PDA

View Full Version : Lebron given a night off for Rest

JordansBulls
03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvvstbuL4xZRFJgodYP59B68vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-jamesout&prov=ap&type=lgns)

LeBron James is getting a night off for the first time this season.

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown says he’s sitting his superstar, calling it “just a coach’s decision” to keep him out of Cleveland’s game against Milwaukee on Saturday night.

“He’s played a lot of minutes for us,” Brown said. “I just felt it would be good for him and for the team to hold him out.”

James had 40 points and 13 rebounds in a 99-92 victory over the Pistons on Friday night, but also turned his right ankle slightly. Brown said his decision had “nothing” to do with the injury and James could play if needed.

“He’s a competitive person, he wants to be out there,” Brown said. “Sometimes I listen to him, sometimes I won’t listen to him, but tonight is a great opportunity for him to get some rest.”

It’s certainly a welcome decision for the Bucks, who have been on a tear by winning 14 of their last 18 games. James, who typically has missed a game or two before the postseason begins, has averaged 30.1 points in 25 career games against Milwaukee and has had two of his 50-point games at the Bradley Center.

He’s also led the Cavs in scoring in their last 16 straight games and is leading the NBA, averaging 30 points a game this season.

“It’s disappointing on one hand because we wanted to go against them as full strength as we could, but on the other hand it’s a different kind of test now,” Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. “We’ve become a competitive group. I sensed the guys were looking forward to going out there and going against him a little bit.”

James looked relaxed in the locker room, getting a massage while still in jeans and sunglasses. He did not speak before the game, and Jawad Williams was to start in his place.

*Superman*
03-06-2010, 09:54 PM
You suck JB, I was just going to make this. I want to see how good they do w/o LBJ. I will say they lose.

Reyes6
03-06-2010, 09:56 PM
You could just limit his minutes... But I don't think Mike Brown knows he can do that.

jetsfan28
03-06-2010, 09:57 PM
You could just limit his minutes... But I don't think Mike Brown knows he can do that.

Or you could just give him the night off. They're pretty comfortable in 1st.

masalex1205
03-06-2010, 10:08 PM
non-issue

Jack of Blades
03-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Good move seeing as how he averages 80 minutes a game.

Melo15
As of right now they are very sluggish. As you can imagine they are having a lot of trouble on the offensive end. My guess is Delonte and Jamison help them keep it close for a little while and then the Bucks pull away for about a 15 point win in the end.

td0tsfinest
damn it brown, you want to screw us over.

Lakers4ItAll
03-06-2010, 10:10 PM
What a boring game The Lebrons w/out Lebron

BosoxPapi61
03-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Brown is an awful coach, but I like this move

*Superman*
03-06-2010, 10:14 PM
31-27 Cavs losing.

Jaminson with 9

ldc62
03-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Sure Mike Brown:rolleyes:... more like Lebron told you he was taking the night off and you can't do anything about it.

*Superman*
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Sure Mike Brown:rolleyes:... more like Lebron told you he was taking the night off and you can't do anything about it.

Lol

Corey
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
He deserves it :shrug:

Melo15
03-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Cavs are only down 42-41 at half. Their defense in the 2nd quarter was very good to get them back in the game. As you can imagine Jamison is carrying them with 20 points and 6 rebounds already.

Bucks24226
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Bucks will win.

Jaji
03-06-2010, 11:09 PM

:laugh2:

Jaji
03-06-2010, 11:09 PM
This just proves LeBron is the G.O.A.T.

:D

RocketsRule
03-06-2010, 11:16 PM

:laugh:

_KB24_
03-06-2010, 11:31 PM
sure mike brown:rolleyes:... More like lebron told you he was taking the night off and you can't do anything about it.

:) +1

JordansBulls
03-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I think it had more to do that Lebron injured himself in that Detroit game and is taking the night off so that others don't know he was hurt.

NYK_kidd77
03-07-2010, 02:32 AM
I think it had more to do that Lebron injured himself in that Detroit game and is taking the night off so that others don't know he was hurt.

This.

*Superman*
03-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Anyone surprised the Bucks won?

NYK_kidd77
03-07-2010, 02:36 AM

I kind of was i thought the cavs would still win.

*Superman*
03-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Well I didn't. Depends how you think about it I guess. This is, I think the 1st game the Cavs have played w/o Lebron this season. He basically runs the team, so now it puts more pressure on Mo Williams to become a true PG. Plus the Bucks have been playing good of late so I thought they would win.

It's good for the Cavs though, they see how they are w/o Lebron. Jaminson and West almost give you 60Pts.

*Superman*
03-07-2010, 02:42 AM
And Williams played like crap, 3-17 and only 5 assists. He has been off.

ARMIN12NBA
03-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Well I didn't. Depends how you think about it I guess. This is, I think the 1st game the Cavs have played w/o Lebron this season. He basically runs the team, so now it puts more pressure on Mo Williams to become a true PG. Plus the Bucks have been playing good of late so I thought they would win.

It's good for the Cavs though, they see how they are w/o Lebron. Jaminson and West almost give you 60Pts.

Not to mention the Cavs weren't getting the favorable calls that they usually get.

Raph12
03-07-2010, 02:58 AM
^^^Mo's overrated, he's just another shooter, even Delonte is better at creating his own shot.

ko8e24
03-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Cavs 15 losses

Lakers 17 losses

....just sayin

RaysFan
03-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Lakers are still 3 games back though...gotta include the tie-breaker.

ldc62
03-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Lakers are still 3 games back though...gotta include the tie-breaker.

woah, its not 100% that its gonna be a Cavs-Lakers finals...

TheKing23
03-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Cavs 15 losses

Lakers 17 losses

....just sayin

After tonight Lakers will have 18 losses...

