PDA

View Full Version : Will the Lakers come out of the West???

Ty Fast
03-09-2010, 01:19 AM
I just donít see them coming out of the west. I think that they have played a lot of basketball over the last 2 years and that it will catch up to them. Not to mention Kobe also played in the Olympics.

GoatMilk
03-09-2010, 01:23 AM
they probably will

DCB/LAL
03-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Look at it this way LA is so good that they go in their FIRST 3 game losing streak since trading for Gasol and people start to question them....because of 1 three game losing streak. Playoffs are a different game once they start the playoffs they'll turn it up.

They went 180+ games without going on a 3 game losing streak thats impressive not the end of the world for them.

EDIT: Im not saying they will but they have a good chance to.

Strumpy
03-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Yes.

Teeboy1487
03-09-2010, 01:33 AM
We will have to wait and see.

jlee3936
03-09-2010, 01:39 AM
dallas baby

_KB24_
03-09-2010, 01:42 AM
:facepalm:

shep33
03-09-2010, 01:56 AM
As long as the Lakers are healthy, they're likely to win the west IMO. They play better under adversity, remember last year when they went to a game 7 with Houston and Denver was rolling teams (as was Cleveland), and people quietly said Denver would beat them in the WCF, a lot of ppl picked the Nuggets. What I'm saying is this team is hard to beat 4 times in a week. ?Kobe's crusing throughout the season again, he doesn't really turn it on till playoff time, and the funny thing is their defense is so much improved from before, while there offense has taken a hit. I really think its easier to fix offense than defense, and i think the Lakers play the last 10 games of the season with increasing intensity. Furthermore, its gonna be tough to score on them in the playoffs at the guard position, cause Ron, Kobe and Fish even a little bit, are pretty good defenders. I think teams like Denver and Dallas can take them too 7, Dallas maybe i'm not 100% bought on them yet, but overally beating LA 4 out of 7 is gonna be extremely hard for anyone.

conway429
03-09-2010, 02:07 AM
:facepalm:

blatant overuse of the facepalm.

ko8e24
03-09-2010, 02:09 AM
No, cuz they're a bunch of scrubs :rolleyes:

Is this a trick question? :eyebrow:

heatbb
03-09-2010, 02:13 AM
No. And I'm not saying it based on their current L3 but based how they look on the court compared to Dallas, Denver and Utah. Imo it's Big D that will come out of the West.

CBCable
03-09-2010, 02:16 AM
No. And I'm not saying it based on their current L3 but based how they look on the court compared to Dallas, Denver and Utah. Imo it's Big D that will come out of the West.

Man, Mavs are playing lights out. I hope you're right.

Jason5Kidd5
03-09-2010, 03:08 AM
It's between Lakers and Mavericks really. Mavericks have a better road record, and they seem to be clicking extremely well. Their best ball hasn't even been played yet with Erica, Haywood, and Terry never playing in the same game (due to injuries).

Mavericks in 7. :)

Raph12
03-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Yes, Denver will beat Dallas and then the Lakers will beat the Nuggets in a WCFs rematch.

_KB24_
03-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Lakers meet Nuggets in the WCF. Lakers in 6, no one can compete with their length in a series. And they got that 24 guy...

Mavrix
03-09-2010, 03:19 AM
LA has been playing pretty bad as of late, meanwhile Dallas has been the hottest team in the league. It all depends if this same trend continues into April.

_KB24_
03-09-2010, 03:27 AM
LA has been playing pretty bad as of late, meanwhile Dallas has been the hottest team in the league. It all depends if this same trend continues into April.

First time I have ever seen you post without any bias involved.

handle
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
If Kobe is at least 80% healthy, nobody will take them to 7 games.

Fool
03-09-2010, 10:09 AM
If we get our crap together... :pity:

ChiSox219
03-09-2010, 10:15 AM
The Nuggets are better than last year when they took the Lakers to 6 games.

Arron Aflalo has been a great pickup. He's among league leaders in 3pt% and his defense is fantastic.

Ty Lawson has been one of the most efficient rookies this year and his speed is going to be a problem if the Laker continue to play Fisher.

Carmelo is having the best year of his career

Billups has had another year and training camp to work himself into this team and it's shown as he's produced at a much higher level this year.

The Nuggets dusted the Lakers twice already and kept it close recently at the Staples center.

Kobe vs Nuggets this year: 38.7 MPG, .375 FG%, 22.0 PPG, 4.6 TOs. Credit to Afflalo, JR, and even for Carmelo.

Hellcrooner
03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
No unless Phil shows some balls reunites the team and starts scolding them:

KObe you pass the ball ****ing ballhog this is a team game!!!

Pau whats up with your D? last year you had improved and did play wiht more energy stfu and start banging and be more assertive in the O.

Bynum you are not here to be an allstar you are here to make the dirty work reboudn and deffend you either get it or go to the bottom of the bench you heard me?

Artest , can you please try to pass instead of chuck bad trhee pointers?

Fisher, another stupid ill advised shot and im cuting your contract!!!!

and so on.....

heathonater
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
lakers still will win the west. i dont see any team out west taking two games in la, which is what any team with a chance of winning the series needs to do.

ChiSox219
03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
lakers still will win the west. i dont see any team out west taking two games in la, which is what any team with a chance of winning the series needs to do.

Only need to win one in LA if you win all three at home.

Avenged
03-09-2010, 12:11 PM

Exactly. :nod:

Avenged
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
It can be Lakers, Mavs, or the Nuggets equally coming out of the West. These teams are stacked with talent and match well against each other. Flip a coin, because that's how close it is.

Hawkeye15
03-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I voted no simply because odds are against a single team, no matter which one. But yes, the Lakers will be clear favorites in the west.

pebloemer
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
50/50 Lakers come out of the West IMO.

Odds: Lakers 2 to 1, Mavs 5 to 1, Nuggets 5 to 1, Utah 20 to 1 other 20 to 1.

That's my opinion anyways.

JKiddFan4Life
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
As I recall, every championship team has had it's slumps in the regular season, but once the playoffs hit they always have a knack for winning it all. The Lakers are still the defending champs and they've proven that they can win in the playoffs. They're the team to beat until someone else proves otherwise come playoff time.

RaiderLakersA's
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM
If they do, it will be a fight to the end.

If the Lakers don't come out of the West, though, I'm calling it now: this will be the last year in the next 3 to 4 that the other teams in the league will have a shot of winning a title. The Lakers will retool. Bet on it. They might even retool even if we repeat.

THE_FLASH_21
03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Look at it this way LA is so good that they go in their FIRST 3 game losing streak since trading for Gasol and people start to question them....because of 1 three game losing streak. Playoffs are a different game once they start the playoffs they'll turn it up.

They went 180+ games without going on a 3 game losing streak thats impressive not the end of the world for them.

EDIT: Im not saying they will but they have a good chance to.

Not only that.. Kobe has lost a step!!! And he's been getting knicked up pretty bad this season!!! But U guys have the size, and a killer in kobe.. u have 2 robins in LO and Gasol... But the bench is a concern after LO.

I just dont see the Lakers beating the Nuggest 4 out of 7. Utah will be a really tough out this year as well. Our bench has gotten stronger.. he have no injuries ( knock on wood) and Deron and Boozer are playing at high levels...

IDK but what i do know it will be fun to see.. Best of luck to all teams!!!

THE_FLASH_21
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
As I recall, every championship team has had it's slumps in the regular season, but once the playoffs hit they always have a knack for winning it all. The Lakers are still the defending champs and they've proven that they can win in the playoffs. They're the team to beat until someone else proves otherwise come playoff time.

Agreed... but Denver, Utah, Dallas wont be easy outs!

eugene
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Last year's game with Denver in not an example. They got lucky with a little help from refs as well in game 1... This year will be a different story. Remember my words!

handle
03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Not only that.. Kobe has lost a step!!! And he's been getting knicked up pretty bad this season!!!

I've watched probably 99% of all of Kobe's games since he was drafted, and I honestly think that Kobe has slowed down only because of temporary injury, not because of age.

He might be getting injured easier because of he's older (though maybe it's just bad luck), but if he wasn't injured, he'd be the Kobe we all remember. That's why I think next year (and hopefully as soon as the playoffs) he'll be back to MVP form again.

Remember, in the first half of the season before his injuries hit, nobody was saying Kobe had lost a step. He was on pace for another MVP. That was only a few months ago.

Mavrix
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
This stretch of games is going to be extremely difficult for the Lakers in late March/early April

@ San Antonio
@ Oklahoma City
@ Houston
@ New Orleans
@ Atlanta
vs Utah
vs San Antonio
@ Denver

ManRam
03-09-2010, 02:06 PM
I still think so.

They'll flip the switch when they need to. Kobe will get it going again, the team will remember how to play with him the lineup. They'll be fine. I still don't think Dallas is a great match up verse them. I think Denver will be the toughest team for them to beat...but they'll get it done again. If Kenyon isn't 100%, it will be an easy series.

handle
03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I'll give them a 75% chance of coming out of the west and a 60% chance of winning the Finals.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Lakers are going to come out of the West.

BOSTON617
03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
us boston fans dealt with it lol welcome to our world playoff are a whole nother chapter lakers will be in the western confrence finals celts will be in the eastern