PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings Vs. Big Baby

PackCrewBuckBad
03-12-2010, 01:15 AM
We are having a little arguement in the bucks thread about the foul Big Baby committed on jennings.

The point being debated is whether or not Big Baby committed a "cheap shot", or was it just a "good" foul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1NntCmiCW4
So what do you guys think? Good foul to commit, or a cheap shot by Davis on Jennings?
We're talking about the block/foul, not the aftermath. Good foul, or a foul worth an ejection?

NYKnickFanatic
03-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Video?

Ollie Tabooger
03-12-2010, 01:25 AM
who cares? i watched the whole game it was competitive throughout. Maybe it was a cheap shot, maybe not. But this isn't forum worthy.

PackCrewBuckBad
03-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Video?

my bad, video is in now

NPH
03-12-2010, 01:37 AM
who cares? i watched the whole game it was competitive throughout. Maybe it was a cheap shot, maybe not. But this isn't forum worthy.

Ehh well it is basketball related sooo, it kinda is somewhat worthy..
Are you the person who determines if threads are "worthy" enough?

asandhu23
03-12-2010, 01:40 AM
the guy is trying to get 10,000 posts. let him post.lol

JermanJaysFan
03-12-2010, 01:44 AM
If you're gonna intentionally foul, I prefer if:
a) You hack his arms
b) You wrap him up
c) Get between him and the basket

I don't think this is a "cheap shot" per se, but when you go over top of a guy like that, it gets dangerous. I don't think Perkins deserved a flagrant or anything, but Jennings deserved to get pissed and Perkins probably deserves to get a little something back on the other end. I don't think you can call that anything other than a personal foul, 2 shots, but I think players have a right to get upset over that kind of play.

iced_earth4
03-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Not even close to a flagrant... These threads are really going downhill... Especially all the hate on the celtics.

fifajade5
03-12-2010, 01:51 AM
I hate how Big Baby comes up really fast and hits up and then holds his hands in the air, I do not like big baby

Draco
03-12-2010, 01:51 AM
That wasn't a cheap shot nor was it really a hard foul.. It looked like BB making a play on the ball and incidental contact between a really large man and a really skinny one.

Mauersota
03-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I hate how Big Baby comes up really fast and hits up and then holds his hands in the air, I do not like big baby

Yeah let's not even look at the reason he did that, like Jennings standing over him and talking smack.

Ezekial
03-12-2010, 02:32 AM
I said cheap shot, but it was no Rajon Rondo v. Brad Miller cheap shot.

sdsowlsa
03-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Absolutely no reason why Big Fat Davis shouldn't have gotten a flagrant foul on this play. Also, any chance you could find a video that has a side view, so we can actually see the momentum of the hard contact?

PackCrewBuckBad
03-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Absolutely no reason why Big Fat Davis shouldn't have gotten a flagrant foul on this play. Also, any chance you could find a video that has a side view, so we can actually see the momentum of the hard contact?

That's just it, there wasn't any hard contact until after the play when BB got up. Watch it close, It looks like jennings is going to get hammered (and I thought he did at first) but after looking at it again, he doesn't get hit that bad (suprisingly). Besides, if he did get hit hard by BB, he would have been sent flying or knocked to the ground hard, neither of which happened.

kv9588
03-12-2010, 02:58 AM
I cant stand big baby or the celtics but that was a good foul. Not even close to a flagrant

The SportsKing
03-12-2010, 03:19 AM
yet again another stupid thread!

sugarrayray
03-12-2010, 03:20 AM
We are having a little arguement in the bucks thread about the foul Big Baby committed on jennings.

The point being debated is whether or not Big Baby committed a "cheap shot", or was it just a "good" foul?

So what do you guys think? Good foul to commit, or a cheap shot by Davis on Jennings?
We're talking about the block/foul, not the aftermath. Good foul, or a foul worth an ejection?

You know very well that the argument was never the foul alone should cause an ejection. You asking if the foul is worth an ejection skews the votes. I said the the foul should have been a flagrant and the followed headbutt attempt should have then been a technical. So why didn't you be honest and ask is the foul worth a flagrant, which was the original argument.

PackCrewBuckBad
03-12-2010, 03:23 AM

You know very well that the argument was never the foul alone should cause an ejection. You asking if the foul is worth an ejection skews the votes. I said the the foul should have been a flagrant and the followed headbutt attempt should have then been a technical. So why didn't you be honest and ask is the foul worth a flagrant, which was the original argument.

ok, is the foul worth a flagrant?
I thought someone in the Bucks forum said BB should have been ejected from the game and possibly suspended? I was refering the bucks forum in general, not just specifically just you.

Im saying it was a good foul by BB, and that he really didn't hit jennings that hard until after the foul was committed when he got up.
I can agree that davis getting up was a cheap shot (but it was partially jennings fault), however I think the foul on the block shot was just an ordinary nba foul on a block attempt

ldc62
03-12-2010, 03:29 AM
He retaliated after the game by going all out on KG.

PackCrewBuckBad
03-12-2010, 03:31 AM
He retaliated after the game by going all out on KG.

And that was awesome! I used to love KG on the T-Wolves, but I can't stand him on the Celtics.

marvILLous
03-12-2010, 03:36 AM
LOL nice reaction by big baby hahaha

xxseven72ducexx
03-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Big Baby is a dirtbag...he's the reason Shaq is out the rest of the season bc he was pullin on his hand trying to get free of him...this most definitely was a cheap shot bc he's known for bein somewhat dirty...**** Glen Davis and **** the Celtics...Garnett's a dirtbag too...**** EM ALL (except for Nate)

Lil Rhody
03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Ive seen worst but its cause big baby is so huge that mass running at you full speed:speechless::speechless:

BeantownBill
03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
mayys use muzt be krazin. alldoze h82;rs out dere be knowin that glento davies big babyboy wuzz trynt to starz some sheeet. it's obviouso. Out of bounce? Pleazzzz. Fug cletics. BJENNNNNNNNNN

:eyebrow: Really?

