PDA

View Full Version : Fan steals ball from Calderon vs Lakers (vid) lol

lebronaliers
03-10-2010, 03:43 PM
http://peteprose.com/2010/03/fan-records-steal-on-jose-calderon/

lmao. havent seen stuff like that in nba too often. only in mlb. is there anything the refs can call on that stuff?

Sly Guy
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
oh I saw this in last night's game. It was a smart move, knowing it was a tight game and that possession was pretty critical. By making a play at the ball, he makes it out of bounds, laker ball.

Pissed me off cuz I'm a raps fan, but hey, sometimes the crowd physically becomes the 6th man too.

iggypop123
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
no different from when a team "accidently" starts the shot clock too early or lets it go. its called HCA.

AI4MVP
03-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Hahaha

Hellcrooner
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
its no regular fan.

Is the heir to Italian car bussines empire FIAT ( owner of Lancia, Alfa romeo and FErrari too)

And he is sitting at the side of one of Keane members.

Niro
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
sob

Rego247
03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
thats guys such an idiot, friggin douche from maroon 5, but curious what are rules for something like that? shouldnt it be raps ball if theres interference like that, he was making a play for the ball. wouldnt change the outcome all that much but it was a critical possession no doubt

Rego247
03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
its no regular fan.

Is the heir to Italian car bussines empire FIAT ( owner of Lancia, Alfa romeo and FErrari too)

really? didnt know that thought he was a musician or something

Byronicle
03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
this was the biggest bs of the game, that guy didn't even need to do that, it wasn't going to hit him in the face or something.

seriously, if the ball went to the raptors that game, and raptors won, we be getting so upset many laker fans

smith&wesson
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
smart move by the fan, but really shouldnt be allowed at all.

Atticus Finch
03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
thats guys such an idiot, friggin douche from maroon 5, but curious what are rules for something like that? shouldnt it be raps ball if theres interference like that, he was making a play for the ball. wouldnt change the outcome all that much but it was a critical possession no doubt

It should stay the way it is, if a fan touches the ball its out of bounds. Otherwise there could be too many potential problems if the ball is automatically awarded to the away team. What if the guy had been a Raptors fan? If its something blatant, like a fan running on the court, I could see maybe a jumpball but thats it really. It was a honest mistake but Im sure it stings Raptors fans, but hey what can do you do about it?

Raph12
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Damn lakers fans!!! :mad:

I remember when a ref knocked down a Heat player when they played the Pistons and the fouls was called on Chauncey... It happens, get over it.

tredigs
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
its no regular fan.

OH! Then by all means, slap the ball fancy Italian man...

masalex1205
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Keith Urban, is that you?

ko8e24
03-10-2010, 04:29 PM
2 things..

1. Calderon was already outta bounds and it was gonna be off of him regardless.

2. I don't care if the guy is a musician or whatever, he should be banned from attending any basketball game. You don't do that crap. It's wrong, and its a disservice to someone playing the great game of basketball.

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
That play was pureeeee BULLCRAP:mad:

deuces
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
That play was pureeeee BULLCRAP:mad:

how about some of the late game calls for kobe? there are late whistles, but those WERE LATE WHISTLES. not even fouls

C_Mund
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I was pretty upset when it happened but there's really nothing you can do about it. Big shot by Kobe, Lakers win. I'm still happy with the way Toronto played

GCOOKIE7
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
What a flaming ********!!!

deuces
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I was pretty upset when it happened but there's really nothing you can do about it. Big shot by Kobe, Lakers win. I'm still happy with the way Toronto played

but anyone who wwatched the games knows that the raps were going to come out of staples center with a win, but the refs..

$ NyC $
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
1. Fans shouldn't be able to do that.
2. Guys, Calderon stepped out of bounds anyway. Don't say that that was a game changing possession when he was already out of bounds.

thescore53
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Atleast we didnt embarass ourselves national tv

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2010, 05:12 PM
how about some of the late game calls for kobe? there are late whistles, but those WERE LATE WHISTLES. not even fouls

yea i know...:facepalm:

pebloemer
03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
2 things..

2. I don't care if the guy is a musician or whatever, he should be banned from attending any basketball game. You don't do that crap. It's wrong, and its a disservice to someone playing the great game of basketball.

1. Hard to tell from the camera angle in the link. I actually went to bed just before this possession (1:00 am in Toronto), was there a better camera angle in the game?

2. I think that's what can and should be done. Unfortunately the ball still being in play until it hits the ground out of bounds can potentially create these types of scenarios. But it is unfair to reward either team with possession. Jumpball is a possibility, but if Jose was out of bounds when he jumped, that wouldn't be fair to LA either. So yes, the fan should be penalized, but not either team.

Kyle N.
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Good thing the guy didn't do that to Artest.

SA5195
03-10-2010, 05:30 PM
:guns:

babyshaq87
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
really? didnt know that thought he was a musician or something

yes.. this ******* is Lapo Elkann... he is a member of the Agnelli family.. just to let you know, they are one of the most important families in Italy, owner of Fiat, Alfa, Ferrari... but he is like a clown.. Italy is not proud of that idiot!!

The_905
03-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Atleast we didnt embarass ourselves national tv

Well that's the spirit..

markhebert42
03-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm an LA fan but the refs should have at least called a jump ball...nice play though.

tredigs
03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
yes.. this ******* is Lapo Elkann... he is a member of the Agnelli family.. just to let you know, they are one of the most important families in Italy, owner of Fiat, Alfa, Ferrari... but he is like a clown.. Italy is not proud of that idiot!!

Well luckily for the dignity of that family, the American sports media is calling him the guy from Maroon 5. So the Italians seem to escape that one.

On a side note, I hope the Italian who Zidanne headbutted in the WC Final dies in a fire. That is all.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Damn lakers fans!!! :mad:

I remember when a ref knocked down a Heat player when they played the Pistons and the fouls was called on Chauncey... It happens, get over it.

You mean Joey "You wanna fight" Crawford

_-Spyda-_
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM
2 things..

Agreed

Niro
03-10-2010, 06:06 PM

talking about a broken nose and less teeth:box:

JC_
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
2 things..

Where'd you see that? In the pic from that article his feet are not on the ground and he took off before where his feet are.

babyshaq87
03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Well luckily for the dignity of that family, the American sports media is calling him the guy from Maroon 5. So the Italians seem to escape that one.

On a side note, I hope the Italian who Zidanne headbutted in the WC Final dies in a fire. That is all.

I hope we do not escape that one!! hope american media shows how stupid can be that guy!!

On a side note, u r talking about Marco Materazzi and I hate him too!!:clap:

THATSALL
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
:)

Talick
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
2 things..

You can't tell from the video....that's just what the commentator said.

smith&wesson
03-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Me too, the refs were terrible but the refs make terrible calls in everygame.
it was good to see the raps play well regardless of the out come. alot of people had it locked to be a blow out.

were 1-1 vs the lakers thats not soo bad at all.

smith&wesson
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM

dam he would have gotten a rerun from mallace at the pallace.

for that reason alone fans should not get involved. some one like artest would absolutley snap... good thing it was little ol calderon aka toblerone, aka collar bone. lol

i love his name. :laugh:

Chronz
03-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Seriously the Raps D sucks ***. I thought you guys said Bargs was improving and that Wright was a great defender

Sly Guy
03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Seriously the Raps D sucks ***. I thought you guys said Bargs was improving and that Wright was a great defender

the "D" has disappeared after the all star break, but last night was as good as it's been since. From a raptor fan's perspective, I'm hoping a tight game even as a L, will wake up the team and reiterate the fact that you've gotta play hard night and and night out, because even with the talent to play with almost anyone in the league, nothing is given.

fresh prince
03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Calderon was already out of bounds

Whats the deal with making non stories into big deals?

td0tsfinest
03-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I hate Maroon 5

daisuke4cy
03-10-2010, 09:46 PM
haha. A fan sitting on his *** plays better defence then calderon.

Raph12
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
stuff.

DAMN BOY!!! That's quite the sig/avatar combo you got there. ;)

SA5195
03-10-2010, 09:57 PM

For some reason, we basically took a step back on D after the All-star break.

Chronz
03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
the "D" has disappeared after the all star break, but last night was as good as it's been since. From a raptor fan's perspective, I'm hoping a tight game even as a L, will wake up the team and reiterate the fact that you've gotta play hard night and and night out, because even with the talent to play with almost anyone in the league, nothing is given.
That 4th quarter was all I saw and that final possession was embarrassing. Either Bargs or Wright didnt execute the gameplan, Wright should have steered Kobe towards the help, or Bargs shouldve left the non-threat to shadow Kobe.

ElMarroAfamado
03-10-2010, 10:59 PM
he didnt get out on the floor and do it...
all he did was flail his arm and the ball hit him....
he has the right to do that as long as he doesnt do anything out on the court

Vinny642
03-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Lakers get everything not surprising

lebronaliers
03-11-2010, 02:22 PM
That 4th quarter was all I saw and that final possession was embarrassing. Either Bargs or Wright didnt execute the gameplan, Wright should have steered Kobe towards the help, or Bargs shouldve left the non-threat to shadow Kobe.

man its kobe...and they had 2 hands right in his face for a fading jumper on the baseline. sometimes you gotta tip your cap.

VivaLaShark
03-11-2010, 02:29 PM
... Having the fans close to the court are part of the game. Move the fans back if they can interfere with the game. Just like refs are part of the court so are the fans.

lebronaliers
03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
but if they moved them back one seat thats less money!

Chronz
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
man its kobe...and they had 2 hands right in his face for a fading jumper on the baseline. sometimes you gotta tip your cap.

Because its Kobe you gotta know how to play him, tip your cap if he makes a tough shot, slap yourself if you gave him exactly what he wanted.

lebronaliers
03-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Because its Kobe you gotta know how to play him, tip your cap if he makes a tough shot, slap yourself if you gave him exactly what he wanted.

that's the shot he want? :confused: