PDA

View Full Version : In a few years, Tyreke Evans will be the...

AI4MVP
03-08-2010, 01:33 AM
where do u think tyreke evans will rank amongst the great players in the game in a few years? i honestly think he can rank anywhere from 2nd, to 5th.

hes averaging 20 5 and 5. thats lebron and mj type numbers

in my opionion:

1-lebron
2-durant
3-tyreke or melo
4-tyreke or melo

what do u guys think?

ARMIN12NBA
03-08-2010, 01:45 AM
best PG/SG combo in the NBA.

Ooh, out of the box prediction.

jagiho
03-08-2010, 01:46 AM
lebron
durant
melo
wade
rose
evans

PC
03-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Where's Wade?

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Top 3 guard in the NBA.

SeoulBeatz
03-08-2010, 01:47 AM
i really like the kid but lets hold our horses on that matter.

he could def be a top 10 player in the future, whether he has the killer instinct to take his team to the top remains to be seen as the kings are still growing.

i really like his game though, he does have a quiet confidence about him.

ARMIN12NBA
03-08-2010, 01:48 AM

he could def be a top 10 player in the future, whether he has the killer instinct to take his team to the top remains to be seen as the kings are still growing.

He has already hit a game-winner or two and a few other clutch plays. I like his killer instinct a lot.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 01:50 AM

for sake of this conversation... Evans has already delivered numerous late game heroics, rallies and great defensive plays down the stretch. He wants the ball in his hands late and usually delivers.

About the only think keeping him from being the best offensive weapon in the league is his jump shot...which is extremely inconsistent. Once he gets that down he will be completely unguardable.

caddiemaster
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
He'll be the guy drafted before stephen curry!Just another dime a dozen 2 guard on a crappy team!

Chacarron
03-08-2010, 01:53 AM
He will be a Laker. :)

BradyIsTheMan12
03-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Way too early to tell. He's going to be good but rarely can you tell after one season what a guy is made of. He could keep improving or his game could tank(I don't think it will but it happens) or he could stay about the same.

ldc62
03-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Not as good as Wade, but damn close.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 01:56 AM
LOL you guys are crazy if you think he is going to be better than Paul

sargon21
03-08-2010, 02:03 AM
^ he could be better than paul just like drose so STFU

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:05 AM
its really unfair to compare Evans to some as accomplished like CP3....although Evans has all the tools to be a Top 5 player in this league.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:06 AM

LOL Rose has a worse chance than Evans GTFO of here man. Rose is a scoring PG, not hard to find those, CP is a great all around PG

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:08 AM
its really unfair to compare Evans to some as accomplished like CP3....although Evans has all the tools to be a Top 5 player in this league.

He does but CP is already there in a few years CP will be a top 3 or 4. But I think Tyreke's stats benefit from being on a weak defense high offense team.

GSW Hoops
03-08-2010, 02:08 AM
LOL you guys are crazy if you think he is going to be better than Paul

If any young guard has the potential to be better than CP, it's Evans.

I think he can be as good or better than D-Wade if he can develop a jumpshot. Evans is already an all-star IMO. He's incredible already, and the kid is 20 and has only played 60 games or so. I hate to say HOF after only 3/4 of a season, but this kid is incredible and if he keeps improving, he'll be a Hall of Famer in 15 or 20 years.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:11 AM
If any young guard has the potential to be better than CP, it's Evans.

I think he can be as good or better than D-Wade if he can develop a jumpshot. Evans is already an all-star IMO. He's incredible already, and the kid is 20 and has only played 60 games or so. I hate to say HOF after only 3/4 of a season, but this kid is incredible and if he keeps improving, he'll be a Hall of Famer in 15 or 20 years.

Damn he said a few years not 15-20 lol. He will never be a better point guard than Paul I know that for sure.

krest213
03-08-2010, 02:13 AM
he will be tyreke.

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 02:15 AM

Agreed. I like to call it a "calm aggression."

If he gets a jumpshot it's over, that's just my opinion.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:17 AM
He does but CP is already there in a few years CP will be a top 3 or 4. But I think Tyreke's stats benefit from being on a weak defense high offense team.

Tyreke benefits from just being a talented player. He was the best guard coming out of HS, best guard coming out of college, he is about to win ROY in a few weeks. The guy is just a great player whose jump shot is the only thing lagging.

My argument is independent of CP3 bc its unfair to compare a Rookie to a 5 year pro. Evans is 20 and already putting up 20/5/5, great defensively and more importantly he brings it and wants the ball in the 4th quarter.

All i can say is that im glad the Kings drafted Evans.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Tyreke benefits from just being a talented player. He was the best guard coming out of HS, best guard coming out of college, he is about to win ROY in a few weeks. The guy is just a great player whose jump shot is the only thing lagging.

My argument is independent of CP3 bc its unfair to compare a Rookie to a 5 year pro. Evans is 20 and already putting up 20/5/5, great defensively and more importantly he brings it and wants the ball in the 4th quarter.

All i can say is that im glad the Kings drafted Evans.

People are comparing him to Wade.. so why is it unfair to compare him to Paul?

ARMIN12NBA
03-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Agreed. I like to call it a "calm aggression."

If he gets a jumpshot it's over, that's just my opinion.

His jump-shot isn't bad either. To get some perspective to compare to another superstar who people believe needs to improve his jumpshot, here are the numbers:

Mid-range shooting numbers (10-15/16-23): Tyreke- 39%/33%, Lebron- 29%/40%

And Tyreke is only a rookie.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:20 AM
I'll argue more about this tomorrow, I think he'll be a beast, top 10 easily, probably top 5.
I just don't think he'll be better than Paul.

PS- I hope that guy who said Rose will is kidding lol, good jokes.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:22 AM
People are comparing him to Wade.. so why is it unfair to compare him to Paul?

im not saying not to but i think its unfair to compare a rookie to established superstar players.... For sake of argument though Evans game seems to fit the mold of Wade's way more then it would to Paul.

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 02:23 AM
His jump-shot isn't bad either. To get some perspective to compare to another superstar who people believe needs to improve his jumpshot, here are the numbers:

Hmm didn't know that. He doesn't take many of them. Over half of his shots are interior shots. Believe it or not, he has more FG attempts at the rim than Dwight Howard does. Now I know Dwight doesn't shoot as much as Evans does, but still, Reke is a guard, and everyone knows that he's going to go to the basket and that he is going to drive right...and it doesn't matter.

Bulls_fan90
03-08-2010, 02:23 AM
MJ type numbers??? MJ had 28pts 6 asst 6 rbds and over 2 steals in his rookie year. Tyreke will be a great player, if Sacramento can improve their record he'll be an All-Star for years to come.

sargon21
03-08-2010, 02:24 AM

hey i was wondering where do you get those mid-range stats??

btw vinny you think paul's God, well lets see him lead his team somewhere first, i cant wait till next year when rose is putting up 26 and 7 and you'll still be *****ing about how bad rose is

Vinny642
im not saying not to but i think its unfair to compare a rookie to established superstar players.... For sake of argument though Evans game seems to fit the mold of Wade's way more then it would to Paul.

