PDA

View Full Version : Players that definitely need a change of scenery

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Who are some players that are in need of a change of scenery to show their true worth? Players who are just not meshing or donít fit well with their current team or their style of play.

Examples of players who we have scene gotten that change of scenery and are playing to the expectations and their game has benefited from this are guys like John Salmons, Channing Frye and even Quentin Richardson.

Iíll go first.

Rudy Fernandez is a player who IMO definitely needs to find himself one a team that will utilize his abilities in the correct way. The blazers are primarily using him as a spot up shooter when he really isnít. Fernandez is more of a take it to the hole slashing kind of guard. He has openly voiced his dislike for the way in which he is being used and I totally understand his point of view, oh and not to mention heís stuck behind Brandon Roy. He is being used like a Jason Kapono when he is more like a Manu Ginůbili type player. I am not sold on him being a starter somewhere else but it would really benefit his game if he goes team that will use him in the right way.

Other notable players are guys likeÖÖ. Roger Mason, Richard Jefferson, Eddy Curry and Kirk Hinrich.

TYoung21
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Iguodala...he just doesn't care anymore. Playing with empty crowds, a retarted coach and crappy teammates is getting old for him

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
id have to say amaree s i mean he is doing well just doesnt seem he wants to be there

masalex1205
03-05-2010, 02:52 PM
entire Warriors' roster

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Iguodala...he just doesn't care anymore. Playing with empty crowds, a retarted coach and crappy teammates is getting old for him

I know. His response when he heard of the trade talks surrounding him were so unbecoming of someone who really wants to play with the team he is currently on.

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
id have to say amaree s i mean he is doing well just doesn't seem he wants to be there

I'd beg to differ. Despite his remarks near trade deadline he still seems as if he wants to be with the suns. And his numbers of recent is probably testament that the Amar'e of old is coming back. Or he just pressing now to show that he deserves a max contract.

Ty Fast
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM

thats a good one. i really like iguodala because he went to school at arizona, but ya he needs a change of scenery

alencp3
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Adam Morrison can average 25 points a game in Nets or GS.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM

If AM can average 25 with them I know I can get like 15 and 6 atleast

Hawkeye15
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Al Jefferson. Losing is taking a toll on him, and his attitude and effort will just hamper Love's development, and the Wolves growth. Put Jefferson as a 2nd option on a winning team, and he becomes the best low post scorer in the NBA overnight.

asandhu23
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM

uh no he can't. we have too many good shooters.

asandhu23
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
entire Warriors' roster

actually no. our management and coach need to go. Players who come to the Warriors love the fan base but they are disgusted by our management.

Niro
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
entire Warriors' roster

this kind of

they need a fresh start...new owner new gm new coach

Bob_at_york
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
can somebody explain to me what the bolded part means?

arkanian215
03-05-2010, 05:05 PM

so why doesnt he? oh wait he can't.

skinsfan4life80
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Adam Morrison needs a change. Its called Europe.

Storch
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
baron davis needs to go back to the warriors

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
thats a good one. i really like iguodala because he went to school at arizona, but ya he needs a change of scenery

Could you imagine Iggy playing along side Nash in that suns offense. IMO thats a perfect situation for him.

HoopsDrive
03-05-2010, 05:33 PM
can somebody explain to me what the bolded part means?

The past tense for an additional application of tart.

"I hit my brother upside the head with a pop tart. I then retarted him with the second one from the package."

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=retarted

:D

Raidaz4Life
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Sasha Vujacic

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
The past tense for an additional application of tart.

"I hit my brother upside the head with a pop tart. I then retarted him with the second one from the package."

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=retarted

:D

good one!

HoopsDrive
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Adam Morrison needs a change. Its called Europe.

Actually, he's got plenty of options you see.

NBB: He'd be a role player, sure, but he'd be a useful role player. Yay!

WNBA: Here's where he can really shine. In this league and with the right team and situation he could easily put up 20-10 a night. Can you say Stache for MVP? Yes, I can.

Retirement: No comments here.

PHX2daDEATH
03-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say Chris Paul and David West, Wouldn't suprise me if NO trades both of them in 2 or 3 years, especially with how well Thorton showed he could play.. plus that franchise seems like they want to cut back spending and have no intention of building a winner

Second Andrew Bynum.. Laker fans are HIGHLY critical of this guy but I think if you put him on a team like Detroit or Miami where's hes going to be the 1st or second option.. all bets are off

Wilson
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Andre Iguodala is a good one. The big problem with him, in my opinion, is just that he isn't going to be a first option. He seems to me like the type of guy who can be a decent second option or a great third option. But being the main guy is a no-no for him, in my opinion.

skinsfan4life80
03-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Andrew Bynum as a number one option is laughable

RaptorizedKevin
03-05-2010, 06:44 PM
hedo turkoglu. he hasnr been fitting in and has been showing his lethargic behaviour on the court, causing the raptors to struggle.

thapharcyd
03-05-2010, 06:48 PM
uh no he can't. we have too many good shooters.

Hey man, nice sig, lol, funny we have the same pic.

goose15
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Amare

PHX2daDEATH
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
What about Gilbert Arenas?? Its funny that he causes the main pieces of the team to get traded yet the owner says Gilbert will still be a Wizard.

29$JerZ
03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Washginton should have done all it can to void Arenas and just build from scratch, he is already injury prone and in legal disputes. One more of either and he becomes unmovable

Hellcrooner
03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Harrington and Duhon

Igoudala

Calderon

Devin Harris

Horford somewhere where he cna play PF

Arenas

Tj Ford

Lebron James :D

R Jefferson

Marc Gasol somwhere where he gets 15 touches a game.

Dirk somwhere where he can be second option and win a deserved ring .miami?

C Paul, no longer eneded with COllison and Thorntorn .

Rudy Fernandez and Bayless scape from Mcburger!!!!!!!!

Al Jefferson so he can win some before is past his prime.

Bynum somwehre where he can hog the ball get 25 a night nd 3 rebounds no one calls him for it and be satisfied.

Griffin so he can heal and not see his career lost to a Spell

Randolph get away form Don Nelson.

Nocioni somwhere his d is needed.

Nash somwere not rebuilidig

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Harrington and Duhon

Igoudala

Calderon

Devin Harris

Horford somewhere where he cna play PF

Arenas

Tj Ford

Lebron James :D

R Jefferson

Marc Gasol somwhere where he gets 15 touches a game.

Dirk somwhere where he can be second option and win a deserved ring .miami?

C Paul, no longer eneded with COllison and Thorntorn .

Rudy Fernandez and Bayless scape from Mcburger!!!!!!!!

Al Jefferson so he can win some before is past his prime.

Bynum somwehre where he can hog the ball get 25 a night nd 3 rebounds no one calls him for it and be satisfied.

Griffin so he can heal and not see his career lost to a Spell

Randolph get away form Don Nelson.

Nocioni somwhere his d is needed.

Nash somwere not rebuilidig

In Horford's case its more on the Hawks management to get someone to play C. I really think he is a PF playing out of position but he fits well there so he doesn't really need a change.

C'mon I know you are the expert on the Gasols but honestly Marc is in his second season and he hasn't earned that right of passage to become a first or even second option on a given team. His time will come and he has a nice niche in Memphis.

CP3? Definite need for change of scenery? I think you misunderstood its not about what will benefit the team its about what will benefit the player. Someone with as much basketball knowledge as yourself should know a point guard like CP only comes around every once in a while. He doesn't need change of scenery.

We all know how you feel about Dirk.

Hellcrooner
03-05-2010, 10:13 PM
In Horford's case its more on the Hawks management to get someone to play C. I really think he is a PF playing out of position but he fits well there so he doesn't really need a change.

C'mon I know you are the expert on the Gasols but honestly Marc is in his second season and he hasn't earned that right of passage to become a first or even second option on a given team. His time will come and he has a nice niche in Memphis.

CP3? Definite need for change of scenery? I think you misunderstood its not about what will benefit the team its about what will benefit the player. Someone with as much basketball knowledge as yourself should know a point guard like CP only comes around every once in a while. He doesn't need change of scenery.

We all know how you feel about Dirk.

Problem with marc is if they rsign Gay he will keep being 4th option behind him Mayo and Zach and he can probably lose some effectivenes next year what he is doing wiht his limited amount of shots is unbelievable and cant probably happen twice if he goes down to 9 or 10 ppg next year his value will go down and he will be stuck with just being a role player.

If he got trade sowmhere who needed interior scoring and would allow him to be second option he could do 22 ppg and 10 rpg and become allstar.
Somewhere like Miami or Chicago.

Swashcuff
03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Problem with marc is if they rsign Gay he will keep being 4th option behind him Mayo and Zach and he can probably lose some effectivenes next year what he is doing wiht his limited amount of shots is unbelievable and cant probably happen twice if he goes down to 9 or 10 ppg next year his value will go down and he will be stuck with just being a role player.

If he got trade sowmhere who needed interior scoring and would allow him to be second option he could do 22 ppg and 10 rpg and become allstar.
Somewhere like Miami or Chicago.

I think with Marc's growth in Memphis more touches will come and he may soon be a 16-18 and 10+ player but i certainly see your point as to why a change of scenery will benefit his game.

MrFastBreak
03-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Monta Ellis could use a change of scenery where hed be a second option. He thrived in 07 when B Diddy was running the show.

Korman12
03-06-2010, 12:32 AM
DJ Augustin