...Just sayin'

metsbulls1025
03-07-2010, 08:35 AM
:facepalm:

Three pages for something that happens every night all around the world in sports. Why the **** was there even an article written about this? The man gets a night off so it makes front page and I haven't watched ESPN, but I am sure it made their ticker down the bottom.

I have an idea. Why don't we make a movie about Lebron getting a day off. Then we can CGI some images of him shooting from Madison Square Garden to The Staples Center and draining it like it is an everyday thing. Then we can design a puppet that looks just like him and drinks ****ing sprite. I am surprised we haven't designated 1 hour on Sunday where everyone stops what they are doing so we can pray to the Holy King himself.

magichatnumber9
03-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Three pages for something that happens every night all around the world in sports. Why the **** was there even an article written about this? The man gets a night off so it makes front page and I haven't watched ESPN, but I am sure it made their ticker down the bottom.

I have an idea. Why don't we make a movie about Lebron getting a day off. Then we can CGI some images of him shooting from Madison Square Garden to The Staples Center and draining it like it is an everyday thing. Then we can design a puppet that looks just like him and drinks ****ing sprite. I am surprised we haven't designated 1 hour on Sunday where everyone stops what they are doing so we can pray to the Holy King himself.Tell em why your mad.

Jaji
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM

They won because Mo Williams shot like 2-30. LeBron wasn't on the court to will those shots in like usual.

JordansBulls
03-07-2010, 09:41 AM

...Just sayin'

Magic do need to win to show they can beat LA.

J-Relo
03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
damn it brown, you want to screw us over.

yea regular season matters :facepalm:

td0tsfinest
03-07-2010, 01:39 PM
yea regular season matters :facepalm:

You should really think before you post. I'm a raptors fan. THe raptors are holding the 5th spot in the east. With the cav's loss yesterday, the Bucks now are tied for 5th.

That's why I said Brown screwed us.

JDizzle
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM
cavs lose ... things to come next year when he is not there

*Superman*
03-07-2010, 02:17 PM
He's taking Monday off too? Okay something is definitely wrong.

GodsSon
03-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks for handing the Bucks a win Mike Brown

*Superman*
03-07-2010, 02:18 PM
^^^Mo's overrated, he's just another shooter, even Delonte is better at creating his own shot.

Agreed.

ko8e24
03-07-2010, 02:37 PM

...Just sayin'

lol, just worry about the Big Aristotle tryin to come back to guard Dwight in the 2nd to last game of the regular season, and perhaps the playoffs.

CAAAAN UUUUU DIIIG IT!

lol

*Superman*
03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
It's alright guys, there is plenty of the Magic to go around don't worry.:p

Yanks All Day
03-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Ankle injuries aren't injuries that get better by continuing to play on them. The Bucks and Spurs are good teams, but its not like he's missing the Magic and Lakers this weekend. If anything, he'll come back next week, ankle at 100% and fully rested, and his team will have gotten experience running an offense when he is not there. West and Jamison played pretty well. Also, it was pretty interesting how Hickson really did not do anything when LeBron was not on the court. Really shows the way LeBron has helped him develop and makes Hickson better when he's on the court.

Draco
03-07-2010, 03:00 PM

Which I find particularly amusing considering Mike Brown complained about Rose getting an All Star spot over Mo.

prodigy
03-07-2010, 03:05 PM
If you take away the first Q, the cavs played well. Mo Williams needs to step up though. 3-17 is a flat out joke. He has not been the same since the injury. Not sure if he's still hurting or what.

prodigy
03-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Which I find particularly amusing considering Mike Brown complained about Rose getting an All Star spot over Mo.

Brown said he felt mo should still make the team. He did not call out any players who made it.

Draco
03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Brown said he felt mo should still make the team. He did not call out any players who made it.

You callin' Sam Smith a liar?

prodigy
03-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I know people will try to compare The Laker's without Kobe to the cavs without Lebron and all that cute stuff.

Lebron Does more then Kobe. Period. So of course he's missed more.

prodigy
03-07-2010, 03:14 PM
You callin' Sam Smith a liar?

Who is sam smith? But yes. I'm pretty sure Mike Brown did not call out Rose lol.

Draco
03-07-2010, 03:16 PM
who is sam smith?

I'm just playing around.. it's not that serious. He's a writer who suggested that Mike Brown was calling out Rose. And I'd have to agree.

How about Cavs coach Mike Brown ripping Derrick Rose’s selection to the All-Star team. Brown suggested players on teams with losing records shouldn’t be All-Stars, and Rose’s Bulls had the worst record and were below .500 when the coaches’ voting for reserves ended last week. Said Brown to the Cleveland Plain Dealer: “It is unfortunate (Mo Williams wasn’t selected). I'm a firm believer in record having something to do with it. There are talented guys in this business who can be put in situations to go do what they want… there's not as much pressure on guys to perform the right way and get numbers."

MU and UW Fan
03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
LBJ was noticeably limping at the game. Still why couldnt he of played. Bradley Center was sold out for once just to see him play. I mean we live in Milwaukee. I had courtside seats just to see him. unreal. I hate you Mike Brown.

sep11ie
03-07-2010, 03:39 PM

I have an idea. Why don't we make a movie about Lebron getting a day off. Then we can CGI some images of him shooting from Madison Square Garden to The Staples Center and draining it like it is an everyday thing. Then we can design a puppet that looks just like him and drinks ****ing sprite. I am surprised we haven't designated 1 hour on Sunday where everyone stops what they are doing so we can pray to the Holy King himself.

LeBron's Night Off, starring Greg Oden as LeBron James.

RaptorizedKevin
03-07-2010, 03:40 PM
wow mike brown. yeah sit out lebron and lose to the bucks >_> any team that beats the cavs without lebron isnt a win.