03-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Other: New York Knicks

Next question.

avrpatsfan
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Why no OKC in the poll? If San Antonio, Utah, and Boston are in it OKC should be. Anyways, IMO it will be Nets vs. Red Sox. But really, Nuggets vs. Cavs. Nuggets in 7.

ko8e24
03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
The team currently 50-18, with the championship trophy shining nice and bright in the front office at El Segundo, CA.

Raph12
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd like to see Nuggets/Cavs and see the Nuggets win, but I think it'll be a rematch of last year, with Orlando winning in 7.

This is coming from a Rockets fan, no homer!

I really like you. :love:

Lol :p

ko8e24
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM

:laugh2:

pebloemer
03-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Why is Utah up there?

I think their record speaks for itself.

G-Funk
03-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Iwas conserned about the Nuggets but after learing of their road record I doubt they can beat the LAkers in 7

Purple&Gold24
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
The team currently 50-18, with the championship trophy shining nice and bright in the front office at El Segundo, CA.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

sep11ie
03-17-2010, 03:54 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24816599@N03/3258587568/

Very nice, I like you too!