PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili Eyeing Teams With Cap Room

JordansBulls
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/mike_monroe/Spurs_Ginobili_will_be_in_demand.html)

General manager R.C. Buford talks frequently with Manu Ginobili's agent, but the Spurs have not told Herb Rudoy they want to preempt free agency.

“I don't think they've felt any rush to do this because they have exclusive rights until July 1, so they've felt no pressure,” Rudoy said.

Ginobili will listen if the Spurs want to talk extension, but only before season's end.

“Of course, it will depend on the amount and the years,” he said.

If the Spurs' final game ends without agreement, Ginobili will test the market in July.

“You've got all these teams with all this money, and only one can sign LeBron (James),” Rudoy said. “His heart is really in San Antonio, but the onus is not on me, it's on the other side of the table to want to discuss this. I'd be surprised if they let him go to free agency, but it's their decision.”

wileyisTOFU
03-08-2010, 01:02 PM
past his prime aging SG probally gonna resign with the spurs, unless someone ****s up the FA market by overpaying him.

GodsSon
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't give him more than the MLE...with that said, he would look nice in a Raptor uni and continue our International Renaissance

Young2Kinsler
03-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah at this point he's a top tier bench/role player or a bottom starter. He had his good seasons, but people like hellcrooner touting him for the HOF is hilarious.

jimbobjarree
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I think he'd work well under coach Sloan and he's just what we need

iggypop123
03-08-2010, 01:10 PM
if he wants more than the MLE he is delusional

Raph12
03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
If anyone pays more than 7m for him, they've overpaid IMO.

Personally wouldn't give him more than the MLE.

Young2Kinsler
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM

I'm confused on your sig, you aren't a fan of all of those teams are you?

MJ-BULLS
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't really see him anywhere else, he's probably going to end up re-signing with the San Antonio Spurs and retiring there.

conway429
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM

If he is, then he takes the art of bandwagon jumping very seriously.

Raph12
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM

No I just like to watch them play.

I'm a Magic fan first, if they're not playing, those are some of the teams I watch and root for.

mikantsass
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I like him in OKC...

raidersrock99
03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
id give him 3 yrs 15 mil in sac thats it though

pg-evans/udrih
sg-manu/garcia
sf-casspi/greene
pf-landry/brockman
c-thompson/hawes

plus the top ten draft pick we most likely will get watch out!

The_Pharouh
03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
He will try to get more money but I don't see him getting more than MLE

JordansBulls
03-08-2010, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't give him more than the MLE...with that said, he would look nice in a Raptor uni and continue our International Renaissance

He is definitely worth more than MLE. He is worth more like 8 million a year.

I say a 3 yr/24 million.

Chronz
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Your lack of insight never ceases to amaze, MLE? Have you seen his stats? Were you the guy who thought Bargs and Jack were bargains?

Chronz
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM

Insert diss about you making a horrible GM here

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
might as well come to the raps....our team is pretty much full of international players anyway...I could see Colangelo overpaying him.

Blackjack24
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
OKC would be a very, very interesting fit.

GodsSon
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Your lack of insight never ceases to amaze, MLE? Have you seen his stats? Were you the guy who thought Bargs and Jack were bargains?

That was not me, but I stand by my initial statement...Yes, he is worth more than the MLE, but the market determines what he will get; and given his age, injury-riddled history and the upcoming CBA issues, I would think most teams with cap-space will not offer him more

Chronz
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
That was not me, but I stand by my initial statement...Yes, he is worth more than the MLE, but the market determines what he will get; and given his age, injury-riddled history and the upcoming CBA issues, I would think most teams with cap-space will not offer him more
Your probably right, I just know a few teams that would offer him 8M at the least if they had the CAP.

GodsSon
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Your probably right, I just know a few teams that would offer him 8M at the least if they had the CAP.

Which teams are you thinking?