PDA

View Full Version : lebron james to clippers?

zadora5
03-10-2010, 02:19 PM
www.benmaller.com

Source: Clippers will let LeBron James pick his coach and GM

The Clippers, according to another source within the organization, are hoping to persuade LeBron James to come if he also can pick his coach, and possibly his general manager. Aside from the franchise’s reputation for one blunder after another, the Clippers will have some attractive assets to offer a free agent like James. Kaman is one of the league’s best centers. Power forward Blake Griffin, who missed this season with a knee injury, is considered a sure-bet star on the rise. Davis is a former All-Star, and young guard Eric Gordon has great potential. And there is no more attractive city in the league than Los Angeles, giving James a chance to share the spotlight with Kobe Bryant of the Lakers. — Fanhouse

:facepalm: desprate.....

EricU812
03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I'd be hoping for the same thing if I were the clippers.

braveniler58
03-10-2010, 02:29 PM
:speechless:

I can't believe the Clippers are gonna do that. I don't know if LeBron would bite, but damn, that would be interesting. Kobe vs LeBron, the question would now be: which team would average more fans?

However, LeBron would be insane to go to the Clippers. They are cursed.

ElFuturoDeESPN
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I'll take a pound of whatever the Clippers are smoking, please.

Gibby23
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
He should pick Jerry West as GM and Larry Brown as coach.

RadiantShot
03-10-2010, 02:38 PM
LMAO. Clippers are so miserable. I feel sorry for them.

Driven
03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Maybe they're not using a coach and GM to get Lebron. Maybe they're using LeBron to get a good coach and a good GM. ;)

I don't see how this is desperate by the Clippers. It's a good move. The coach won't be worse than Dunleavy. And outside of the top 6 or so coaches in the NBA, it doesn't make a difference who's coaching.

Hell, Doc Rivers is the Celtics coach for crying out loud.

DodgerBulls
03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
He'd probably tell the management to build Clips Arena just across the Staples Center.

GCOOKIE7
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Why are all of these teams interested in LeBron anyways?

Kidding. Only a bad GM wouldn't try to persuade him to come.

AIsixersFK
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Why don't they just make LeBron coach and GM? If he gets to pick them won't he pretty much be in control anyways? :shrug:

AI4MVP
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
hed be smarter to go to the clippers then to the knicks. there both huge markets anyways, and the clpipers have a much much much bright future then the knicks.

baron davis
eric gordon
lebron james
blake griffin
chris kaman

thats a finals contender. i guarantee it.

plus how interesting would it be that there both in LA(kobe and lebron)

i love it

hope he goes to the clips

Ballin274
03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
even if he ends up in china with marbury as his wingman, that's still better than going to the clippers... with their luck he'll probably blow out his knee stepping off the plane and never play again

Raidaz4Life
03-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I'd actually like to see Lebron on the Clippers... it would be great for both him and the franchise

clehmun
03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
don't think lebron will "share" a city with kobe.

iggypop123
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
hed be smarter to go to the clippers then to the knicks. there both huge markets anyways, and the clpipers have a much much much bright future then the knicks.

baron davis
eric gordon
lebron james
blake griffin
chris kaman

thats a finals contender. i guarantee it.

plus how interesting would it be that there both in LA(kobe and lebron)

i love it

you also have a sold draft pick coming as well since they continue to tankt this season

EricU812
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Haven't teams offered up the idea of part ownership? I also thought that the clip told Kobe they would be willing to move the team to Anaheim or something to be closer to his house...

I would offer whatever it took.

I wonder how much Nike will have influence on this...they might ask Lebron to go to NY for the top two major cities..and create an east coast west coast clash. and to sell more sneakers.

phila_gorilla
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Clips are desperate! LeBron is foolish if he leaves Cleveland. That city is his and they will do anything to build a team he likes around him.

Sox Appeal
03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Haven't teams offered up the idea of part ownership? I also thought that the clip told Kobe they would be willing to move the team to Anaheim or something to be closer to his house...

I wonder how much Nike will have influence on this...they might ask Lebron to go to NY for the top two major cities..and create an east coast west coast clash. and to sell more sneakers.

There's a rumor the Lakers offered Kobe a co-owner ship spot after retirement, if he resigned in '04. But that would be illegal under NBA rules, so.

Clips are desperate!

Eh, not really. They just know what it means to sign someone of LeBrons caliber. Attendance will sky-rot, TV Ratings will go up, and you're an automatic Finals contender, regardless of who else is on the roster. I believe Bill Simmons has written this before, LeBron going to the Clippers would triple their franchise value.

ugafan
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
If LeBron decided to sign for some reason, the Clippers would be insane.

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: LeBron James
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Chris Kaman

I just ejaculated.

Trouble87
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
even if he ends up in china with marbury as his wingman, that's still better than going to the clippers... with their luck he'll probably blow out his knee stepping off the plane and never play again

exactly

if LBJ likes his health he'll stay far away from LAC

smith&wesson
03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
as far fetched as this may seem, the clippers would be lethal if they ever got theyre hands on james ...

kaman's a stud 5.
griffens going to be solid. no question there.
baron davis is still a good player, i can only imagine him being more motivated and rejuvinated with james on the team.
gordons a very good yonge player.

thats a solid team with james on it i think. solid.

ChiSox219
03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
If LeBron decided to sign for some reason, the Clippers would be insane.

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: LeBron James
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Chris Kaman

I just ejaculated.

Baron would have to go

No one know what Griffin is going to turn into, for all we know he could get hurt and miss next year or play and disappoint

Kaman and Gordon are nice but neither is a #2 on a title team.

I'd be worried about their defense as well.

Corey
03-10-2010, 06:08 PM
The Clippers really aren't a bad situation for him with the pieces they have :shrug:

Clutch6
03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
They would be a nasty nasty team, along with this years pick, or they could package it. But nah, NOT HAPPENING

SportsAndrew25
03-10-2010, 06:17 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/13/102/n58352047125_5793.jpg

NO WAY NO HOW!

MJ-BULLS
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
even though the Clippers have a good team with good solid young players. I couldn't really see it happening. plus he is in a better situation in Cleveland then he would to be in Los Angeles. I still think he's in end up staying in Cleveland anyways.

RaysFan
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I would consider it legit if the owner wasn't racist. Can you see someone as powerful as LeBron walking into a situation where his boss was racist?

Method28
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
They should offer him free rides on Kobe's wife too!!!

I think LeBron goin to the Clips would be great.

heathonater
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM
this wont happen, but at least the clippers are trying.

BluejaysFan08
03-10-2010, 06:58 PM
The posters sig is far to funny.

brianmena3
03-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Lebron is going to the Lakers if any LA team. He wants to play somewhere he can win a title as fast as he can.

cali72888
03-10-2010, 07:01 PM
If Labron signs with the Clippers the first game he plays he is going to blow an ACL because the Clipper curse.

JNA17
03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
:laugh: Desperation at it's finest

Melo15
03-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Most likely LeBron will be back in Cleveland next year. I love how the people who keep saying there is no chance he will go there are mainly Knicks fans lol. The Clippers would surround him with a lot more talent than New York would right away. LeBron will end up staying in Cleveland though, I mean its basically his city.

masalex1205
03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
He should pick Jerry West as GM and Larry Brown as coach.

Lebron doesn't like Larry Brown from their Olympic days

masalex1205
03-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Lebron is going to the Lakers if any LA team. He wants to play somewhere he can win a title as fast as he can.

Sigh...

junion
03-10-2010, 07:16 PM
:facepalm: desprate.....

i agree it's desperate, but if you had a chance to get lebron and that's what you had to do... i'm sure you'd do it too.

it's lebron, and the clippers have had problems with gm and coaching, so might as well take a risk.

junion
03-10-2010, 07:17 PM
If Labron signs with the Clippers the first game he plays he is going to blow an ACL because the Clipper curse.

that's the portland trailblazers curse.

the clipper curse is that all of a sudden the good players combined can't win.

$ NyC $
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
that's the portland trailblazers curse.

the clipper curse is that all of a sudden the good players combined can't win.

I read like a gazillion page article about the Clippers curse. Goes back to Native Americans lol. They are really cursed, all they're draft picks and best player get the craziest injuries.

I agree that the Clippers could put LBJ in an amazing position but i think the only thing that's gonna stop that is Kobe Bryant. If Kobe wasn't in LA i would think there was a pretty good chance, if he doesn't injury himself once he gets there.

CowboysKB24
03-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Now this...

I am just going to wait until FA begins.

ARMIN12NBA
03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
When the Clips won 47 games that one year, the bandwagon fans in LA were enormous. The Clippers all of a sudden had a pretty huge fan base. If LBJ were to come and couple that with a great amount of success they would enjoy, he would have a huge market in LA following him as well as a hallway (city) rivalry.

G-Funk
03-10-2010, 07:35 PM
It's not like if the Cavaliers are a better franchise then the Clippers. they both suck. Plus the team is young and can be one of the teams in the future. Than been said Lebron will be the only one to stay. Wade will go to Chicago

BTW they're would be a lot of Lakers fans beating up Clippers fans in the city.

