PDA

View Full Version : All-Thug First Team vs. All-Sportsmanship First Team

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Who would win between the all-thug and all-sportsman team, and who would you put on each?

All Thug:

PG: Allen Iverson (14 felony and misdemeanour charges including threatening two men witha gun)
SG: Carmelo Anthony (I know he's a small forward, but I gotta put Artest there: pops up in the stop snitching videoand the cliche DUI)
SF: Ron Artest (nothing is more thub than jumping into the audience and throwing fist, not to mention the "people in my neighbourhood stabbed people on the court" speach he gave during last year's conference semi's against LA)
PF: Dale Davis (arrested and shocked with a stun gun for assault police)
C: Jayson Williams (shot and killed a dude- also tasered and reportedly shot a dog on a bet? WTF?!?!!?!?)

Coach: John Lucas (class act in my opinion, turned around his career after an addiction to cocaine and helped to turn around other troubled players careers- best guy for this job).

All-Sportsman team:

PG: Chauncey Billups (winner of the Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award and the NBA Sportsmanship award)
SG: Joe Dumars (the guy was such a class act they named the sportsmanship award trophy after him)
SF: Grant Hill (has helped to support literacy and helped fund organizations to help needy students and helped establish day care and helped with the special olympics. dude even stayed in college all foru years!)
PF: Tim Duncan (stayed un college all four years, stood behind his coach after a 6-8 start- not common among the diva palyers today, honoured by the house or representatives, contributed to foundations in the virgin islands, rasied money to fight breast and prostate cnacer and helps support a child bereavement center and a cancer treatment center).
C: Dikembe Mutumbo (donated practically all of his max contract to build a hospital in his native Zaire(now the Democratic Republic of the Congo)

Coach: Phil Jackson (couldnt think of a guy that came across as overly sportsman-like here, at least not one that stood out above all others, but I like the Zen stuff and motivational approach he uses and how he cares for players he coached even years ago, sticking up for Hodges when he got black-balled and helping with Rodman's intervention).

I'm obviously picking the All-Sportsmanship team to win.... thoughts? Did I skip over any notables on either team?

Cheers!

asandhu23
03-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Stephen Jackson...Kobe Bryant ( :hide: lakers fans ) ...?

mser58
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Ben Wallace...... Steve Nash

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Stephen Jackson...Kobe Bryant ( :hide: lakers fans ) ...?

I love the emoticon.... lol. I'm not a Kobe fan (respect the game, not the guy), but I'm not sure I'd call him a thug? Jackson I understand, but why do you think Bryant should be on the thug team? *scratches head*

Ezekial
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I really like this post, mainly because of the descriptions of why. All-thug was informative, but i could care less who the biggest thug in the NBA is.

All sportsman were good picks. Mutumbo was the man, who does **** like that? Tom Brady gets paid 3 mil a year because he he think everyone in the NFL, including him, is overpaid. And he gets 3 mil to free up cap room.
Hate Tom Brady because hes good, don't hate on Tom Brady for being a good person.

Ezekial
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I love the emoticon.... lol. I'm not a Kobe fan (respect the game, not the guy), but I'm not sure I'd call him a thug? Jackson I understand, but why do you think Bryant should be on the thug team? *scratches head*

Rape accusation? Only think I can think of other than adultery.

Evolution23
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Thugs: Iverson, Isiah, Artest, Rodman, Kenon Martin

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
All-thug was informative, but i could care less who the biggest thug in the NBA is.

All sportsman were good picks. Mutumbo was the man, who does **** like that?.

I agree completely. As a basketball fan up in Canada, in a generally white populated area, I had to hear a lot about basketball being "thug" ball, and when the Kobe rape accusation came up, it stayed in the head lines for months, and when the malice and the palace happened, same thing. These guys get the headlines but guys like Mutumbo, Hill, Dumars, Jordan and many others have done so much for people. When hurricanes hit Florida and New Orleans, practically every player ponied up money. Its sad that only the thugs get press when the true humanitarians are not on better people, they are also better players! I dont mean to knock anybody for their mistakes, especially guys who try to make their lives better (Iverson seems to be on the right path despite his recent issue- even if it has come to late- andJohn Lucas is a great example of guys who can turn their lives around), but I'd still like guys who try to make a real difference to get the headlines for a few months instead of the wanna-be thugs.

td0tsfinest
03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Melo's a thug? This ain't very G (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PgpSaUtSQ#t=0m43s)

Marbury's probably the biggest thug in the nba, he's got a star tattooed on his head.

montafan
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
sjax has got to take over for melo at sg

thedfactor
03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
That Portland Jailblazers squad

The Spurs with David Robinson

TheKing23
03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah, c'mon you gotta put Kobe in over Melo, unless you view a DUI as more thuggish than rape...

OH NO HE DI'INT (http://www.gifbin.com/bin/g6736g6419.gif)

sugarrayray
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Who would win between the all-thug and all-sportsman team, and who would you put on each?

All Thug:

PG: Allen Iverson (14 felony and misdemeanour charges including threatening two men witha gun)
SG: Carmelo Anthony (I know he's a small forward, but I gotta put Artest there: pops up in the stop snitching videoand the cliche DUI)
SF: Ron Artest (nothing is more thub than jumping into the audience and throwing fist, not to mention the "people in my neighbourhood stabbed people on the court" speach he gave during last year's conference semi's against LA)
PF: Dale Davis (arrested and shocked with a stun gun for assault police)
C: Jayson Williams (shot and killed a dude- also tasered and reportedly shot a dog on a bet? WTF?!?!!?!?)

Coach: John Lucas (class act in my opinion, turned around his career after an addiction to cocaine and helped to turn around other troubled players careers- best guy for this job).

All-Sportsman team:

PG: Chauncey Billups (winner of the Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award and the NBA Sportsmanship award)
SG: Joe Dumars (the guy was such a class act they named the sportsmanship award trophy after him)
SF: Grant Hill (has helped to support literacy and helped fund organizations to help needy students and helped establish day care and helped with the special olympics. dude even stayed in college all foru years!)
PF: Tim Duncan (stayed un college all four years, stood behind his coach after a 6-8 start- not common among the diva palyers today, honoured by the house or representatives, contributed to foundations in the virgin islands, rasied money to fight breast and prostate cnacer and helps support a child bereavement center and a cancer treatment center).
C: Dikembe Mutumbo (donated practically all of his max contract to build a hospital in his native Zaire(now the Democratic Republic of the Congo)

Coach: Phil Jackson (couldnt think of a guy that came across as overly sportsman-like here, at least not one that stood out above all others, but I like the Zen stuff and motivational approach he uses and how he cares for players he coached even years ago, sticking up for Hodges when he got black-balled and helping with Rodman's intervention).

I'm obviously picking the All-Sportsmanship team to win.... thoughts? Did I skip over any notables on either team?

Cheers!

How could you ever not have Ray Allen on the all sportsmanship team?? He's pretty much known as one of the kindest and smartest professional athletes EVER.

Also, Mutumbo is a very generous person, but he used to waive his finger in peoples faces after he blocked them, what is sportsman-like about that?

whitekimbo
03-11-2010, 07:41 PM
how is pierce not on the thug team? he throws up the B's every 5 seconds

Discr3t
03-11-2010, 07:51 PM
how is pierce not on the thug team? he throws up the B's every 5 seconds

It stands for blood, sweat and tears you moron

WadeBirdman
03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
All-Sportsmanship Captain: Dwyane Wade

RaptorizedKevin
03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
very good points. and very true.

IversonIsKrazy
03-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't put Melo on the all-thug team after his p*ssy punch on Collins. I would rather slot AI at SG, and have Marbury at PG.

But yea, if every1 was in their prime, sportsmanship team would win.

AIsixersFK
03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Damn I wish Eric Devendorf was in the NBA, he'd easily be the captain of the All-Thug team

Shahrose
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Arenas for thug pg?

AIsixersFK
03-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Arenas for thug pg?

What other point guards....hell ATHLETES have you heard of bringing GUNS into the locker room? Besides Crittenden

whitekimbo
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
It stands for blood, sweat and tears you moron

ur an idiot. hes been quoted to saying he was in a gang but hes out now.

and i know he says it means that, but its the exact bloods sign.

hes even gotten fined for flashing it. whos the moron now?

do a little research before u open ur mouth. good talk.

http://hysmd.blogspot.com/2008/04/is-paul-pierce-blood.html

watch the videos and read everything. "LMAO@ blood, sweat, and tears"

dumbass...

