PDA

View Full Version : IF the Jazz (Knicks) gets the #1 pick what should they do?

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
What do you guys think they should do if they get the #1 Pick in the Draft. Should they draft Wall and keep him to play along side D-Will, draft and ship him for a Big, Draft a big (Cousins,Favors)???

IF it happens I'd really like to see them keep Wall. I'd like to say how something like that will work. They're both big PGs and alot of people have been saying that in the NBA Wall will be better suited as a combo guard.

What do you guys think?

td0tsfinest
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm sure some people would like to see them both like together. The problem is both players need the ball in their hands to be effective.

If I were them, I'd package the 1st for 2nd and something and draft Evan Turner or do something blockbuster and go after a big name.

Kakaroach
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
This has been debated in the Jazz forum. People have said pair Wall and Williams together while others say trade the pick or draft Evan Turner, which is where I stand on the isue.

The Knicks aren't that bad though. :shrug: But at least we'll still get a Top 7 or so pick.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
This has been debated in the Jazz forum. People have said pair Wall and Williams together while others say trade the pick or draft Evan Turner, which is where I stand on the isue.

The Knicks aren't that bad though. :shrug: But at least we'll still get a Top 7 or so pick.

Hey as it stands right now you guys have a 5.4 % chance of winning the lottery. Stranger things has happen before.

Ezekial
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey as it stands right now you guys have a 5.4 % chance of winning the lottery. Stranger things has happen before.

Need I remind you of Fate bringing D-Rose to Chicago, i think they had like 1.8% or like 2.4%..

Carey
03-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Take some looking for a savior and make them overpay while still getting a lottery pick, Evan Turner would be nice with them.

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I think they should trade down and take turner.

td0tsfinest
03-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Need I remind you of Fate bringing D-Rose to Chicago, i think they had like 1.8% or like 2.4%..

Is that what you kids call "a fixed plan" now a days?

:D

asandhu23
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM

fate also brought lebron to cleveland....

Draco
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM

1.7% chance. :)

Pierzynski4Prez
03-11-2010, 06:21 PM
So is the pick not protected at all?

Kakaroach
03-11-2010, 06:24 PM
So is the pick not protected at all? Nope, no protection.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
So is the pick not protected at all?

simple answer to that question. Its the Knicks! nuff said.

DerekRE_3
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Evan Turner would be the perfect fit for the Jazz I think. Of course...I think Turner would fit a lot of teams, love how he plays.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Nope, no protection.

Well then, the Jazz are in tremendous shape if they do win the lottery. They obviously need to be in a win now mode, so their best option should be to either trade down for Turner, or simply trade the pick, packaging it with AK's contract for a nice all-star caliber player in return.

knickerbockerny
03-11-2010, 06:31 PM
To bad they are not going to get the first pick, they are going to be around 6-9. By then all of the can't miss studs will be off the board. Also Boozer is likely to bolt, so I see Patrick Patterson or Greg Monroe replacing him.

DerekRE_3
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
To bad they are not going to get the first pick, they are going to be around 6-9. By then all of the can't miss studs will be off the board. Also Boozer is likely to bolt, so I see Patrick Patterson or Greg Monroe replacing him.

Ever heard of Paul Millsap?

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
The Jazz have a lot of choices to mull over. If they get the number one pick, then I think Wall deserves serious consideration, especially if they could trade D-Will for a great shooting guard, or a big.

The Jazz have a lot of free agents: Boozer, Okur and Krover (I think). If they lose Boozer and Okur to free agency, there will be some serious holes to fill. Trading D-Will for a young shooting guard with a small contract could lower salary, while Wall's contract would be relatively small since he's a rookie, allowing the Jazz to re-sign their bigs. But Wall is unproven in the NBA despite his obvious success in NCAA, and could be the next Bo Kimble instead of the next Gary Payton. You never know.

