PDA

View Full Version : Should the Utah Jazz look to keep Carlos Boozer?

Jays Claw
03-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Should the Utah Jazz look to keep Carlos Boozer?

They have been very good with him being an absolute beast down low! At the beginning of the year, it wasn't a matter of if but when they traded him. In my opinion, this team is a perfect fit for him. It's either Utah or Chicago. Do you think he'll bolt to another team like expected early on? By the way, I don't want this thread moved into the Jazz forum.

:shrug:

Kakaroach
03-13-2010, 10:13 PM
My fellow Jazz fans are sick of hearing this, but BRING BOOZER BACK. He is crucial to our team.

Millsap is one hell of a player, but he's just not as talented offensively as Boozer.

Bucsfan
03-13-2010, 10:14 PM
boozer is a great player,but he is in a contract year and i wont forget the years past, i dont think the jazz will offer him what he wants, especially since they overpaid for okur and AK, i wouldnt mind him back, but i think if he came back millsap may want to leave, he wants to start

i would feel safer if the jazz let him go and acquired a solid backup PF behind millsap, save us some money to put elsewhere

Kyben36
03-13-2010, 10:21 PM
No, they signed Milsap to a big contract

Plus, the bulls need him to be a FA

slack_justin
03-13-2010, 10:29 PM
why the bulls? so they can be the run n gun bulls? he plays 0 defense. but utah really does need him ,his offense and rebounding are top notch and millsap is overated (so far) but he may prove me wrong as a starter. if i was the bulls i would want bosh or amare anyway. but as a pistons fan i hope u get nothing

Swashcuff
03-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Should the Utah Jazz look to keep Carlos Boozer?

They have been very good with him being an absolute beast down low! At the beginning of the year, it wasn't a matter of if but when they traded him. In my opinion, this team is a perfect fit for him. It's either Utah or Chicago. Do you think he'll bolt to another team like expected early on? By the way, I don't want this thread moved into the Jazz forum.

:shrug:

x2

I know that the Jazz are trying to save and locking Boozer up would be going against all what they attempted to this season. They will most likely have a Top 7 pick in the draft and maybe they can get a big to replace him.

I think it's all based on which direction the franchise think they should be head. If they want to win now their best chance is with big Boozer but they also need to add a SG of high quality. CJ and Wes aren't going to strike fear night in and night out on any of their opponents. It all depends and what Utah sees as priority.... winning or cutting costs.

jimbobjarree
03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
It all depends on what Mr Boozer's agents demand for him contract wise. We have seen his injury problems and the extended length it takes him to recover from them in comparison to other players. He has been a beast this season, but we have to remind ourselves is it just the contract year speaking.

Sloan wants to keep him, and I think Boozer's slowly grown to the possibility of staying in Utah, he's not going to be able to work with a better coach, a better point guard or even a better team next season than where he's right at. He's said he's open to staying, but if thats because he wants to stay or just wants to put the ball in the jazz's court so if he leaves the blame can be on us nobody knows.

We have set ourselves up well for this. We have Millsap, and we dont miss a step when he comes in, and we also have that Knicks lottery pick in a draft full of talented big men, so we dont necessarily need him as much as he needs us, but of course I'd welcome him back and I want him to be a part of our team next season.

I just dont want to watch him walk for nothing

Raph12
03-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Boozer will be a FA this summer and there will be a lot of teams with cap space, the question is, does he want to be paid or does he want to win?

MadeInDade3589
03-13-2010, 11:12 PM
He's coming to Miami

RadiantShot
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
God. Shut up Homers.
"He's coming here."
Don't post if you're going to be an idiot. Damn.

FaM0us Skins
03-13-2010, 11:38 PM
he should sign with Detroit

jimbobjarree
03-13-2010, 11:44 PM
God. Shut up Homers.
"He's coming here."

haha thats all you get from this intelligent PSD crowd, even when deron was unhappy with the brewer trade people were planning deron to the lakers trades and signing deron in 3 years when he expires instead of discussing the topic. NBA forum is pretty lame these days.

Jays Claw
03-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I would like to see him stay in Utah.

IRUAM #21
03-14-2010, 12:57 AM
God. Shut up Homers.
"He's coming here."

If that was the case no one on PSD can post :rolleyes: