Baller1
03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
The Utah-OKC game should be on NBAtv.

Jays Claw
03-13-2010, 09:24 PM
The Raptors are going to be nationally televised again? :jumpy:

Bucsfan
03-13-2010, 09:38 PM
this is a big game for the jazz, we need to beat okc, which we have yet to do this season, the jazz are playing well on the road so i think they win it, but there are so many variables its hard to predict, either way go jazz! blow them out!

jimbobjarree
03-13-2010, 09:46 PM
The Utah-OKC game should be on NBAtv.

agreed, gunna be pretty good judging by the game on new years eve.

I still protest Ronnie P was fouled on that attempted game winner :sigh:

_KB24_
03-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Wow, hates to say it, but GO BOSTON! :o

Jays Claw
03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
I still protest Ronnie Price was fouled on that attempted game winner. :sigh:

I feel very sorry for you. :violin:

jimbobjarree
03-13-2010, 10:08 PM
haha sarcasm or not I got over it pretty quickly. Cus I'm 5 hours ahead of you guys I'd already rung in the new year hard by the time so all was well.

time for some revenge though, we need to tie up the season series with the pesky thunder

Bucsfan
03-13-2010, 10:17 PM
agreed, gunna be pretty good judging by the game on new years eve.

I still protest Ronnie P was fouled on that attempted game winner :sigh:

i forgot about that, but anybody, including people that are not jazz fans would agree it was a foul but whatever, its revenge time

Lord Leoshes
03-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Indiana > Milwaukee 1:00 PM not really but thats what im hoping for.
Boston < Cleveland 3:30 PM ABC
Philadelphia < Miami 6:00 PM
Charlotte < Orlando 6:00 PM
Utah < Oklahoma City 7:00 PM
New Orleans < Phoenix 9:00 PM
Toronto < Portland 9:00 PM NBA TV
Minnesota (who cares?:facepalm:) Sacramento 9:00 PM

Ryan328
03-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Indiana @ Milwaukee 1:00 PM
Boston @ Cleveland 3:30 PM ABC
Philadelphia @ Miami 6:00 PM
Charlotte @ Orlando 6:00 PM
Utah @ Oklahoma City 7:00 PM
New Orleans @ Phoenix 9:00 PM
Toronto @ Portland 9:00 PM NBA TV
Minnesota @ Sacramento 9:00 PM

Raph12
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Indiana @ Milwaukee
Boston @ Cleveland
Philadelphia @ Miami
Charlotte @ Orlando
Utah @ Oklahoma City
New Orleans @ Phoenix
Toronto @ Portland
Minnesota @ Sacramento

thedfactor
03-14-2010, 12:53 AM

FaM0us Skins
03-14-2010, 01:08 AM

_KB24_
03-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Boston is playing in a must win tomorrow. They need some kind of spark plug to get some momentum, hopefully they come out strong.

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Toronto won't win. That is all.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 01:26 PM
lol

thedfactor
03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Hmmm I do want to watch the Cavs beat Boston, but I'm going with Evan Turner, player of the year, doin his thing and winnin the Big Ten title instead.

ThuglifeJ
03-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Cavs + Refs are a franchise not to reckon with

TheKing23
03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Cavs + Refs are a franchise not to reckon with

You don't even understand basketball, do you?

Brew Crew
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM

He understands what goes on behind the scenes of basketball.

iggypop123
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM

his argument is 8 on 5 . make more sense?

DerekRE_3
03-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Cats hanging tough on the road against the Magic with no Crash. Up 4 going into the 4th.

bigsams50
03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Huge win by the Cats against Orlando.

DerekRE_3
03-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Bobcats baby. 6 straight wins.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Bobcats baby. 6 straight wins.

That team can be extemely scary if they learn to win consistently on the road.

Big win, congrats to the Bobcats.

Raph12
03-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Good win for you guys, we played tired and lazily and you guys battled hard and came out with the W.

But can you atleast admit that the fouls against Dwight in the 4th were terrible calls, especially the tech (which should've really been a delay-of-game).

DerekRE_3
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Good win for you guys, we played tired and lazily and you guys battled hard and came out with the W.

But can you atleast admit that the fouls against Dwight in the 4th were terrible calls, especially the tech (which should've really been a delay-of-game).

Sure but apparently Dwight isn't allowed to ever get blocked or stripped, at least when he plays the Bobcats.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
the refs have made the Jazz game so frustrating to watch, that and the Thunders inability to miss a jump shot along with the fact we only have 8 players tonight :sad2:

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Wow. If OKC (who now is leading Utah 90-79 after 3Q) wins today, they'll be just a half game in back of the Jazz and very much in reach of finishing second in the NW division, and 4th seed in the WC.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
^and jazz have no ak or okur for the forseable future, they could well be in a homecourt position come this time next week

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Watch out everyone. Westbrook's getting a nice little jumpshot, and that could be bad news for the rest of the league.

