PDA

View Full Version : stephen jackson opinion does it matter?

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
The Charlotte Bobcats' Stephen Jackson(notes) has been around the NBA for about a decade and you'd think he'd heard and seen it all. But he seems to think the Boston Celtics are taking things to another level when it comes to trash talk, according to the Boston Globe.

"Certain things were said, quotes by certain people, and there's no need for me to drop names, they know what was said,'' Jackson said. While he wouldn't say any names, the Globe reports that the guy he was most annoyed with was Paul Pierce(notes). At one point in Wednesday's game, Jackson and Pierce had to be separated and they were both given technical fouls.

"I respect them as a team, they're a great team and they play hard, but when they get to a point where they get to disrespecting people and it's not about basketball, that's where I have a problem," Jackson told the Globe.

i personally think out of all people jackson shouldnt be complaining i feel as if like two monthes ago he was talkin so much stuff about kobe and i feel that paul pierce is on another level as jackson pierce never ran into the stands to fight he does talk a lot but that is a part of his game what do you guys think

black1605
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
i may be a bit bias, but i agree with Jack. its not ALL of the celtics, but pierce and garnett need to get a grip.

asandhu23
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
KG, Pierce and Jackson are douchebags. KG for how he treates Belinelli when Rocky was with Warriors, Pierce for how he treated Curry after the 3 point contest this year and Jackson taking the TMNT's( al harrington ) advice and tanking his way off the Warriors.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
KG, Pierce and Jackson are douchebags. KG for how he treates Belinelli when Rocky was with Warriors, Pierce for how he treated Curry after the 3 point contest this year and Jackson taking the TMNT's( al harrington ) advice and tanking his way off the Warriors.

lol every in the nba is a douche what about when kob cheated on his wife, lebron hitting those cups, shaq bangin gilberts wife , etc

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
i may be a bit bias, but i agree with Jack. its not ALL of the celtics, but pierce and garnett need to get a grip.

im a bit bias as well i feel as if jackson should be trying to improve himself before judging others i mean he does have a worse rep then pierce

sep11ie
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
You question if his opinion matters... Does yours?

magichatnumber9
03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
This reminds me of one of those incidents where someone pisses you off, you shove each other and it has to be broken up ect. ect. Then when you tell someone all the details you realize you just overreacted in the moment. This is why Steve won't go into details.

king4day
03-05-2010, 12:04 PM
im a bit bias as well i feel as if jackson should be trying to improve himself before judging others i mean he does have a worse rep then pierce

Since coming to the Cats, I think he's done a fine job in that area. Plus, his issues seemed to be more off the court than on it.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
You question if his opinion matters... Does yours?

lol my question is basically shouldnt jackson be worried about himself other then pierce and i will admit that jackson has been a lot better with the cats

magichatnumber9
03-05-2010, 12:19 PM
You question if his opinion matters... Does yours?Yeah that's why we post here the last time I checked. Because are opinions don't matter including yours. Were not changing the sports world here at PSD, even though some people probably think we do. Were having fun.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 12:29 PM
i just think the **** talking is the celtics stratergy to get in your head i mean its obv working if the biggest s*it talker in the league is getting up set i means its basketball its a part of the game

masalex1205
03-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I'd say Stephen Jackson's opinion matters more than anybody on PSD

ldc62
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Not going to lie. Its fun and games when your team is the one doing the disrespect, but crappy when its the other way around. 2 way street...

I wonder what was going through their heads when the Nets beat them up?

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
i feel you but its deeper then one game i mean the celtics have became easily the most hated team in the nba because they talk s*it but everyone does the celitcs are just open about it im sure kobe and all these big name superstars got a lot of things to say but express it diffrently then other player jackson legitly talked so much trash about kobe but when people talk trash to him its not ok? i geuss i just hate jackson and i felt like pierce is def one of the most underrated players prob in nba history i mean u can say he only wwon because of kg and allen but they wouldnt of won with out pierce i dont think kobe lebron or wade could win alone im getting off topic but this thread was basically just to see how people viewd situation i mean im obv a celtic fan i think the celtics still have a shot at going to the finals do i think its a good chance no but do i see it happening yes

Corey
03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
He's just pissed because people were talking **** to him during a game.

Grow up, to be honest. **** talk happens everywhere.

This man is 32 years old, been playing basketball all his life, and he's throwing a hissy at some **** talk? I find that hard to believe. Not to mention that he's done plenty of it in the past as well.

pebloemer
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I think there is a line that shouldn't be crossed regarding trash talk. It exists sure, but it is hard to say if what was said was crossing the line because no one really knows what was said. Jackson obviously felt like it did, and as a player sure he has a right to make a comment on it. I don't think his history means his opinion doesn't matter...

sugarrayray
03-05-2010, 02:27 PM

This man is 32 years old, been playing basketball all his life, and he's throwing a hissy at some **** talk? I find that hard to believe. Not to mention that he's done plenty of it in the past as well.

Right, but if someone talked trash to your beloved Paul Pierce, you'd wanna call the cops. Honestly, I've never seen a sports fan more biased than you for a single player in my entire life. Deep down you know Pierce is a wannabe thug, but some how you always convince yourself otherwise with some pitiful excuse....like some mom who refuses to believe her son can do anything wrong.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
paul pierce is the celtics captain almost the best celtic of all time celtics are considered one the greatest franchises through out sports of course pierce has more fans then jackson and of course the celitcs are behind him

Jay_Dub
03-05-2010, 02:43 PM
paul pierce is the celtics captain almost the best celtic of all time celtics are considered one the greatest franchises through out sports of course pierce has more fans then jackson and of course the celitcs are behind him

I'm sorry ... but what does this have to do with anything. I thought this thread was about accusations that the Celtics were taking the trash talking thing too far ... not about who has more fans.

Jay_Dub
03-05-2010, 02:50 PM
But anyways ... I did see some highlights of when KG blocked Ratliff and was talking some serious ****. The look on Ratliff's face said it all ... it was shock and awe with what he heard. I don't mind trash talking ... I think it makes the games more entertaining and intense ... but like someone said earlier it a two way street ... it's gonna make you look like a dick if you are so open and in your face about it.
Look at Jordan or Bird ... they were apparently the worst trash talkers in NBA history. But I didn't really notice it just by watching them.

masalex1205
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM

I don't know man, I watch all the Bobcats' games and Jax has been tearing it up. If you had been in a bigger market he would have made the All-Star game. There are even some Cats fans out there who think Jax has been a bigger reason for our play than Crash.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm sorry ... but what does this have to do with anything. I thought this thread was about accusations that the Celtics were taking the trash talking thing too far ... not about who has more fans.

lol sorry :rolleyes:

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't know man, I watch all the Bobcats' games and Jax has been tearing it up. If you had been in a bigger market he would have made the All-Star game. There are even some Cats fans out there who think Jax has been a bigger reason for our play than Crash.

i feel what your saying but jackson is not all star material :facepalm: i feel that he is def good but not that good and i def think he turned his act around since leaving gs but before the cats he was prob one of the worse acts around

magichatnumber9
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
He has turned his act around since leaving Golden State? You people are talking like this was two years ago. This happened this season! Of course he is not acting like *** hole he got what he wanted even if he commited one of the biggest sins in professional sports, forcing a trade. Wow how quick we are to forgive when it's not the Cavs, Lakers, Knicks, or the Celtics. Jackson hasn't earned the right to complain.

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 03:38 PM
He has turned his act around since leaving Golden State? You people are talking like this was two years ago. This happened this season! Of course he is not acting like *** hole he got what he wanted even if he commited one of the biggest sins in professional sports, forcing a trade. Wow how quick we are to forgive when it's not the Cavs, Lakers, Knicks, or the Celtics. Jackson hasn't earned the right to complain.

i def agree with u thats why i made this thread i just feel as if recently hes been accepting is role of being a avg sg/sf he is a piece of ***** i wouldnt want him

IKAZ
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
i def agree with u thats why i made this thread i just feel as if recently hes been accepting is role of being a avg sg/sf he is a piece of ***** i wouldnt want him

whos we? .. your whole boston team is gonna come crashin down. garnett will be talkin his trash from the sidelines..look at people like kendrick perkins who think theyre all that now.. your team is crashing buddy.. the only clean player you got is ray allen . watch nate robinson become like garnett n pierce n them.. i will never forget kg with bosh n calderon. now its time for bosh to torment him night in night out.. that is.. if he's around.. look at the age difference.. I await this moment .

good luck with micheal finley

BOSTON617
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
whos we? .. your whole boston team is gonna come crashin down. garnett will be talkin his trash from the sidelines..look at people like kendrick perkins who think theyre all that now.. your team is crashing buddy.. the only clean player you got is ray allen . watch nate robinson become like garnett n pierce n them.. i will never forget kg with bosh n calderon. now its time for bosh to torment him night in night out.. that is.. if he's around.. look at the age difference.. I await this moment .

good luck with micheal finley

lol we will see and bosh is a great player but put a prime kg vs a prime bosh i think ill take kg bro thats like saying shaq is better then dwight and perkins is a good center all the celtic players are putting up great numbers for a stacked team i think 8 players almost avg double digits??

stawka
03-05-2010, 06:06 PM
We don't know what was said, I think that's enough to believe Jack over a PSD user. If it was "you're ****, you'll never win a ring" it's one thing but as Jack said it wasn't about ball. It could be about family etc...

I don't mind trash talk, but if it's personal then it's on

RaptorizedKevin
03-05-2010, 06:22 PM

definatly. Them two have ZERO sportsmanship for other teams. when pierces dunks on someone, he turn backs and growls. Garnett Taunts nuff play ers and the refs just watch on like fools and dont call a taunting foul. i remember one game, garnett thougt he was dikembi mutombo and was waving his fingers to jose calderon. No taunting foul was given. are refs blind? yes they are? were they scared? probably.