BenFrank
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
All Thug

Iverson
Sprewell
Melo
Garnett ( Rodman was close )
Shaq

Chris Childs get 6th man for serving up Koby

All Sportsman

Nash
J.Johnson
S.Battier
Duncan
Howard

that would be a good matchup

masalex1205
03-11-2010, 08:46 PM

Kobe is a wanksta

masalex1205
03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
All-Sportsmanship Captain: Dwyane Wade

? Every time I watch Miami, Wade can't stop whining about every call

Shane Battier is who should be the sportsmanship captain

NYYCowboys
03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
How is Mutumbo on the all sportsmanship team. Every time he blocked a shot he waved his finger in his opponents face...I wouldn't say that's very sportsman like.

n83417
03-11-2010, 08:57 PM
ur an idiot. hes been quoted to saying he was in a gang but hes out now.

and i know he says it means that, but its the exact bloods sign.

hes even gotten fined for flashing it. whos the moron now?

do a little research before u open ur mouth. good talk.

http://hysmd.blogspot.com/2008/04/is-paul-pierce-blood.html

watch the videos and read everything. "LMAO@ blood, sweat, and tears"

dumbass...

It is not the Blood gang sign at all actually. The blood sign requires both hands to be used at the same time, usually below the waste. And if you do it right, it spells out blood with your fingers. It is very distinct and recognizable, and what PP was doing... Not the Blood sign.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
do you have any idea how much money melo has donated to chairty..

n83417
03-11-2010, 09:20 PM
do you have any idea how much money melo has donated to chairty..

I remember him on Punk'd acting like a gangster

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
How could you ever not have Ray Allen on the all sportsmanship team?? He's pretty much known as one of the kindest and smartest professional athletes EVER.

Also, Mutumbo is a very generous person, but he used to waive his finger in peoples faces after he blocked them, what is sportsman-like about that?

Allen is a great guy for sure, no doubt about it. I know there are all kinds of great sportsment left off the list; Robinson, World B Free, Hakeem and Stockton to name a few. That is why I was hoping to generate conversation, more to talk about the great guys that represent the league, as opposed to the thugs. As for Mutumbo waving the finger, he was competative, but he was also a sportsman. I think you can be both. Nothing wrong with a little celebration ;-)

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, c'mon you gotta put Kobe in over Melo, unless you view a DUI as more thuggish than rape...

OH NO HE DI'INT (http://www.gifbin.com/bin/g6736g6419.gif)

Well... I didn't want to put Bryant on there for one charge that didn't even stick long enough to finish trial. We don't even know if hewas guilty for sure, and while rape is awful, it doesn't make you a thug. There are lots of fat, balding, middle age guy who commit sexual assault and are far from being "thugs". Melo on the other had popped up in a gang produced video discouraging "snitches". That pretty thug! And the DUI was just one charge. If I remember right he got pulled over in a car that had illegal narcotics in it (though his friend took the fall if I remember right, but do not quote me on that as I can't find a link and I'm going off of memory and may be mistaken).

n83417
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
The only contriversial thing Mutombo ever did was wave his finger at you. But it was his trademark. It was like Sosa hopping out of the batters box. It happens when you are competetive. All the work he did for his country has to more than outweigh the little finger wave. The guy basically played for free for 5 years to build hospitals and health related facilities in his home country.

Props to Dikembe, one of my all time favorite players

zambo4president
03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Where's Latrell Sprewell? Or Stephan Jackson?

nuggetsyankees
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
as far as Nuggets shooting guards go I think JR Smith is more of a thug than Melo

The Ooh Child
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
All Thug Team:
PG: Ron Ron
SG: Ron Ron
SF: Ron Ron
PF: Ron Ron
C: Ron Ron

Thug team wins

/thread

hans dolo
03-17-2010, 11:52 AM
how can everyone forget about one of the biggest thugs ON THE COURT, maybe not off of it, but definitely in-game thug= CHARLES OAKLEY!!

deuces
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
It is not the Blood gang sign at all actually. The blood sign requires both hands to be used at the same time, usually below the waste. And if you do it right, it spells out blood with your fingers. It is very distinct and recognizable, and what PP was doing... Not the Blood sign.

ya, you can also throw a b up to signify your affiliation with the gang known as the bloodz

deuces
03-17-2010, 11:56 AM
wow, how can you leave steve nash off of the all thug team?

Slimsim
03-17-2010, 11:59 AM
And Jr Smith dude is a blood. His number is 5 for a reason.

JayW_1023
03-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't like the thug analogy. It's asking for flame war. i like this better: the dirty scrappers vs. the talented softies:

Dirty scrappers:

John Stockton
Bruce Bowen
Dennis Rodman
Charles Oakley
Bill Laimbeer

talented softies
Gilbert Arenas
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Chris Webber
Pau Gasol