http://www.acheapseat.com/images_user/pictures/atlanta%20motor%20speedway.jpg

Atlanta Motor Speedway
HAMPTON, GEORGIA

Time: 1:16 PM EST
TV: FOX

Favorite To Win: Jimmie Johnson
http://www.ducksters.com/sports/jimmie_johnson.jpg
Homestarunner93's Pick: Kevin Harvick
http://assets.speedtv.com/images/easy_gallery/936471/2009_nscs_kevin_harvick_car_m.jpg

Driven
03-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Good race thus far.

homestarunner93
03-07-2010, 05:56 PM
NASCAR should ruin Carl Edwards' season. They need to dock a ton of points from him, and suspend him for several races. He was obviously gunning for Keselowski, and he could have killed him. What an idiot, I've lost all respect for him.

BlueJayFanDan
03-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I have respected and liked Carl Edwards for a long time but what he did to Keselowski was just completely uncalled for. Dude, you are down over 100 laps and this guy is in contention to win. Edwards should be suspended a minimum of 4 races. Keselowski flipped and is so lucky he did not get injured seriously. I know they have both had their rifts with each other but holy hell Carl grow up. The part that really bugs me is in the interview when Carl was asked if he did it intentionally he completely dodged the question which is essentially saying "of course it was intentional." I hope Carl gets what he deserves for this pathetic lack of sportsmanship.

Driven
03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Didn't expect Edwards to do that either. Funny how he waited until he passed Reutimann to do that. I don't see NASCAR suspending him.

Since when did the smiling goofball try to become an enforcer?

Anyways, it was a pretty good race today. I hate the wave around rule though. It gave people like Gordon, Earnhardt and other established cars a good finish. Meanwhile, a guy like Gilliland dropped over 10 spots in the final few laps because of that.

The part that really bugs me is in the interview when Carl was asked if he did it intentionally he completely dodged the question which is essentially saying "of course it was intentional."

I don't think he dodged the question. He virtually said that he did it intentionally, and it came off fairly straight forward.

Mike515089
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Edwards deservs a suspension he could of killed Kesolowski or even spectators.

MarkieMark48
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Carl Edwards is a tool. None of his teammates even like him, Greg Biffle didnt invite Edwards to his wedding.

On another note, what Carl Edwards did was one of the dumbest things ive ever seen done in a race car. I'm all about payback, but not a) at a track that you average 190mph around and b) when you dont even owe the guy payback. Carl's now wrecked himself off the front end of Brads car twice in a cup race and he felt like he owes him some type of payback? Maybe he needs to stop taking those steroids because its distorting his views. At Talladega last year, he tried to block Brad coming to the checkers, and Brad was already there. This past race it was the exact same thing, he tried to come down infront of Brad and he was already there. Look at the replay, the 12 holds his line right down there against the yellow line and Carl turns across Brads nose. And after he does that he feels like he owes him payback? What a moron.

Perfect example of a classless SOB in my opinion.

redsox12
03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't forget he tried to beat up his own teammate Kenseth.

BlueJayFanDan
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I am so over Carl. He used to be one of my favorites. I have sincerely lost all respect I had for him.

BigdaddyQH
03-08-2010, 06:02 PM
What Edwards did was a very stupid thing, but Keselowski deserves to be wrecked in every race. He is by far the worst driver out there. He has wrecked many a driver. Edwards should have known better than to flip him. Put him into the wall. That is how you take out drivers like him. Edwards really has to learn how to control his temper and take drivers out the correct way. Yesterday was not the correct way. Edwards should have waited until Bristol, where it is very easy to wreck drivers and make it look accidental.

MarkieMark48
03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
What Edwards did was a very stupid thing, but Keselowski deserves to be wrecked in every race. He is by far the worst driver out there. He has wrecked many a driver. Edwards should have known better than to flip him. Put him into the wall. That is how you take out drivers like him. Edwards really has to learn how to control his temper and take drivers out the correct way. Yesterday was not the correct way. Edwards should have waited until Bristol, where it is very easy to wreck drivers and make it look accidental.

There are plenty that are far worse than him, his career is actually off to a pretty good start as a whole.

Keselowski has a bad rep because of what he has done to Denny in the past, but people forget that the whole Denny Hamlin-Brad Keselowski feud started when Denny hit Brad, and tore up his car under caution 2 years ago at Charlotte. Brad has got the short end of the stick in that feud even though Denny is one of the biggest cry babies in NASCAR.

BigdaddyQH
03-09-2010, 05:56 PM
So Edwards gets NOTHING for that incident. Oops, excuse me. He got a 3 race probation. My error. Now we know how desperate Nascar really is.

ripjhb18
03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Seems like everyone here thinks Edwards is a dumb ***.

The Ticket P1
03-09-2010, 09:20 PM
If it were a lower tier driver, it would easily been a suspension.

MarkieMark48
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
NASCAR=FAIL absolutely absurd. Robby Gordon got suspended a cup race for spinning out Ambrose going 35 MPH on a road course in a Nationwide race. Edwards can send a car flying into the wall, and then admit to it and just get a slap on the wrist? NASCAR is obviously playing favorites here no way around it.

From Robby Gordon's twitter...
Just heard the news. I wonder what would of happened to me in that situation? Hmmm someone playing favorites?

hawk2012
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Honestly i support Edwards through this whole deal and i am glad he sent that punk into the wall. It was about time he got taught a lesson. However i was surprised not to see NASCAR hand down a suspension

MarkieMark48
03-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Honestly i support Edwards through this whole deal and i am glad he sent that punk into the wall. It was about time he got taught a lesson. However i was surprised not to see NASCAR hand down a suspension

So you think Edwards had a reason to wreck Keselowski?

BigdaddyQH
03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
There is no question that Edwards had a reason to wreck Keselowski. Several drivers have a reason to take him out. What I object to is the way he did it. Having said that, if Keselowski does not go airborne, this is a non-issue.

MarkieMark48
03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
There is no question that Edwards had a reason to wreck Keselowski. Several drivers have a reason to take him out. What I object to is the way he did it. Having said that, if Keselowski does not go airborne, this is a non-issue.

elaborate... both the Talladega 09 race and this past Atlanta race Carl Edwards wrecked hisself, it just happened to be off of Keselowski's bumper both times.

ripjhb18
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
And if Keselowski gets hurt its an even bigger issue.

MarkieMark48
03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
And if Keselowski gets hurt its an even bigger issue.

Exactly.... If a bank robber goes to a bank to rob it, and shoots and kills a bank teller even though it wasnt planned, does he just get charged for a robbery since that is all he intended to do?

warrior63
03-11-2010, 06:21 PM

I don't know about a reason to....but I agree that if the 12 car hadn't left the ground there wouldn't have been this outcry of hang Carl. What if it had been Hamlin, or maybe even Biffle. Both of them have had a beef with him. What if it'd been say everybodys sweetheart Jimmie Johnson who had done it to him. I'm not on Edwards' side, but how is it that it's all his fault. Granted he came down. But that early in a race, do you think that Keslowski could have conceded and gave up the spot. I mean it's not like he couldn't see Carl coming down on him. Anyways, I found this article on Espn.com by Ed Hinton. And I have to agree with him. Edwards payback bump on Keslowski was an Edwards issue. the car leaving the ground however was a NASCAR issue.

http://espn.go.com/rpm/blog/_/name/hinton_ed/id/4985625/nascar-made-right-call-edwards

How many times have we seen retaliation happen during races. And not only that how many times have we NOT seen retaliation during races. Point being what Edwards did may or may not have been right, but what he did has been going on since the beginning. Only difference was that the car he bumped went airborne, and the media jumped all over it.

MarkieMark48
03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't know about a reason to....but I agree that if the 12 car hadn't left the ground there wouldn't have been this outcry of hang Carl. What if it had been Hamlin, or maybe even Biffle. Both of them have had a beef with him. What if it'd been say everybodys sweetheart Jimmie Johnson who had done it to him. I'm not on Edwards' side, but how is it that it's all his fault. Granted he came down. But that early in a race, do you think that Keslowski could have conceded and gave up the spot. I mean it's not like he couldn't see Carl coming down on him. Anyways, I found this article on Espn.com by Ed Hinton. And I have to agree with him. Edwards payback bump on Keslowski was an Edwards issue. the car leaving the ground however was a NASCAR issue.

http://espn.go.com/rpm/blog/_/name/hinton_ed/id/4985625/nascar-made-right-call-edwards

How many times have we seen retaliation happen during races. And not only that how many times have we NOT seen retaliation during races. Point being what Edwards did may or may not have been right, but what he did has been going on since the beginning. Only difference was that the car he bumped went airborne, and the media jumped all over it.

in his post wreck interview Keselowski said he was out of the gas trying to give Edwards enough room, but he couldnt because Edwards came down on him too fast. He also said that he told his spotter to apologize to Edwards, but tell him he was already there and Edwards came down on him too quickly. And even at that, a driver cant just expect to get room from another driver, at any point during the race. Keselowski already had position on him, he didnt need to give an inch if he didnt want to.

What it honestly looked like to me is that Edwards' spotter cleared him low, and he obviously wasnt.