PDA

View Full Version : Best Left Handed NBA Players

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
This is my list of retired players

I think #1 is a no doubted being Bill Russell. But what about 2-10???

Here are my choices

1.Bill Russell (Care to count my rings???)
2.David “ The Admiral” Robinson (ROY, DPOY, MVP, Champ)
3.Willis “The Captain” Reed (ROY, MVP, 2 Time Finals MVP, 2 Time Champ)
4.Dave “The Cow” Cowens (ROY, MVP, 2 Time Champ)
5.Nate “Tiny” Archibald (Champ, Only player ever to lead the league in ppg & apg in the same season)
6.Billy “Kangaroo Kid” Cunningham (4 Time All-Star, 3 Time All NBA First Team)
7.Chris “Mullie” Mullin (5 Time All-Star, 2 Time Olympic Gold, Deadly 3 Ball)
8.Gail “Stumpy” Goodrich (5 Time All-Star, 1 Time All NBA First Team)
9.Lenny Wilkens (9 Time All-Star, One of the Best PGs ever)
10.Bob Lanier (6 Time All-Star, Size 22 shoe)

Honourable mentions... Mart Eaton, Toni Kukoc, Sam Perkins, Derrick Coleman, Wayman Tisdale,

Here are my current Choices

1.Chris Bosh (No doubt about it)
2.Zach Randolph (Largely based on his play this season)
3.Josh Smith (Really coming into his own as a complete basketball player)
4.David Lee (I think he’s be considered ambidextrous now though)
5.Manu Giniboli(Has regressed this season but he is still Manu)
6.Lamar Odom (He could easily average 16, 11 and 5 as a starter)
7.Michael Redd (If he was consistently healthy he would be top 3)
8.Michael Beasley (Just too inconsistent)
9.Troy Murphy (His play really goes unrecognised playing for the Pacers)
10.Thaddeus Young (Given the starting minutes he could be on the way up)

Honourable mention... Tayshaun Prince (tough to leave him out of my 10), Andres Biedrins, Brandon Jennings, James Harden & Mike Conley (Future)

What do you guys think and who do you got?

Note: both Larry Bird and LeBron write with their left hands but shoot right handed so they are not included.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Lefties aint getting no love.

thedfactor
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Michael Redd should not be on the list, despite the "IF not injured" part.

Tayshaun should be up there over Redd, and even Derek Fisher for all the big shots he hits.

JayW_1023
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Manumanumanumanumanumanu!!

thescore53
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
boshhhhhhhhhh

hvg
03-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I would Brandon Jennings on that list, for sheer potential if nothing else.

RadiantShot
03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Me.

unwantedplayer
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Isn't LeBron left handed?

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Isn't LeBron left handed?

read the last part of the original post

jetsfan28
03-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I agree with both, except Prince over Redd, who has simply been hurt too much to be considered a sure thing at this point.

arkanian215
03-11-2010, 05:05 PM

Here are my choices

5.Nate “Tiny” Archibald (Champ, Only player ever to lead the league in ppg & apg in the same season)

Honourable mentions... Mart Eaton, Toni Kukoc, Sam Perkins, Derrick Coleman, Wayman Tisdale,

6.Lamar Odom (He could easily average 16, 11 and 5 as a starter)
7.Michael Redd (If he was consistently healthy he would be top 3)

Honourable mention... Tayshaun Prince (tough to leave him out of my 10), Andres Biedrins, Brandon Jennings, James Harden & Mike Conley (Future)

Note: both Larry Bird and LeBron write with their left hands but shoot right handed so they are not included.

I thought a lot of lefties were taught to play sports with their right hands? My friend writes lefty and shoots righty as well. His left is his naturally dominant hand.

jetsfan28
03-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I thought a lot of lefties were taught to play sports with their right hands? My friend writes lefty and shoots righty as well. His left is his naturally dominant hand.

They are. Which is why he didn't include them. They play primarily with their right hand.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree with both, except Prince over Redd, who has simply been hurt too much to be considered a sure thing at this point.

i just base it on what Redd can do when healthy. Tay is a better defender by far but we all know Redd is no scrub. I'm basing this on Redd's his health. When healthy and on the court he is no doubt a Top 5 SG.

mavwar53
03-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Anthony Randolph will be on that list of current players next year if he can stay healthy and the warriors let Nellie go.

Giraffes Rule
03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I know I'm biased as a Spurs fan, but I would put Manu at number 2 on the current list. Randolph has played well this year, but Manu was just flat out unstoppable and now that he's healthy he's nearly as good as he's ever been right now.

Gibby23
03-11-2010, 05:34 PM

Here are my choices

6.Lamar Odom (He could easily average 16, 11 and 5 as a starter)7.Michael Redd (If he was consistently healthy he would be top 3)

You can't say he would easily average 16, 11, and 5. He has been a starter and has never had an average stat line of 16, 11, and 5.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
You can't say he would easily average 16, 11, and 5. He has been a starter and has never had an average stat line of 16, 11, and 5.

Point taken and especially with Pau or Andrew being the other starter he may not be able to get to 11 over the course of a season. He was sure close to that in 06-07 granted he was injured for quite some time. But early in his career he was not as a good a rebounder as he is now and over the past 3 season he has shown that given the chance he can really dominate on the glass. Easily may have been the wrong word but its not outside his realm of possibility even at this stage in his career.

MELO 15
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
TONI KUKOC, I might spelled his name wrong, I apologise for that, but he was one of the best left handers to ever do it. Like a lamar odom, but better.

td0tsfinest
03-11-2010, 06:48 PM
This guy is going to run JB out of a job. :p

I'd say Chris Bosh. Not being a homer. He's the best lefty in the game right now.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
This guy is going to run JB out of a job. :p

I'd say Chris Bosh. Not being a homer. He's the best lefty in the game right now.

Lol good one.

ItsTheLastAce
03-11-2010, 08:24 PM

same with my friend he watched basketball seeing everyone shooting right handed so growing up he shot and dribbled with his right, now hes able to use both very well.

Shady66
03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Goran Dragic.
that is all
:)

sugarrayray
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
No Brandon Jennings but Beasley? Jennings is already much more valuable than Beasley. And has much more potential. Troy Murphy is good, but Jennings is better. Same with Thad Young.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Howard is technically left handed.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
No Brandon Jennings but Beasley? Jennings is already much more valuable than Beasley. And has much more potential. Troy Murphy is good, but Jennings is better. Same with Thad Young.

you are making a homer pic. The guy has great potential and can be a stud but the last few months he has been spotty at best. This is the NBA 82 games. Not HS not Europe. He has really regressed in the scoring and that really hurt his game. He is playing very well otherwise but its just my opinion you list top 10 then.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Howard is technically left handed.

how so?

dtmagnet
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
same with my friend he watched basketball seeing everyone shooting right handed so growing up he shot and dribbled with his right, now hes able to use both very well.

We kind of do it the opposite way in Canada, lots of right-handed people are taught to play hockey left-handed. That also translates itself into other sports like baseball, where I throw right handed but bat left handed.

Bausman
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
i just base it on what Redd can do when healthy. Tay is a better defender by far but we all know Redd is no scrub. I'm basing this on Redd's his health. When healthy and on the court he is no doubt a Top 5 SG.

Helll Nooooo!

I can easily think of 15 to 20 SGs, of the top of my head, that
I would take over him.

Kobe, Wade, Durant (sf? i dont care.. can still play sg bettter than redd), Joe Johnson, Roy, Martin, VC, Manu, Richardson, and old washed up AI, AI2, Ray Allen, Hamilton, JR Smith (hate his attitude but still... )OJ, **** i would prolly take ben gordon over him too and i hate small SGs that cant D, Jamal Crawford, Ariza, Monta Ellis, and Tmac in a suit.

Redd is a very over rated player and I would take alot of sf's and pg's to play sg over him. He made the olympic team cuz he wore a suit to the interview and said he was fine with being a role player and not getting minutes. Cuz he knows his role.... sit on the bench and watch the good players play.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Helll Nooooo!

I can easily think of 15 to 20 SGs, of the top of my head, that
I would take over him.

Kobe, Wade, Durant (sf? i dont care.. can still play sg bettter than redd), Joe Johnson, Roy, Martin, VC, Manu, Richardson, and old washed up AI, AI2, Ray Allen, Hamilton, JR Smith (hate his attitude but still... )OJ, **** i would prolly take ben gordon over him too and i hate small SGs that cant D, Jamal Crawford, Ariza, Monta Ellis, and Tmac in a suit.

Redd is a very over rated player and I would take alot of sf's and pg's to play sg over him. He made the olympic team cuz he wore a suit to the interview and said he was fine with being a role player and not getting minutes. Cuz he knows his role.... sit on the bench and watch the good players play.

Lol very amusing post. Just shows how limited your basketball knowledge is. Im not even going to debate with someone as ignorant as yourself.

Bausman
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Lol very amusing post. Just shows how limited your basketball knowledge is. Im not even going to debate with someone as ignorant as yourself.

Ya thats prolly a good idea not to debate with me since i would embarrass you. If you wanna compare basketball knowlege maybe we can compare basketball resumes. If you would take Redd on your team over most of those players your team is ****. There can be an arguement for taking him over maybe 5 of those players mentioned but it would depend on the rest of your team. If you would take him over Kobe, wade, roy, jj, durant then please delete your PSD account now.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-11-2010, 09:46 PM
how so?

He was born left handed.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Ya thats prolly a good idea not to debate with me since i would embarrass you. If you wanna compare basketball knowlege maybe we can compare basketball resumes. If you would take Redd on your team over most of those players your team is ****. There can be an arguement for taking him over maybe 5 of those players mentioned but it would depend on the rest of your team. If you would take him over Kobe, wade, roy, jj, durant then please delete your PSD account now.

