PDA

View Full Version : Was this Orlando-Lakers game today the worst officiated game you ever seen?

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Ive seen some pretty bad ones before, last year in the orlando-cavs series, boston-bulls. even back in the day with the bulls- jazz series, but i cant even remember a game as poorly refereed as this one. the pietrus alley oop they called off for interference. the two fouls on howard which were bogus, barnes and kobe should of been both thrown out of the game. also what about the 3 pointers they had to review and switch back. its cool to miss one, but they missed on three of those calls and even a lewis 3 point that was clearly past the shot clock and had to review that. so of you guys that watched the game, wasnt this a horrible officiated game and one of the worse you had seen?

tMoNEy24
03-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I was going to post during the game but decided to wait till someone else noticed it.. Seemed like they wanted the Lakers to stay in the game. That was Horrible

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I was going to post during the game but decided to wait till someone else noticed it.. Seemed like they wanted the Lakers to stay in the game. That was Horrible

yea, not to piss laker fans off, but the refs heavily favored the lakers on a lot of plays especially with the two fouls on howard. if gortat didnt have a pretty good game, the lakers would of won cause the refs everytime howard sneezed called a foul on him.

m26555
Gasol should have been ejected as well for his ***** cheap shot on Dwight's dunk.

E.O.21
That was pathetic officiating on both sides

tMoNEy24
03-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I've seen worse.. 2002 kings lakers WCF was waay worse. But this was terrible

ManRam
03-07-2010, 07:40 PM
No. It was horrendous, but it was FAR from the worse because of one thing.

It was 100% equally terrible for both sides. All you can ask for is calls that are consistent for BOTH teams...and they were consistently terrible for both.

For example. On Pau's flagrant (and the subsequent bad call on the MP dunk)...that shouldn't have happened because Dwight blatantly grabbed Pau by the jersey. That should have been his 6th (not that the other 5 were legit), and those plays wouldn't have happened.

Consistently bad.

Jason5Kidd5
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM

I agree. The refs were pushing hard to keep L.A. in the game. I guess they couldn't even pull out a W with the ref's help.

I know the Laker fans will come in and say the refs blew such-and-such a call against a Laker player, but you have to be a homer to NOT understand that Orlando got the short end of the stick on the calls.

Good job Magic! :clap:
Epic fail, Refs! :facepalm:

Can't think of the specific game (which teams were playing) but I do believe seeing worse.

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
No. It was horrendous, but it was FAR from the worse because of one thing.

It was 100% equally terrible for both sides. All you can ask for is calls that are consistent for BOTH teams...and they were consistently terrible for both.

yea there were some bad calls called on the lakers, but some of the ones called against the magic were just omfg you gotta be kidding me kind of calls

GrandDaddyPurp
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
i've seen worse.. 2002 kings lakers wcf was waay worse. But this was terrible

+1

ko8e24
03-07-2010, 07:43 PM
They were crappy on both sides, they let a lot of trash talking get outta hand on both sides.

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree. The refs were pushing hard to keep L.A. in the game. I guess they couldn't even pull out a W with the ref's help.

I know the Laker fans will come in and say the refs blew such-and-such a call against a Laker player, but you have to be a homer to NOT understand that Orlando got the short end of the stick on the calls.

Good job Magic! :clap:
Epic fail, Refs! :facepalm:

Can't think of the specific game (which teams were playing) but I do believe seeing worse.

im sure ive seen worse to and just cant think of a game even though phoenix series 3 years ago comes to memory with amare being suspended and all, but this is one of the worst ones i have ever seen if not the worst from memory

NYY NYJ NYK
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I couldn't see it because of the ABC-Cablevision "fight"

Jason5Kidd5
03-07-2010, 07:48 PM
yea there were some bad calls called on the lakers, but some of the ones called against the magic were just omfg you gotta be kidding me kind of calls

The foul calls on Dwight (2 that I can remember) were completely bogus, which ultimately limited his playing time in the 1st half. That is a HUGE blow.

IversonIsKrazy
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
this game was just awful, both sides. I have seen worse (lakers VS kings 2002 WCF) but man was this game just awful. They missed i think 4 illegal screens all damaging Fisher. THe Pietrus interferance call was the worst call I had ever seen in my life since Duncan getting ejected out of the game for laughing. This game was terrible in past memory, but there have been worse games.

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM

true that, that was a pretty brutal series as well. i cant remember a regular season game this badly officiated

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
The foul calls on Dwight (2 that I can remember) were completely bogus, which ultimately limited his playing time in the 1st half. That is a HUGE blow.

yea, those were the two and the pietrus alley oop that was just the kind of you gotta be kidding me i was talking about

RadiantShot
03-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Let's see what was wrong today.

1. Kobe and Matt should've BOTH gotten ejected.
2. Dereck Fisher didn't get called for 2 blatant fouls on Jameer that he was TRYING to commit.
3. Dwight grabbed Gasol's shirt (From what I've heard.) No call.
4. Dwight was called for his 5th foul, but was held while a Laker was inbounding.
5. Dwight got called for a foul on Odom, but Dwight wasn't within a foot of the guy.
6. I'd list more, but I'm too tired, and I don't remember some of them.

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 08:00 PM

2. Dereck Fisher didn't get called for 2 blatant fouls on Jameer that he was TRYING to commit.
4. Dwight was called for his 5th foul, but was held while a Laker was inbounding.
5. Dwight got called for a foul on Odom, but Dwight wasn't within a foot of the guy.

how bout pietrus basket interference call on the oop. that was horrible

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2010, 08:02 PM

When Gasol kinda brushed Dwight hard, and Dwight was called with the foul:facepalm: I think it was his 4th.

Today was definately one of the worst this year...almost as bad, was the game with the Raps and Denver...

shep33
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
it was bad both ways. Magic we're setting illegal picks, and lakers got some calls. Barnes prolly should've been ejected but im glad he wasn't, kept the game interesting.

Angel2Maverick
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
let me see...
Lakers vs Kings oh the insanity
Miami vs Dallas omg...
Dallas vs Denver there were 60 fouls called

JnasD
03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Im pissed that i didn't get to see this game because of The Cablevison and ABC Battle. Sounded like a very physical game.

Kingz4L
03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
The league is fixed...forget about hope...I feel sorry for you Dallas fans but you will suffer the same fate when you play LA in the WCF. Hope you dont spend your hard earned dollas in attending a game....you will wish you had your money back.

iggypop123
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
yea, not to piss laker fans off, but the refs heavily favored the lakers on a lot of plays especially with the two fouls on howard. if gortat didnt have a pretty good game, the lakers would of won cause the refs everytime howard sneezed called a foul on him.

they tried to make it up by giving bynum fouls for anything he did. i guess thats what you get for the 25k fine for criticizing refs.

Angel2Maverick
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
The league is fixed...forget about hope...I feel sorry for you Dallas fans but you will suffer the same fate when you play LA in the WCF. Hope you dont spend your hard earned dollas in attending a game....you will wish you had your money back.

As long as Stern is here maybe but hey, anything can happen in the NBA that's why i love the game

iggypop123
03-07-2010, 08:12 PM

it seemed like not only did they mis manage the situations but they got them all wrong as well. for example the barnes situation. double T, even though barnes did all the instigation. then on the other play kobe gave him a masked forearm masked by the idea he was getting out of the way from his jump. if they had called it correctly that woludl have been a T on barnes, the next play a double foul or double T. then Barnes again( i get the feeling SVG was loving every second of this) destroys fisher, then fish gets in his face. Again a double foul? wtf, thats a foul on barnes and then a T on fisher. then they let howard mad handle gasol to which he gives a hard foul yet it = a flagrant. man im touching the tip of this game. the first quarter omg. reminded me of last weeks game against the nuggets. it seems like when its a nationally televised game the refs go out of their way to give calls to the lakers opponents so it doesnt look fixed. seriously 18FT! de ja vu from the 4th quarter of game 4 of the finals. rant over...

Kingz4L
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I hope Dallas or Cavs win it this year

1. Dirk deserves a ring...the guy is just amazing and got screwed out of 1 in 06...talk about fouls..watch that series (D-Wade averaged like 25ft's a game) FIXED!!
2. Lebron needs a ring so all the fans realize he's the best in the league.

3. The Kings deserve one because...well I think you all know.

iggypop123
03-07-2010, 08:18 PM

1. Dirk deserves a ring...the guy is just amazing and got screwed out of 1 in 06...talk about fouls..watch that series (D-Wade averaged like 25ft's a game) FIXED!!

how can you contradict yourself like that?

AirCanada15ORL
03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
2002 kings lakers WCF was probably worse. THere have been worse. Today's was pretty awful though.
I thought it was bad on both sides, but jesus when Pietrus' alley oop got called off for interference I realized that they were trying to assist the Lakers no doubt. I laughed when they called a travel on Vince though on inbounding the ball. Never seen that before.

TmacBryant
03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
it was bad, but not that bad. bulls celtics was pretty nasty last year.

magichatnumber9
03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
How is it over the cylinder when it's a pass. Someone show me the rule on that. You can't shoot the ball on a in-bounds pass. You shouldn't be able to just make up a foul on the spot. Great call Dick B

Kingz4L
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
how can you contradict yourself like that?

Because its true, I watched most of the teams and players perform.

And Lebron is in a league of his own, the guy can do anything...and the best part is you know its commin but you still cant stop him...Once he polishes his jump shot even more he will be considered the best who ever played. I truly believe that. I love Michael Jordan but this is just something I have never seen..Lebron can be a mix of Magic and MJ once he reaches his full potential.

To all the people that disagree with me, thats cool but try to understand how good your team would be with 1 player added to your team.

When Jordan was with the Bulls he was killin it but he failed to reach the finals...Lebron did that with benchwarmers...just saying, imagine Lebron playing with the Magic or Mavericks...whats your prediction 76-6 maybe??

jkiddvc20
03-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I couldn't see it because of the ABC-Cablevision "fight"

This stupid little fued is annoying the hell out of me no Oscars tonight because of that crap.

iggypop123
03-07-2010, 08:36 PM

And Lebron is in a league of his own, the guy can do anything...and the best part is you know its commin but you still cant stop him...Once he polishes his jump shot even more he will be considered the best who ever played. I truly believe that. I love Michael Jordan but this is just something I have never seen..Lebron can be a mix of Magic and MJ once he reaches his full potential.

To all the people that disagree with me, thats cool but try to understand how good your team would be with 1 player added to your team.

When Jordan was with the Bulls he was killin it but he failed to reach the finals...Lebron did that with benchwarmers...just saying, imagine Lebron playing with the Magic or Mavericks...whats your prediction 76-6 maybe??

i was talking about the fouls thing. you say dirk deserves it cause he was screwed by wade and 25ft a game. hello? lebron will likely get 30 a game and end up screwing dirk

Kingz4L
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM

BTW: I meant when he was by himself before (Pippen,Harper,Rodman etc.)

Teeboy1487
03-07-2010, 08:39 PM
To the op, it was bad on both sides man. From the illegal screens, the phantom fouls on Bynum, Barnes should have had 5 technical fouls since he was not thrown out, Dwight practically trying to rip off Gasol's Jersey with no call, Kobe was hit a few times on his jump shots but no calls, Vince actually getting away with traveling on the court. This game is up there with the worst officiated of all time. It was that bad. I'm not going to get into the idiot calls Orlando received. Still, that "over the cylinder" thing with Pietrus was probably one of the worst calls I ever seen. I was even outraged and it actually helped my team. That was not anything to be proud of at all.

Kingz4L
03-07-2010, 08:43 PM
i was talking about the fouls thing. you say dirk deserves it cause he was screwed by wade and 25ft a game. hello? lebron will likely get 30 a game and end up screwing dirk

Well Lebron actually gets hit because he's so strong and hes running like Bolt on the court, but what bothers me is the touch fouls after the shot...and the only guy that gets that benefit the most is Kobe...He is a sick shooter but you could not touch him when he was shooting the ball...Its not happening as much this year as it has in the past but its still B.S.

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 08:52 PM
How is it over the cylinder when it's a pass. Someone show me the rule on that. You can't shoot the ball on a in-bounds pass. You shouldn't be able to just make up a foul on the spot. Great call Dick B

exactly..... the refs messed that play up

KBfrom8to24
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM

4. Your King will win a ring soon, as long as Stern is still the NBA Commissioner.

5. Don't loose hope for your King, because he is the choosen one.

6. You can see bad officiating from different teams, but you can't see how your King benefitted from these bad refs.

Bruno
03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
No way. I agree with ManRam. It was horrible but it was consistently horrible. I can deal with that.

Plus, isn't everyone on the forum always complaining about how "soft" the NBA has become and that the refs never let the guys play? We got to watch a very physical ball game today and I loved it. I haven't had more fun watching a game this season, despite my team losing. I thought it was a great game, and I'm glad they let the guys get physical. There were a lot of free throws, but hey, it didn't check the intensity in the arena.

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
No way. I agree with ManRam. It was horrible but it was consistently horrible. I can deal with that.

Plus, isn't everyone on the forum always complaining about how "soft" the NBA has become and that the refs never let the guys play? We got to watch a very physical ball game today and I loved it. I haven't had more fun watching a game this season, despite my team losing. I thought it was a great game, and I'm glad they let the guys get physical. There were a lot of free throws, but hey, it didn't check the intensity in the arena.

it was funny cause the refs called fouls on the softest plays and didnt call anything on the hardest ones

Bruno
03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
33% of voters saying Yes to this question shows you how young the average poster on this forum is.

macc
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't think either team benefited by the calls. Equally bad on both sides. The only one that really got to me was the alley oop to MP. I'm just thinking they were making up rules there. Barnes prob should of gotten kicked out.

In any case win or lose I thought it was a great game to watch. Prob the best Magic game I've seen all year. They just let each team beat each other up until it was over. Can't wait till the playoffs

DCB/LAL
03-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Well Lebron actually gets hit because he's so strong and hes running like Bolt on the court, but what bothers me is the touch fouls after the shot...and the only guy that gets that benefit the most is Kobe...He is a sick shooter but you could not touch him when he was shooting the ball...Its not happening as much this year as it has in the past but its still B.S.

Isn't that pretty much a foul? If you touch a guy when he's shooting that doesn't classify as a foul?

MacFitz92
03-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Bad officiated game. But not even close to the worst ever.

It's almost as they made a bad call, then kept trying to make up for it on both sides.

ldc62
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
It was pretty bad, worst officiated game this year... but then I watched the Rockets Pistons game and the refs are just giving the pistons the win.

Chacarron
03-07-2010, 09:45 PM
It was terrible but fun to watch. Both these teams want to see each other again in the Finals. If it happens, expect one of the roughest Finals in a long time.

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2010, 09:47 PM
No. There have been the likes of Game 2 of the 2008 NBA Finals (38-10) and Game 4 of the 2009 NBA Finals (18-0 in 4th for FTs) and the entire 2004 NBA Finals.

ManRam
03-07-2010, 09:53 PM
No. There have been the likes of Game 2 of the 2008 NBA Finals (38-10) and Game 4 of the 2009 NBA Finals (18-0 in 4th for FTs) and the entire 2004 NBA Finals.

Or any other series/game the Lakers lost ;)

I'm just kidding. You are right though. Again, today's was terrible, but it was not terribly lopsided (probably favored LA a smidgen). I don't think it would crack my top 25 list if I ever became a loser enough to do that.

ko8e24
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
"Life is Like A Box of Chocolates"

-Forrest Gump

J_M_B
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah, this was one of the worst officiating games I have seen in a while..

It was pathetic..

_KB24_
03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Or any other series/game the Lakers lost ;)

I'm just kidding. You are right though. Again, today's was terrible, but it was not terribly lopsided (probably favored LA a smidgen). I don't think it would crack my top 25 list if I ever became a loser enough to do that.

Agree. The game was horribly officiated, but it was officiated with consistency. They called the same calls the whole game and let the talk all they want. I wonder how Joe Crawford would have officiated this game :speechless:

Game of the Year IMO, I don't even care if we lost. It would have been memorable if it had gone to OT, even better.

fairandbalanced
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Well the refs did their best to see the Lakers avoid a 3 game losing streak.....but even the Lakers and the Refs could not win this game.....that's probably the first game the refs lost in NBA history. And I was rooting for the Lakers because I wanted the Magic to lose, but common mein, that was just tooo biased.

DCB/LAL
03-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Well the refs did their best to see the Lakers avoid a 3 game losing streak.....but even the Lakers and the Refs could not win this game.....that's probably the first game the refs lost in NBA history. And I was rooting for the Lakers because I wanted the Magic to lose, but common mein, that was just tooo biased.

You rooting for the Lakers? Thats luaghable! :laugh: :laugh2:

NYMetros
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Is anyone surprised? Bennett Salvadore was reffing it.

Toenail Clipper
03-07-2010, 10:25 PM
That ****** Matt Barnes should've been thrown out decades before!
He's an idiot!

D Roses Bulls
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
That ****** Matt Barnes should've been thrown out decades before!
He's an idiot!

yes he should have, but as JVG said as well, so should of kobe.

Double_R
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
The Magic-Cavs last year was the worst officiated games 1-6

The game was insane, the refs and the magic's turnovers kept the lakers in the game. It was definitely a playoff type atmosphere...I liked the intensity, not the refs.

I understand Laker fans saying it was evenly officiated, but when I see fake ***** magic fans on here saying that they thought it was... as shaq would say they are just frontrunners, the Magic don't need you find another team... That game was obviously one sided(laker sided), if you didn't see that, then you are not a Magic fan, you don't have the passion, let me guess you probably thought the Cavs series last year was evenly officiated too, huh?... when there are a ton of fans of other teams on here saying they thought it was one sided, then there is something to that...and if a Magic fan doesn't see it, they are no fan at all.

MagicBucsSox
03-07-2010, 10:36 PM
worst ever was last yrs ECF where it was balantly seen they wanted cleveland to advance, IM GLAD JEFF VAN GUNDY ALSO NOTICES DWIGHT GETS THE WORST FOUL CALL AND THE MOST PHANTOM FOULS IVE EVER SEEN

_KB24_
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM

I love how your name is fairandbalanced, but yo always have biased opinions :laugh2:

SlowMo
03-07-2010, 10:40 PM

WHAT! Lebron is nowhere near the passer that Magic was, and nowehere near the shooter that MJ was. Lebron is his own beast, and you're right that he is an amazing ball-player. But he is no Magic and he is no MJ, no comparison between them really cause all three players dominated the game in different ways.

Lakersfan2483
03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Ive seen some pretty bad ones before, last year in the orlando-cavs series, boston-bulls. even back in the day with the bulls- jazz series, but i cant even remember a game as poorly refereed as this one. the pietrus alley oop they called off for interference. the two fouls on howard which were bogus, barnes and kobe should of been both thrown out of the game. also what about the 3 pointers they had to review and switch back. its cool to miss one, but they missed on three of those calls and even a lewis 3 point that was clearly past the shot clock and had to review that. so of you guys that watched the game, wasnt this a horrible officiated game and one of the worse you had seen?

No, today's game wasn't the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I have seen games that were way worse. Some examples are: Game 2 of the 08 NBA Finals, Boston vs LA (Leon Powe shot more free throws than our entire team) or how about the officiating in the 06 Miami vs Dallas finals a few years back? What about the Donaghy officiated games in which he purposely fixed playoff games? I have seen so many poorly officiated games it's not funny. Today's game was typical of how bad the officiating has been over the past 10 years.

Raph12
03-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Terribly officiated, Dwight kept racking up non-existant fouls and everytime the Magic started to pull away, they'd get called on a moving pick, travelling (from out-of-bounds [which is the first time I ever saw that]) or a no-call on a play with a lot of contact. Only when Dwight picked up his 5th did they become more lenient with his play, they had him on the bench with foul trouble all game long and he couldn't buy a whistle until late into the game.

The Sacramento game was worse, but this has to be up there with the Top 5.

FNM BOY
03-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Lakers fans will never admitt it...but the Refs do favor them....same kind thing happened in the Miami Heat game on Thursday night on TNT....they brought the Lakers back in the game with bad obvious calls....Gasol dribbling the ball off his own knee and saying it was off the Heat etc,......they still lost though

Raph12
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Barnes and Kobe got into it, Dwight and Gasol got into it, Fisher and every Magic player got into it... It this is a preview of the NBA Finals, it's going to be damn fun, but I'll be praying to god these aren't the refs officiating it.

fairandbalanced
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
No, today's game wasn't the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I have seen games that were way worse. Some examples are: Game 2 of the 08 NBA Finals, Boston vs LA (Leon Powe shot more free throws than our entire team) or how about the officiating in the 06 Miami vs Dallas finals a few years back? What about the Donaghy officiated games in which he purposely fixed playoff games? I have seen so many poorly officiated games it's not funny. Today's game was typical of how bad the officiating has been over the past 10 years.

:facepalm: That was actually one of the most neutral officiated game...you might whine about Wade getting calls but who else on the Heat got a call? At end of day, Dallas took too many jump-shots while Wade kept driving towards the hoops.

JNA17
03-07-2010, 11:32 PM
:facepalm: That was actually one of the most neutral officiated game

failanduncoordinated strikes again, jeez there is no way for you to stay banned is there?

but anyway, the refs were just absolute crap for the magic and lakers on both sides, however with that said, there was worse.

AIsixersFK
03-07-2010, 11:40 PM
didnt see it so.....no

avrpatsfan
03-07-2010, 11:55 PM

That series was fixed and awful, but the officials today were terrible. I actually wished the Lakers had one so the Celtics could get a better seeding, but watching this game was hard. I have noticed the Lakers do get a lot of calls, but hey I'm a Celtic fan still bitter about that Kobe Bryant reach in that wasn't called :p

JDMVP
03-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Laker fans this and there blah blah
Havent u haters given the taught that maybe the reason why the refs are giving the Lakers some calls is because they are actually the ones who is making the league get some cash, its not like Jerry Buss is talking to David Stern every game. I mean come on none of u haters out there in the US would admit it outside the US around the world majority are Laker fans.
anyway about this game heres what i have to say
the refs were horrible on both sides
Matt Barnes should have been ejected in this game
u bums could not admit too that it should have been an offensive foul on matt barnes when he pushed fisher
Bonus we all know Matt Barnes ball fake to Kobes fake was a T
sure some of Dwights fouls were horrible
but u haters couldn't admit it too that when dwight was holding Pau's jersey it should have been 6th on him and come on all of a sudden the other play that Pau did on Dwight on the next play was flagrant, WOW

Raph12
03-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Laker fans this and there blah blah
Havent u haters given the taught that maybe the reason why the refs are giving the Lakers some calls is because they are actually the ones who is making the league get some cash, its not like Jerry Buss is talking to David Stern every game. I mean come on none of u haters out there in the US would admit it outside the US around the world majority are Laker fans.
anyway about this game heres what i have to say
the refs were horrible on both sides
1. Matt Barnes should have been ejected in this game
u bums could not admit too that 2. it should have been an offensive foul on matt barnes when he pushed fisher
Bonus we all know 3. Matt Barnes ball fake to Kobes fake was a T
sure 4. some of Dwights fouls were horrible
but u haters couldn't admit it too that 5. when dwight was holding Pau's jersey it should have been 6th on him and come on all of a sudden 6. the other play that Pau did on Dwight on the next play was flagrant, WOW

1. So should Kobe.

2. Barnes wasn't called for the foul because on the play prior to that one, Fisher pushed Barnes and the refs overlooked it.

3. Kobe's elbow to Barnes when he jammed it was a T.

4. All of Dwight's fouls were horrible.

5. Pau pushed him and then locked his arm up to stop him from rebounding, so he retaliated and pulled his arm and Pau's jersey out simultaneously.

6. Pau came back at Dwight and swung full force at his body "trying to stop the dunk" :rolleyes:

All of the Lakers bigs were allowed to be physical with Dwight all game, while Dwight was called for non-existant fouls. If you think this wasn't biased in LA's favor, maybe you were watching a different game.

Marques24kobe
03-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Bottom line is it was a horrible refereed game. Lakers fans will have their list of bad calls and Magic fans will have theirs. I've always said NBA is the easiest sport in the world to fix. The game is totally in the hand of the referees. You can look back at the WCF last year. Denver at home got the calls. Lakers at home got the calls. But the Lakers had home court advantage and won the series.

The NBA has become a joke. Thats why if theres a lockout I think it will severely damage their fan-base.

Marques24kobe
03-08-2010, 01:05 AM
1. So should Kobe.

2. Barnes wasn't called for the foul because on the play prior to that one, Fisher pushed Barnes and the refs overlooked it.

5. Pau pushed him and then locked his arm up to stop him from rebounding, so he retaliated and pulled his arm and Pau's jersey out simultaneously.

6. Pau came back at Dwight and swung full force at his body "trying to stop the dunk" :rolleyes:

All of the Lakers bigs were allowed to be physical with Dwight all game, while Dwight was called for non-existant fouls. If you think this wasn't biased in LA's favor, maybe you were watching a different game.

Thank you for your unbiased view

Mavrix
03-08-2010, 01:07 AM
2006 finals was much worse.

D Roses Bulls
03-08-2010, 01:09 AM
2006 finals was much worse.

only mavs fans say that. sorry but wade treated you

Raph12
03-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Thank you for your unbiased view

Np...

I'm just showing that those so-called calls against the Lakers do have two sides to it. The only guy who really got ripped off this game was Dwight, a common trend in today's league though. Dwight has no respect among refs, even the commentators said it, he gets the most garbage calls against him of any player throughout the NBA.

D Roses Bulls
03-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Np...

I'm just showing that those so-called calls against the Lakers do have two sides to it. The only guy who really got ripped off this game was Dwight, a common trend in today's league though. Dwight has no respect among refs, even the commentators said it, he gets the most garbage calls against him of any player throughout the NBA.

that is true, he is the only super star i know of since i have been alive where he doesnt get the calls favored towards him. but the lakers did have the advantage of the calls today

Mavrix
03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
only mavs fans say that. sorry but wade treated you

So did Tim Donaghy.

D Roses Bulls
03-08-2010, 01:17 AM
So did Tim Donaghy.

i didnt hear him say that, could be true, but mostly what i heard bout him from was the sac and LA series. from my memory though, wade just destroyed the mavs. go back to film, every call wade got was legit. i actually watched the series bout a week ago for a college course and analyzed it. wade didnt get special treatment on more then about 2 plays

iggypop123
03-08-2010, 01:47 AM
1. So should Kobe.

i sort of agree with the bigs and physicality. it really doesnt make sense cause they let bynum and howard bang inside but whenver a guy when into the paint bynum would breathe on anyone and he was gone with foul trouble. i get the feeling his "8 on 5" comment in dallas had something to do with it

iggypop123
03-08-2010, 01:48 AM
:facepalm: That was actually one of the most neutral officiated game...you might whine about Wade getting calls but who else on the Heat got a call? At end of day, Dallas took too many jump-shots while Wade kept driving towards the hoops.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

PLAYERS FAN
03-08-2010, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=fairandbalanced;12536366]Well the refs did their best to see the Lakers avoid a 3 game losing streak.....but even the Lakers and the Refs could not win this game.....that's probably the first game the refs lost in NBA history. And I was rooting for the Lakers because I wanted the Magic to lose, but common mein, that was just tooo biased.[/QUOTE

Just like the Mavs fail to win their championship because of the Heat and the refs. :D

Meth
03-08-2010, 02:44 AM
NBA officiating = Shoeless Joe and the Blacksox Scandal.

JDMVP
03-08-2010, 03:34 AM
1. So should Kobe.

Lets go to reality Kobe wasent gonna get ejected in this game even though if he was i wouldnt have been surprise
5. hahahahaahhahaha, Pau pushed him and then locked his arm up to stop from rebounding so he retaliated and pulled his arm and Pau's jersey out simultaneously. man oh man, both were fighting but then all of sudden Dwight got his jersey wasent that suppose to be the 6th foul wow

Lakerfrk
03-08-2010, 04:15 AM
This game was called horribly BOTH ways... Double tech on Kobe and Barnes??? Kobe did nothing.. then, there should have been ANOTHER double tech when Barnes dunked and got in Kobe's face, and Kobe elbowed him.. so technically, Kobe should have the 1 tech there, and Barnes would have been ejected....

This game was HORRIBLE, both ways.... Dwight was called for many phantom calls, Bynum have 4 fouls called against him where he jumped straight up. Should have called a tech on Fisher. just terrible. Who knows what would have happened if it was called right, the whole course of the game would have changed.

Tommyh1331
03-08-2010, 04:41 AM
It was horrendous, I haven't seen such bs officiating in a long time...they all should be suspended no pay!!

lakerboy
03-08-2010, 04:54 AM
yes he should have, but as JVG said as well, so should of kobe.

No. JVG said they shouldn't have called that first T on Kobe.

jmtapia
03-08-2010, 04:57 AM

that was shameful...

ragee
03-08-2010, 05:08 AM

Have you guys seen the Lakers and Heat game a couple of days ago? The refs seemed like they were on the Lakers' side as well...

junion
03-08-2010, 05:36 AM
dwight's foul was a light foul, but a foul by definition. he "tapped" lamar's elbow when he was going up for the shot. he was in a rebounding position/pose (or a getting ready to jump pose), and dwight's left hand hit lamar's elbow. the people on abc kept saying that it wasn't a foul, and from the angle they kept showing - it didn't look like a foul, but if you look at the one angle that they showed once, you can see lamar's elbow and dwight's left hand have contact on lamar's shot. you'd have to have the game on tivo or whatever you use to look back because they only showed that angle (the angle with the camera facing the basket)

check that angle.