Yeah more of a shooting guard that has the ball alot, I said that in the beginning of the year I got mad crap from it.

Draco
LOL Rose has a worse chance than Evans GTFO of here man. Rose is a scoring PG, not hard to find those, CP is a great all around PG

I've only watched parts of a few Kings game including tonights against OKC.. not a lot to go on but from what I did see I think Rose is more of a PG than Evans.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:26 AM
hey i was wondering where do you get those mid-range stats??

btw vinny you think paul's God, well lets see him lead his team somewhere first, i cant wait till next year when rose is putting up 26 and 7 and you'll still be *****ing about how bad rose is

Please quote me right now where I said Rose was bad. He'll be a top 5 PG, maybe a top 10 player but he won't be better than Paul.
You guys forgot who Paul is because he hasn't been playing in a while.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:27 AM
I've only watched parts of a few Kings game including tonights against OKC.. not a lot to go on but from what I did see I think Rose is more of a PG than Evans.

I know Evans isn't a real* PG and Rose is more of a PG than him.

Draco
03-08-2010, 02:27 AM
I'll argue more about this tomorrow, I think he'll be a beast, top 10 easily, probably top 5.
I just don't think he'll be better than Paul.

PS- I hope that guy who said Rose will is kidding lol, good jokes.

Well, if Evans then why not Rose.. again, I've only seen Evans a handful of times and there are moments he looks really special but all in all, I don't see him having more potential than Rose. Evans has a flair for hitting some big long range bombs.. that's about the only thing that he does better than Rose.. that I can tell off hand. Perhaps he's a better defender.. not sure.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Well, if Evans then why not Rose.. again, I've only seen Evans a handful of times and there are moments he looks really special but all in all, I don't see him having more potential than Rose. Evans has a flair for hitting some big long range bombs.. that's about the only thing that he does better than Rose.. that I can tell off hand. Perhaps he's a better defender.. not sure.

Your from a biased P.O.V. Im not, I think Tyreke has more upside because he is very good now and has potential to be great.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:29 AM

Evans is just a basketball player. Simple as that. He can score, pass, rebound, play defense and is a beast in the 4th quarter.

I thought he did a great job driving and dishing tonight...

Bulls_fan90
03-08-2010, 02:30 AM

Because he is the most talked about player on PSD. A thread about how good he is pops up every hour. Thus he is hated by most posters.

Draco
03-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Your from a biased P.O.V. Im not, I think Tyreke has more upside because he is very good now and has potential to be great.

I like Reke's length and long range shooting.. but I like Rose's athleticism and speed a lot more. That's my best attempt at being unbiased.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:32 AM
I like Reke's length and long range shooting.. but I like Rose's athleticism and speed a lot more. That's my best attempt at being unbiased.

I respect your opinion im not arguing against it, I just have my own opinion. Both will be great player in this league for years to come.

Draco
03-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Evans is just a basketball player. Simple as that. He can score, pass, rebound, play defense and is a beast in the 4th quarter.

I thought he did a great job driving and dishing tonight...

I thought Francisco did a great job sinking those buckets on the receiving end of some of those passes as well as the ones he got on his own.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:34 AM

potential maybe bc if there is one glitch on his game its that he needs to get that outside stroke figured out.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I thought Francisco did a great job sinking those buckets on the receiving end of some of those passes as well as the ones he got on his own.

for sure...but with out Evans drawing all the defense there is no way Cisco could have gotten those open shots. We all know how percentages go way up when you have your feet set.

I read an article somewhere indicating that if the Kings had better shooters Evans would be averaging an easy 8 ast/g.... Its clear though that Evans has gotten way better at recognizing where double teams are coming from and kicking out to open shooters.

RocketsRule
03-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Yeah more of a shooting guard that has the ball alot, I said that in the beginning of the year I got mad crap from it.

Dwayne Wade was considered a PG when first came into this league as well. Tyreke Evans is just like him in that sense, a SG who can set up teammates and get to the whole at will.

Just needs to develop a consistent jump-shot and he should be good.

nyballa1991
03-08-2010, 02:39 AM
bette than rose

jackdawson
03-08-2010, 02:41 AM

Good Joke!!

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 02:46 AM

Long range shooting? He's awful from three, that's his biggest weakness. I think you mean his ability to break down defense and penetrate.

jackdawson
03-08-2010, 02:50 AM
OMG!! I thought it was a tyreke thread! D Rose is everywhere! I understand he is a terrific talent, but some people are making him God here.

Tyrek is more like a D Wade type of player. He is the 2nd best young player behind Durantula; btw CP3= Best point guard in the league.

Meth
03-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Now D.Rose threads are dying and Evans thread are syncing in.

Mhm..

Draco
03-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Long range shooting? He's awful from three, that's his biggest weakness. I think you mean his ability to break down defense and penetrate.

No, I meant his long range shooting.. but if he's not usually good in that area then perhaps it was only in the games that I've seen.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 02:55 AM
REKE HAVOC SIG TOMORROW WHENEVER ROOKIE OF THE YEAR SIG!!!!
I cannot wait... :D

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 02:56 AM
No, I meant his long range shooting.. but if he's not usually good in that area then perhaps it was only in the games that I've seen.

I've always taken long range shooting as 3 point shooting, which he shoots udner 30% at. His jumper is pretty shaky at the moment. He's at his best when he drives. Teams play him for his jumper all day.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 02:59 AM
OMG!! I thought it was a tyreke thread! D Rose is everywhere! I understand he is a terrific talent, but some people are making him God here.

Tyrek is more like a D Wade type of player. He is the 2nd best young player behind Durantula; btw CP3= Best point guard in the league.

Durant=:drool::drool::drool:

SFGiants4life
03-08-2010, 03:01 AM
He'll be the guy drafted before stephen curry!Just another dime a dozen 2 guard on a crappy team!

typically Warriors fan thinking Curry is god, he is good but come on.....a crappy team?? warriors havent been good in 2 decades...come one now...

Draco
I've always taken long range shooting as 3 point shooting, which he shoots udner 30% at. His jumper is pretty shaky at the moment. He's at his best when he drives. Teams play him for his jumper all day.

I've really gotta catch more Kings games. And I haven't looked at his stats.

sacgiants1213
Now D.Rose threads are dying and Evans thread are syncing in.

Mhm..

This is the most attention the kings have gotten in 3 years, so im enjoying every bit of these Tyreke threads.

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 03:03 AM
I've really gotta catch more Kings games. And I haven't looked at his stats.

Well it's tough since they are rarely on TV and then there's the whole west coast time zone thing so it's understandable that most people don't see him on a regular basis. I'm assuming you have league pass though if you are talking about catching more Kings games.

