PDA

View Full Version : the Seattle Supersonics were the best team ever in the NBA

dev0
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
well, maybe not best, but according to this stat they were at least the "least worst"
as the nets head towards their lowest win total in club history, I decided to look up what each team's worst record was. Seattle is tied with Utah for the best worst record as neither team has ever finished a season with fewer then 23 wins
http://pw1.netcom.com/~bjalas/basketball/nba_worst_records_by_team.htm
your thoughts?

GodsSon
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Clay Bennett is a piece of ****

Ty Fast
03-11-2010, 03:00 PM
the 97 - 98 were pretty good too. that was mj's 6th title

Super.
03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Interesting Stat

BOSTON617
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
i miss the supersonics :cry:

Carey
03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I miss my Sonics!

JayW_1023
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Shawn Kemp was scary before he got fat. What an athletic freak he was. Distant memory now.

I like Payton, but he has been so overrated as a defender throughout his career.

Paulliwali
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
cool

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I also miss the Super Sonics :-(
What is Ice Cube going to throw in "It Was A Good Day", the Lakers beat the "O-K-C thunder"? I mean it just doesn't sound right?

Cavs_Fan24
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I miss the sonics. Interesting stay though. Nice find.

Baller1
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
**** Clay Bennett.
**** David Stern.
**** the Washington Legislature.

Durant should be doing this in Seattle right now.

bigsams50
03-11-2010, 08:11 PM
http://soulhonky.com/candanny/durant-and-green-2.jpg

This is how it should be

AirCanada15ORL
03-11-2010, 08:12 PM
There should be a Supersonice section of PSD so everyone can reminise about such an awesome ball club.

marvILLous
03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
i also miss the super sonics :-(
what is ice cube going to throw in "it was a good day", the lakers beat the "o-k-c thunder"? I mean it just doesn't sound right?

LOL hahaha

Hellcrooner
03-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I miss them.

Move the THunder, Raptors or Grizlies to Seattle please!!!

B.JenningsMVP
03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
http://soulhonky.com/candanny/durant-and-green-2.jpg

This is how it should be

They had some of the nicest jerseys in the league IMO

soonabooma
03-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Screw Seattle. They jacked around and it was their own fault they lost that team. Seattle might be a top tier city, but trust me......this franchise is seeing fan support it hasn't seen in over 10 years. Oklahoma isn't just a football place, the people here know their sports and they love sports with a passion. That team with those players was meant to be here. Sorry but that's life.....deal with it.

Jack of Blades
03-12-2010, 12:36 AM
What is Ice Cube going to throw in "It Was A Good Day", the Lakers beat the "O-K-C thunder"? I mean it just doesn't sound right?

lol

Havoc Wreaker
03-12-2010, 01:01 AM
This thread can only have one answer

Shawn Kemp.

Sinattle
03-12-2010, 01:16 AM

Shawn Kemp.

Who was traded for Fat Baker

Hey Man
03-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Every time I see "Supersonics" i get mad. If you havent seen sonicgate you should.

todu82
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks for sharing this. I miss the Supersonics as well.

JayW_1023
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Hersey Hawkins

Coolest name ever. He sounds like a super hero.

And of course they had Detlef Schrlfffffemppfffffhhhh at SF spot. They gave the Bulls a helluva series. Chicago had no answer for Kemp.

Seattlesports
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Its nice to see all the love for the team was stolen from the 206. I cant even begin to image if the thunder were here doing what they are doing there what this town would be doing. I bet if the sonics where still here we get one of the F 'A this summer to play with Durant.

Trouble87
03-16-2010, 08:58 PM
stat that means nothing but I think the Grizz should be moved to Seattle

soonabooma
03-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Its nice to see all the love for the team was stolen from the 206. I cant even begin to image if the thunder were here doing what they are doing there what this town would be doing. I bet if the sonics where still here we get one of the F 'A this summer to play with Durant.

Then your city should have taken it more seriously instead of taking them for granted. Being an NBA city is just as much a privilege as anything else, but Seattle didn't treat it that way. They thought they were gonna get a free pass forever based on PAST support, and it doesn't work that way. There were things that needed to be done, and you guys refused to do it. You tried to make a statement, and it cost you your team. When guys like Schultz, Stern, and Bennett tell you that certain things need to be done or there will be consequences and you guys just laugh at them and brush it off like you're trying to call their bluff.......it makes you look really, really STUPID. You had all the chances in the world to make things right, and you chose not to becuz you were too arrogant and stubborn. So in the end, that team absolutely does belong HERE, not there. That's life, deal with it.:dance:

Seattlesports
03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah I will make sure to catch a game on tnt or espn.

wileyisTOFU
03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
**** clay bennett.
**** david stern.
**** the washington legislature.

Durant should be doing this in seattle right now.

+1

GodsSon
03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Then your city should have taken it more seriously instead of taking them for granted. Being an NBA city is just as much a privilege as anything else, but Seattle didn't treat it that way. They thought they were gonna get a free pass forever based on PAST support, and it doesn't work that way. There were things that needed to be done, and you guys refused to do it. You tried to make a statement, and it cost you your team. When guys like Schultz, Stern, and Bennett tell you that certain things need to be done or there will be consequences and you guys just laugh at them and brush it off like you're trying to call their bluff.......it makes you look really, really STUPID. You had all the chances in the world to make things right, and you chose not to becuz you were too arrogant and stubborn. So in the end, that team absolutely does belong HERE, not there. That's life, deal with it.:dance:

If Durant bails on that team you can kiss that franchise goodbye lol

king4day
03-17-2010, 01:57 PM

Just rolllllllllllllllllls right off the tongue :D

king4day
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM

I don't think Sonics fans deserved that. Fans don't really have a say in it.
You should write a letter to the old sonics owner.

Jepetto1872
03-17-2010, 02:02 PM

You're an idiot. Wait until the franchise is on a downturn and the team isn't very good. See how many fans continue to show up. Seattle had good fan support for a team the traded away main pieces to rebuild.

macc
03-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I miss the Shawn Kemp shoes.

smith&wesson
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
one thing is for sure. "thunder" is the worst name for a bakset ball team....

thunder sounds like an american gladiator. why couldnt they leave the name as supersonics that was a great great name. i dont care where they play... but the thunder jerseys dont do justic to the team. the logo the name it all sux.

the team is full of stud players though. wish they were called the supersonics. what a badass name.

Punkindrublic03
03-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I miss my Sonics!

I miss the sonics. Interesting stay though. Nice find.

**** Clay Bennett.
**** David Stern.
**** the Washington Legislature.

Durant should be doing this in Seattle right now.

There should be a Supersonice section of PSD so everyone can reminise about such an awesome ball club.

They had some of the nicest jerseys in the league IMO

Shawn Kemp.

Thanks for sharing this. I miss the Supersonics as well.

I don't think Sonics fans deserved that. Fans don't really have a say in it.
You should write a letter to the old sonics owner.

You're an idiot. Wait until the franchise is on a downturn and the team isn't very good. See how many fans continue to show up. Seattle had good fan support for a team the traded away main pieces to rebuild.

I miss the Shawn Kemp shoes.

Thank you guys for the kind words about my favorite sports franchise of all time. It's nice to know that there are other fans that miss the Supersonics as well, besides the sonics fan base. If you guys haven't seen the documentary SONICSGATE, please follow the link on my sig and take the time to watch the movie. Don't let this happen to your favorite team or city, Don't let David Stern **** your city/nba franchise. Again... http://sonicsgate.org

Thanks dudes!

avrpatsfan
03-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Clay Bennett is a piece of ****

Agreed. David Stern screwed up big time. At least OKC is doing well. Here is a great documentary on it. http://sonicsgate.org/

Giraffes Rule
03-17-2010, 02:17 PM
The Spurs are tied for third on that list, and the year after they drafted Duncan. :D Sucking pays off.