PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Sixers will fire Eddie Jordan at end of the season

td0tsfinest
03-09-2010, 07:40 PM
During his Sunday night show on NBC-10, Eskin reported that the Sixers will get rid of Jordan. Eskin also reported that Jordan's replacement would be one of four coaches - Jeff Van Gundy, Jay Wright, Doug Collins and Avery Johnson. *

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20100309_Sixers__Speights_still_positive_despite_s econd_injury_of_season.html

This season has been quite safe for a lot of coaches especially compared to last season. I think we had like 8 firing during the season compared to this years two.

MTone8788
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Awww no way?!?! GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!

Are you serious? Really?

HoopsDrive
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Whoever responsed true to this question in that True/False thread... Kudos!

Kakaroach
03-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Expected. They have been horrid this season and its obvious his offense doesn't work with their personnel.

zae316
03-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes thank you!!!! Im pullin for Avery or Van Gundy

SeoulBeatz
03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
hopefully so.
the sixers arent a good team, but they aren't THIS bad.
Our young players havent come along as they should but the team still has talent.

Iguodala is entering his prime at 26.
Thaddeus Young is 21
Marreese Speights 23
Lou Williams 23
Jrue Holiday 19
Jason Smith 23
Jodie Meeks 21

this is an athletic team.... http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5456448/14360987 playing in the wrong system.

Elton Brand has actually been playing better, hard to notice though with such ****** record.

but yeah, this team needs a new direction, john wall would be cool too.

ko8e24
03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Expected? Eddie Jordan is not being given a fair chance. He was ousted out of Washinton when it wasn't his fault. Not his fault the Sixers didn't replace the leaving of Andre Miller and they now have an overrated bum in Elton Brand, and the fact that the organization made a stupid emotional decision in trying to bring back Iverson (and we know that's been a fail). Plus, the injuries that have put Lou Williams outta action for a couple of weeks here and there.

Avenged
03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Jeff Van Gundy coaching again?! :laugh2:
I love Van Gundy LOL.

Tribe
03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
He has no business being a coach anyway...his teams are always horrible

FlakeyFool
03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
avery johnson :laugh2:

asandhu23
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM
you must be british

Westbrook36
03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Can't stand him..Please go!

dougie5627
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
fair chance hahaha no this guy needs go back and learn how to coach again he already pretty much said he cant motivate or get the line ups right. i believe thats a coaches job so yeh way to admit u cant coach. get out of philly

Mavrix
03-09-2010, 09:04 PM
What's a rumour?

Swashcuff
03-09-2010, 09:16 PM
What's a rumour?

Sigh! Why are you being close minded? Its the British standard English. I speak that way myself.

td0tsfinest
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
What's a rumour?

rumour [ˈruːmə] noun
- information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally

you must be british

or Canadian.

nygiants242
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
This shouldn't even be a damn rumor. This should be a FACT. Least surprising news out there (so I hope, unless the Sixers are just flat out dumb).

MTone8788
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
rumour [ˈruːmə] noun
- information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally

or Canadian.

Hahah only an American would say something dumb and ignorant like that to you...

RaptorizedKevin
03-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Avery johnson please

td0tsfinest
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
^aren't you a Raptors fan?

Swashcuff
03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Avery johnson please

x2

SeoulBeatz
03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Expected? Eddie Jordan is not being given a fair chance. He was ousted out of Washinton when it wasn't his fault. Not his fault the Sixers didn't replace the leaving of Andre Miller and they now have an overrated bum in Elton Brand, and the fact that the organization made a stupid emotional decision in trying to bring back Iverson (and we know that's been a fail). Plus, the injuries that have put Lou Williams outta action for a couple of weeks here and there.

naah eddie jordan had his chance, i would rather have Tony Dileo back, who is Tony Dileo? yeah.... it's that bad.

his rotations are awful and his demeanor is soft, he coaches like he doesn't give a damn and he hasn't done one good thing to improve this team all season.

he doesnt know how to utilize our athletic talent and instead tries to force a princeton offense on us that just blatantly doesnt work

ldc62
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
No I want JVG to stay on ESPN (hes hilarious). The 76ers made a huge mistake by signing Elton Brand.

td0tsfinest
03-09-2010, 11:30 PM
No I want JVG to stay on ESPN (hes hilarious). The 76ers made a huge mistake by signing Elton Brand.

But lets be honest. No one really thought it was a mistake at the time. People had projected the 76ers to be the 2nd best team in the east with the addition of Brand.

AIsixersFK
03-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Eddie Jordan is a ****in biznitch. He should willingly step down as head coach. This will gurantee more time for his upcoming film: Spider-Man 4. Dr. Lizzard!

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Eddie Jordan is a great coach and has a bright future in the league. He worked wonders in Washington, but the departure of Andre Miller has hit this team more than the 76ers seemed to have think (but about as much as most fans knew it would). Without a solid point guard to tie this team together, this 76ers team has strugled and Jordan has just not been the guy to get them to reach their full potential.

No disrespect to Eddie Jordan, but sometimes a coaches game set and message just doesn't translate well with a certain group of players. The truly great coaches can find what works for what ever group he/she is handed, but Jordan is not at that level yet (though again, he worked miracles in Washington). This 76ers team needs a better point guard rotation, but even so they should be a .500 club with the talent they have and Jordan has still not been able to guide Brand back to his 20/10 numbers (though that isn't all on Jordan, I think the 6ers brass were likely hoping that Jordan could get Brand back on track).

AIsixersFK
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Eddie Jordan is a great coach and has a bright future in the league.

i hope your either joking, mentally challenged, or on some really good ****.

mrblisterdundee
03-10-2010, 12:45 PM
The 76'ers blaming Eddie Jordan for their problems is like the Raptors blaming Sam Mitchell for their problems: it's really the team's fault. Eddie Jordan didn't not bring in a real point guard. He didn't make the trade for an injury-prone power forward past his prime. This is just the owners and the GM once again not taking responsibility.

The Ooh Child
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
But lets be honest. No one really thought it was a mistake at the time. People had projected the 76ers to be the 2nd best team in the east with the addition of Brand.

Yeah, it appeared to be a match made in heaven at the time. But Brand's contract is a borderline franchise killer.

R.A.J.
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Finally, he sux.

TheShock45
03-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Everyone here probly can think of the real reason why we're keeping him right? One he is our best chance at getting the highest draft pick we can, they dont want what happen last year the sixers getting fired up and making the playoffs. 2nd this could just lead to an entire cleaning of the team,they could fire stefanski,his assistants,Jordan and all the coaches he brought with him and try and start fresh.

I don't know who I would want as my GM, just somebody who will pull the trigger if he has too. As for coach I really only have 3 choices, Avery Johnson or right a wrong and bring back Jim O'Brien who should of never been fired or Tony Dileo who should of been rehired on the spot

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
This doesn't surprise me...He doesn't look one bit interested in the game when he's coaching. It's like he doesn't give a ****.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
For the sake of the loyal Philly fans I hope this is more than a rumor. Even with all the distractions and injuries the Sixers have tremendously underachieved under Jordan. Not to mention the fact that he pretty much alienated Brand their best post player from day one.

mikeman0000
03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
If somehow we could get John Wall. Oh how that could change things.

PG - Wall
SG - Igoudala
SF - Young
PF - Speights

With Jrue and Lou coming off the bench, we'd have such a nice core to build around.

Sammy's contract should bring a ton of value this summer, if we could deal him for a real 2 guard or package him with youth for a center. Maybe even something like:

Sammy's expiring + Thad Young for OJ Mayo + filler

Turn that into a 3 team deal where Sam goes to another team (Spurs? Suns? Rockets?) and the Grizz could add too.

Wall - Mayo - Iggy could be a core to build around.

Unfourtunately, this is Philly. Fire Jordan, why not. 8 coaches in 8 years

AIsixersFK
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
^^^^ I laugh everytime I watch your sig. I could do it for hours. Never gets old. Just the slow motion head turn and then the punch is classic

TopsyTurvy
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Another team hopping on to the NBA coaching carousel... There's going to be quite a bit of competition for head coaches this off season.