I'll PM you some Tyreke stats.

_KB24_
03-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Lets see....

Kobe, Wade, Bron, Bosh, Melo, Paul, Durant, Howard, Deron, Rose, and Rondo are still better than this kid. I have him on the same stage as Westbrook. I still think Jennings and Curry are going to be the best guards out of this draft.

Vinny642
03-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Lets see....

Kobe, Wade, Bron, Bosh, Melo, Paul, Durant, Howard, Deron, Rose, and Rondo are still better than this kid. I have him on the same stage as Westbrook. I still think Jennings and Curry are going to be the best guards out of this draft.

Rondo and Kobe wont in 3 years, maybe even Rose(we'll see, dont kil me Bulls fans)

Red222
03-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Rondo and Kobe wont in 3 years, maybe even Rose(we'll see, dont kil me Bulls fans)

i wont i will sit back and watch as other fans finally see what we see in this kid and tyreke has it 2

ZebraCity916
03-08-2010, 03:35 AM

^^^^:laugh::facepalm:

CityofTreez
03-08-2010, 03:36 AM

I can't stop laughing at this garbage. :laugh2:

As for Tyreke Evans, he will make the Sac Kings a team that finally gets reasonable recognition ever since 2001.

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 03:41 AM
typically Warriors fan thinking Curry is god, he is good but come on.....a crappy team?? warriors havent been good in 2 decades...come one now...

lol, what the hell does the warriors past have anything to do with the debate between tyreke and curry...?

i love all this love for tyreke, the kid is good...but at the same time people are severely overrating his suppposed clutch ability...

yes he's a rookie and he's handled the clutch situations well considering...

but at the same time, i've see him lose the game in the 4th just as many times as i've seen him win it...

here's my argument for curry as roy...

curry is a much more efficient scorer than tyreke...

.560ts% to tyreke's .533ts%

tyreke has a sky high usage rate...so basically he hogs the ball a lot. curry's is a whole 6% lower..

and he's a threat from anywhere on the court...

ZebraCity916
03-08-2010, 03:43 AM

He plays the point though cause he can distribute. He had 7 assists and only 2 TO's tonight. It doesn't really matter where you put him on the floor. He can just flat out play.

RocketsRule
03-08-2010, 03:49 AM

but at the same time, i've see him lose the game in the 4th just as many times as i've seen him win it...

I have yet to see him lose a game in the clutch... And even if he did lose one or two, his clutch performances far outweigh his not clutch ones.

tyreke has a sky high usage rate...so basically he hogs the ball a lot. curry's is a whole 6% lower..

Tyreke shoots a higher FG% though, but I'll give you that Curry is more efficient. Still, Tyreke surpasses him in many other areas including rebounding and defense. Possibly even passing.

Evans has ROY locked up, IMO. Should be:

1) Tyreke Evans
2) Stephan Curry
3) Brandon Jennings

ZebraCity916
03-08-2010, 03:57 AM
I have yet to see him lose a game in the clutch... And even if he did lose one or two, his clutch performances far outweigh his not clutch ones.

Tyreke shoots a higher FG% though, but I'll give you that Curry is more efficient. Still, Tyreke surpasses him in many other areas including rebounding and defense. Possibly even passing.

1) Tyreke Evans
2) Stephan Curry
3) Brandon Jennings

:nod::clap:

soonabooma
03-08-2010, 04:22 AM
In a few years, Tyreke Evans will be an elite player on a very crappy team full of lazy, whiny, bratty, immature little punks that rely on him to do everything.

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 04:38 AM

1) Tyreke Evans
2) Stephan Curry
3) Brandon Jennings

tyreke is actually a pretty poor rebounder considering his size...curry only avg's slightly less rebounds per game...he's not a better passer, there ast/to ratio is actually identical...

i really don't understand where you are coming from when you say tyreke has roy of the year locked up...its simply not fair to curry...

its a tight race at this point...who knows what will happen in the next 20 or so games...

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 04:43 AM
tyreke is actually a pretty poor rebounder considering his size...curry only avg's slightly less rebounds per game...he's not a better passer, there ast/to ratio is actually identical...

i really don't understand where you are coming from when you say tyreke has roy of the year locked up...its simply not fair to curry...

its a tight race at this point...who knows what will happen in the next 20 or so games...

:facepalm:... you realize he is always guarding apposing perimeter players??

Who cares if its not fair to curry or any other rookie. Evans has been a beast the entire season...Rookie of the YEAR. Evans has been the most consistent and better rookie ALL year long.

alencp3
ROY , next year All-star and All-Nba Second Team, Playoff Second Round, he will average 26pg 8 as 7 reb for his career. I put him right behind James,Durant,CP3 if healthy.
Well lets not forget John Wall.

CityofTreez
In a few years, Tyreke Evans will be an elite player on a very crappy team full of lazy, whiny, bratty, immature little punks that rely on him to do everything.

Thanks for James Harden. :clap:

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 04:58 AM
:facepalm:... you realize he is always guarding apposing perimeter players??

Who cares if its not fair to curry or any other rookie. Evans has been a beast the entire season...Rookie of the YEAR. Evans has been the most consistent and better rookie ALL year long.

and so is curry...

and despite being 3 or 4 inches shorter, and weighing 30lbs less he is able to nearly equal tyreke's rebounding averages...

yes it is rookie of the year...

and curry's averages on the year are the same or better in most categories than tyreke's...

lets see curry averages better...

ts%, ft%, 3pt%, stl...

tyreke averages more...pts, reb

explain to me why its so clear cut that tyreke is the roy?

Bulls_fan90
03-08-2010, 05:01 AM
ROY , next year All-star and All-Nba Second Team, Playoff Second Round, he will average 26pg 8 as 7 reb for his career. I put him right behind James,Durant,CP3 if healthy.
Well lets not forget John Wall.

Fail. Im not even going to explain why.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 05:05 AM
and so is curry...

and despite being 3 or 4 inches shorter, and weighing 30lbs less he is able to nearly equal tyreke's rebounding averages...

yes it is rookie of the year...

and curry's averages on the year are the same or better in most categories than tyreke's...

lets see curry averages better...

ts%, ft%, 3pt%, stl...

tyreke averages more...pts, reb

explain to me why its so clear cut that tyreke is the roy?

Evans is just a beast whether it be on the offensive or defensive side of the ball and has been far more consistent from day 1.

Kyle916
03-08-2010, 05:14 AM
he will be tyreke.

I like this one.

lol, what the hell does the warriors past have anything to do with the debate between tyreke and curry...?

i love all this love for tyreke, the kid is good...but at the same time people are severely overrating his suppposed clutch ability...

1. but at the same time, i've see him lose the game in the 4th just as many times as i've seen him win it...

tyreke has a sky high usage rate...2. so basically he hogs the ball a lot. curry's is a whole 6% lower..

1. What are you talking about?

2. You obviously don't watch many Sacramento games. I don't blame you (it's hard to watch), but to say he hogs the ball is ridiculous. He is the focus of the offense; that means he's going to have the ball more than Curry. What makes what he's doing special is the fact that he has NOBODY to rely on to take the ball out of his hands. Defenses key solely on him; double teams and Sefoloshas chasing him around all game. For him to continue to produce the way he is shows a lot about his skills.

Hog the ball? That's just ignorant.

It's not fair to Curry? You won't hear a person with any knowledge of the NBA picking Curry outside of the Bay Area.

:laugh2:

I concur with the playoff one.

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Evans is just a beast whether it be on the offensive or defensive side of the ball and has been far more consistent from day 1.

i guess you just don't understand what averages are or what they mean...

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 05:27 AM
I like this one.

1. What are you talking about?

2. You obviously don't watch many Sacramento games. I don't blame you (it's hard to watch), but to say he hogs the ball is ridiculous. He is the focus of the offense; that means he's going to have the ball more than Curry. What makes what he's doing special is the fact that he has NOBODY to rely on to take the ball out of his hands. Defenses key solely on him; double teams and Sefoloshas chasing him around all game. For him to continue to produce the way he is shows a lot about his skills.

Hog the ball? That's just ignorant.

It's not fair to Curry? You won't hear a person with any knowledge of the NBA picking Curry outside of the Bay Area.

:laugh2:

I concur with the playoff one.

i've actually watched upwards of 30 sac games this year...i live near sacramento, i get kings games here...

anybody who watches the kings can easily recognize that tyreke hogs the ball at times...his usage rate is way higher than monta ellis, a guy who is considered to be a ball hog around these parts...

and i can remember one specific game where tyreke single handedly lost the game for the kings against my beloved warriors...

he turned the ball over three straight times in the last couple minutes of the game, leading to a warriors victory...that was the game on the 8th of january where tyreke played pretty well up until the 4th quarter where he essentially became a black hole and turned the ball over repeatedly dribbling around...not passing...

and i have nothing against tyreke...i think he's a fantastic player...i even said in one thread that i think tryeke's current rookie year has been better than lebrons...

i just think curry has been better than him since the turn of the year and he should get some recognition in the roy campaign...i think its closer than people are making it out to be...

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 05:29 AM
i guess you just don't understand what averages are or what they mean...

...what i do understand is that everyone that thinks Evans wont win ROY are Warrior fans.

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 05:31 AM
...what i do understand is that everyone that thinks Evans wont win ROY are Warrior fans.

if roy was voted on today...tyreke would win it...not by a lot but he would, for sure...

most warriors fans will admit that...

but to say the race is over with 20 games left in the season is just stupid

alencp3
03-08-2010, 05:37 AM

Oh and btw he is better than Rose right now.

alencp3
03-08-2010, 05:38 AM
if roy was voted on today...tyreke would win it...not by a lot but he would, for sure...

most warriors fans will admit that...

but to say the race is over with 20 games left in the season is just stupid

Reke is 20 5 5 ,come and beat that!:p

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Reke is 20 5 5 ,come and beat that!:p

i'm not going to explain why those numbers by themselves tell you next to nothing...so here...

curry avg's 16, 4.5 and 5...and has overall been a more efficient player (better scoring efficiency so if he shot as much as tyreke he would have a higher ppg total)...

beat that...

Kyle N.
03-08-2010, 05:47 AM
He will be a Laker. :)

Oh no you di'int. :no: Tyreke makes me feel happy inside. :)

alencp3
03-08-2010, 05:50 AM
i'm not going to explain why those numbers by themselves tell you next to nothing...so here...

curry avg's 16, 4.5 and 5...and has overall been a more efficient player (better scoring efficiency so if he shot as much as tyreke he would have a higher ppg total)...

beat that...

Oh ur warriors fan sorry,im not even kings fan,but if u have watched at least one Kings game u will see that Reke is playing the game like he is in Nba for so long. And Curry is playing 48 minutes a game full of fastbreaks .

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 05:52 AM

beat that...

if he could get to rim like Evans could maybe he would...

sacgiants1213
03-08-2010, 05:59 AM
If this was 'rookie of the last 2 months' Curry would win, but you have to take all year into consideration. It's not tyrekes fault he can't improve his number like curry can. Tyreke started off so hot and he maintaining the solid play. While, Curry's numbers had room for improvement.

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Oh ur warriors fan sorry,im not even kings fan,but if u have watched at least one Kings game u will see that Reke is playing the game like he is in Nba for so long. And Curry is playing 48 minutes a game full of fastbreaks .

as i've stated already i've watched many kings games...

tyreke is playing on a team that runs the ball a lot too..terrible point

BigEric
03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
A quite fine player. He needs to work on his conditioning and shooting, dearly. Vision will come with time and if he gets his legs stronger he could possibly gain more explosiveness.

Stop comparing him to Curry, people that are comparing, are saying that he's more efficient and whatnot. He rebounds on GS, that's why he rebounds at that clip and let's not talk defense.

Hawkeye15
03-08-2010, 11:08 AM
probably fighting Wade, and maybe some unknown, for top combo guard in the NBA

masalex1205
03-08-2010, 11:20 AM

+1. People were talking about Jennings challenging for the MVP in a couple years earlier this season.

I really like Evans' strength/size, he can be an elite defender if he wants to be imo.

Tribe
03-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Still be the best player on a crap team

KnicksorBust
03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
for sure...but with out Evans drawing all the defense there is no way Cisco could have gotten those open shots. We all know how percentages go way up when you have your feet set.

I read an article somewhere indicating that if the Kings had better shooters Evans would be averaging an easy 8 ast/g.... Its clear though that Evans has gotten way better at recognizing where double teams are coming from and kicking out to open shooters.

Makes you wonder if they should have kept Martin.

Lets see....

You must really hate Dirk.

billy17
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Im just lovin watchin this kid play, and cant wait to see where he takes this Kings team. Well see who wins though, well see.

I wonder what kind of numbers Tyreke would be putting up if he played for Don Nelson, then again it doesnt really matter cause his numbers under PW are already better than Currys.

JNA17
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Evans=Wade 2.0

XJW18
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
1-lebron
2-durant
3-Dwade
4-Melo

Did u forget about DWade?
those 4 will rule the nba for a while.

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Makes you wonder if they should have kept Martin.

You must really hate Dirk.

Martin was shooting 39% and his body language was pretty damn bad with us. The Kings needed a low post presence on offense and they got that with Carl Landry. Plus his salary is incredible; 3 mil a year with a team option for next year. We not only saved a lot of money, but we got a player we needed.

AI4MVP
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Tyreke Evans will be better then Dwayne Wade, so for all of you saying that i forgot to put D Wade, no i didnt forget. I just thikn Tyreke will be better. And for all you that will ***** about this statement, I havent seen anything frmo Tyreke that sells me that this is an absurd statement. He has more size and hes more smooth and already has more moves. Hes a better rebounder, or atleast will be. and he can defend 3 positions. if i had to start a franchise id take Reke over Wade right now

MJ-BULLS
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
he will be a very similar player to the Wade or better in my opinion.

But I will say this, he will win a championship throughout his career. he is one good player.

ZebraCity916
03-08-2010, 04:44 PM

But I will say this, he will win a championship throughout his career. he is one good player.

I hope that ring will be won on the Kings. :pray:

mikantsass
03-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Tyreke will be the best guard from Memphis to play in the NBA

CowboysKB24
03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
where do u think tyreke evans will rank amongst the great players in the game in a few years? i honestly think he can rank anywhere from 2nd, to 5th.

in my opionion:

1-lebron
2-durant
3-tyreke or melo
4-tyreke or melo

what do u guys think?

This sounds like last years threads of Derrick Rose. Just wait and see. CP3 was the man for a year and now look at him. He is the only player on his team as well. I am not taking anything from this guy. He is really good and efficient, which is rare for rookies.

I really could careless of PGs. No good team right now has a PG leading their team. They are pieces to franchise, they aren't the franchise. I have said this multiple times...

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Gary Payton
CP3
Deron Williams
John Stockton

What do they all have common? 0 rings (Gary has one, but that was with Heat, he was a bench warmer) PG oriented teams don't win it anymore. The last guy was Magic and he had Kareem and Worthy. Look at history, I think their is like a handful of PG finals MVPs. And there hasn't been one for like 25 years.

CowboysKB24
03-08-2010, 05:00 PM

I've lost all respect for you and I have never had a conversation with you. You are just a homer or an idiot, I don't know. You can't say all that about a player whose team is awful. He is the only good player and has proved absolutely nothing.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I've lost all respect for you and I have never had a conversation with you. You are just a homer or an idiot, I don't know. You can't say all that about a player whose team is awful. He is the only good player and has proved absolutely nothing.

wrong and wrong. The kings play the youngest squad in the league and are about to add another top talent in the Draft. Moreover, there is enough money to make a couple solid moves.

Evans has proven he is a legit player to build a franchise around.

Kyle N.
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM

Oh ok, you've lost all respect from him because he's making a speculation about a good young basketball player? And Tyreke has proven nothing? I think he's proven he can average 20/5/5 as a rookie which a **** load of other players couldn't prove, all but 3. Grow up buddy.

unwantedplayer
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Paul> Rose

And always will be.

Kyle916
03-08-2010, 05:36 PM

You're the idiot.

Stunner
03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Oh and btw he is better than Rose right now.

Come on man be real the advantage he has over Rose is Height and long arms that helps him get rebounds and Defense everything else Rose beats him in. But Reke is going to be a star in the league though.

Stunner
03-08-2010, 05:56 PM

He kinda reminds me of the the slower guard verison of Lebron. and terms of playing ability. Not as good of a passer as Lebron or as fast as him.

billy17
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I really could careless of PGs. No good team right now has a PG leading their team. They are pieces to franchise, they aren't the franchise. I have said this multiple times...

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Gary Payton
CP3
Deron Williams
John Stockton

What do they all have common? 0 rings (Gary has one, but that was with Heat, he was a bench warmer) PG oriented teams don't win it anymore. The last guy was Magic and he had Kareem and Worthy. Look at history, I think their is like a handful of PG finals MVPs. And there hasn't been one for like 25 years.

Rondo
Tony Parker
Billups

PGs. Won titles. Led their teams. PGs.

DWill and CP still have a lot of game left.

Youre talking out your *** here, who in their right mind thinks teams cant win behind their PG.. The only reason I can imagine you make this argument is because youre jealous hes not on your team.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 06:09 PM
He kinda reminds me of the the slower guard verison of Lebron. and terms of playing ability. Not as good of a passer as Lebron or as fast as him.

Ive seen every game that Evans has played and the one thing that amazes me is how much he has improved his passing ability. In the beginning of the season you could tell he wasnt comfortable driving and dishing...and this was more due to Westphaul not spacing things out and lining up shooters. As the season has moved along Evans has become more and more efficient in driving and kicking out to the open shooters. It also helps that players are actually making shots.... Cisco and Landry have proved to be solid offensive options.

MJ-BULLS
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I hope that ring will be won on the Kings. :pray:

well if kings are smart and resign him than its a possibility.

KnicksorBust
03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Rondo
Tony Parker
Billups

PGs. Won titles. Led their teams. PGs.

DWill and CP still have a lot of game left.

Youre talking out your *** here, who in their right mind thinks teams cant win behind their PG.. The only reason I can imagine you make this argument is because youre jealous hes not on your team.

Rondo was the 4th best player on that Celtics title team. Parker was either the 2nd or 3rd best player (Finals MVP was meaningless in that sweep) on that Spurs team. Billups was the only one who was the best player on his team but that was a team that sent 4 All-Stars to the 2005 all-star game and Tayshaun Prince (who was left out) was pretty damn good as well.

It's off-topic to me anyway because I don't buy Tyreke Evans as a PG.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM

he can handle the point but i like how as of late PW has put Udrih at the point to take some of the pressure of Evans. Regardless of how you classify Evans he still scores, rebound and passes....

DerekRE_3
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Rondo was the 4th best player on that Celtics title team. Parker was either the 2nd or 3rd best player (Finals MVP was meaningless in that sweep) on that Spurs team. Billups was the only one who was the best player on his team but that was a team that sent 4 All-Stars to the 2005 all-star game and Tayshaun Prince (who was left out) was pretty damn good as well.

:sigh:

People just don't understand how Paul Westphal's offense works. When Beno Udrih and Tyreke Evans are on the floor (they both start at the guard spots), they are both guards. They are pretty much indistinguishable. They both handle the ball, they both score, they both dish out assists. They are both GUARDS. Completely interchangeable. OK...you don't buy that Tyreke is a point guard. Cool...it doesn't matter in the Kings offense.

AI4MVP
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
the beauty of this is, that we really dont know right now. any prediction is valid.

when koeb was drafted, if someone said he was gunna be one of the greatest players of all time on PSD, everyone would bashed that dude.

who woulda known that kobe bryant, a guy that wasnt even top 10 in his draft, would be a top ten player of all time.

tyreke can very well go on to be the greatest player of all time, or he could just be a brandon roy-star-caliber-player

MrFastBreak
03-08-2010, 07:34 PM

And? Tyreke's still better at pretty much everything else. And what is Tyreke's high usage rate suppose to convey?

and so is curry...

Why are you correlating height with rebounding? In case youve forgot, a 6'5 Charles Barkley was one of the greatest rebounders of all time. And did you know a 6'0 Kyle Lowry has a better rebound rate than a 6'7 Donte Greene?

