PDA

View Full Version : Kobe, Dirk, Pierce, Duncan, Manu, AK47, Z?

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Are the only players who were drafted in the 90s that are still on the team that they started their career with. This being said with the understanding that Illgaukas is going back to the Cavs. I can certainly see the 4 “franchise players” playing there whole career and ending it with their current team and maybe even Z.

Who do you guys think in from the 2000s will play their whole career with one team?

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
lebron, melo, durant, rondo, rose, williams and possibly bosh
wade prob not
stoudimire prob not

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 02:35 PM
lebron, melo, durant, rondo, rose, williams and possibly bosh
wade prob not
stoudimire prob not

I really think the most likely are LeBron, Rose and D.Will i can certainly see the other guys moving elsewhere late in their careers'

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:48 PM
who knows lol i tihnk lebron and durant prob have the best shot because they are young and incredible

arkanian215
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I hope lopez wants to stay with the Nets.:pray:

jimbobjarree
03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
can anyone see Carmelo Anthony signing for the Knicks in 2011. They'll have money opening up from Eddy Curry and Melo is a New Yorker and played for 'Cuse.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I hope lopez wants to stay with the Nets.:pray:

possible but unlikly just becuase big men are likly to move more then a player like kobe or lebron

alencp3
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I hope CP3 stays

IU Hoosiers 3
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
can anyone see Carmelo Anthony signing for the Knicks in 2011. They'll have money opening up from Eddy Curry and Melo is a New Yorker and played for 'Cuse.

melo's from baltimore isn't he? but id love melo on the knicks

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
i think melo if he left the nuggets would prob go to a contender if the knicks are better then yes i can see him going there

TheKing23
03-05-2010, 03:08 PM

I think it'd be the perfect fit for both them and him.

Imagine if they could sign Amar'e or Bosh to a max (or close to max) contract and with their remaining money sign a couple of vets on one year deals, like Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili, Tracy McGrady or Marcus Camby etc. That way they could be competitive for next season and then have the ability to sign someone like Melo next offseason...

I think that would work better for them than throwing a max deal at someone like Boozer or Johnson just because they feel they need to.

king4day
03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Goran Dragic ;)

The_905
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Bosh will sign at least one more extension...

td0tsfinest
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
well steve nash is technically still playing for the team who drafted him.

I could see Deron playing for the Jazz for the rest of his career.

jimbobjarree
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
melo's from baltimore isn't he? but id love melo on the knicks

moved to Baltimore when he was 8, born in Brooklyn, went back to New York for college, but that may or may not have anything to do with his decision who knows

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
well steve nash is technically still playing for the team who drafted him.

I could see Deron playing for the Jazz for the rest of his career.

I was just waiting for someone to bring that up. Its the english language but i think everyone understand what i meant.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM

I thought the Knicks would have already traded Eddy Curry for 3 future 1st round picks by then

DLeeicious
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I hope CP3 stays

For some reason I doubt that. They need him to stay for the sake of their organization, but I see him leaving at some point.

mvb815
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
durant, unless the thunder go downhill in the next 5 years, but i don't see that happening

KnicksorBust
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM

Imagine if they could sign Amar'e or Bosh to a max (or close to max) contract and with their remaining money sign a couple of vets on one year deals, like Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili, Tracy McGrady or Marcus Camby etc. That way they could be competitive for next season and then have the ability to sign someone like Melo next offseason...

I think that would work better for them than throwing a max deal at someone like Boozer or Johnson just because they feel they need to.

I'd rather throw the max at Joe Johnson and Amare than cross my fingers for Melo one year later and suffer through another bad season without a draft pick.

I thought the Knicks would have already traded Eddy Curry for 3 future 1st round picks by then

The funny thing is Eddy Curry's contract has turned from useless and untradeable to an attractive trade piece. Now that he's expiring, I think he'd be great trade bait around the deadline to go after a Caron Butler type of situation with an underachieving team wanting to shed contracts.

On topic:

Durant stays in OKC
Carmelo stays in Denver
Rose stays in Chicago
Rondo stays in Boston
Lopez stays in NJ.
Roy stays in Portland.

The rest of the young gungs I'm not sure about.

Hellcrooner
03-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Luke walton.

The worst thing is even if its a joke....it is true

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Luke walton.

The worst thing is even if its a joke....it is true

well at least you're consistent cuz thats not the first time i seen you say that

Agent008
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Brandon Roy seems like he will be a Blazer for his entire career.

Hellcrooner
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Brandon Roy seems like he will be a Blazer for his entire career.

too soon to know.

The_Pharouh
03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I think Roy,Rose,Lebron ,may be Loopez

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I think Roy,Rose,Lebron ,may be Loopez

Why are soooo many people sold on Lopez remaining a Net his whole career i mean he is only in his second season. Plus big men unless of an exceptional quality (i.e. Duncan, Hakeem, Malone) rarely stay with one franchise thier whole career. If you don't think Dwight why would you think Lopez???

Mavrix
03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't think SA will resign Manu.

sixer04fan
03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately Willie Green is looking very likely to remain a Sixer forever. The man just will not leave god damn it!

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately Willie Green is looking very likely to remain a Sixer forever. The man just will not leave god damn it!

hahaha good one!

MacFitz92
03-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Roddy Beaubois

_KB24_
03-06-2010, 01:44 AM

I hear there's some other dude, half decent that is most likely going to sign there....hmmmm...... :rolleyes: