PDA

View Full Version : What Have We Learned in this 2009-2010 Regular Season So Far?

ko8e24
03-07-2010, 11:46 PM
What have we learned so far this season?

Here's mine

1) There is no clear cut favorite to win it all this season. Each and every elite team has its positives, but also a lot of negatives.

2) This is the one season where I have seen the most outrageous trades and free agent signings made, where the rich become richer in the hopes of matching up personnel-wise to a defending champion of the league.

3) The NBA is becoming stronger with uprising young teams in the Thunder, Grizzlies and Bucks

4) The Big 3 of San Antonio and the Big 3 of Boston may be in their last seasons together pending on how far each team goes this season, and their respective unrestricted free agents this summer in Ray Allen and Manu Ginobili.

5) The rookies of this season have had such big roles on their respectives teams, that they've grown up a lot (ex Curry, Evans, Jennings, Collison)

6) The New Orleans Hornets don't know where there franchise is going. They are going to have financial problems in keeping CP3, and there will be a dilemma of either going with CP3 or Collison for the future

7) 14 yrs in, at the age of 31, Kobe Bryant is as dangerous and clutch as he has ever been throughout his entire career.

8) Shaquille O'neal, age 37, 18yr veteran, still can't act his age and seniority level in the NBA

9) The road for a team's quest to repeat is very very difficult

10) Injuries once again have killed a small portion of this season

11) The CLippers franchise is at an all-time low and are putting too much investment in the return of Blake Griffin. It seems that's all they're depending on now.

12) The Economy has forced team's to make many lopsided trades because of need of salary cap relief.

13) Head coaches have become free agents. Example is George Karl, who's already stated that he might go coach a team next yr that'll offer him more $$$. And Phil Jackson has already gone out on record saying that he refuses to take a paycut next season if he stays with the Lakers beyond this season.

14) Teams like the Toronto Raptors etc. are not getting enough national television coverage

15) The officiating league-wide is getting worse and worse and worse and worse by the month.

16) Steve Nash and Jason Kidd, with old legs, are still capable of running the show for their respective ball clubs and are still among the elite point guards of our era

17) It's hard for one guy to stay with one team for such a long time. So props to Dirk, Pierce, Duncan, Kobe and other guys that have been able to do it.

18) There are too many loopholes in the whole trading away and retrieving that same player. Ex. Cavs and Big Z. NBA Needs to do something about this. NBA should also look into the fact that you can't use a contract of a free agent that is no longer actively playing on your team, and use that contract for a trade (ex. Cavs trying to trade Wally's contract, and the Mavs trading away Keith Van Horn's contract a few yrs ago to get Kidd, and the Lakers a few yrs back using Aaron Mckie's contract to get Pau)

19) The entire ALL-star weekend needs a revamp. More competitors in the 3pt and slam dunk contest should help. Also, change the way the teams are assembled for the all-star game. It's the same redundant crap over and over and over and over again.

20) The NBA has become a twitter-dominated league. Even breaking news, free agent signings, and trades are announced on twitter before they go up on TV or sports websites.

ko8e24
03-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Interesting, so I guess yall haven't learned anything about certain aspects of the league this season.

I guess yall more interested in talking about Allen Iverson's alcohol addiction or T-Mac trying to woo LeBron to NY. :eyebrow:

Avenged
03-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Interesting, so I guess yall haven't learned anything about certain aspects of the league this season.

I guess yall more interested in talking about Allen Iverson's alcohol addiction or T-Mac trying to woo LeBron to NY. :eyebrow:

Haha don't feel bad nobody has replied to your thread! :p

I didn't really read much of it lol but I learned everyone gets a little more excited than usual when beating the Lakers. :cool:

Swashcuff
03-08-2010, 12:37 AM
man thats too much to read. Its late where Im at.

What I've learned so far this season is that my favourite player's career is all but over.

MacFitz92
03-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I've learned that some of the best PGs out there seem to be veterans. (Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chauncey Billups).

I've also learned that the NBA lacks good big men.

I've learned that there isn't a team out there that seems to be the clear cut favorite to win it. (Although Dallas is looking pretty damn good as of late. :D)

Chronz
03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
ive learned that there is no such thing as an unbiased opinion of ur favorite team/player or least fav for that matter. that derrick rose relies on his midrange game tooo much. that the general population will probably never understand stats.

jimbobjarree
03-08-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm learning what its like to get a lotto pick and a high playoff seeding in the same season

Chronz
03-08-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm learning what its like to get a lotto pick and a high playoff seeding in the same season as oposed to watching your dynasty cultivating lotto pick go to an already good team it must be bittersweet. heres hoping the jazz dnt blow this one

iggypop123
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
what i learned? when the lakers lose this board explodes. when the lakers win this board explodes.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
LBJ is the best basketball player in this planet.

Chacarron
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Kevin Durant is a MONSTER!!!!!

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Kevin Durant is a MONSTER!!!!!

Durant=:drool::drool::drool:

AIsixersFK
03-08-2010, 01:55 AM
I Learned that the 76ers will never win a championship in my lifetime.

That I am better at basketball than Willie Green.

How to properly execute GYM TAN and LAUNDRY

RaysFan
03-08-2010, 01:57 AM
1. That LeBron James actually took his game to a different level. This is the single biggest story of the NBA so far. I am in utter amazement every time I watch the man play. I never thought I would ever see a better player than Jordan...but for the first time since MJ retired I can honestly say that I could see LBJ passing Mike some day. Odds are it won't happen, but I won't put it past him at all.

2. The rookies are impressive and we haven't even seen Griffin or Rubio yet.

3. Durant is going to be an MVP sometime soon.

4. Greg Oden can't stay healthy.

5. The league is going to have to get their finances in order.

jlee3936
03-08-2010, 02:01 AM
the portland trailblazers center position is cursed

shep33
03-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Portland and the Clippers are cursed...

And Kobe doesn't fall for guys faking passes into his face haha

sargon21
03-08-2010, 02:10 AM
drose will be a top 5 guard in this league soon, max 2 yrs, but no one on this site will admit that b/c of all the hate that comes bulls fans ways

_KB24_
03-08-2010, 02:23 AM
That my once favorite players are getting old.

Iverson : Done
Shaq: Done
Garnett: Almost Done
TMAC: Done

Kobe: Prime time baby! :clap:

ko8e24
03-08-2010, 03:03 AM
drose will be a top 5 guard in this league soon, max 2 yrs, but no one on this site will admit that b/c of all the hate that comes bulls fans ways

Who's Derrick Rose? :hide:

king_couttsy
03-08-2010, 04:15 AM
Head coaches have become free agents. Example is George Karl, who's already stated that he might go coach a team next yr that'll offer him more $$$. And Phil Jackson has already gone out on record saying that he refuses to take a paycut next season if he stays with the Lakers beyond this season.

Um.

George Karl has agreed in principle to a 1 year contract extension with the Nuggets. One year deal only, given the likely lockout which is going to occur...

:facepalm:

Sox Appeal
03-08-2010, 04:25 AM
1. That LeBron James actually took his game to a different level. This is the single biggest story of the NBA so far. I am in utter amazement every time I watch the man play. I never thought I would ever see a better player than Jordan...but for the first time since MJ retired I can honestly say that I could see LBJ passing Mike some day. Odds are it won't happen, but I won't put it past him at all.

2. The rookies are impressive and we haven't even seen Griffin or Rubio yet.

3. Durant is going to be an MVP sometime soon.

4. Greg Oden can't stay healthy.

5. The league is going to have to get their finances in order.

Great post. Agreed with every word.

ko8e24
03-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Um.

George Karl has agreed in principle to a 1 year contract extension with the Nuggets. One year deal only, given the likely lockout which is going to occur...

:facepalm:

Calm down wise guy, I didn't know that. But looking at his condition, there's no guarantee he'll be back with any NBA team because he might want to take some rest and get away from the stresses of basketball.

I just hope his surgery today goes well. Praying and pulling hard for him and his family.

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 06:15 AM
i've learned that no matter who is on the warriors roster...4 out of 5 starters on the team will at some point during the season suffer long term injuries...

JayW_1023
03-08-2010, 06:20 AM
The Spurs are now a possible first round spoiler instead of a presumed title contender. I still think we could make noise if we remain in relative health.

ko8e24
03-08-2010, 01:11 PM
The Spurs are now a possible first round spoiler instead of a presumed title contender. I still think we could make noise if we remain in relative health.

Isn't Parker out for 6-8 wks with broken bone in right hand. He may not be fully back for the 1st rd of the playoffs.

ValuePick
03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I've learned that nobody knows/cares the Milwaukee Bucks exist, even though they have had a very entertaining season.

iggypop123
03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I've learned that nobody knows/cares the Milwaukee Bucks exist, even though they have had a very entertaining season.

all the people talk about the bucks is about jennings and his fg%. but he runs that team so well, he just cant hit the net

jimbobjarree
03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
as oposed to watching your dynasty cultivating lotto pick go to an already good team it must be bittersweet. heres hoping the jazz dnt blow this one

here here!

JNA17
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
1. PSD's average age.

2. Durant is yummy.

3. reminder of how clutch kobe is.

4. PSD is more moronic this year then last.

5. The Grizzlies should have picked up Tyreke Evans

ValuePick
03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
all the people talk about the bucks is about jennings and his fg%. but he runs that team so well, he just cant hit the net

Really its all about Andrew Bogut. Jennings is doing fine even though he isn't scoring as much. The 55-point night was a curse.

bigsams50
03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
1 Kobe is as good as ever
2 Some PSD users have killed the :facepalm:
3 LBJ's game is entering a level of its own
4 The Magic werent a fluke last year
5 The Celtics big 3 might be done

DaBUU
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Who's Derrick Rose? :hide:

:mad:

MTone8788
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
1. The Thunder is a good center away from being a serious championship contender.

2. My Sixers have good individual talent but are a horrible team.

3. Gilbert Arenas proved to be the d-bag I always thought he was.

4. Antawn Jamison finally gets a chance to be on a real team.

DodgerBulls
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I Learned that the 76ers will never win a championship in my lifetime.

That I am better at basketball than Willie Green.

How to properly execute GYM TAN and LAUNDRY

This guy can handle any given "situation."

ldc62
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Lots: Greg Oden is a bust, KD is a beast, Tmac isn't good anymore, Knick fans just can't wait for 2010 free agency, Nets are terrible, Reffing didn't get better.

MTone8788
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I learned that Delonte West is literally a SHOOTER! Or ready to be one at least...