This is a great PG battle though, the two most physically strong PG's in the league going at it and both have double-double's already.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
^D Will has been kamikaze with that body today. I think he's deserved a few more calls than what he's got.

could do with you guys actually missing some shots though, also could do with AKs length on Durant, he just seems to shoot over all our guys

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
^and jazz have no ak or okur for the forseable future, they could well be in a homecourt position come this time next week

Wow, I'm out of the loop, I did not know that. Harder to weather those types of losses at this March/April point of the season when teams are really going for it. Nuggets have been surviving w/out K-Mart and Lawson... so far. But much bigger tests are coming up soon.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
well thank god we return home after this. We went .500 on this 4 game road trip, now we're back at home for the coming week against Washington and Minnesota, so thats probably the kindest schedule to get when your shorthanded. I hope theyre both back for Friday's game in Phoenix though.

damn, we only played 8 guys tonight lol

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
That was a great game though. Props to the Jazz for sticking in there with just 8 guys logging minutes.

Westbrook and D-Will really went at it. It was fun to watch.

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
damn, we only played 8 guys tonight lol

The usual number for the Nuggets when healthy. Karl loves his 8-man rotations.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
The usual number for the Nuggets when healthy. Karl loves his 8-man rotations.

Who's the third off the bench when everyone's healthy?

Birdman
J.R.

Is it Lawson?

Bucsfan
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
im sure it was a great game for thunder fans, but nobody..... i mean nobody can deny the refs decided this game, what garbage, the refs need to be reviewed after the jazz okc game, i havent seen many games worse than that, im sure thunders fans will have some kind of stupid arguemetn since their team won, what absoloute garbage, almost worst than a game with lebron

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
im sure it was a great game for thunder fans, but nobody..... i mean nobody can deny the refs decided this game, what garbage, the refs need to be reviewed after the jazz okc game, i havent seen many games worse than that, im sure thunders fans will have some kind of stupid arguemetn since their team won, what absoloute garbage, almost worst than a game with lebron

The entire game was physical on both sides? Boozer threw the game away when he was *****ing after a no-call (there was no foul at all) because he missed a lay-up and wanted an excuse as to why he missed it. Got T'd up, and then the game was over from there.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
That was a great game though. Props to the Jazz for sticking in there with just 8 guys logging minutes.

Westbrook and D-Will really went at it. It was fun to watch.

haha dont know about great, was frustrating from where I was sitting lol.

I dont get why Rose gets so much more love on here than Westbrook, the dudes a beast. Deron had one of these epic battles with Rose the other night where they both went off on one, but I'd say this one was a lot more hard fought for Deron physically. The dude's gunna be black and blue in the morning.

and yeah Den I wouldnt mind an 8 man rotation with AK and Okur in it, but we had the d league call up Gaines get a good 20 minutes, Fesenko who rarely plays got big minutes and we had to play a much shorter line up alot of the time without ak's length (which would have been interesting in guarding KD's jumpshot) and Memo.

One more match up with OKC, one more chance at revenge!

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Who's the third off the bench when everyone's healthy?

Birdman
J.R.

Is it Lawson?

Yep, that's right, it's Lawson.

Right now, w/ Lawson and Kenyon both out w/ injuries, they've been starting Johan Petro at C, sliding Nene over to PF, and Anthony Carter has been backing up Billups. Both Carter and Petro have been playing commendably well, actually.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
haha dont know about great, was frustrating from where I was sitting lol.

I dont get why Rose gets so much more love on here than Westbrook, the dudes a beast. Deron had one of these epic battles with Rose the other night where they both went off on one, but I'd say this one was a lot more hard fought for Deron physically. The dude's gunna be black and blue in the morning.

and yeah Den I wouldnt mind an 8 man rotation with AK and Okur in it, but we had the d league call up Gaines get a good 20 minutes, Fesenko who rarely plays got big minutes and we had to play a much shorter line up alot of the time without ak's length (which would have been interesting in guarding KD's jumpshot) and Memo.

One more match up with OKC, one more chance at revenge!

Well the physicality came simply from the ridiculous strength of Westbrook and Williams. I think they've got to be the two strongest PG's in the league, with Baron Davis as well.

And for the record, I think D-Will is the best PG in the league (yes, better than Paul).

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Yep, that's right, it's Lawson.

Right now, w/ Lawson and Kenyon both out w/ injuries, they've been starting Johan Petro at C, sliding Nene over to PF, and Anthony Carter has been backing up Billups. Both Carter and Petro have been playing commendably well, actually.