KOBE, WADE, ROY, JJ. My math must be sketchy but I do believe you said 15-20 and I only count 4 here. The rest is up for grabs i mean are you forgetting who the **** Michael Redd was when he was healthy. Durant is a SF sigh. You are such a tool. 6 str8 seasons of 21+ ppg. Did you mention something about resume??? Name me 10 SGs in the league that has done that? I don't know why I am wasting my time because I mean you just said Trevor Ariza is a better shooting guard than Michael Redd. Kevin Martin, Monta Ellis, Manu, Ray Allen, Vince, OJ you can make a case for. Kevin Martin and Monta being the only logical ones.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
He was born left handed.

I didnt even know that. But he still wont qualify because in basketball his dominant hand is his right.

lorenz00
03-11-2010, 10:01 PM
wtf>? how can u guys misout deron williams his the best player (lefty) in the nba right now second bosh

Bausman
03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
KOBE, WADE, ROY, JJ. My math must be sketchy but I do believe you said 15-20 and I only count 4 here. The rest is up for grabs i mean are you forgetting who the **** Michael Redd was when he was healthy. Durant is a SF sigh. You are such a tool. 6 str8 seasons of 21+ ppg. Did you mention something about resume??? Name me 10 SGs in the league that has done that? I don't know why I am wasting my time because I mean you just said Trevor Ariza is a better shooting guard than Michael Redd. Kevin Martin, Monta Ellis, Manu, Ray Allen, Vince, OJ you can make a case for. Kevin Martin and Monta being the only logical ones.

Read the first post I made that you replied to in this post (tool)... I listed more than 15-20. When i mention resumes I ment mine and yours(tool).
21ppg dont mean **** when the opposing sg averages over 21 on him. He needs to take out his tampon and D up. He is a vagina. Please tell me what his career fg % is. I have no idea but i guarentee it is not good. He is a great shooter but always on a terrible team and is/was supposed to be the main guy. That means he is not a great player but just a great shooter. He shoulda took less money and went to play in CLE with Bron instead of chasing the money and being a ****** franchise player. (tool)

Bausman
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM

And yes your math is scetchy because after those first 4 (ok lets not incluse durant who came in the nba as a sg) you also listed martin and monta as the 'only other logical ones' which makes 6. The reason i only listed those 5(including durrant) is because without a doubt they are the top 5 sgs in the nba. Does that not eliminate Redd as being a top 5 sg?

Just shows how limited your basketball knowledge is(and math). You should not debate with people when you are as ignorant as yourself.

Bausman
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I started a thread asking if Redd is a top 5 SG. Go look for yourself. It seems alot of people on psd are as ignorant as me. Tool.

THATSALL
03-11-2010, 10:21 PM
nice list

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Read the first post I made that you replied to in this post (tool)... I listed more than 15-20. When i mention resumes I ment mine and yours(tool).
21ppg dont mean **** when the opposing sg averages over 21 on him. He needs to take out his tampon and D up. He is a vagina. Please tell me what his career fg % is. I have no idea but i guarentee it is not good. He is a great shooter but always on a terrible team and is/was supposed to be the main guy. That means he is not a great player but just a great shooter. He shoulda took less money and went to play in CLE with Bron instead of chasing the money and being a ****** franchise player. (tool)

You are comical. Resumes wtf are you talking about dumbass this is a basketball forum. What are you a sports writer for ESPN or something? Resume??? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

There are two things obviously evident from your posts. You hate Redd and you an idiot.

Michael Redd's career fg% is 45 same as Manu, Ray and Kobe. How the **** can you blame just Redd for the other teams SG scoring well against him when his team was horrible otherwise no real defensive post pressence until Bogut's outburst this season.

Swashcuff
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
And yes your math is scetchy because after those first 4 (ok lets not incluse durant who came in the nba as a sg) you also listed martin and monta as the 'only other logical ones' which makes 6. The reason i only listed those 5(including durrant) is because without a doubt they are the top 5 sgs in the nba. Does that not eliminate Redd as being a top 5 sg?

Just shows how limited your basketball knowledge is(and math). You should not debate with people when you are as ignorant as yourself.

logically make an argument for. Durant came into the league as a SG? WHAT POSITION DOES HE PLAY? TELL ME WHAT POSITION DOES HE PLAY??? Sigh. :facepalm:

ignorant??? Ignorant is you saying Trevor Ariza is a better SG than Redd.

rhaas74
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I dont know if he belongs in the top 10 right now. But I will throw out Delonte West as an honorable mention.

Raph12
03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Dwight Howard?... Left-handed but can play with both due to a broken wrist when younger.

Havoc Wreaker
03-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Jalen Rose and Toni Kukoc

/thread

dodie53
03-12-2010, 01:15 AM
bosh
manu
lee
josh smith