PDA

View Full Version : The curious case of the L.A Lakers!!! Jackson calls Gasol "weak and sickly"

fairandbalanced
03-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Bynum Quote:
I think everybody’s angry, but we’re not angry at the right things, We might be angry with each other. So that’s not always that great.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Ai8WUB._NHH32h0_3J_4QUG8vLYF?gid=201003 0530

Phil Jackson Quote:
I really don't like to talk about that aspect of a person's game ... other than the fact that he's been weak and sickly,"

Is the bottom falling out of the Lakers....or is this just a bump in the road to a repeat. History shows teams with this kinda chemistry have a collosal collapse either in the 1st or 2nd round or get embarrased in conference finals of the Play-Offs....but in a Lebron era, we are all witness.

KnicksorBust
03-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Very misleading title. The Lakers are fine.

fairandbalanced
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Very misleading title. The Lakers are fine.

Lakers fans, Bynum and Coach Jackson will say otherwise. The Heat was just fine till they got embarrased by the Bulls.

Melo15
03-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, Pau Gasol is weak but this is just a bump in the road. Charlotte is a tough team to play on the back end of a back to back. Lets see what happens Sunday against Orlando before we start panic mode.

td0tsfinest
03-06-2010, 12:25 PM
One game they get their *** wooped. No big deal. At least it wasn't the Nets.

fairandbalanced
03-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Are you baiting the Celtics, Bulls, Bobcats and Knicks?

OrderOfCook
03-06-2010, 12:34 PM
The season is 82 games long for a reason. Things are never as good as they seem on a long winning streak and never as bad as they seem during a rut. And when you're the Lakers, a rut is what, losing 3 in 10 games?

The LA Lakers are the odds favourite to repeat this year and as long as they are healthy come playoffs they become virtually impossible to beat. They need to tweak things, no big deal. They're still going to run the triangle offense and score more points than their opponents with almost shocking frequency.

And before the homerism comments start, I'm a Raptors fan and this may be the first thing I've ever positively posted about the Lakers. That said, I'm realistic.

td0tsfinest
03-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Are you baiting the Celtics, Bulls, Bobcats and Knicks?

not at all. Just I think it should be a bigger concern if the Lakers did lose the Nets.

Losing to the Bobcats doesn't really shock me, considering the Cats play well against these types of teams. They beat Cavs 3 times this year. They've beat the Suns twice, the spurs and the Nuggets.

Avenged
03-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Gasol has been playing weaker than ever lately! have you guys seen some Laker games as of late? its ridiculous. :facepalm:

MacFitz92
03-06-2010, 12:48 PM
The Lakers are going to lose their #1 seed if Gasol continues to play weak.

Avenged
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
The Lakers are going to lose their #1 seed if Gasol continues to play weak.

I wouldn't be surprised. Bynum seems to be learning some of Gasols habits as well the past couple of games.

Nighthawk
03-06-2010, 12:57 PM
A Pau is weak thread??

Didnt we discuss this at length when the C's won it all?

Whats changed? He wasnt any stronger last year. Hes a 7 ft weak *** lama look-a-like

shep33
03-06-2010, 01:01 PM
As a Lakers/Knicks fan... LA is annoying sometimes. But they've done this before when Shaq was there. I remember after winning a ring in 2000 with a record of 67-15, in 2001 they were 56-26, and didnt' seem like they'd repeat. So really, once playoffs start LA will pick it up, if you've watched them throughout the year they've been cocky and sooo lazy. I'm hoping they pick it up in the last 10-15 games cause they've been playing terrible for a while now. I'm not actually worried cause i'm pretty sure they'll pick it up in the playoffs, and honestly HCA isn't a real need for this team, its funny cause in the playoffs LAseem to always play better on the road, especially Kobe. Like last year for instance, LA wins a big game 4 in Utah, game 3 in Houston, games 3 and 6 in a hostile Pepsi centre (Denver), and games 4 and 5 in Orlando. This team almost needs adversity to play well, and I like other Lakers fans find it annoying during the season, but at the same time I think they'll be fine throughout the postseason, they've got the vets to say "lets pick it up now", and Phil gets more intense in the playoffs and isn't afraid to shakeup the lineups here and there. Overall LA will be fine, and really in the west LA is still IMO going to be one of the toughest teams to beat 4 times in a week, cause they adapt so well to the way teams play in the playoffs, and that mostly on Phil for picking it up. Dallas and Denver have shots of dethroning them in the west, so we'll see what happens in the playoffs. I do know the WCP are gonna be unreal.

shep33
03-06-2010, 01:03 PM

Yeah it was a back to back too off of an overtime game in Miami. In reality I kinda expected this, Charlotte always plays well against us too, props to them.