Yeah, I saw that first-hand unfortunately last week when you guys completely destroyed us.

I'm totally blanking right now, but who is the Nuggets' starting SG?

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
The entire game was physical on both sides? Boozer threw the game away when he was *****ing after a no-call (there was no foul at all) because he missed a lay-up and wanted an excuse as to why he missed it. Got T'd up, and then the game was over from there.

I agree on that instance, but first half some of the calls you were getting were laughable, especialy on Durant. There was one where Fez had his feet set, hands in the air and green ran into him and got a foul, now my gran could even call that one.

I can understand my Jazz guys frustrations

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree on that instance, but first half some of the calls you were getting were laughable, especialy on Durant. There was one where Fez had his feet set, hands in the air and green ran into him and got a foul, now my gran could even call that one.

I can understand my Jazz guys frustrations

Oh, well that changes it I guess because I missed the first half. But, the second half was fair in my opinion. Both good calls and bad calls on both sides.

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I dont get why Rose gets so much more love on here than Westbrook

Forum Threads Posts

Chicago Bulls 4,493 344,253
Oklahoma City Thunder 316 12,484

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh, well that changes it I guess because I missed the first half. But, the second half was fair in my opinion. Both good calls and bad calls on both sides.

Oh I agree, at half time I was pretty pissed at how it was going, the refs IMO were pretty terrible, but second half I think the refs sorted themselves out. The Jazz changed their aproach and just kept crashing it inside, but again they just cant seem to hit their free throws, which is vital on the road. If we would have hit 80% of our free throws we probably would have won or been in it come the final few seconds, but that stuff killed us all year.

Bucsfan
03-14-2010, 09:45 PM

like im goin to trust what a thunder fan said, if you dont agree what happened with the refs was once sided than ur just a big of homer as some lakers and cavs fans, that reffing was garbage, jazz hung in there, but the game was decided by refs. i give the thunder no credit in the last 2 games

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I saw that first-hand unfortunately last week when you guys completely destroyed us.

I'm totally blanking right now, but who is the Nuggets' starting SG?

Arron Afflalo. Great pickup by the FO last offseason. He's now 7th in the league in 3-point percentage, is a very formidable defender, and a consumate professional/class act/great work ethic/etc. guy. One of the most under-recognized moves of last offseason, imo. I'd say, for example, he's had a bigger impact for Denver than Artest has for the Lakers.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
like im goin to trust what a thunder fan said, if you dont agree what happened with the refs was once sided than ur just a big of homer as some lakers and cavs fans, that reffing was garbage, jazz hung in there, but the game was decided by refs. i give the thunder no credit in the last 2 games

:laugh2:

Fair enough.

There's a reason we're 3-0 against you this year.

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
i give the thunder no credit in the last 2 games

Then you're being unreasonable. I don't care how bad the officiating was. The refs can't make the Thunder shoot 60.3% from the field.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Arron Afflalo. Great pickup by the FO last offseason. He's now 7th in the league in 3-point percentage, is a very formidable defender, and a consumate professional/class act/great work ethic/etc. guy. One of the most under-recognized moves of last offseason, imo. I'd say, for example, he's had a bigger impact for Denver than Artest has for the Lakers.

Wow, I can't believe that slipped my mind.

I agree completely, I love Afflalo's game. Perfect role player. UCLA has given the NBA Westbrook, Love, Afflalo, and Collison all in the past couple years.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Then you're being unreasonable. I don't care how bad the officiating was. The refs can't make the Thunder shoot 60.3% from the field.

I think he has a right to be frustrated, the refs really were that bad, probably the worst I've seen all season in the first half, but IMO they sorted themselves out in the second half and allowed the game to be more physical.

But yes, we just didnt play good enough perimeter defense to win the game, the Thunder were retardedly hot outside of the paint. Its happened to us too many times this year where teams just cant miss from the outside. Its like we shutdown the paint and just let them shoot jumpers its so frustrating. We also again, struggled from the free throw line which you simply cant do if you want to win road games against hot teams.

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Wow, I can't believe that slipped my mind.

I agree completely, I love Afflalo's game. Perfect role player. UCLA has given the NBA Westbrook, Love, Afflalo, and Collison all in the past couple years.

I really think team needs are overlooked when people assess player movement.

Big names command the spotlight and get all the hype, but the more effective moves are often the ones that go under the radar but do a better job of actually meeting the specific requirements of a team's needs.

Salmons to the Bucks is proving to be another example of this kind of thing, I think.

Baller1
03-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I really think team needs are overlooked when people assess player movement.

Big names command the spotlight and get all the hype, but the more effective moves are often the ones that go under the radar but do a better job of actually meeting the specific requirements of a team's needs.

Salmons to the Bucks is proving to be another example of this kind of thing, I think.

I can agree with that completely.

Sefalosha and Eric Maynor are proving that as well. Sefalosha has been extremely vaulable, and a huge reason as to why the Thunder are a top 5 defensive team in the league this year after being so terrible last season.

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 10:16 PM
agreed. Like the Kyle Korver trade way back when, absolutely transformed us that season and we went on a tear.

I think if we would have traded for Camby that would have been huge. Seeing him go to a rival for spare change was frustrating.

iggypop123
03-14-2010, 10:54 PM
agreed. Like the Kyle Korver trade way back when, absolutely transformed us that season and we went on a tear.

I think if we would have traded for Camby that would have been huge. Seeing him go to a rival for spare change was frustrating.

jazz already have an expensive team. who could have they traded? heck they dumped a player for their tax situation

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 11:06 PM
we could have traded Korvers 5mil expiring and Ronnie Brewer and maybe a future pick for him. Instead we dumped Brewer for a future first.

theimortalone
03-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Man, I can't believe Evans is gonna have another triple double! He is a hell of a player!

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 11:22 PM
agreed

DenButsu
03-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Kenny Smith had some hilariously lame reasoning the other day, something like" Evans is the better player, but Jennings does more for his team, so he should be ROY".

"More for his team"? ORLY?

iggypop123
03-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Kenny Smith had some hilariously lame reasoning the other day, something like" Evans is the better player, but Jennings does more for his team, so he should be ROY".

nba all star team talk. he runs the team, he does it well, his shooting % just flat out sucks. evans just has a crap team and just gets stats. he suggests there is more to be appreciated from a guy helping a team to the playoffs instead of a guy putting up great numbers for a lottery team

JNA17
03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Man, I can't believe Evans is gonna have another triple double! He is a hell of a player!

he's been amazing so far

jimbobjarree
03-14-2010, 11:38 PM

no, it wasnt that. It was every play Jennings is involved with matters as they are in a heated battle for playoff position. Whereas Tyreke and Curry's team's seasons are already over and they're just waiting for the season to end as lottery teams.

You can see where he's coming from, but tyreke is just better than jennings regardless and shouldnt have his chances hurt just because the team around him isnt that great.

JordansBulls
03-14-2010, 11:59 PM
It would be sweet to see OKlahoma City get the #4 seed. I think Durant could end up with MVP if that happened.

Baller1
03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
It would be sweet to see OKlahoma City get the #4 seed. I think Durant could end up with MVP if that happened.

I think the Thunder would have to grab a #3 seed at the least for Durant to get it. Lebron is just too good.

Bashna
03-15-2010, 01:54 AM
I think the Thunder would have to grab a #3 seed at the least for Durant to get it. Lebron is just too good.

I'd go as far to say #2 seed. Considering how the Cleveland Lebron's are dominating, it'd take a lot to sway the conversation away from the #1 team in the NBA to a non #1 seeded west team, albeit with an amazing year by durant.

Baller1
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
I'd go as far to say #2 seed. Considering how the Cleveland Lebron's are dominating, it'd take a lot to sway the conversation away from the #1 team in the NBA to a non #1 seeded west team, albeit with an amazing year by durant.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. That's why I said #3 at the least.

Lebron's season is just too incredible.

Raph12
03-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Sure but apparently Dwight isn't allowed to ever get blocked or stripped, at least when he plays the Bobcats.

With all the FTs he missed, I would be happy if he just got stripped instead. I'm pretty sure the tech will rescinded, but the offensive fouls late in the fourth were so just annoying. Anyways it was still a good game, you guys just wanted it more and you went out and got it.

Good win and good luck for the rest of the season. :cheers:

JayW_1023
03-15-2010, 05:45 AM
The addition of Camby has revitalized Portland in the playoff race...but the improvement on offense by Nicholas Batum is just as much reason why Portland has held ground.

JayW_1023
03-15-2010, 05:49 AM
The Bobcats are the NBA's giant slayers it seems.

DenButsu
03-15-2010, 06:42 AM
no, it wasnt that. It was every play Jennings is involved with matters as they are in a heated battle for playoff position. Whereas Tyreke and Curry's team's seasons are already over and they're just waiting for the season to end as lottery teams.

You can see where he's coming from, but tyreke is just better than jennings regardless and shouldnt have his chances hurt just because the team around him isnt that great.

Hmmm. I have the Nuggets game downloaded with that TNT halftime show. Might have to youtube it to prove you wrong. :smoking: