PDA

View Full Version : Antawn Jamison fitting in nicely with Cleveland

RaysFan
03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Since being moved to a starter (9 games), here are his averages...

-18.7 ppg
-7.9 rpg
-53% shooting from the floor
-44% shooting from the 3-point line

That is very good production for Cleveland coming from what was once a position (PF) of weakness. His efficiency numbers on offense are what stand out to me. Those are some pretty good FG and 3-point percentages.

GoatMilk
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
this surprises no one

he hasnt really played with Shaq yet either. I think 2 games? 1 starting

RaysFan
03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
To me it will be interesting to see how Jamison is viewed over the next few years. If you look strictly at the numbers then Jamison should have been put on the same level as players like Carlos Boozer, Pau Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc but you get the feeling that he has gone under the radar becuase people felt those were empty numbers put up on non-winning teams. I bet you didn't know that Jamison has averaged about 21 and 9 over the last 6 years. If he puts up numbers like 18 and 9 on a 60+ win team, does the outlook of his career change? I think it would.

GoatMilk
03-09-2010, 06:23 PM
he turns 34 in June
i dont know how much longer he can play at a high level. he does always have injury concerns

TheKing23
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
The guy has been the perfect fit in Cleveland. He gives us a guy that can get his shot inside and out, provide good rebounding and move off the ball well.

His game isn't based on speed and athleticism, more his ability to make a wide array of shots so I can see him being a high impact player for the rest of his contract.

He is one of the more underrated PF's in the league, probably because he played on a poor team. I see him as a top 10 guy at his position definitely.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Great fit for the Cavs. He can just chill and benefit from LBJ.

This guy would be a great fit for most teams in the NBA. I don't think the Cavs or most teams in that matter would need to do much to make this guy a success on their team.

He is in a better position now that he is not the top guy on his team. He is one of the strong role players of this team and has done a great job accepting his role

CowboysKB24
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM
he turns 34 in June
i dont know how much longer he can play at a high level. he does always have injury concerns
I think it is safe to say this season he will be playing at a high level. Next year maybe different. I wonder now that even if the Cavs win the championship will LBJ be back on the team with Shaq and Jamison both getting real old. I think that is going to be one of his biggest concerns, will this Cavs team be hunting for rings for the rest of his career?