And dont forget, the Warriors are leading the league in pace

runforrestrunx9
03-08-2010, 07:47 PM
he reminds me so much of a lebron type player... If he develops a jumper the way lebron did than he will be pretty unguardable... still, its 2 early 2 predict him 2 be better than CP3, wade, or melo as they have just proven so much more... however, i think he has a CHANCE to be better than those guys in a couple years and i can def. see him being #3 behind LBJ and Durant... but the same can be said for about half a dozen players in the league right now

ATX
03-08-2010, 07:55 PM

:facepalm:

Wow

Raph12
03-08-2010, 08:04 PM
In 3-5 years:

1. Lebron
2. Dwight/Melo/Durant
3. Dwight/Melo/Durant
4. Dwight/Melo/Durant
10. Evans

I'll give it a few seasons before crowning him a Top 5 player.

sargon21
03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
i think we should make a thread discussing who has the brighter future-- tyreke or rose, that would be really interesting

Sportfan
03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Derek's manlove

Red222
03-08-2010, 08:14 PM
i think we should make a thread discussing who has the brighter future-- tyreke or rose, that would be really interesting

no:mad:

MJ-BULLS
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM

come on sargon you know better than that.

sargon21
03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
^^ haha ik every1 hates rose threads in here, but that would be a good debate, i dont see how anyone can say that wouldn't be a good debate

td0tsfinest
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
He's got a shot to be one of the best. I think he'll become a pretty player than Derrick Rose. I just hope the Kings can really build a strong team with evans as a corner stone.

I still think Paul and Deron will carry the torch for point guards. They have best combination of scoring and court vision among the young pg.

Killadelphian13
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
I've been a huge fan of Tyreke's since high school and was able to watch him play up close. Despite an awkward release, he has a killer shot, can bang the glass for the boards, and dishes the ball out well. In a few year's he'll be an All-Star and as a secondary Kings fan since drafting Tyreke and Omri Casspi I'm hoping the two of them and Jason Thompson can get a few more good teammates and make a run in the Western Conference.

Raph12
03-08-2010, 11:51 PM

Will Tyreke Evans Be Better Than Derrick Rose?... Apparently the majority of posters think so (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460790)

PS: I voted Rose, too much upside to vote against him, unless you're talking John Wall

montazingmvp
03-09-2010, 12:43 AM
And? Tyreke's still better at pretty much everything else. And what is Tyreke's high usage rate suppose to convey?

Why are you correlating height with rebounding? In case youve forgot, a 6'7 Charles Barkley was one of the greatest rebounders of all time. And did you know a 6'0 Kyle Lowry has a better rebound rate than a 6'7 Donte Greene?

And dont forget, the Warriors are leading the league in pace

what exactly are all these things that tyreke is better than curry at...he's better at getting to the rim...all give you that...not sure if there's anything else that evans is significantly better than curry at...

tyreke's usage rate convey's that he uses way more possessions than curry for his team...aka he hogs the ball at times..

reke is a rookie and he already uses one of the highest pct of possessions of any player in the league...

height is an obvious advantage for rebounding...there are exceptions to the rule, but the best rebounders tend to be the taller players...

jakesmail123
03-09-2010, 01:11 AM
couple things..
1. i dont see anyone mentioning tyrekes defense. the guy is on of the best defenders on the kings squad. he can flat out guard people.
2. other teams concentrate on him because he is the kings main scorer/ball handler and yet he continues to produce and put up numbers.
he will definitely be a top ten player in a few years and possibly a top 5.

DerekRE_3
03-09-2010, 01:15 AM
what exactly are all these things that tyreke is better than curry at...he's better at getting to the rim...all give you that...not sure if there's anything else that evans is significantly better than curry at...

tyreke's usage rate convey's that he uses way more possessions than curry for his team...aka he hogs the ball at times..

reke is a rookie and he already uses one of the highest pct of possessions of any player in the league...

height is an obvious advantage for rebounding...there are exceptions to the rule, but the best rebounders tend to be the taller players...

The King want Reke to handle the ball a lot...that's not him being a ballhog. Though someone that never watches him play would assume that.

jakesmail123
03-09-2010, 01:15 AM
another thing the kings are almost NEVER on national tv so most fans never get to see tyreke play which is sad. the only national tv game i can remember was one against washington, where tyreke stole the ball from arenas to basically win the game.
tyreke is highly underrated. the f*&%ing warriors have like 3 times the amount of national tv games as the kings..doesnt make any sense

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 01:16 AM
couple things..
1. i dont see anyone mentioning tyrekes defense. the guy is on of the best defenders on the kings squad. he can flat out guard people.
2. other teams concentrate on him because he is the kings main scorer/ball handler and yet he continues to produce and put up numbers.
he will definitely be a top ten player in a few years and possibly a top 5.

yeah im surprised too... Evans is excellent defensively and could guard PG/SG/SF...

MacFitz92
03-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Too early to tell.

Jason5Kidd5
03-09-2010, 03:18 AM
lebron
durant
melo
wade
rose
evans

:facepalm:

Jason5Kidd5
03-09-2010, 03:21 AM

You were telling a Laker fan to stfu, that's definitely okay with me however... come on, Rose will more than likely never be as good as Paul.

Fireworld
03-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Definitely a star. Top 10 in the league. Good job Maloof Bros.!! Sadly, The Kinks won't be competing anytime soon..

sacgiants1213
03-09-2010, 04:05 AM
explain.

montazingmvp
03-09-2010, 06:29 AM
The King want Reke to handle the ball a lot...that's not him being a ballhog. Though someone that never watches him play would assume that.

not i...i've seen him in 30+ games this year...live near sac..

keep coming with assumptions...its all you have....

montazingmvp
03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
another thing the kings are almost NEVER on national tv so most fans never get to see tyreke play which is sad. the only national tv game i can remember was one against washington, where tyreke stole the ball from arenas to basically win the game.
tyreke is highly underrated. the f*&%ing warriors have like 3 times the amount of national tv games as the kings..doesnt make any sense

the warriors have been on national tv twice all year i believe...

so, wrong...

and explain to me why the kings should be on ntl tv more often then the warriors...what do they have...like 4 more wins...

MrFastBreak
03-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Curry sure has the advantage on the offensive side, but the only clear thing you could say hes better at is shooting which gives him a higher eFG%. Hes probably a slightly better scorer since he can shoot and a slightly better passer. But Reke's better at defending and rebounding and can get to the rim any time he wants.

I know what usage rate is, all Im asking is what is Reke's high usage rate suppose to convey? Reke uses more possessions yet hes producing more points per possession and is more efficient on offense with a 108 offensive rating.

Taller players sure do tend to be the best rebounders. But theyre not the best rebounders because theyre tall.

CityofTreez
03-09-2010, 12:32 PM
the warriors have been on national tv twice all year i believe...

so, wrong...

and explain to me why the kings should be on ntl tv more often then the warriors...what do they have...like 4 more wins...

The Kings are 1-0 on national television. They haven't lost.

