PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Were Willing To Trade Tim Duncan For Greg Oden

TheKing23
03-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/frank_hughes/03/12/oden/index.html)

One source close to the team said general manager Kevin Pritchard was swayed toward Oden not only because of the Blazers' needs but also because nearly every GM inquired about making a deal for the right to choose Oden, including San Antonio, which was said to be open to offering Tim Duncan. If rivals were considering trading cornerstone players for Oden, it's hard to blame Pritchard for making that choice.

WOW

I bet the Spurs are EXTREMELY glad this trade didn't go down.

BaustinSali08
03-12-2010, 09:20 PM
That would have been so dumb. Weren't the Spurs coming off an NBA title win against King James? Wow!

RadiantShot
03-12-2010, 09:21 PM
:facepalm:

I did it first.

ManRam
03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow. That's a bombshell for sure.

It kind of makes sense though. Oden was playing amazingly well when healthy, and TD is 34. This might be SA's last chance with the core they have...so making a move isn't terribly shocking, even if it meant trading TD...

Iodine
03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Pitymid

:pity:
:pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:

Joshtd1
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
:pity: Im an Oden fan, but that would have made me cry if Spurs did that.

ManRam
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
:pity:
:pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:
:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:

I win.

JNA17
03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

facpalmtality

masalex1205
03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Wow, talk about loyalty, I think Duncan took less money too

HoopsDrive
03-12-2010, 09:35 PM
:speechless:
:speechless::speechless:
:speechless::speechless::speechless:
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless:
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless::speechless:

Speechtree.
LOL FAIL

masalex1205
so if your Portland, do you give Oden that extension this offseason?

Raidaz4Life
That is awful.... the spurs FO should be embarrassed

jimbobjarree
03-12-2010, 09:36 PM
haha so they turned down Durant and Duncan...muppets :laugh2:

jmtapia
03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Brandon Roy and Tim Duncan =:drool: and the spurs would have been :facepalm:

R_O_W_E
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
You cant fault the Spurs, everybody thought Oden would become some incredible big man immediately.

Mark Cuban offered Dirk to the Lakers for Kobe. That stuff sometimes happens in basketball when teams want to get a gauge of value.

topdog
03-12-2010, 09:50 PM
That's just smart honestly. Oden's what 21-ish? He's a freak of a man and Duncan is on his way out. It looks like the Spurs are gonna have to rebuild pretty soon here, so why not take a big gamble?

R_O_W_E
03-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Brandon Roy and Tim Duncan =:drool: and the spurs would have been :facepalm:

Not if the Spurs would've took Durant.

Durant + Parker + Manu

They'd still be in the same position right now but have a Franchise player for the next decade and more.

R_O_W_E
03-12-2010, 09:51 PM
That's just smart honestly. Oden's what 21-ish? He's a freak of a man and Duncan is on his way out. It looks like the Spurs are gonna have to rebuild pretty soon here, so why not take a big gamble?

This was before the Draft.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-12-2010, 09:52 PM
:laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

topdog
03-12-2010, 09:54 PM
This was before the Draft.

Yeah, I know haven't got much sleep here, but I still would gamble on second season-ending surgery Oden for slowly decaying Duncan.

Lakersfanla24
03-12-2010, 10:09 PM
There are certain players in this league no matter how bad they are falling apart you Just dont trade, Timmy is one of them. He is a two-time MVP four-time champion, and three-time Finals MVP, not to mention one of if not the greatest pf of all time, he will retire a spur. Cant say i blame the blazers TD mentoring aldridge would be sick but for the spurs this would have been an epic fail. Wasnt really too high on oden to begin with although he has shown flashes of greatness when hes not wearing a suit.

deuces
03-12-2010, 10:13 PM
why would you do that to someone who meant so much to your franchise?

ManRam
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Tim Duncan will be 34 shortly. Greg Oden is 21.

Look. I love Tim as much as any non-Spurs fan can...but he's getting old. He's having a great year, but if you can trade him for a 21 year-old who is potentially going to be a superstar, you have to consider it. The Spurs window of opportunity is closing very fast. Sure, Greg is incredibly injury prone...but he is only 21. He is 12 years younger than TD.

It isn't as ridiculous as you guys think. TD is the face of the Spurs, but for how much longer. The NBA is a business. Trading TD for a guy 2/3s of his age isn't as preposterous as it looks. Shaq is the oldest NBA player, and he is only 4 years older than TD. That shows you how old 34 really is.

lavell12
03-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Who is dumber here the Spurs or the Blazers? The Spurs for even thinking about that and the Blazers for not doing it.

RadiantShot
03-12-2010, 10:31 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ItsTheLastAce
03-12-2010, 10:38 PM
wow just wow

JordansBulls
03-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I can't imagine this. Hell I wouldn't even trade Duncan for Dwight. Not because Dwight isn't younger, but I would rather be faithful to the guy who has brought my franchise several titles and our only titles in team history.

Giraffes Rule
03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
These stories accrediting their "source" as someone close to the team are hardly ever credible.

Derick713
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
If the Spurs made this deal during the 2007 draft I think most everyone would've agreed with it at the time. It's easy to look at what could've happen and be critical. In truth most people would've made that deal. Oden was hyped to be the next great big man and the Spurs would've been foolish to pass on a deal which could've landed them a younger Tim Ducan. Oden's value is gone and I doubt he's worth much.

What the Blazers could've been. AT THE VERY LEAST A CORE OF ROY, DURANT, AND ALDRIDGE WOULD'VE BEEN THE BEST CORE IN THE NBA! The Blazers not only made a draft mistake, but they also gave a divison rival a franchise talent.

Rodrigue Beaubois/
Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez
Kevin Durant/Nicolas Batum/
LaMarcus Aldridge/Dejaun Blair/
Marc Gasol/Robin Lopez/

Derick713
03-12-2010, 11:03 PM
The Greg Oden Draft Blunder wouldn't have been that big of a deal if Kevin Durant didn't end up with a divison rival who is further up in the standings in regards to the playoff race.

JasonJohnHorn
03-12-2010, 11:11 PM
for some reason, I gotta believe that the "source" has NO CLUE what they are talking about! There is no way Greg Popovich would have traded Duncan. Duncan is the reason he even has his job (Duncan showed extreme loyalty to Pop, as has Robinson, when the Spurs were underachieving). Duncan will retire with the Spurs, like Robinson did. There is no doubt about that in my mind.

topdog
03-12-2010, 11:12 PM
The Greg Oden Draft Blunder wouldn't have been that big of a deal if Kevin Durant didn't end up with a divison rival who is further up in the standings in regards to the playoff race.

To be fair it was a gimme pick since they weren't one of the absolute worstest-est teams in the league, plus they already have Roy as their go-to guy.

How can you turn down a young big with skill (a dying breed) for an old aging star that isn't going to bring you any more championships? The Jefferson project is a failure, it's over Spurs fans.:D
(and yeah there is something to be said of loyalty, but as a purely business move it's a knock on the head)

Kakaroach
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Talk about loyalty. I expected much more out of the Spurs, one of the most respectful franchises in all of sports.

IversonIsKrazy
03-12-2010, 11:46 PM
for some reason, I gotta believe that the "source" has NO CLUE what they are talking about! There is no way Greg Popovich would have traded Duncan. Duncan is the reason he even has his job (Duncan showed extreme loyalty to Pop, as has Robinson, when the Spurs were underachieving). Duncan will retire with the Spurs, like Robinson did. There is no doubt about that in my mind.

Agreed. "a source" is not reliable enough for me, considering how big this is. If Spurs were actually giving up Duncan, this would be widely reported. This was fresh off a championship after sweeping the Cavs may i remind u, loyalty is the success of Spurs, and they have been and will be loyal to Duncan for as long as he is there.

Hey Man
03-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Fake

IRUAM #21
03-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Sixerlover
03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Showing that there is absolutely NO loyalty in sports. Anybody can be had for the right deal.

DodgerBulls
03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
That would have been so dumb. Weren't the Spurs coming off an NBA title win against King James? Wow!

Well it kinda makes sense with their point of view. Timmy is getting old and I believe he's entering his 5th year of his contract which will last until this season. So giving up Duncan for Oden at that time might have been a good move since Oden is young, then they can resign Timmy after this season. So, Oden, Timmy, Manu, Parker, and a filler, is a solid line up if they do sign him back. This lineup can produce few more championships. As for Oden getting injured, I think it just depends on the Blazers trainer.

Jason5Kidd5
03-13-2010, 12:22 AM
You cant fault the Spurs, everybody thought Oden would become some incredible big man immediately.

Mark Cuban offered Dirk to the Lakers for Kobe. That stuff sometimes happens in basketball when teams want to get a gauge of value.

Cuban blatantly said he would not do a Dirk-for-Kobe trade. Care to provide a link for that b-----t?

DodgerBulls
03-13-2010, 12:29 AM
^ WOW! what a bet. if the bulls make the lottery and win the #1 pick.. I'll delete my account too! hehehe

sugarrayray
03-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I find that hard to believe, but keep in mind that it probably wasn't an offer of Duncan for Oden straight up. I'm sure San Antonio would have received a package of players. Maybe they would have gotten Oden, Aldridge and Webster for Duncan or something.

knickerbockerny
03-13-2010, 12:45 AM
This is the exact reason why Lebron James should bolt from the Cavs for the bright lights of NYC. There is no loyalty in sports. For all that Duncan has done for that organization for them to even consider that trade is disrespecting Tim Duncan. The Cavs already sold out big Z.

Raph12
03-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Wow, poor Timmy, too bad he's locked up throughout the 2011-12 season, he'll probably just retire after his contract expires.

Spurred1
03-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Doubt this story has much validity.

king4day
03-13-2010, 12:48 AM
This trade would have also likely given the Blazers a ring. If they had TD with the cast they have now, it wouldn't even be fair.

DodgerBulls
03-13-2010, 12:51 AM
This is the exact reason why Lebron James should bolt from the Cavs for the bright lights of NYC. There is no loyalty in sports. For all that Duncan has done for that organization for them to even consider that trade is disrespecting Tim Duncan. The Cavs already sold out big Z.

Haha. I'm pretty sure and most of people out there that Z knows it and had a mutual understanding with the management that they had to do it in order to compete comes playoff comes. Don't worry, Z will be back in no time.

hugepatsfan
03-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make...

td0tsfinest
03-13-2010, 12:54 AM
So is Duncan on the market now ?

Russollini
03-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Or maybe they said that so the Blazers would pick him and they would never be relevant lol

Fireworld
03-13-2010, 02:39 AM
The best trades are the ones you DON'T make.

ryder78c
03-13-2010, 03:03 AM
Glad the blazers dont do this G.O. has atleast 13-15 Years Left and when healthy puts up good numbers and has room to improve bein only 22 and hopefully the blazers training staff know what knee braces and ankle braces are! T.D. has about 3-5 years left or less so im glad my team didnt trade for Timmy

I like how people talk about Oden Bein A flop then talk about how they want him! it makes the oden pick over durant a little less Sad!

valade16
03-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Cuban blatantly said he would not do a Dirk-for-Kobe trade. Care to provide a link for that b-----t?

Then Cuban is an idiot...

Jason5Kidd5
03-13-2010, 03:38 AM

I have to say he is probably the smartest and most passionate owner in this league today.

Not to mention, Cuban isn't even in question. Supposedly Cuban wanted to trade Dirk for Kobe which is complete garbage.

ldc62
03-13-2010, 04:30 AM

WTF does this have to do with anything? Kobe is actually better than Dirk... On the other hand you got an unproven player [at the time] traded for [one of the greatest, if not the greatest] PF of all time.

ldc62
03-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Glad the blazers dont do this G.O. has atleast 13-15 Years Left and when healthy puts up good numbers and has room to improve bein only 22 and hopefully the blazers training staff know what knee braces and ankle braces are! T.D. has about 3-5 years left or less so im glad my team didnt trade for Timmy

I like how people talk about Oden Bein A flop then talk about how they want him! it makes the oden pick over durant a little less Sad!

Keep telling yourself that.

bluefire7002
03-13-2010, 04:51 AM

how would that make Cuban an idiot?? That would actually make Buss an idiot for trading Kobe

J-Relo
03-13-2010, 04:55 AM
ODEN wihout all those injuries, full healthy? might be worth it...

KeithLBC
03-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I have to say he is probably the smartest and most passionate owner in this league today.

Not to mention, Cuban isn't even in question. Supposedly Cuban wanted to trade Dirk for Kobe which is complete garbage.

There aren't too many things I agree with you on, but you're absolutely correct, Cuban wanted Kobe but wasn't willing to include Dirk in the trade. Dirk was coming off a MVP year so Dirk's value was pretty high.

kblo247
03-13-2010, 07:56 AM
There aren't too many things I agree with you on, but you're absolutely correct, Cuban wanted Kobe but wasn't willing to include Dirk in the trade. Dirk was coming off a MVP year so Dirk's value was pretty high.

iirc Kobe his damn self didn't want Dirk in the trade either and they offered Terry, Howard, cash, and picks.

arkanian215
03-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/frank_hughes/03/12/oden/index.html)

WOW

I bet the Spurs are EXTREMELY glad this trade didn't go down.

kinda makes sense for both teams but you want to build a dynasty with young guys with a couple of vet guys mixed in (the portland, okc and memphis model). who knows what would've happened if oden with to the spurs. he wouldn't necessarily have gotten injured. the guy is a beast when he's healthy and he probably would be a lot better if he had two years of playing time under his belt (had he stayed healthy).

arkanian215
03-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I know haven't got much sleep here, but I still would gamble on second season-ending surgery Oden for slowly decaying Duncan.

There was no reason to not pick oden first. He had no history of leg problems. The only thing that came up before the draft about his legs was that one leg was longer than the other. So you wouldn't trade a perfect center prototype who already had the soft hands, did amazingly well in college basketball with only his left hand, had great character and had no injury history for an aging tim duncan?:eyebrow:

arkanian215
03-13-2010, 10:07 AM

i'd take him still even with brook lopez on the team. not sure what i'd give up to get him though. he just had bad luck. these other folks are saying he would've gotten injured no matter where he went and who knows maybe he would have. they're making it out to be like if they played last nights lotto numbers yesterday, they would've won the lotto but that ain't the case here.

DenButsu
03-13-2010, 10:26 AM
As stupid as it might look in the 20/20-ness of hindsight, I think this is being blown up into something way more controversial than it should be.

It's sad to say, if you're a Spurs fan, but Duncan is on the tipping point. He could still play a part on a championship team, to be sure. But he's not going to carry that team on his own shoulders like he did in years past.

And the Spurs are a team that has been built on cycling through (at least 2) generations of career big men. Given the career that many were projecting Oden to have before he was drafted, it's pretty easy to see the logic, from the Spurs FO POV, that Oden might be to Duncan what Duncan was to the admiral (albeit without any overlap if they were traded).

Sure, they're probably breathing a sigh of relief about it now. But it's easy for us to sit back and ridicule them for considering it when many of us mock GM types would definitely have done the same thing before we knew the injury trouble Oden was about to get into.

CowboysKB24
03-13-2010, 11:25 AM
TD probably wouldn't have been that pissed. Sure he would have felt some pain, but he would have went to a contender in Portland. I don't think it would have been that bad.

R_O_W_E
03-13-2010, 12:21 PM
TD probably wouldn't have been that pissed. Sure he would have felt some pain, but he would have went to a contender in Portland. I don't think it would have been that bad.

Exactly.

It would've been worse for San Antonio if Oden had suffered the same injuries hes suffered recently in Portland. Oden right now isn't worth trading a Franchise player for but before the Draft he definetly was, hes still a huge gamble based upon his recent injuries.

I'd say Oden has as much value as Andrew Bynum did about 3 years ago. Portland would be wise to shop Oden this offseason to see what exactly his value is around the league, if a team like Indiana or Minnesota would be willing to part with a star player for him.

JayW_1023
03-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Duncan is still a keeper. Sure he can't carry the Spurs with great result anymore...but he is still good enough to be a championship piece. But for that to happen, the Spurs need a major overhaul. Which could means parting ways with *sniff* Manu Ginobili. Although I will seethe seeing my favorite NBA player not balling in silver and black.

Chronz
03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Ironically this trade probably wouldve been of most benefit to Duncans career. Imagine Roy as his playmaker and closer extraordinaire Batum as a suped up version of Bowen, and LA as his outlet bigman.

JayW_1023
03-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Ironically this trade probably wouldve been of most benefit to Duncans career. Imagine Roy as his playmaker and closer extraordinaire Batum as a suped up version of Bowen, and LA as his outlet bigman.

Man that would've been a scary team. But last season the Spurs limped into the playoffs. So it is hard to really see how good a healthy Spurs team would be. So far this season, it looks like The Spurs are done. However, Parker isn't the threat in the open court as in past years, mainly because of injuries. That eliminates a major linchpin in our offense. And Duncans minutes are limited. Manu is still rounding into shape. If we make the postseason in one piece I still wouldn't sleep on the Spurs.

MJ-BULLS
03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
that would've been a real stupid move.

But hey. coming into the draft there was so much hype about Greg Oden that's why Portland took him number one over KD

R_O_W_E
03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Man that would've been a scary team. But last season the Spurs limped into the playoffs. So it is hard to really see how good a healthy Spurs team would be. So far this season, it looks like The Spurs are done. However, Parker isn't the threat in the open court as in past years, mainly because of injuries. That eliminates a major linchpin in our offense. And Duncans minutes are limited. Manu is still rounding into shape. If we make the postseason in one piece I still wouldn't sleep on the Spurs.

I'd still sleep on them. At this point you have 3 aging/injured great supporting players without a star player, the Spurs badly need to acquire or draft a guy that emerges as the star player they need to compete once again for a Title.

Chronz
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Trust me I dont sleep on the Spurs, but TP going down for so long, how can that help? Would it help recuperate his other injuries? If he can find his rhythm quickly then the Spurs are (as they always are due to their regular season strategies) much better than their regular season win tallies indicate.

The Spurs have a history of resting their main players and it costs them victories, but if you look at their efficiency differentials with their key players on the floor, they rank higher than almost everyone ahead of them. What the playoffs do is allow them to play their best lineups longer. While other teams dont have that opportunity because they are already going full bore in the regular season.

Its why the HCA theory that JB likes to trot is so flawed, so long as the Spurs are healthy I have them ahead of everyone outside the Nuggs and Lakers(Need to see more from Dallas before I put them on that level), but when they get there anything can happen. I have a feeling Duncan has one last playoff dominance left in him, but honestly I would really limit his minutes from here on out cuz he burned out down the stretch last year, not sure if they have that luxury because they have to avoid the Lakers in R1.

Chronz
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd still sleep on them. At this point you have 3 aging/injured great supporting players without a star player, the Spurs badly need to acquire or draft a guy that emerges as the star player they need to compete once again for a Title.
Age is nothing but a #, what matters is the #'s that come in that age.

wadecounty305
03-13-2010, 01:42 PM
it would have been a smart move by the spurs, duncan is great but he too old already

JayW_1023
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Trust me I dont sleep on the Spurs, but TP going down for so long, how can that help? Would it help recuperate his other injuries? If he can find his rhythm quickly then the Spurs are (as they always are due to their regular season strategies) much better than their regular season win tallies indicate.

The Spurs have a history of resting their main players and it costs them victories, but if you look at their efficiency differentials with their key players on the floor, they rank higher than almost everyone ahead of them. What the playoffs do is allow them to play their best lineups longer. While other teams dont have that opportunity because they are already going full bore in the regular season.