What the Jazz do with thier pick, regardless of how high it is, depends entirely on what happens with their free agents and what they are willing to pay to contend!

jimbobjarree

wahayyyyyyy thanks for the pick buddy! :clap:

I still think we have to take Wall and play him as an off guard, but I'm with alot of you, Turner is definitely top of my wishlist in this years draft. I think we will be more in the 4-8 region though so players like Wes Johnson or Cole Aldrich are more likely but with the Knicks schedule and only being 1 game outta projected 4th anything is possible I guess.

and to anyone who mentions it, I think theres a 0% chance we trade Deron Williams

knickerbockerny
Ever heard of Paul Millsap?

Okay even if the Jazz are in position to pick the best player available after the top 6 on the big board, there is a huge drop off in talent. This year is not as deep as last.

DerekRE_3
03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Okay even if the Jazz are in position to pick the best player available after the top 6 on the big board, there is a huge drop off in talent. This year is not as deep as last.

Who says they aren't in the top 5 this year?

knickerbockerny
03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Who says they aren't in the top 5 this year?

I'm saying it. The Knicks are struggling, I'll admit, but I don't see them dropping past having the 7th worst record, finishing the season. Going into the lottery the chances of that pick moving back instead of up is greater.

thedfactor
03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Trade the first pick to the team with the second pick for a solid role player on their team and their 2nd pick. That team will then take John Wall which Jazz don't need and then with the 2nd pick draft Evan Turner.

mavwar53
03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Turner, if they cant trade down to get him just take him, but would be best for the Jazz if they could trade down to 2nd for him.

Hopefully the warriors have the first or second pick so I would hope the warriors would be the ones getting turner.

jimbobjarree
03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm saying it. The Knicks are struggling, I'll admit, but I don't see them dropping past having the 7th worst record, finishing the season. Going into the lottery the chances of that pick moving back instead of up is greater.

I applaud your optimism, but the Knicks have 12 road games to 6 home games (only 6 games left against teams with losing records too), and even then their home games include Houston, Denver, Boston and Miami which will be tough going. 4 more games on this road trip and then another 5 game western swing at the end of the month. I think theres a great chance of you having worse than the 7th worst record.

Cavs_Fan24
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
I would trade down and try and get either evan turner or demarcus cousins. If boozer stays though I would go for turner cuz having boozer, okur, millsap, koufos there won't be room for cousins.

knickerbockerny
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I applaud your optimism, but the Knicks have 12 road games to 6 home games (only 6 games left against teams with losing records too), and even then their home games include Houston, Denver, Boston and Miami which will be tough going. 4 more games on this road trip and then another 5 game western swing at the end of the month. I think theres a great chance of you having worse than the 7th worst record.

Hey Jim me and you have been going back and forth all year about this. I'm willing to sig bet you or go out on a limb and say the Knicks have a better record than the Jazz next year. That right there you could mark it on the wall.

DerekRE_3
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Jim me and you have been going back and forth all year about this. I'm willing to sig bet you or go out on a limb and say the Knicks have a better record than the Jazz next year. That right there you could mark it on the wall.

OOOO Jimbob you need to be all over that. I'm in.

Sportfan
03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Evan Turner would be a perfect fit, giving Dwill a quality wing to work with. I could see them trading down

TheKing23
03-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow... Imagine a Deron Williams/Evan Turner backcourt.

:drool:

JermanJaysFan
03-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Since so much of the big name FA market this offseason will likely be sign-and-trade stuff, that 1st+contracts could be mighty attractive in terms of bringing in some top flight talent.

D-Will4Prez
03-11-2010, 07:10 PM

^^ Championship.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-11-2010, 07:11 PM
UTAH fans keep counting on the knicks to help u out. Just when you count them out they will disappoint you with a win or two that will burn your chances. This team is big on let downs and our luck will pass on 2 u this draft. Jus playin devil advocate. LOL

Kakaroach
03-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey Jim me and you have been going back and forth all year about this. I'm willing to sig bet you or go out on a limb and say the Knicks have a better record than the Jazz next year. That right there you could mark it on the wall. Jazz fans could care less about the Knicks next year. It all matters about them this year.