Carey
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
A top 10 player in the league

Tribe
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
$$$...the basketball player formerly known as tyreke evans

billy17
03-09-2010, 01:32 PM
not i...i've seen him in 30+ games this year...live near sac..

keep coming with assumptions...its all you have....

All you have is stats, an area in which Curry has a couple slight advantages..

All you gotta do is watch em play. Not only is Tyreke putting up numbers that only a select few have in history, he's playing the same way Lebron and Wade and all them did as rookies. He's commanding games, carrying his team without a reliance on outside shooting. You cant deny hes already got insane handles that should only get better. He can break any player down off the dribble, and if you let them get a run out on you he'll slice you and dice you in ways you wont remember. He's got killer basketball instinct and it'll take him as far as he lets it in his career.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
wrong and wrong. The kings play the youngest squad in the league and are about to add another top talent in the Draft. Moreover, there is enough money to make a couple solid moves.

Evans has proven he is a legit player to build a franchise around.

Yeah so did CP3 and Deron Williams... what have they done? John Stockton is arguably the best of all time and he never won a ring. Nash was the best of his era and he has 0 rings. These PG oriented teams don't win rings... look at history.

Stockton, Kidd, Williams, CP3, Gary Payton, Nash all have never won rings.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh ok, you've lost all respect from him because he's making a speculation about a good young basketball player? And Tyreke has proven nothing? I think he's proven he can average 20/5/5 as a rookie which a **** load of other players couldn't prove, all but 3. Grow up buddy.

Okay let me explain what it is to prove something in the NBA.

Tim Duncan has proved something in the NBA with multiple MVPs, multiple rings, all star selections, NBA 1st team, etc....

What has Tyreke done... he had a good rookie season and probably ROY. He had 20/5/5 season on a terrible team... that proves he can play, but it doesn't mean he is going to win championships. How many guys start out well, many of them... and most of them don't win rings.

Grow up loser.

smith&wesson
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM

in my opionion:

1-lebron
2-durant
3-tyreke or melo
4-tyreke or melo

what do u guys think?

Did kobe, d wade, d howard, all drop off the map at the same time ??

how bout this list.

lebron
kobe
wade
melo
durant
howard
chris paul
deron williams

evans will be a great player but he isnt even the best point gaurd yet how can he be the third best player in the league.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
A guy has a great rookie season and you guys are talking about championships. Get the F outta here. And your talking about being 4th best in the league or top 5... get the F out of here. Please. Homers.

You guys did the same thing with Derrick Rose last year... look at him now... he got a little better and his team still sucks.

Clutch6
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I say a better version of Joe Johnson.

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 02:06 PM
A guy has a great rookie season and you guys are talking about championships. Get the F outta here. And your talking about being 4th best in the league or top 5... get the F out of here. Please. Homers.

You guys did the same thing with Derrick Rose last year... look at him now... he got a little better and his team still sucks.

haha... god forbid we talk about any player other then Kobe...right?? Do me the favor and quit being a bitter hater...

BOSTON617
03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
lol hes a rookie on sacramento like come on

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
lol hes a rookie on sacramento like come on

ok?

BOSTON617
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
ok?

ok im just saying obv a rookie in sacramento is going to have more of an impact on his team u put evans on any other team even say toronto hed be avg 15 ppg hes good but not great

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 02:33 PM
ok im just saying obv a rookie in sacramento is going to have more of an impact on his team u put evans on any other team even say toronto hed be avg 15 ppg hes good but not great

its not about his numbers but how he dominates on both sides of the court. Ive watched every single game hes played and no one had to throw stats at me for me to realize that this guy is on his way to stardom. Its just how he dominates.

BTW if Evans was in Toronto with Bosh then your Celtics wouldnt be in 1st place.

CityofTreez
03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
BTW if Evans was in Toronto with Bosh then your Celtics wouldnt be in 1st place.

Couldn't have said it better. Evans and the Kings were a couple missed FT away from beating the celtics.

It's hilarious how some of these opposing viewpoints critique Tyreke Evans and the Kings, when most haven't watched more than 5-10 games of the Kings this season.

This year, we were picked to be the worst team and total 14 wins (Chris Brousseard-worthless POS) Now, we have almost beaten some of the best in LAL, Boston, Cleveland, Dallas. We have handled the Nuggets twice this year, and Evans single-handedly beat the Nuggets (last year, Nuggets gave us our worst home loss in Kings Franchise History, 38 point defcit at home).

If you look at our team, it is amazing at how Evans has made them better. Beno is having one of his best seasons, Donte Greene came out of his shell and stepped up his defense, Casspi is just awesome when teamed up with Tyreke, Hawes has been improving as of late, and when it's all said and done, Carl Landry is mesh well with Tyreke in the future.

AI4MVP
03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
im sorry but u guys are all ****in ******** when u keep talking about how hes on a bad team. great players always get drafted by bad teams and start of with bad teams. this kings team is way better then lebrons ***** *** cavs the first year he was drafted.

BOSTON617
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
lol hes a good player but not top 10 lol you guys are crazy and the raptors are good but there is no way of knowing if theyd beat my celts because they dont have evans lol its was an example not getting into hes is good and who ever said every good young talent gets drafted to a sucky team doesnt know anything if u recall detroit pistons 03 draft had #2 pick could of had bosh carmello wade piked darko sooo not entirly true

CityofTreez
03-09-2010, 03:15 PM
lol hes a good player but not top 10 lol you guys are crazy and the raptors are good but there is no way of knowing if theyd beat my celts because they dont have evans lol its was an example not getting into hes is good and who ever said every good young talent gets drafted to a sucky team doesnt know anything if u recall detroit pistons 03 draft had #2 pick could of had bosh carmello wade piked darko sooo not entirly true

or the Grizzlies/Thunder could've drafted Evans over Thabeet or Harden!

alencp3
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Well Harden is not that bad:rolleyes:

Mile High Champ
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
He WIll be the first Tyreke Evans. It is as smiple as that. I really hate this kind of threads with a passion..

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Well Harden is not that bad:rolleyes:

so you would take Harden over Evans??? :rolleyes:

Stunner
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Our team still sucks but we are in da playoffs this year doesnt mean anything for us its all about next year.

Stunner
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM

hell no

Mayo
Evans
Gay
Z-BO
Gasol

Westbrook
Evans
Durant
Green
NK

:drool:

CityofTreez
03-09-2010, 03:46 PM
He WIll be the first Tyreke Evans. It is as smiple as that. I really hate this kind of threads with a passion..

Welcome to the NBA forum. I would never venture over here, but unforunatley a certain player I root for is being debated.

This is a pointless thread. Tyreke Evans will be a a basketball player that still garners a lisp in a few years!

BOSTON617
03-09-2010, 03:47 PM

exactly i mean its really all about the syestem right now sac syestem is evans thats y he is one of the better rookies if he went to mem or oklc he wouldnt be as good because those teams are looking in a dif direction:cool:

Kingz4L
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I watched every Kings game on Online Broadband, I dont care what team he plays for, the only possible reason he wouldnt average 20ppg is beacuse he wouldnt be given 15-20 shots a game on a different team but if he was, he would be dominating the same way, so stop hating on the guy, I feel like we are very lucky to have him, the guy looks like he could be the next big thing, all he needs to do is improve his jumpshot. Oh and by the way he is very clutch, dont believe me, go watch him on Youtube.

alencp3
03-09-2010, 04:44 PM

I would take only James,CP3 and maybe Durant over Evans this decade ;)

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
exactly i mean its really all about the syestem right now sac syestem is evans thats y he is one of the better rookies if he went to mem or oklc he wouldnt be as good because those teams are looking in a dif direction:cool:

all your looking at is scoring.... thats why your POV isnt revelent. Your not considering his leadership, defense or anything else.

CityofTreez
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM

you can argue Tyreke on the OKC Thunder, but if you think Evans wouldn't be succeeding in memphis, you've lost your ****ing mind. If you think Conley Jr. is the right direction, then what the hell is your perception of the Grizzlies.

How on earth would this not be in the right direction:
Mayo/Conley/Evans
Evans/Mayo
Gay

heathonater
03-09-2010, 05:39 PM
evans can either be a great pg or great shooting guard, which depends on if the kings get wall this year. if they somehow get wall, watch out for the kings.

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Wall and Evans = :drool::drool::drool:...

Saltinuts40
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
top 5, not a chance:

2013:
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Chris Paul

Those players will all still be better than Evans. For now, there is no sure thing he is even better than Stephen Curry. If Curry continues to be a gym rat, he will surpass the athletically gifted Evans. Hard workers always outlast athletes.

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
top 5, not a chance:

2013:
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Chris Paul

Those players will all still be better than Evans. For now, there is no sure thing he is even better than Stephen Curry. If Curry continues to be a gym rat, he will surpass the athletically gifted Evans. Hard workers always outlast athletes.

and who the hell is saying that Evans wont continue to work on his game...

n83417
03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Until the Assists go up, and the TOs go down, hell remain at the bottom of that list. (Which is still pretty good)

He is averaging just over 5 assists and just under 3 TOs Per game.

But he does have the size and skills to soon become and elite player

jmtapia
03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Until the Assists go up, and the TOs go down, hell remain at the bottom of that list. (Which is still pretty good)

the thing about assist is that you have to rely on other players making shots. Trust me if Evans had more consistent shooters around him he would easily be around 8 ast/g... but i agree he needs to work on his AST/TO rate and other aspects of his game. Luckily he is very young and has plenty of time to do so...

CityofTreez
03-09-2010, 06:08 PM
This Thread is going nowhere. people wasting each others time

n83417
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
the thing about assist is that you have to rely on other players making shots. Trust me if Evans had more consistent shooters around him he would easily be around 8 ast/g... but i agree he needs to work on his AST/TO rate and other aspects of his game. Luckily he is very young and has plenty of time to do so...

The kings actually have a lot of players that shoot at a high percentage

Thompsen, Casspi, Hawes, beno udrih and now carl landry all 46% and up.

it seems to me hes more of a 2 guard playing point guard? i dont get to watch him regularly but i would imagine the players mentioned are the guys he plays alongside much of the time.

I am, however, glad he is putting Brandon Jennings ROY talk to sleep.

alencp3
03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
This Thread is going nowhere. people wasting each others time

They are haters

Vinny642
03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
I couldn't get on yesterday so today!! I will begin making the Tyreke Sig

JayW_1023
03-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I remember people telling me I was crazy picking Evans over Harden after last years draft.

Vinny642
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM
I finished my Tyreke sig, Im not sure how I feel, how do you guys feel?

I know this isn't a graphics forum but whatever.
TYREKE EVANS!
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/Vinny6420/?action=view&current=TyrekeRoy22copy.jpg

billy17
03-10-2010, 02:08 AM

I think people forget that he is only 20. Like the 4th or 5th youngest player in the league. If you ever watched him youd know hes got pretty great court vision. Rarely does he throw it away, most TOs are on dribble moves and carries, which should be easy to correct.

CowboysKB24
03-10-2010, 02:23 AM
haha... god forbid we talk about any player other then Kobe...right?? Do me the favor and quit being a bitter hater...

Yeah... where did that come from? I guess you had nothing educated to say so you had to come up with that. I don't think I have ever had a conversation with you on this website. You know nothing about me or my ideas about sports. So do me a favor and don't talk to me. What you just said has absolutely nothing with the thread... you said it because your stupid.

CowboysKB24
03-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Our team still sucks but we are in da playoffs this year doesnt mean anything for us its all about next year.

Read what you just wrote... it sounds terrible. I think every players on the Bulls would smack you in the face. Bulls don't suck. I do agree that they have a better chance than most teams in getting a star because their team doesn't suck.

Kyle916
03-10-2010, 02:59 AM

First of all, Evans isn't a world class athlete; so there's one problem with your argument. He can't rely on athletic ability at all.

Second, Evans is an extremely hard worker.

I forget... this is coming from a Warriors fan.

billy17
03-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Honestly, Warriors fans are making me a little mad at Steph Curry

But I think he's awesome, just not Tyriffic

n83417
03-10-2010, 07:19 AM
I think people forget that he is only 20. Like the 4th or 5th youngest player in the league. If you ever watched him youd know hes got pretty great court vision. Rarely does he throw it away, most TOs are on dribble moves and carries, which should be easy to correct.

read my last line, bro.

n83417
03-10-2010, 07:20 AM

read my last line, bro.

And if he doesnt "correct" that one thing, and moves to the 2, where he belongs, hell be much better off. hes really not a true point anyway

jmtapia
03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah... where did that come from? I guess you had nothing educated to say so you had to come up with that. I don't think I have ever had a conversation with you on this website. You know nothing about me or my ideas about sports. So do me a favor and don't talk to me. What you just said has absolutely nothing with the thread... you said it because your stupid.

you go on here calling people homers, losers and now stupid... im glad i dont run into you more often or id probably be banned from this site.

BOSTON617
03-10-2010, 02:25 PM
you can argue Tyreke on the OKC Thunder, but if you think Evans wouldn't be succeeding in memphis, you've lost your ****ing mind. If you think Conley Jr. is the right direction, then what the hell is your perception of the Grizzlies.

How on earth would this not be in the right direction:
Mayo/Conley/Evans
Evans/Mayo
Gay

i never said he wouldnt be good i sasid he was a great player he jsut isnt a lebron james wade cp3 and on mem he wouldnt be a 1st option is sac he is basically there only option im just saying his stats wouldnt be as good thats all im saying dudes gunna be good just no superstar

alencp3
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Evans,Curry,Griffin,Harden,Jennings,Thornton,Colli son,Lawson,Gibson,Blair,Jerebko etc etc.
what a draft this year was!
I think the best after 2003.