Avenged
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah it was a back to back too off of an overtime game in Miami. In reality I kinda expected this, Charlotte always plays well against us too, props to them.

Yeah but it wasn't all about the Bobcats game. Gasol has just been weaker than ever the past couple of games. I swear, Artest should just whoop that *** in the locker room :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Lakers fans, Bynum and Coach Jackson will say otherwise. The Heat was just fine till they got embarrased by the Bulls.

Well Bynum was quoted after a loss so obviously he's going to say something negative. Jackson always has things in perspective and never gets ahead of himself. Always subtlety and motivation.

I can't imagine Lakers fans are seriously worried after this loss though. They are cruising through another season and haven't even put the pedal to the floor yet and have the #1 seed pretty much on lockdown. They are destined to be back in the finals. That's my opinion at least. Lakers fans, things aren't fine in LA?

xbrackattackx
03-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Trollandbalanced thread cool.

Bosh=nextKG
03-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Gasol has always been soft, why is that worrying people now?

masalex1205
03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
The Bobcats just match up really w/ the Lakers; Lakers are fine though I doubt they'll be facing us in the finals anyway

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Bynum Quote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Ai8WUB._NHH32h0_3J_4QUG8vLYF?gid=201003 0530

Phil Jackson Quote:

Is the bottom falling out of the Lakers....or is this just a bump in the road to a repeat. History shows teams with this kinda chemistry have a collosal collapse either in the 1st or 2nd round or get embarrased in conference finals of the Play-Offs....but in a Lebron era, we are all witness.

cmon, LeBron era haha you failed again unfairandbaanced

Well Bynum was quoted after a loss so obviously he's going to say something negative. Jackson always has things in perspective and never gets ahead of himself. Always subtlety and motivation.

I can't imagine Lakers fans are seriously worried after this loss though. They are cruising through another season and haven't even put the pedal to the floor yet and have the #1 seed pretty much on lockdown. They are destined to be back in the finals. That's my opinion at least. Lakers fans, things aren't fine in LA?

Watch some Lakers games!We have been playing terrible basketball lately, the only ones who are giving everything they have are kobe, lamar and ron and maybe farmar.
others are just on autopilot

Gasol has always been soft, why is that worrying people now?

not on last year, now he's gasolina and paulina again

homestarunner93
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I can't say I disagree with Phil here.

Raph12
03-06-2010, 02:16 PM
We'll see how they play Orlando on Sunday, if the Magic hand the Lakers their 3rd straight loss, they need to take it a bit more seriously.

Hellcrooner
03-06-2010, 02:23 PM
We will talk bout this in june :D

KnicksorBust
03-06-2010, 02:30 PM
We have been playing terrible basketball lately, the only ones who are giving everything they have are kobe, lamar and ron and maybe farmar.
others are just on autopilot

I'll have to watch the game tomorrow. You may be frustrated maybe but if I posted a thread in the Lakers forum asking how far the Lakers will go in the playoffs, 2 out of 3 fans are putting them right back in the finals. The most popular choice would be repeat champs. If you tell me I'm wrong I'll take your word for it but I don't think I am.

Avenged
03-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I'll have to watch the game tomorrow. You may be frustrated maybe but if I posted a thread in the Lakers forum asking how far the Lakers will go in the playoffs, 2 out of 3 fans are putting them right back in the finals. The most popular choice would be repeat champs. If you tell me I'm wrong I'll take your word for it but I don't think I am.

They'll say that because most are biased homers. :laugh2:
The fact of the matter is, if the Lakers don't step it up and continue to play how they have been, they won't make the finals. You count can't on the mentality they have to turn it up a notch in the final minutes of the game. That can only take you so far.

RaptorizedKevin
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
The lakers have been struggling, but theres alot of time come playoff time :]

magichatnumber9
03-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Last time I checked Pau was a important cog on that team. Phil should keep his mouth shut. Before it backfires and he quits for a year to write a book about it. AGAIN. These aren't the old days were you could just throw your players under the bus. Pau is the second best player on that team and should get way more respect.

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Last time I checked Pau was a important cog on that team. Phil should keep his mouth shut. Before it backfires and he quits for a year to write a book about it. AGAIN. These aren't the old days were you could just throw your players under the bus. Pau is the second best player on that team and should get way more respect.

No. He has to light a fire under Pau because that is Pau's problem. He plays disinterested. He plays with no heart or passion for the game. He isn't present mentally and just gets downright pushed around by everybody (when he has shown that he can play physical when he puts his mind to it--see: 2009 playoffs).

Phil brought in Charles Oakley to give him a tough talk. I really hope that works because nothing else but Pau coming to an epiphany will.

wileyisTOFU
03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah but it wasn't all about the Bobcats game. Gasol has just been weaker than ever the past couple of games. I swear, Artest should just whoop that *** in the locker room :laugh2:

Better yet, put soap in pillow bags and give him a "full metal jacket" style beat down

BALLER71
03-06-2010, 03:49 PM
http://ballhype.com/video/michael-beasley-sick-putback-dunk-over-pau-gasol/

Softy.

Corey
03-06-2010, 03:56 PM
not at all. Just I think it should be a bigger concern if the Lakers did lose the Nets.

Losing to the Bobcats doesn't really shock me, considering the Cats play well against these types of teams. They beat Cavs 3 times this year. They've beat the Suns twice, the spurs and the Nuggets.

Irrelevant point considering the Celtics just beat the Bobcats by 24 in their previous game.

Just saying...using 'the Bobcats get up for teams like this' isn't really valid.

Wilson
03-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Irrelevant point considering the Celtics just beat the Bobcats by 24 in their previous game.

Just saying...using 'the Bobcats get up for teams like this' isn't really valid.

I think it's valid. The Bobcats are very inconsistent, but they have beaten some great teams this season.

The Lakers do have some issues at the moment, but I still don't think a loss to the Bobcats is anything to be alarmed about.

Tony_Starks
03-06-2010, 04:02 PM
First off the Bobcats have one of the best home records in the entire league. Secondly if you know anything about Phil you know he plays mind games and does motivational tactics to get the best out of his players and they usually respond pretty well.

Third, with a "weak" Pau Gasol Lakers still won the championship against the best center in the game last year. No need to hit the panic button, just a lil wake up call.

ARMIN12NBA
03-06-2010, 04:14 PM

Weren't the Bobcats playing in Boston that game though?

Hellcrooner
03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Funny thing.

Last year there was a lso a lot of troubel and a lot of this Lakers are going nowhere after some lost games specially after losing to the BOBCATS.

In the end we won.

No worryes

If anything yesterdays game proves Larry Brown owns phil the "zen master" .

casualty we lsot 04 finals against......Larry Brown?

Maybe someone should point at Phil who is searching for a scapegoat to distract attention?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Funny thing.

Last year there was a lso a lot of troubel and a lot of this Lakers are going nowhere after some lost games specially after losing to the BOBCATS.

In the end we won.

No worryes

If anything yesterdays game proves Larry Brown owns Phillty phil the zen master of nothing.

casualty we lsot 04 finals against......Larry Brown?

Maybe someone should point at Phil who is searching for a scapegoat to distract attention?

On last year, your boy Gasol wasn't shooting 51% from the field!

ink
03-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Another misleading title. It's hard to imagine how people misinterpreted this one. Jackson said that Gasol has been "weak and sickly". i.e. he's not physically up to his own standard. That's totally different than calling him "weak" outright. Ridiculous thread really. There's a huge difference between being a weak player and a player who hasn't been healthy. Looks like a baiting thread in fact ...