And Evan Turner I would absolutely love.

alencp3
03-11-2010, 07:16 PM

Wesley Johnson and Hassan Whiteside would be a good fit too

3RDASYSTEM
03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
It amazes me how much i read on here how players ''need the ball in their hands to be effective" last time i checked every big time player that i can recall need/had the ball to be effective, thats how you put up numbers and win games....

arkanian215
03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
They better not get the first pick. Lord knows we need it.

TheShock45
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM

is fat ethe right word? they had the highest chance of winning the 1st overall and pick and there draft lottery representative showed up in a LeBron James Authentic they were almost positive for a year they would get him, yea i guess it would be fate haha.

ldc62
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Draft John Wall. Trade Deron Williams to the Raptors. That will make Bosh stay.

Im not really serious... this is all speculation after all.

Derick713
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Wall and Williams wouldn't work together. Wall doesn't have ideal size or shooting touch to play the 2. Wall wouldn't be the same player next to Williams since his role would be reduced to defense and shooting. Maybe the GM for the Jazz will keep Wall and try and to make a Williams and Wall combination work. Evan Turner might be ahead of Wall on the Jazz’s list of good fits.

The Jazz need to replace Boozer if they aren't able to resign him. The Jazz could also use an upgrade at SG since they traded Brewer. I could see the Jazz trading down or drafting Wall and dealing him to a team for a PF. I get the sense the Jazz are more interested in a PF. I see the Jazz targeting one of Cole Aldridge, Derrick Favors, or Greg Monroe. Cousins is also a possibility if the Jazz see him a good shot blocker.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
They better not get the first pick. Lord knows we need it.

New Jersey def does not need it. Ur talent does not reflect ur record. One former allstar. A future all star in Lopez if he keeps developing. And twill and CDR on the wings... Ur really not in that bad of shape. But I wont hate if u guys won it though.

Derick713
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
The Jazz might opt to take Turner since he could provide stability at the 2 and 3 for the Jazz once Korver, Johnson, and the other wings get to expensive. The Jazz need to address SG and PF above all else. If the Jazz keep Wall they might believe that Williams will leave.

The problem for the Jazz is that if the T-Wolves get the 2nd Pick then it’ll be hard to trade down since the T-Wolves don’t need Wall. The Nets, Warriors, Kings, and many of the lottery teams have good PG’s. The Pacers are the only team that has a desperate need at PG.

THE_FLASH_21
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
The Jazz have a lot of choices to mull over. If they get the number one pick, then I think Wall deserves serious consideration, especially if they could trade D-Will for a great shooting guard, or a big.

The Jazz have a lot of free agents: Boozer, Okur and Krover (I think). If they lose Boozer and Okur to free agency, there will be some serious holes to fill. Trading D-Will for a young shooting guard with a small contract could lower salary, while Wall's contract would be relatively small since he's a rookie, allowing the Jazz to re-sign their bigs. But Wall is unproven in the NBA despite his obvious success in NCAA, and could be the next Bo Kimble instead of the next Gary Payton. You never know.

What the Jazz do with thier pick, regardless of how high it is, depends entirely on what happens with their free agents and what they are willing to pay to contend!

LOL... Deron Williams is the Best PG in the league.. Or a really close 2nd to Paul.. Why the hell would we trade DW?? to bring in Wall?? Wall has to many T.O and the Utah system takes 2 to 3 years to learn.. This is probably the worst post ever!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

Big Quett
03-12-2010, 05:19 AM
LOL... Deron Williams is the Best PG in the league.. Or a really close 2nd to Paul.. Why the hell would we trade DW?? to bring in Wall?? Wall has to many T.O and the Utah system takes 2 to 3 years to learn.. This is probably the worst post ever!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

IDK...i think it might be tied with all the people talking about trading CP3 because of Darren Collison

alencp3
03-12-2010, 05:41 AM
IDK...i think it might be tied with all the people talking about trading CP3 because of Darren Collison

:)

Jumba
03-13-2010, 01:09 AM
We'll trade D.Will and the knicks pick back to the knicks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAh

Hey Man
03-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Turner, if they cant trade down to get him just take him, but would be best for the Jazz if they could trade down to 2nd for him.

Hopefully the warriors have the first or second pick so I would hope the warriors would be the ones getting turner.

NO! You take Jordan over Bowie every time. doesn't matter about position especially when it is a consensus #1

xxseven72ducexx
03-13-2010, 01:19 AM
this is ********...the nets are gonna get the number 1 pick without a doubt...but the jazz will get a top 5 pick and thats ridiculous considering theyre one of the best teams in the league...if i were them id draft a good 2-guard, evan turner if possible, and if that happens then the jazz are gonna b craaazy

NYK_kidd77
03-13-2010, 01:51 AM
I dont think the Jazz will get the 1st or even second pick but they will be getting a very good pick prob around 5-8.

Raph12
03-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Trade D-Will to the Magic!!!

Just kidding lol, if they don't get a big name for Wall, they keep both.

MacFitz92
03-13-2010, 02:01 AM
this is ********...the nets are gonna get the number 1 pick without a doubt...but the jazz will get a top 5 pick and thats ridiculous considering theyre one of the best teams in the league...if i were them id draft a good 2-guard, evan turner if possible, and if that happens then the jazz are gonna b craaazy

You obviously have no idea how the NBA Draft works, and don't even know what the lottery is. I could rip on you some more, but i'l leave it at this:

:facepalm:

DodgerBulls
03-13-2010, 02:10 AM

there is actually a difference between the cavs and the bulls. Cavs (might have or might have not) tanked the season to get the highest %, which is 25%, of getting Lebron. Meanwhile, the Bulls had the 9th worst record and only had 1.7% of getting the number one pick.

DodgerBulls
03-13-2010, 02:15 AM

IT IS A GOD DAMN LOTTERY!! I'd go buy me a lottery ticket because there is no doubt that I will win millions of dollars with the other millions of people out there. I do hope that I doubled up my $1.

theimortalone
03-13-2010, 02:17 AM

What the :censored: :confused: Holy **** son!

HiphopRelated
03-13-2010, 09:13 AM
draft Wall then package him with Kirilenko for Turner

Swashcuff
03-13-2010, 09:41 AM

b_russ
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM

What the h***?

Swashcuff
03-13-2010, 10:20 AM
What the *******?

FIXED x2

J_M_B
03-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I would trade the pick..

J_M_B
03-13-2010, 11:24 AM

What? :facepalm:

J_M_B
03-13-2010, 11:26 AM

It's a lottery!!!

TheRazorboy
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Has somebody mentioned that it's a lottery yet?

Anyone?

Kakaroach
03-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't know I still don't like John Wall paired with D. Will. I say we not risk anything and just draft Evan Turner if we were to get the #1 pick. very unlikely, but ya never know.

R_O_W_E
03-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't know I still don't like John Wall paired with D. Will. I say we not risk anything and just draft Evan Turner if we were to get the #1 pick. very unlikely, but ya never know.

I agree.

John Wall doesn't fit alongside D-Will considering Wall needs the ball in his hands and moving him to the SG position takes away his advantage against most PG's based on his size/speed/athleticism.

Evan Turner is the perfect fit next to D-Will, hes actually a secondary ballhandler who is an ideal SG in the NBA. When D-Will is tired, you can slide over Turner to PG and play with a big lineup.

Just looking at the teams with the best chance to get Wall, only the Pacers and Kings can draft Wall without having to make a dramatic move to dump their current PG. Teams like Minnesota, New Jersey, Golden State, Detroit, Philly, etc would have to figure out a way to move their current PG to hand the team over to Wall.

b_russ
03-13-2010, 01:50 PM
You don't take Turner at #1 though. If Utah's FO decides that Turner's the guy, then you trade down to #2.

Chronz
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Trade it to the lakers for an aging star

Sadds The Gr8
03-13-2010, 02:07 PM

J-Relo
03-13-2010, 02:13 PM
You don't take Turner at #1 though. If Utah's FO decides that Turner's the guy, then you trade down to #2.

yes... if Utah get #1 pick, John Wall still will be drafted #1 either way

Meth
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I give props to people thinks the Number 1 pick is guaranteed to the Nets.

Again, this is the lottery, and even the predicted #14 could get #1.

Bucsfan
03-13-2010, 09:36 PM
if utah gets the #1 pick i say draft wall and see what you can get for him, somebody has to be desperate for him, i like turner but the back thing kinda has me worried, if nothing else do a sign and trade for bosh a big man, the one thing the jazz need

either way the jazz should go big guy or SG, the two biggest needs, its honestly a BPA type of pick

Go JAZZ, hopefully the knicks lose the rest of their games :)

Cromedome
03-13-2010, 10:16 PM
simple answer to that question. Its the Knicks! nuff said.

If the Knicks get good next year...please don't come anywhere near the bandwagon.

Swashcuff
03-13-2010, 10:27 PM
If the Knicks get good next year...please don't come anywhere near the bandwagon.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lolololol. Sigh! I have been a New fan from the out set but they have surely made more that a few BONEHEAD decisions which is the reason why they are deserving of this kind of ridicule. Bandwagon??? Lmao!

Bucsfan
03-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Trade it to the lakers for an aging star

sorry the jazz arent that dumb, we arent the grizzlies, if the jazz trade it it should be to a EC team

Cromedome
03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lolololol. Sigh! I have been a New fan from the out set but they have surely made more that a few BONEHEAD decisions which is the reason why they are deserving of this kind of ridicule. Bandwagon??? Lmao!

Lmao at the word bandwagon? Please don't root for this team at all next year. How's that?

icon1914
03-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Being a Knicks fan it hurts me to even see this thread.... but to be honest if they net the #1 pick they should get John Wall... what they do after that is up in the air, but don't pass on Wall.... I still don't see them getting the number 1.... our luck is bad, but not that bad... I hope.

Swashcuff
03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Lmao at the word bandwagon? Please don't root for this team at all next year. How's that?

I am not a bandwagoner i am a BASKETBALL fan. I am not interested in rooting for a player or a team when they're hot. I catch up on as much basketball games as I can no matter who's playing. I am an avid follower of the knicks and their runnings and Knicks fans more than anyone can tell you at they amount of stupid decisions their management has made over the past 5 or so years.

And you telling me not to root for a team because of one comment I made is utterly ridiculous. I am a 76er fan and I often ridicule their head coaching decisions so what are you saying if someone says one bad thing about a team they should not root for them? Sigh

McKinnon91
03-14-2010, 05:05 AM
If the Knicks get the number one, they NEED to draft John Wall. He is the only lock to give them a future. Outside teams like Boston, New Orleans, Jazz, etc. with young dominant point guards like Rondo, Paul, Willams, any team would be lucky to have John Wall. He isn't as much of a lock at #1 like Lebron, but any team to get the one and skip him will regret it.

The Jazz need to target Evan Turner if they keep Boozer, but if they don't a Monroe, Favors, or Cousins would be a good choice.

J-Relo
03-14-2010, 05:25 AM
If the Knicks get the number one, they NEED to draft John Wall. He is the only lock to give them a future. Outside teams like Boston, New Orleans, Jazz, etc. with young dominant point guards like Rondo, Paul, Willams, any team would be lucky to have John Wall. He isn't as much of a lock at #1 like Lebron, but any team to get the one and skip him will regret it.

The Jazz need to target Evan Turner if they keep Boozer, but if they don't a Monroe, Favors, or Cousins would be a good choice.

Knicks are not getting Wall, Jazz might with their pick.

RaptorizedKevin
03-14-2010, 10:25 AM
trade john wall and someone else like for a sick 2 guard.