No, really?

I don't think it was a good foul or a cheap shot. I'm a Celtics fan and I think Davis needs to grow up. A lot. The kid has talent but until he matures some he's going to be known as a knucklehead.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
PSD has really shown me why there is a high age limit in politics.

Ragun
03-12-2010, 08:58 AM
it was a good foul.

TheKing23
03-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I can stand Crybaby Davis.

Ever since he was trying to make Shaq's thumb injury worse by pulling on it... What a douchebag. Can't defend him so he has to try and injure him. What a little *****.

BOSTON617
03-12-2010, 09:17 AM
mayys use muzt be krazin. alldoze h82;rs out dere be knowin that glento davies big babyboy wuzz trynt to starz some sheeet. it's obviouso. Out of bounce? Pleazzzz. Fug cletics. BJENNNNNNNNNN

english next time???:facepalm:

Tribe
03-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Anything involving davis is cheap except his dining habits...He's a joke of a basketball player

NickyNick
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Big Baby is a dirtbag...he's the reason Shaq is out the rest of the season bc he was pullin on his hand trying to get free of him...this most definitely was a cheap shot bc he's known for bein somewhat dirty...**** Glen Davis and **** the Celtics...Garnett's a dirtbag too...**** EM ALL (except for Nate)

child, its going to be ok....take a deep breath

and BB didnt pull on shaqs hand, they were going for a ball and BB's hand came down on shaqs and barely hit him but his thumb just bent in a wierd way

NickyNick
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Anything involving davis is cheap except his dining habits...He's a joke of a basketball player

grow up and talk about sports....the question was if you thought it should of been a flagarant

magichatnumber9
03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
I can stand Crybaby Davis.

Ever since he was trying to make Shaq's thumb injury worse by pulling on it... What a douchebag. Can't defend him so he has to try and injure him. What a little *****.What does your quote have to do with the thread. Did you think it was flagrant or not. I thought it was borderline and I would respected the refs discussion regardless. Glen Baby has maturity issues, but it looks like Jennings is no different.

pebloemer
03-12-2010, 09:50 AM
If you're gonna intentionally foul, I prefer if:
a) You hack his arms
b) You wrap him up
c) Get between him and the basket

I don't think this is a "cheap shot" per se, but when you go over top of a guy like that, it gets dangerous. I don't think Perkins deserved a flagrant or anything, but Jennings deserved to get pissed and Perkins probably deserves to get a little something back on the other end. I don't think you can call that anything other than a personal foul, 2 shots, but I think players have a right to get upset over that kind of play.

Good post. Definitely couldn't get between him and the basket, which I would prefer too. Can be dangerous coming behind him like that. But I didn't see too much wrong withthe foul. Hard to have preferences in real time game speed.

69centers
03-12-2010, 10:07 AM
It happened to quick to be a calculating flagrant. He was just trying to stop an easy bucket.

And who does Jennings think he is going back at Baby? Davis has like 200 pounds on Jennings wet. :laugh2:

masalex1205
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Davis went after the ball, it wasn't that hard and Jennings didn't even fall down. This wouldn't have been an issue if Jennings didn't go try stand over him like a badass.

Im sure Jennings wouldn't do that if there weren't five guys to "hold him back." Davis would eat Jennings.

Brew Crew
03-12-2010, 11:23 AM
For all the Big Baby haters!

Bogut takes dump on Davis..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyK8yws7Mu4

td0tsfinest
03-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I think he tried to get the block but once he realized he couldn't get up that high, he went for the head instead.

mikantsass
03-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Not even close to a cheap shot, but I wish Jennings clocked Davis and Davis was out for the year. He blows

sep11ie
03-12-2010, 11:56 AM
It didn't really look lke he was trying to hurt him to me, looks like a big fat *** jumped while running too fast and lost control of himself. I bet Jennings woulda whooped his *** though if they woulda squared off.

TopsyTurvy
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Fair foul. It wasn't even flagrant worthy though the aftermath got ugly real quick. The question of intent certainly doesn't apply here since it's clear Davis was going for the ball at best or at worst tried to make a play in a less than ideal situation. It doesn't help Davis' case that his team has a reputation, but I don't see anything malicious there at all.

I think if fan's distance themselves from the follow-up, it becomes easy to recognize the play for what it was. After a certain fashion, you can liken the play to that of a player coming down on their ankle - nothing malicious, yet the injury remains.

Raph12
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
It was fine, that just looks like a hard foul, but if tempers were flaring, you need to tech him just to get the game back on track and keep guys in check.

Corey
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
it was a good foul.

It really was.

Just a good solid foul, in which he actually hit the ball out of Jennings' hands. He made a play on the ball, and didn't let Jennings get the shot off.

What's the big deal?

n83417
03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
It really was.

Just a good solid foul, in which he actually hit the ball out of Jennings' hands. He made a play on the ball, and didn't let Jennings get the shot off.

What's the big deal?

CORRECT!

People look for reasons to hate on the Celtics. Jennings stood over Davis like a Punkass. Davis reacted the way anyone in the NBA would.

If this was any veteran on the Bucks nothing would have happened. The sooner Jennings realizes there is no such thing as an easy bucket in the NBA, the better. Given the choice, the defender will make you earn your 2 points at the stripe.

Has it really come down to people hating on the Celtics 4th Big Man, Come on.

bostonrules37
03-12-2010, 02:59 PM

ah what ? :facepalm::faint::shrug: