PDA

View Full Version : When will Darren Collison get the respect he deserves? As Chris Paul's successor?

Boston Faithful
03-12-2010, 05:34 AM
I posted a thread on this a few weeks ago and Collison is playing even better since then. In 19 games (about a fourth of the season), Collison's averaged 20.1 PPG and 9.8 APG while leading the Hornets to a 7-12 record. He IS the real deal. True, he has 4.5 TPG in that stretch.

BUT, with experience those turnovers will go down and those points and assists will only go up. I don't want to hear the "defenses aren't planning for him" excuse. Because they are planning for him now, they're stupid not to after the first 10 games he exploded.

Please try to tell me it's not in the Hornets best interest to trade Chris Paul for a massive amount of picks and All-Star caliber players and build around another 20-10 PG and a potential future All-Star in Marcus Thornton. Thornton is playing way better alongside Collison than he did with Paul and he's averaging nearly 21 points per game in that stretch as well.

With Collison, Thornton, picks and potential All-Stars, their record would be ALOT better than 7-12 in the stretch.

All that's going to happen when Paul gets back is Collison will take a backseat and he'll lose all his value. They need to deal Paul, they'll get the most value. Management has shown they aren't willing to put the big bucks behind Paul in order to get the pieces they need, so why not build a team like the Thunder - who clearly are going to be championship contenders for years to come? I would go as far as saying next year they'd be a 45-50 win team if they trade Paul for ALOT of assets. Trade David West too. Otherwise, they're going nowhere but mediocrity with a PG dilemma.

conway429
03-12-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm sure they'll figure it out in the offseason.
Collison's great, but I don't know how quickly they'll move a 24-year old superstar like Paul, for a guy who hasn't even started for a 3rd of a season. We'll see what happens.

ChiSox219
03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
The Hornets scorekeeper is notorious for boosting assists. Collison isn't close to what CP3 did this year in the same exact system.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
This Collision replacing Paul crap is getting annoying. Paul is 25, and the best PG on the planet. Collision has done nothing but increase his trade value exponentially. If anyone thinks the Hornets will move Paul to make room for Collision, they are insane. And if the Hornets do indeed trade Paul, that franchise deserves to be sold, and move to Seattle for total ineptitude

wolf3742
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
This Collision replacing Paul crap is getting annoying. Paul is 25, and the best PG on the planet. Collision has done nothing but increase his trade value exponentially. If anyone thinks the Hornets will move Paul to make room for Collision, they are insane. And if the Hornets do indeed trade Paul, that franchise deserves to be sold, and move to Seattle for total ineptitude

x2

Hornets will neve trade Paul.. NEVER!!

G-Funk
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Collison Okafur for Andrew Bynum?

Bynum
West
CP3 ?

Raph12
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Collison will be traded, Paul will not, simple as that.

ElMarroAfamado
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
wow
just wow

Raidaz4Life
03-12-2010, 12:23 PM

Bynum
West
CP3 ?

I thought we just established that the Hornets weren't stupid

Hawkeye15
03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I thought we just established that the Hornets weren't stupid

they did give Peja a ton of money. So its still a question.

arkanian215
03-12-2010, 12:34 PM
If Indiana doesn't get a top pick maybe they can put together a package for Collison. The draft looks incredibly weak on PG's right now outside of Wall. Dunno if Collison is the PG of the future for any franchise though despite what he has done this year.

Sadds The Gr8
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I posted a thread on this a few weeks ago and Collison is playing even better since then. In 19 games (about a fourth of the season), Collison's averaged 20.1 PPG and 9.8 APG while leading the Hornets to a 7-12 record. He IS the real deal. True, he has 4.5 TPG in that stretch.

BUT, with experience those turnovers will go down and those points and assists will only go up. I don't want to hear the "defenses aren't planning for him" excuse. Because they are planning for him now, they're stupid not to after the first 10 games he exploded.

Please try to tell me it's not in the Hornets best interest to trade Chris Paul for a massive amount of picks and All-Star caliber players and build around another 20-10 PG and a potential future All-Star in Marcus Thornton. Thornton is playing way better alongside Collison than he did with Paul and he's averaging nearly 21 points per game in that stretch as well.

With Collison, Thornton, picks and potential All-Stars, their record would be ALOT better than 7-12 in the stretch.

All that's going to happen when Paul gets back is Collison will take a backseat and he'll lose all his value. They need to deal Paul, they'll get the most value. Management has shown they aren't willing to put the big bucks behind Paul in order to get the pieces they need, so why not build a team like the Thunder - who clearly are going to be championship contenders for years to come? I would go as far as saying next year they'd be a 45-50 win team if they trade Paul for ALOT of assets. Trade David West too. Otherwise, they're going nowhere but mediocrity with a PG dilemma.

I 100% agree with you. Many people just say it's stupid to trade CP3 without really thinking. Guys look, NWO CLEARLY isn't into using money to bring another superstar in. NWO is concerned with it's money, and is more interested in saving it, rather than using it to bring in another superstar to help Paul. This is why they traded Chandler when he was the perfect fit for them, and why they had West and Okafor on the trade block this season. They brought this upon themselves too, overpaying Posey, Peja, Chandler then trading for Okafor...etc. The best way to win without using money is to rebuild and wish for the best (like Portland and OKC). Also, it's not like Collison is just some scrub. The #s prove that he definately deserves to be a starter in this league. Also, like the OP says, Thornton plays better beside Collison, and they're both younger and have great chemistry already. I think they should build around what could be a dangerous future backcourt in Collison and Thornton, and then trade CP3 for a LOAD of draft picks, or a young stud C/PF. I know it's kinda risky, but at least you're gonna have a chance of success in the future, instead of letting Paul CARRY a bad team on his back, have him get upset, and possibly forcing him to walk away for nothing in return. I think this is the safer route.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Paul for BYnum has to happen

mikantsass
03-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Collison will be traded, Paul will not, simple as that.

Collison is locked up for the next 3 years at $1.3m, $1.4m, $2.3m.....

Why would the Hornets trade possibly the best backup PG in the league at such affordable $$$$$$$????

mikantsass
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Paul for BYnum has to happen

Why would NO do this trade????? They just traded for Okafor who is locked up until 2014. Plus if you think the Hornets are going to trade Paul and all they get in return is Bynum you are absolutely crazy. They must put something in the coffee over there in spain....

Hawkeye15
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Why would the Hornets trade possibly the best backup PG in the league at such affordable $$$$$$$????

they could easily demand whichever team was taking Collision also take a bad contract off their hands as well. Evens it out.

Carey
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Collison is a good player, better then i expected him to be in the league but Paul is a top 5 player in the league. I hate when people throw out numbers before skill set. There's nothing on the floor Collison can do better then Paul, they'll play together alot when Paul is healthy, the problem is he's not a stronger shooter like Pargo was and if both guys are on the floor he is absolutely gonna be the one off the ball

king james
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
they could easily demand whichever team was taking Collision also take a bad contract off their hands as well. Evens it out.

I would agree with that. That makes a lot of sense.

I hear what u guys are saying about trading Paul but u all must know that there is no way that u all will get equal in return for trading Paul. There is no team out there that has enough to give in return that would be considered a fair trade.

That's why it would be better to trade collison. I think by trading him and someone else u all can get some real quality players or draft picks for him. Personally I would trade Beasley for him. I know some may not like it but oh well. We need a pg and someone like Paul could really make Beasley shine in my opinion.

wolf3742
03-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Simply because they got a ton of bad contract that needs to be unloaded. If the Hornets will trade COllison it will be packaged with either Posey, Peterson, Peja to get more value.

And again to all who says trade CP3. NO is not stupid enough to trade the arguably best PG of league right now. He is more valuable than just the team's star player, You trade Paul and you will see the arena only half-filled all the time.

ChiSox219
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM

They would package him with Okafor and/or Posey to shed their contracts.

ballpd05
03-12-2010, 01:15 PM
They would keep Paul and trade Collison. The fact that Mo Pete and Peja's contracts will expire in '11 make it a little bit sweeter to take Collison with an expiring deal.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-12-2010, 01:54 PM
collison has been playing great. But he is still an unknown. When teams really key in and scout him to the most minor detail then lets see how he reacts. Brandon Jennings suffered after teams payed more attention. So i doubt CP3 gets mentioned in any trades just because of very good play from a rookie guard.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2010, 02:02 PM
collison has been playing great. But he is still an unknown. When teams really key in and scout him to the most minor detail then lets see how he reacts. Brandon Jennings suffered after teams payed more attention. So i doubt CP3 gets mentioned in any trades just because of very good play from a rookie guard.

great point. He will be scouted on film, his limitations will come out in those sessions.
And again, last post on this thread for me, it is just ridiculous to even entertain the idea of trading Chris Paul, but Collision is playing himself into a valuable trade chip that can be used to attain a better player, and shed a bad contract. Nothing more. The Hornets are not going to trade Chris Paul. Period, end of story. He is the best PG in the world, and there is no way they can get that value in return unless he can be moved for LeBron or Dwight. And that is probably not happening

kntresistheheat
03-12-2010, 02:10 PM
The Heat will take either one...

NYtilIdie
03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Geez these threads are so damn stupid. You don't trade the best PG in the game just because Collison's been playing well, that doesn't mean he's better then Paul. Paul was way more efficient and didn't average 4 TO a game.

It seems like you guys forgot how great Paul was since he's been out for so long.

I guess everytime a star player goes down and their back-up plays well we should start a thread about them possibly trading their star player.

I'll remember this next time Kobe goes down and Shannon Brown averages 18 ppg again.

IversonIsKrazy
03-12-2010, 02:27 PM
i think they should really trade one of them. The thing is that we all know how New Orleans organization don't really have a lot of money, and Paul is a FA in 2011. If they trade Collison, they need a lot back to keep CP in NO. If they can't get the trade there looking for (another all-star), they should trade CP to bring back all-stars for and rebuild. That's just my opinion tho.

MrFastBreak
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
The other night, the guy technically had something like 20 AST when in reality he had 13 according to Hardwood Paroxysm. People are claiming hes been putting up Chris Paul like #'s. And now they claim NO should trade Paul? Its no question hes been pretty good as a supposed replacement, but Im not that fond of players that are being compared to players that are superior to them.

Chronz
03-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Only retards doubt that CP3 isnt a better player but the point hes making is that CP3 would fetch alot more. If New Orleans has any hope of keeping its basketball team it has to cut cost, so trading CP3 along with some albatross contracts would make since given that Collison is under his rookie contract for a few more years. They would stay competitive and operate under alot less money. One of them has to go though, blame their negligent management for the Peterson and Posey deals.

A Nut Da 1
03-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Why would NO do this trade????? They just traded for Okafor who is locked up until 2014. Plus if you think the Hornets are going to trade Paul and all they get in return is Bynum you are absolutely crazy. They must put something in the coffee over there in spain....

what about NO going after R Gay in free agency and them trading collison and there draft pick for a big

A Nut Da 1
03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
the you would be looking at PC3 , Gay & west as your core

A Nut Da 1
03-12-2010, 02:59 PM
maybe a sign in trade with the Grizz try and get the Center from Uconn as a Throw in

Ovratd1up
03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Hornets Trade: Chris Paul, David West, and Darius Songaila
for: Chris Bosh, Michael Beasely, Emeka Okafor, and Rafer Alston

Heat Trade: Dwyane Wade, Michael Beasely, Udonis Haslem, and Rafer Alston
for: Chris Paul, David West, Demar Derozan, and Reggie Evans

Raptors Trade: Chris Bosh, Demar Derozan, and Reggie Evans
for: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem

Hornets-
Daren Collison/ Rafer Alston
Marcus Thorton/ Mo Peterson
Peja Stojakovic/ James Posey
Chris Bosh/ Michael Beasely
Emeka Okafor/ Aaron Gray

New Orleans does this because right now they are going no where. Ever. A trade like this to get full value of their superstar in Chris Paul would be of benefit to them considering Daren Collison looks like a real PG of the future, and being put on a team surrounded by scorers would be of benefit to him and the team. This team could be a championship contender in a couple of years.

Heat-
Chris Paul/ Carlos Arroyo/ Mario Chalmers
Demar Derozan/ Dequan Cook
Quinten Richardson/ Dorrell Wright
David West/ Reggie Evans
Jermaine O'Neal/ Joel Anthony

The Heat get a ton of value in this trade. They replace their superstar with a younger one of similar quality and also fill their void at PG, while also bringing in a young player in Demar Derozan to fill the void left by Wade. They get a true second option player in David West. Not only do they get better now, but they also get more appealing to free agents next summer. Lebron James would love to play with a Chris Paul for obvious reasons, more so than Wade, especially if they already have a player like David West in place.

Raptors-
Jarret Jack/ Jose Calderon
Dwyane Wade/ Marco Belinelli
Hedo Turkoglu/ Antoine Wright
Udonis Haslem/ Amir Johnson/ Darius Songaila
Andrea Bargnani/ Rasho Nesterovic

Maybe they wouldn't do this because they are playing well with the team they have, but they are much more balanced with this team and at least look better on paper. Bargnani needs a player like Haslem next to him to reach his full potential, and Dwyane Wade needs a team like this to play at his highest level. Probably a much better defense, and could be a really good team.

Obviously the above scenario is unlikely at best, but it looks good to me. Which team wouldn't do this?

ballpd05
03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Hornets-
Emeka Okafor/ Aaron Gray

New Orleans does this because right now they are going no where. Ever. A trade like this to get full value of their superstar in Chris Paul would be of benefit to them considering Daren Collison looks like a real PG of the future, and being put on a team surrounded by scorers would be of benefit to him and the team. This team could be a championship contender in a couple of years.

Heat-
David West/ Reggie Evans

The Heat get a ton of value in this trade. They replace their superstar with a younger one of similar quality and also fill their void at PG, while also bringing in a young player in Demar Derozan to fill the void left by Wade. They get a true second option player in David West. Not only do they get better now, but they also get more appealing to free agents next summer. Lebron James would love to play with a Chris Paul for obvious reasons, more so than Wade, especially if they already have a player like David West in place.

Raptors-

Maybe they wouldn't do this because they are playing well with the team they have, but they are much more balanced with this team and at least look better on paper. Bargnani needs a player like Haslem next to him to reach his full potential, and Dwyane Wade needs a team like this to play at his highest level. Probably a much better defense, and could be a really good team.

Obviously the above scenario is unlikely at best, but it looks good to me. Which team wouldn't do this?

The trade deadline has passed though so Bosh will likely opt out of his deal or get a ridiculous pay increase from the Raptors that I probably wouldn't want if I were Hornets.

wolf3742
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM

Hornets-
Emeka Okafor/ Aaron Gray

Heat-
David West/ Reggie Evans

Raptors-

So basically we lost our two best player West and CP3 (best PG right now) to get Bosh. Can I have what your :smoking:

ballpd05
03-12-2010, 03:51 PM
the you would be looking at PC3 , Gay & west as your core

That would be pretty nasty with Marcus Thornton coming in strong too

GOON MUSIC
03-12-2010, 03:52 PM
LMAO

Paul is is 24, is he retiring soon ?

How is Collison his successor when they're almost the same age

Ovratd1up
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
The trade deadline has passed though so Bosh will likely opt out of his deal or get a ridiculous pay increase from the Raptors that I probably wouldn't want if I were Hornets.

We're in fantasy-land anyways, so nothing matters :)

So basically we lost our two best player West and CP3 (best PG right now) to get Bosh.

Which team would go further in the playoffs?

DC/ Alston
Thorton/ Mope
Pedrag/ Poser
Bosh/ Beasely
Okafor/ Bosh

or

CP3/ DC
Mope/ Thorton
Peja/ Posey
West/ Songaila
Okafor/ Marks

considering the latter isn't even close to the playoffs now? If Bosh were to resign (lol) that would be a contender in the future.

Can I have what your :smoking:

You think I'm just going to pass it to you? Why the **** would I do that?

wolf3742
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM
We're in fantasy-land anyways, so nothing matters :)

Which team would go further in the playoffs?

DC/ Alston
Thorton/ Mope
Pedrag/ Poser
Bosh/ Beasely
Okafor/ Bosh

or

CP3/ DC
Mope/ Thorton
Peja/ Posey
West/ Songaila
Okafor/ Marks

Uhmm I kind of remember that the Hornets was on the playoff run before CP3 went down... And the one with Bosh, I do not think it will make even the 8th seed in the west and we are still stuck with that bad contract from Posey

The best trade value we have in the Hornets is DC and NOT CP3. DC because of his low contract can be packaged with Posety with the bad contract. 2011, Mo PEte and Peja is expiring and would fetch another trade near the deadline. YOU DO NOT TRADE A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER just like that. And do you realize that is has been CP3 that has been filling the seats in the home arena of the Hornets? You trade him away let's see if we can even fill-up half of the fans now

kurivaimu
03-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I seriously think the people who say that the Hornets will never trade CP3 or even think about it are complete homers and blind.

The Hornets are on a cost-cutting scheme. Thats why the mooved Tysons contract. The fact is, the Hornets wont become anything special until they move the bad contracts..most importantly Peja's.
And, as the Hornets wont be contenders anytime soon..Chris Paul will get frustrated. At 25, he is entering his prime years..and i think ..CP3 and the Hornets have to part ways. He already was frustrated at the beggining of this season...
Now that Collison has emerged..well.. advantage Hornets.

Ovratd1up
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Okay fine, but I disagree. The Hornets are going nowhere with Chris Paul. Realize that. And we disagree about the potential of the Bosh lineup. And I love the way Collison and Thorton play together, and I'm not sure either reach close to their potential with CP3, though Thorton might. But not Daren.

wolf3742
03-12-2010, 04:22 PM
The Hornets are on a cost-cutting scheme. Thats why the mooved Tysons contract. The fact is, the Hornets wont become anything special until they move the bad contracts..most importantly Peja's.

The Chandler trade was not cost cutting. Okafor's contract is longer than Chandler's. The main reason for Tyson's trade is that he was never the same since the 2007-2008 season. The next two years he was no longer producing the same as he was before and add to it that he is injured alot of times and still is (Already missed a lot of games in Charlotte).

Okay fine, but I disagree. The Hornets are going nowhere with Chris Paul. Realize that. And we disagree about the potential of the Bosh lineup. And I love the way Collison and Thorton play together, and I'm not sure either reach close to their potential with CP3, though Thorton might. But not Daren.

I just think we can have a better outcome if we trade DC and shedding a bad contract at the same time rather than putting a for sale sign on CP3.

FOBolous
03-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Darren Collison is good....very good. without a doubt. with that said...there's no way in hell the Hornets are trading Chris Paul. Chris Paul is already the best PG in the league and is one his way to becoming one of the PG EVER. you just don't trade someone like that to make room for ANYONE....no matter how good that anyone is. why the Hornets might do though is trade Collison for another player to make their team either better, more balanced, or deeper. but they WILL NOT trade Chris Paul. Like Kobe and Lebron...Chris Paul is one of those players that'll only come around once in a lifetime.

Vinny642
03-12-2010, 04:37 PM
All this Bynum for anyone BS is annoying, He isnt that great he is ok but not even Kobe has more value than Paul right now, the only two people that do is Dwight and Lebron. Bynum is still overrated on this site, its annoying

STOP WITH THE CP and DC threads!!

Chronz
03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Darren Collison is good....very good. without a doubt. with that said...there's no way in hell the Hornets are trading Chris Paul. Chris Paul is already the best PG in the league and is one his way to becoming one of the PG EVER. you just don't trade someone like that to make room for ANYONE....no matter how good that anyone is. why the Hornets might do though is trade Collison for another player to make their team either better, more balanced, or deeper. but they WILL NOT trade Chris Paul. Like Kobe and Lebron...Chris Paul is one of those players that'll only come around once in a lifetime.
Like Shaq and Wilt? Or Jason Kidd and Steve Nash? How about Kevin Garnett or Hakeem?

king james
03-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Hornets-
Emeka Okafor/ Aaron Gray

Heat-
David West/ Reggie Evans

Raptors-

This is STUPID on so many levels...:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Vinny642
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
This is STUPID on so many levels...:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yessir it is, we trade CP West and get Beasley and Bosh, wtf na I am good keeping CP and West.

Swashcuff
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
The Hornets scorekeeper is notorious for boosting assists. Collison isn't close to what CP3 did this year in the same exact system.

for his career Paul averages 10.5 apg at home and 9.6 on the road. Wow a whole 41 extra assists per season??? Collison's is 6.2 - 4.0 however. But ignorant people who say that's they reason why Paul is so on in terms of assists need to stop. That just stupid.

Iodine
03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/6z37z9.jpg

this sums up everything

I mean why keep that best PG in the game for building around (Deron being better as an all around player and winner is debatable and really close) who still has lots of potential when you can have a rookie??????

Oh wait this is PSD I forgot logic dosnt matter

Swashcuff
03-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Hornets-
Emeka Okafor/ Aaron Gray

Heat-
David West/ Reggie Evans

Raptors-

i see you have a lot of time on your hands

jimbobjarree
03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
since when did a 24 year old absolute stud PG need a successer lol

Iodine
03-12-2010, 08:39 PM

Actually you dont need lots of time to post absolute idiotic ****** crap that makes about as much sense as trying to cut down a tree with a plastic protractor

Swashcuff
03-12-2010, 08:39 PM
I think the stupidist thing on this whole thread is people who are saying that CP3 will hamper Thornton's growth. :facepalm: the guy has gotten better at his role as the season has progressed he has also been getting the minutes he wasn't getting earlier. NO didn't know how good he really was until he started getting real minutes. When Paul got injured is when his game along with Collison's really came along. Has nothing to do with CP holding him back.

Swashcuff
03-12-2010, 08:40 PM
since when did a 24 year old absolute stud PG need a successer lol

and this coming from a Jazz fan who knows what he's talking about when it comes to great Point Guards. Exactly!!! successor??? sigh

Iodine
03-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the stupidist thing on this whole thread is people who are saying that CP3 will hamper Thornton's growth. :facepalm: the guy has gotten better at his role as the season has progressed he has also been getting the minutes he wasn't getting earlier. NO didn't know how good he really was until he started getting real minutes. When Paul got injured is when his game along with Collison's really came along. Has nothing to do with CP holding him back.

You forget that Thornton is going to be a hybrid of MJ, Shawn Johnson, Nas, Murs, Dikembe Mutombo's voice, and Clinton Portis's swag

masalex1205
03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
IF they're trading anybody it should be DC while his value is so high

ManRam
03-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Maybe when he isn't 7-12 as the starting PG.

EDIT: That stat isn't right, but that's been their record since Paul has gone down the second time.

He's actually 11-16 in games Paul hasn't played.

Iodine
03-12-2010, 09:00 PM
But.... But... But..... But.... But.... But......

Damnit you used facts again so I cant disprove your argument with the logic of a 3 year old crackhead that was used for the start of this thread

ManRam
03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
But.... But... But..... But.... But.... But......

Damnit you used facts again so I cant disprove your argument with the logic of a 3 year old crackhead that was used for the start of this thread

I like crack.
I like you.

Iodine
03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Want to have another baby together?

Dont worry buckwheat still thinks its his

ManRam
03-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Want to have another baby together?

Dont worry buckwheat still thinks its his

Only if you let it develop in your uterus instead of mine this time.

Iodine
03-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Well it would be a fair trade at the least

whats to code word again?

I vote for a phrase this time somthing along the lines of unstoppable, unapproachable, incomprehensible, OH **** I JUST CAME!

Vinny642
03-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Lol u guys are crazy just like the OP thinking CP needs a successor at 24 years old

ManRam
03-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Anywhoo...

Darren Collison is great, but he hasn't proved he's half the winner CP3 is. There is not doubt that Paul is far superior on defense, does a far better job protecting the ball, and know how to will his teams to wins. There is not one thing Darren does better than Paul, so let's hold off on this argument for now...because Darren isn't even close to being in CP's league.

Vinny642
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
He isnt no where near Paul, but he is good, and so is Thorton, we did the best this draft IMO

Ovratd1up
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM

Trust me, I didn't want to write that thing. But one third of the way through I was pot committed and had to complete it. It sucked.

And to the people who don't like my scenario, that's fine, it was a crazy scenario to begin with. But at least offer some kind of alternative, at the vey least some input. :facepalm: does NOT qualify.

Ovratd1up
03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
It's not about finding a succesor for CP3. It's about winning, and getting value for your assets, not letting them go to waste.

ManRam
03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
He isnt no where near Paul, but he is good, and so is Thorton, we did the best this draft IMO

Without a doubt. Getting Collison at #21 and Thornton at #43 is absolutely mind boggling.

jmtapia
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
there is no way NO is trading CP3.

ItsTheLastAce
03-12-2010, 10:33 PM
theres more of a chance of them trading collison than paul. paul has proven he can lead a team. i think they should trade collison for the fact that someone will over pay for him and the hornets can get some more solid players. collison shouldnt waste away at being a back up pg, which when paul comes back he will be.

RaptorizedKevin
03-12-2010, 10:33 PM

Bynum
West
CP3 ?

LOL thats just funny. why would the hornets do that? :facepalm:

RaptorizedKevin
03-12-2010, 10:34 PM
john wall will be better than chris paul anyways. hes way more atheltic and deezed and overall has alot more potential.

ItsTheLastAce
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM

id say its a tie between you guys and the kings, collison/ thortan vs evans/caspi. but then again collison was picked in the 20s and evans was the 4th pick, so you guys got better value.

ManRam
03-12-2010, 10:41 PM
John Wall has the basketball IQ of a donkey, the worst ball control of any draft prospect and the three point shooting skills of Dwight Howard. He's an athlete and that's about it. When he turns into a bust, Joe Alexander and I will tell you "told you so".

ItsTheLastAce
03-12-2010, 10:44 PM
im hesitant to say any college prospect is better than any superstar for the simple fact the nba is a different beast compared to college. lets see how he reacts to the nba first before we label him "the best pg in the nba thats still in college".

R. Johnson#3
03-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't care if the backup is really good for a portion of the season. CP3 is one of, if not the best PG in the league and he's young.

jmtapia
03-12-2010, 11:50 PM
john wall will be better than chris paul anyways. hes way more atheltic and deezed and overall has alot more potential.

way to early to tell...

heathonater
03-13-2010, 12:52 AM
i like what collison has done, but he is nowhere near the player as paul.

The Jokemaker
03-13-2010, 01:21 AM
I can't believe this is even an argument. Let's see collison do this for a whole season or two THEN make a call. No way should they trade chris paul because simply they won't get what he deserves in return. who would give it to them? no body has the chips that they are willing to part with to make the deal even a good idea for new orleans. Collison may be good but hes not the next top 5 superstar in the league.

Iodine
03-13-2010, 01:44 AM

Potential+athleticism= Hakim Warrick, DeAndre Jordan, Sean Williams

and by law of substitution Potential+athleticism=********

J-Relo
03-13-2010, 05:12 AM
waht he has done to get some huge respect? he has just shown some flashes and solid potential- that's it...

alencp3
03-13-2010, 06:08 AM
'Turnover machine'

Boston Faithful
03-13-2010, 06:10 AM
17 points and 10 assists yet again tonight...

Iodine
03-13-2010, 06:13 AM
'Turnover machine'

But theres no way turnovers can affect a basketball game silly

I mean if they did John Wall would have a massive red flag all over him.........

Oh **** you may be on to something

Iodine
03-13-2010, 06:16 AM
17 points and 10 assists yet again tonight...
With under 50% shooting, 4 turnovers, 0-4 from three, and a tech

its great how not including everything makes it look like you have a sliver of an idea of what your talking about

samxeyeam
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
people bring up a good point about CP3 getting traded... It might happen... The hornets arent winning, CP3 is probably gonna leave to another team once his contract is up if the hornets dont start winning... The FO is probably want to keep the cheaper, younger PG than the more expensive slightly older PG... Get one or two young players with some upside to compliment collison... Just my .02.

JayW_1023
03-14-2010, 06:46 AM
You make it sound as if CP3 is in the twilight of his career. Gimme a break, he is 24 years old. Paul is still the franchise. Collison is playing well, but that offense is designed to suit Pauls skills.