PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon Martin injured??

B.JenningsMVP
03-05-2010, 11:12 PM
IDK if this was already posted, but yeah... Thoughts??

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As5EQx53vbJWcFAhU6e5EyC8vLYF?slug=mc-martinnuggets030510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin(notes) has a partial tear of his left patella tendon, and surgery is among the treatment options being considered, NBA sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Martin was scratched from Friday night’s game against the Indiana Pacers and the Nuggets will use the next 48 hours to decide on a treatment plan. Rest, therapeutic injections and surgery are among the options that could be used to treat an injury commonly referred to as “jumper’s knee.”

The Nuggets publicly announced only that Martin is suffering from chronic left knee patella tendinitis. On Friday evening, the team listed his playing status as day-to-day.

Martin has battled pain in his left knee for the past two months. He aggravated the condition when he banged his knee in a Jan. 20 game against the Golden State Warriors and has missed three games over the past four weeks. He underwent an MRI on Thursday after experiencing pain following Wednesday’s win over the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Martin has dealt with knee problems throughout his career, including microfracture surgery to both knees.

Martin is averaging 11.8 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks through 55 games this season. If he is sidelined for an extended period, the Nuggets have starting center Nene and big men Chris Andersen(notes), Malik Allen(notes) and Johan Petro(notes) to replace him.

The Nuggets unsuccessfully tried to acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes) before the trade deadline, but the Chicago Bulls instead sent him to the Charlotte Bobcats. The Nuggets also were unsuccessful in their attempts to land Antonio McDyess(notes) from the San Antonio Spurs.

Mark Blount(notes) and Mikki Moore(notes) are among the free-agent big men still available. Among the Development League players with NBA experience the Nuggets could consider are Rob Kurz(notes), Earl Barron(notes), Dwayne Jones(notes) and Paul Davis(notes). Denver currently has two roster spots open.

RadiantShot
03-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Such an unfortunate swing of events for some teams.

bahama0811
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
He's most likely gonna wait until the offseason for the surgery.

iggypop123
03-05-2010, 11:19 PM
injuries in the nba? i also heard the sky is blue

Mavrix
03-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Sucks for the Nugs

Tribe
03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Uh oh...this is good news for mavs and lakers fans...

stawka
03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
God damn. I think I'm one of the only guys to actually like K-Mart on PSD

D-Will4Prez
03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
:dance::dance::dance:

HoopsDrive
03-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I think it's an easy decision now, if it wasn't obvious already: get Blount. Although not a serious contender for Mike THE GOAT James in the free agent list, Blount is a top pick for any team out there, instantly making the team that acquires him a contender.

Nuggets + Blount = ship, make it happen Mark!

bahama0811
03-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I think it's an easy decision now, if it wasn't obvious already: get Blount. Although not a serious contender for Mike THE GOAT James in the free agent list, Blount is a top pick for any team out there, instantly making the team that acquires him a contender.

The Nuggets FO are looking at Blount and Mikki Moore. I don't really like either of them.

Mavrix
03-06-2010, 12:15 AM

Is this sarcasm? lmao

stawka
03-06-2010, 12:19 AM
:dance::dance::dance:

Why?!

Melo15
03-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Unlucky break. Kenyon has been having a very solid season for the Nuggets and is a huge part of their defense. Hopefully he can rest for a little bit and then play through the pain.

RadiantShot
03-06-2010, 12:33 AM
The Nuggets will make the playoffs even without Kenyon. If he's healthy by the time the playoffs roll around, I don't see the big controversy.

Reyes6
03-06-2010, 12:33 AM
He should opt for the surgery, don't want to injure it further and risk the rest of his career. Plus BirdMan is a beast...

masalex1205
03-06-2010, 01:01 AM
The Nuggets will make the playoffs even without Kenyon. If he's healthy by the time the playoffs roll around, I don't see the big controversy.

agreed, just might have alittle tougher first round matchup

not sure if this is possible but id love to see a portland/denver series

Jason5Kidd5
03-06-2010, 01:05 AM

Nuggets would have most likely gotten the 3 seed, it wouldn't be good for them to slide into the 4th seed and play the Lakers in the 2nd round (assuming Billups can get them out of the 1st round as he did last season).

Pretty big deal if you ask me.

Meth
03-06-2010, 02:51 AM
With Martin out, that ruins the chances Nuggets can "be a big competitor" against the Mavs, Nuggets, and other teams.

Now that's a possibility.

Sadds The Gr8
03-06-2010, 03:03 PM
This injury is a very important one....Martin plays the 4 and is a pretty damn good defender, and the west is STACKED with 4's...Duncan, Boozer, Dirk, Amar'e, Pau...and so on...if he's out for the year, I don't like Denver's chances.

asadf
03-06-2010, 08:34 PM
as long as hes back for the playoffs .. this doesnt matter except to the extent that nene and bird will have to play more minutes and possibly get worn down. Nuggets will get the 3 seed at worst 2 at best either way. From what ive heard on rotowire hes out up to 2 weeks which is no big deal. hes going to rest and get treatment on the knee and really the most important thing is that hes ready to go when they play dallas or LA. Nuggs do need to sign another big regardless or start playing petro or balkman.

td0tsfinest
03-06-2010, 08:44 PM
What's his ETA?

BkOriginalOne
03-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Nugs got no chance without Martin, they got to shut him down til playoffs.