Its why the HCA theory that JB likes to trot is so flawed, so long as the Spurs are healthy I have them ahead of everyone outside the Nuggs and Lakers(Need to see more from Dallas before I put them on that level), but when they get there anything can happen. I have a feeling Duncan has one last playoff dominance left in him, but honestly I would really limit his minutes from here on out cuz he burned out down the stretch last year, not sure if they have that luxury because they have to avoid the Lakers in R1.

The postseason is a whole new season, and as long as The Spurs are healthy and able to go full charge...they can still be a huge threat. But i do believe much depends on Parker. He needs to regain the explosiveness...because right now he is the only player who can create scoring opportunities in transition.

I don't mind sacrificing a few regular season W's if we can get a shot at a top seed like Denver, LA or Dallas and give them one helluva series. Perhaps being patient and tanking for the postseason will prove a better method than going out and fizzle before playoff time like last season. And I believe a healthy Spurs squad will not be easy pickings for the Lakers. I would relish a 1st round matchup with LA.

TheKing23
03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Nicolas Batum
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Tim Duncan

That, in my opinion, would be the best team in the league.

J_M_B
03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow..

That would have been horrible.

thedfactor
03-13-2010, 03:26 PM
That would have been ******** by the Spurs. Oden has been a bust.

Chronz
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Nicolas Batum
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Tim Duncan

That, in my opinion, would be the best team in the league.
I dont think they would have been able to acquire Andre Miller but Blake and JB would be sufficient, wait unless JB was drafted the following year, still PG is the least important position for a contending team.

rick66ankiel24
03-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Wow. That's a bombshell for sure.

not sure as though bombshell is the correct verb there but thats fine

JOSKOMANG4
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
With the 2nd overall pick in the 1984 NBA Draft, the Blazers select... Sam Bowie????

DodgerBulls
03-13-2010, 06:43 PM
how would that make Cuban an idiot?? That would actually make Buss an idiot for trading Kobe

damn, you beat me to it.

Ty Fast
03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
was it for oden or the 1st pick? they may have taken durant. he did go to school at texas. oden for td would had been bad, but durant for td would have been not so bad

ElMarroAfamado
03-13-2010, 06:49 PM
people forget it before greg oden became a bust...
look at the guy...his physique...his height...
he was built it seems to dominate at the center position....so much so that i think he could have punked dwight howard in the paint and become the best center in the league...
so agile..so strong....

but well tragically we all know what happened to all that pessimism

Ty Fast
03-13-2010, 06:51 PM
people forget it before greg oden became a bust...
look at the guy...his physique...his height...
he was built it seems to dominate at the center position....so much so that i think he could have punked dwight howard in the paint and become the best center in the league...
so agile..so strong....

but well tragically we all know what happened to all that pessimism

everybody said he was going to be the next tim duncan

JerzeyFresh
03-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Dont right Oden off yet. This guy is so physically gifted (injuries aside) that if he comes back, stays healthy and starts to build on his offensive game like Howard is doing now hell be the best C in the NBA

Jaji
03-13-2010, 06:56 PM
IDK why Portland took him over Durant in the 1st place. You could see from Pluto that Durant was going to be a Super Star. Even if Oden had reached his full potential he still wouldn't be half the player Durant is. Durant is just that good.

Chateamsfan
03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
I would have LMAO! HAHAHA Oden is a bum.

valade16
03-13-2010, 07:10 PM

Ill concede it'd make Buss an idiot IF he did trade Kobe, but Cuban NOT trading Nowitzki for Kobe makes him an idiot.

This was the original quote:

"blatantly said he would not do a Dirk-for-Kobe trade"

That makes him an idiot. Short of Lebron, Howard, or Durant anyone who says they wouldn't do a Kobe for anyone trade is an idiot...

slapnutz69
03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
T.D bleeds grey and black couldn't see him suiting up for anyone else nor would i want to

JordansBulls
03-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I dont think they would have been able to acquire Andre Miller but Blake and JB would be sufficient, wait unless JB was drafted the following year, still PG is the least important position for a contending team.

I'm JB though.:o