PDA

View Full Version : which nba era .....

bears88
03-13-2010, 10:00 PM
I was wondering which NBA era you have enjoyed watching is it the 90's era or 00's era which one have you enjoyed the most and which one are the best and why? I choose the 90's becasue things are simple and its more enjoyable then today's era. Any thoughts ?

KBfrom8to24
03-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Today's era is more entertaining. There are lots of exciting players to watch, the likes of Kobe, LBJ, DWade, Howard, Durant, Anthony, Duncan, Shaq etc... Unlike the 80's it's all about Bird and Magic, MJ then was a blossoming superstar. The 90's well...MJ is the only superstar then that no one can match his play,

TheDetroitBlue
03-13-2010, 10:45 PM
00's era for obvious reasons

bears88
03-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I enjoyed watching the 90's era I dont know why I enjoyed watching reggie miller micheal jordan, charles barkley shaq when he was orlando magic, and last but not least one of my favorite players that i enjoyed watching was Dominique Wilkins and also vince carter( when he was with the Raptors), john stockton etc the 90's had full of all-stars/hall of famers

Hellcrooner
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
80s and is not even close.

Then i guess 00s because of the internationals finally blossoming.

90s were boring as hell for a Laker fan and vomitive since they were all bout that guy.

Raph12
03-13-2010, 11:01 PM
The 90s were a lot of fun (Hakeem, Jordan, Duncan and Shaq), but the 00s were pretty damn good too (Iverson, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron and Dwight [yes I put Dwight in there as well, call me a homer]).

Pierzynski4Prez
03-13-2010, 11:03 PM
90s for anybody in Chicago

asandhu23
03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
60s - 70s. The Era of The Giants and Two Big Leagues

ThuglifeJ
03-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Early 2000s. Late 90s.

Loved it.
-Supersonics, no Lebron, AI, Tmac, Vinsanity, Kobe, Young Shaq, Nash, Kidd, Supersonics....everything was great

asandhu23
03-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Early 2000s. Late 90s.

Loved it.
-Supersonics, no Lebron, AI, Tmac, Vinsanity, Kobe, Young Shaq, Nash, Kidd, Supersonics....everything was great

see the links under my sig. what do you think?

effen5
03-14-2010, 12:06 AM
late 80s all of 90s, they pussified this league way too much and its boring for me at least. The early 00 was exciting as hell but the last few years has been boring for me.

bagwell368
03-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Today's era is more entertaining. There are lots of exciting players to watch, the likes of Kobe, LBJ, DWade, Howard, Durant, Anthony, Duncan, Shaq etc... Unlike the 80's it's all about Bird and Magic, MJ then was a blossoming superstar. The 90's well...MJ is the only superstar then that no one can match his play,

Obviously you never saw the 80's, or if you did, you were not of age. The top teams of the year were much deeper then today's teams, they played as teams. Today you have a superstar and his right hand guy and bunch of filler players. Great. The media made a big deal out of Bird and Magic, and casual fans sucked it up, but there was much more then that.

Do you know they actually passed the ball back then...

JordansBulls
03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
The answer here is quite simple.

A) The era where you team had the most success
or
B) The era where your favorite player played.
or
C) The era you remember the most

Hellcrooner
03-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Obviously you never saw the 80's, or if you did, you were not of age. The top teams of the year were much deeper then today's teams, they played as teams. Today you have a superstar and his right hand guy and bunch of filler players. Great. The media made a big deal out of Bird and Magic, and casual fans sucked it up, but there was much more then that.

Do you know they actually passed the ball back then...

oh and sometimes the best player of the team wasnt the one taking the most shots :speechless:

or the best player of the team didnt have the highest point average :speechless:

or 2 players averaged over 20 and one was close once even the sonics had 20 p averagin dudes.!!!!!

and no one said Larry bird won the title or magic won the title they said Lakers or Celtics won the title.

And the second option on a time was not told of being riding the stars back into a title but instead was considered a fundamental piece to the title not only tht but the rest of the players were considered eaqullay important.

TEAM won rings not players.

bears88
03-14-2010, 12:49 AM
oh and sometimes the best player of the team wasnt the one taking the most shots :speechless:

or the best player of the team didnt have the highest point average :speechless:

or 2 players averaged over 20 and one was close once even the sonics had 20 p averagin dudes.!!!!!

and no one said Larry bird won the title or magic won the title they said Lakers or Celtics won the title.

And the second option on a time was not told of being riding the stars back into a title but instead was considered a fundamental piece to the title not only tht but the rest of the players were considered eaqullay important.

TEAM won rings not players.

is that your BMW thats a great car lucky you lol i had the same one but i crashed it

_KB24_
03-14-2010, 01:07 AM
00's have to be it for me. We dominated the decade in the beginning, and came right back at the end. I watched 3 of my Top 5 favorite players of all time, and was spoiled by their accomplishments. Easy one for me.

jmtapia
03-14-2010, 01:41 AM
its impossible to compare nba eras

Hellcrooner
03-14-2010, 01:44 AM
is that your BMW thats a great car lucky you lol i had the same one but i crashed it

well i have the same model in the same colour but im lazy to make apic and scan.