Lebron101
03-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Why would Lebron Leave Cleveland>???????????????????????

ElMarroAfamado
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
what makes them think lebron james knows anything about picking a GM?

ElMarroAfamado
03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
and by the way....unless the Clippers change their jerseys colors...etc (like the Cavs)
to bring a whole new identity to this horrendous franchise I think they will somehow find a way to make lebron james suck and he will probably get injured his first game and never play
haha

SDBearsFan
03-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Why is anyone surprised? Cleveland sucks Lebron's dick (them, and David Stern). You guys really think that Mike Brown coaches, or Danny Ferry makes decisions? 'Bron tells him what he wants, and they get on their knees and do it.

JOSKOMANG4
03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
hed be smarter to go to the clippers then to the knicks. There both huge markets anyways, and the clpipers have a much much much bright future then the knicks.

Baron davis
eric gordon
lebron james
blake griffin
chris kaman

thats a finals contender. I guarantee it.

Plus how interesting would it be that there both in la(kobe and lebron)

i love it

1) having both lebron & kobe at staples center would bring a ton of revenue; so definitely a plus.

2) i wouldn't say the clippers, with that roster, are a title contender. If all healthy, definitely a playoff-caliber squad, but not a title contender. They would definitely get the nod of phoenix(especially if amar'e doesnt return).. I'd say 4-5 seed.

Lakers4ItAll
03-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I've been saying this for a while. If Lebron went to LA's other team they would have a better team than any other team he could go to NY MIA NJ CHI ect

Evolution23
03-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I just got off the phone with Lebron, he said hes interested to play in Greece.

WITZ
03-11-2010, 01:20 AM
This is even more desperate then the knicks giving lebron his own channel...Ok maybe not that much of a difference.

jetsforever
03-11-2010, 01:24 AM
:laugh2: at teams willing to rip apart their front office for a single player

BaustinSali08
03-11-2010, 01:25 AM
No way Lebron tries to compete within the same market with Kobe; however if he does, I can only imagine how many Laker fans would buy season tickets or just general tickets to the Clipper games.

jetsforever
03-11-2010, 01:27 AM

:faint: :speechless: Thats the most amazing thing I have honestly ever heard

Derick713
03-11-2010, 01:48 AM
The Clippers on paper make sense. The Clippers have three great young talents in Kaman, Griffin, and Gordon. DeAndre Jordan has a lot of potential. Baron Davis is still a good PG when surrounded with talent.

If the Clippers get the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2010 Draft they will be the frontrunners for an elite player. Kaman and Griffin are a pretty good frontcourt.

The only question mark is how much Sterling is willing to spend to win. Once he signs James will he opt not to go over the tax and go all out. I don't know if James has enough faith in Sterling to even consider the Clippers.

If the Clippers could've gotten rid of Davis and somehow ended up with the 1st pick in this years draft they would've been the favorite to land James.

JNA17
03-11-2010, 01:56 AM
maybe it's a good time to bring this out :D.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/oR8-_/LebronJames2.jpg

Statik1
03-11-2010, 02:07 AM
:speechless:

I can't believe the Clippers are gonna do that. I don't know if LeBron would bite, but damn, that would be interesting. Kobe vs LeBron, the question would now be: which team would average more fans?

However, LeBron would be insane to go to the Clippers. They are cursed.

Average more fans ? LOL

CowboysKB24
03-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Clippers need stuff like this to make them feel good once in awhile. They know it isn't going to happen, but it relieves some of the pain for a few minutes.

Raph12
03-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Possible, but I doubt it happens.

kikeyanez
03-11-2010, 03:17 AM
I'll take a pound of whatever the Clippers are smoking, please.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JiffyMix88
03-11-2010, 03:26 AM
all they got to do is go back to san diego to change their luck up

NetsPaint
03-11-2010, 03:29 AM
This is the only way LeBron would be considered a hero for leaving Cleveland to even fans in Cleveland.Saving this franchise would be magical.

Statik1
03-11-2010, 04:38 AM
all they got to do is go back to san diego to change their luck up

I have been saying this for years and could not agree any more. A return home would be perfect for them but not while Donald Sterling owns that team.

VivaLaShark
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Although the Clippers are in Los Angeles, they are a small market team since there are more Laker fans by far. I don't think Lebron wants to move to a team like that and if you are going to move to the Clips, you might as well move to the Bulls because you have a more attractive team and market, with the same coaching situation. Makes no sense.