PDA

View Full Version : Is Ray Allen the Scapegoat in Boston?

shep33
03-14-2010, 04:44 AM
I truly think he's been getting an unfair knock all year long. His numbers aren't typical Ray-like, but he's still shooting a good percentage, and is still one of the most in-shape players in the league. He's averaging 16.2ppg, on 47% shooting, 35% from 3, and 90% from the line. Ray's also only missed 1 game this year, starting in 63 games.

KG's only averaging 14ppg, with his blocks down slightly, and rebounds heavily down from the past. The guy is a beast, and has a tremendous career, but he's defintely slipping right now in production, something his team really needs. Gotta remember he's 33 coming off a knee injury.

Paul Pierce's scoring is down 3 ppg from last year, and his rpg are down about 1.4, but in fairness to him he's been injured all year long, battling a ton of nagging injuries.

Rasheed Wallace has shot under 29% from 3, and he's shot 254 of them. Only 40% from the field. Get this, 48% of his shots have been from 3 this year.

I just don't think its fair to put the blame on Ray all the time, like even today this article on ESPN states that Ray should take a lesser role. http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/sundaydime-100314/abc-sunday-dime (on the right hand side, scroll down).

This has been going on too far, and wow I haven't seen a player really get thrown under the bus as badly as Ray has this year.

What do you guys think? Did Ray get thrown under the bus this year, while some of his teammates really getting a pass?

JayW_1023
03-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Boston is in the same boat as San Antonio...they are sacrificing a good record for the regular season to get themselves in position for a playoff run. Health is prioritized over playoff berths. So if Boston is healthy after clinching a playoff seed, watch out.

magichatnumber9
03-14-2010, 07:30 AM
The answer is yes. Ray is a easier scapegoat then Kevin, Perk and Paul. Those three are the ones bringing less then 100% every night. Regardless the Boston media is a ****ing Joke.

avrpatsfan
03-14-2010, 10:14 AM
The answer is yes. Ray is a easier scapegoat then Kevin, Perk and Paul. Those three are the ones bringing less then 100% every night. Regardless the Boston media is a ****ing Joke.

Agreed. No WAY Allen is the reason we have been slipping. He gives it his all every night. It isn't his fault. It it the TEAM'S fault. There is no I in team.

Corey
03-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't think he's the scapegoat at all. Everyone knows KG is playing like ****, and Rasheed has been an absolute disappointment.

Most Celtic fans will admit that Ray Allen has been playing the best basketball out of anyone not named Rondo.

R_O_W_E
03-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Thats what happens when you're the oldest of The Three Amigos. People really wanted to see him traded for someone younger with a bad contract during the Deadline.

$ NyC $
03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, they don't know how much Ray Ray means 2 that team.

Tribe
03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
As an outsider looking in Allen seems to be the only consistent player for them all year...I dont think he is the reason they are sliding a bit...He is probably the main reason they havent slipped further

Tough call on not trading him at the deadline...He will bring in the most for any trade that the C's will have to make to stay competitive after this year

tr3ymill3r
03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
If Ray Allen is indeed the scapegoat it is because after this season he is a free agent and I don't believe the Celtics plan to keep him after this year. It just makes things easier for the fans to place blame, not to mention they don't want to outcast their young PG or C, they also feel as if KG was the reason for the championship more so than Ray Allen. Paul Pierce has been a C his whole career and he's not Antoine Walker so the Boston fans aren't about to turn face on him. Seriously though, Ray Allen was Black Jesus how can this be his fault?

Super.
03-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Boston is in the same boat as San Antonio...they are sacrificing a good record for the regular season to get themselves in position for a playoff run. Health is prioritized over playoff berths. So if Boston is healthy after clinching a playoff seed, watch out.

And we have a winner

Corey
03-14-2010, 12:25 PM
It's a pretty large if, though.

Jesse2272
03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I truly think he's been getting an unfair knock all year long. His numbers aren't typical Ray-like, but he's still shooting a good percentage, and is still one of the most in-shape players in the league. He's averaging 16.2ppg, on 47% shooting, 35% from 3, and 90% from the line. Ray's also only missed 1 game this year, starting in 63 games.

KG's only averaging 14ppg, with his blocks down slightly, and rebounds heavily down from the past. The guy is a beast, and has a tremendous career, but he's defintely slipping right now in production, something his team really needs. Gotta remember he's 33 coming off a knee injury.

Paul Pierce's scoring is down 3 ppg from last year, and his rpg are down about 1.4, but in fairness to him he's been injured all year long, battling a ton of nagging injuries.

Rasheed Wallace has shot under 29% from 3, and he's shot 254 of them. Only 40% from the field. Get this, 48% of his shots have been from 3 this year.

I just don't think its fair to put the blame on Ray all the time, like even today this article on ESPN states that Ray should take a lesser role. http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/sundaydime-100314/abc-sunday-dime (on the right hand side, scroll down).

This has been going on too far, and wow I haven't seen a player really get thrown under the bus as badly as Ray has this year.

What do you guys think? Did Ray get thrown under the bus this year, while some of his teammates really getting a pass?

Definitely bad buisness...Id take him on the knicks without a 2nd thought...luv RA

shep33
03-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Its just kinda upsetting, case the guy basically runs around more then anyone else in the league at his age (running around screens etc.), and the media is often calling him out as the guy to go.

If Boston doesn't pick him up, man there are teams that could use him, primarily the Lakers who need a shooter desperately, I think he would be awesome in Utah or Phoenix, his numbers would definetly baloon in Phoenix, plus with their medical staff's ability to increase the longevity of some players careers its really a perfect place to land.

Guy is still bringing it and has been the least injured of the big 3.

Raph12
03-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Short answer... Yes.

Hellcrooner
03-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Yes as much as Jeff is become the scapegoat in Spurs and someone i dont need to mention has become scapegoat in Lakers

MrFastBreak
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
He should take a lesser role. Just because hes shooting his 3's at a respectable clip doesnt mean hes helping their offense. Boston's roughly ranked 13th in offensive efficiency. Hes not really hurting their offense, but its not really doing them any good when hes shooting either.

BkOriginalOne
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
He had the biggest trade chip, so that could be a reason.

C's need to start over after this season.
Or, they can keep the big 3 as long as they have really nice, promising guys to play with perkins and Rondo, that will be ready after their rookie seasons.

SeoulBeatz
03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
boston is just playing with a complete lack of effort/heart.

a combination of age and just not caring about winning because they already got theirs in 2007 have led to the Celtics playing bad basketball for the past month.

i dont see it getting any better though with how old their roster is. next year may be time to rebuild but hey, they got a championship and thats the ultimate goal.

CowboysKB24
03-14-2010, 06:12 PM

Why do you post then? If you don't care about anyone's responses to your post, why would you even post? The entire point of a sports forum to converse with people and interact about sports...

I agree that Ray is the easiest scapegoat, but the guys who really should get the blame are Pierce, then KG. They got all the "fame" when they won the ship, they should get the blame when it goes down.

CowboysKB24
03-14-2010, 06:14 PM
boston is just playing with a complete lack of effort/heart.

a combination of age and just not caring about winning because they already got theirs in 2007 have led to the Celtics playing bad basketball for the past month.

i dont see it getting any better though with how old their roster is. next year may be time to rebuild but hey, they got a championship and thats the ultimate goal.

I think they will look better during the playoffs, but they are just getting older. I agree in the sense that they don't care as much. I think the big three era is done. They'll do some damage in the playoffs and possibly upset a great team or they'll take one of the top teams to 7 games.

CTown81
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Kevin Garnett should be the scapegoat. He is a joke. He is old, broken down, and his act is played out. He tries to be so intense and ghetto and gangsta. Its just pathetic.

I love how he is talking to the 1st row of Cavs fans in the final 2 min of the game today when his team is down 10 points. He is all talking to himself and say F this and F them and F that.

What a child. Grow up your yesterday's news.