RaptorizedKevin
03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
is it biased if celtics fans defend their team?

BOSTON617
03-06-2010, 03:55 AM
is it biased if celtics fans defend their team?

no im sorry i dont mean to completly be bias im a die hard celtic fan obv pierce is one of my fav player of all time not because hes a celtic i just believe he really is a great leader and a great player i loved him back in the day kg is what made pierce change so im not bein bias im just lettin you guys know that

sf-fanatic
03-06-2010, 06:33 AM
i feel you but its deeper then one game i mean the celtics have became easily the most hated team in the nba because they talk s*it but everyone does the celitcs are just open about it im sure kobe and all these big name superstars got a lot of things to say but express it diffrently then other player jackson legitly talked so much trash about kobe but when people talk trash to him its not ok? i geuss i just hate jackson and i felt like pierce is def one of the most underrated players prob in nba history i mean u can say he only wwon because of kg and allen but they wouldnt of won with out pierce i dont think kobe lebron or wade could win alone im getting off topic but this thread was basically just to see how people viewd situation i mean im obv a celtic fan i think the celtics still have a shot at going to the finals do i think its a good chance no but do i see it happening yes

wow....lets use periods and type in sentences so people can understand...from this thread, i assume you are saying paul pierce is underrated and the celtics are the #1 team in the nba. you are saying the celtics would still be a top team without the help of ray allen and kevin garnett. point proven wrong from 2003-2007, the celtics were pretty bad and the only reason why they made the playoffs twice in those years was that they played in the eastern conference which was not as good as the west. the other two years, they were lottery teams. lebron is single handedly carrying the cavs. the cavs look terrible without lebron. kobe carried the lakers to the playoffs in the WEST and the lakers remained a competitive team almost every year without shaq. and this year dwade is what i would call keeping the heat in playoff contention ALONE. from what i read, you are one of the most biased fans on psd. i can tell what you are trying to get out of this thread. you are trying to use stephen jacksons reputation against him and have a thread full of people bashing him. this is not deserving of a thread. stephen jackson hasnt had any issues the past 2-3 years. and yes jackson is right, everyone in the world knows the celtics are the biggest trash talkers from perkins, garnett, and pierce. i hope the nets got their share of words in with the celtics when they beat them because they deserve it.

does your opinion matter?

J-Relo
03-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Agree

magichatnumber9
03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Wow with just a few posts like the two previous this thread went from good to Brick Tamland intelligent.

amoore87
03-06-2010, 09:59 AM
**** the c's

magichatnumber9
03-06-2010, 10:23 AM
**** the c's:clap:

Tony_Starks
03-06-2010, 03:32 PM

I don't find anything wrong with what he said. He took issue to the disrespect. Talking trash is one thing but disrespect is another. It should also be noted that he's not the first player to make that observation about certain Celtic players.

Like for example when Rondo told CP3 that he's just mad cuz he got a ring and he'll never get one. I believe CP3's exact post game words were "he's gonna have to respect me as a man."

Easy for us to say ok they should just brush that off but some stuff crosses the line IMO.....

sf-fanatic
03-07-2010, 07:29 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats' Stephen Jackson(notes) has been around the NBA for about a decade and you'd think he'd heard and seen it all. But he seems to think the Boston Celtics are taking things to another level when it comes to trash talk, according to the Boston Globe.

"Certain things were said, quotes by certain people, and there's no need for me to drop names, they know what was said,'' Jackson said. While he wouldn't say any names, the Globe reports that the guy he was most annoyed with was Paul Pierce(notes). At one point in Wednesday's game, Jackson and Pierce had to be separated and they were both given technical fouls.

"I respect them as a team, they're a great team and they play hard, but when they get to a point where they get to disrespecting people and it's not about basketball, that's where I have a problem," Jackson told the Globe.

i personally think out of all people jackson shouldnt be complaining i feel as if like two monthes ago he was talkin so much stuff about kobe and i feel that paul pierce is on another level as jackson pierce never ran into the stands to fight he does talk a lot but that is a part of his game what do you guys think

whoa whoa whoa...next time please don't cut the interview short. next time please cite source and post links. but by reading your posts in this thread, i would expect you to cut a certain part of the interview to make your point. heres the rest of the interview. if you read the rest of the interview, jackson has a point. jackson is known for speaking his mind, and i think he is right on this one. boston is known for trash talking since they won their ring, and i cant agree with jackson more that their trash talking has gotten out of hand and the trash talks have been more personal and not related to basketball and that they wouldnt be saying this outside of the gym.

"I respect them as a team, they're a great team and they play hard, but when they get to a point where they get to disrespecting people, and it's not about basketball, that's where I have a problem," Jackson said after the game. "Everybody knows me as a basketball player, but everybody knows me off the court, too. So if it's about basketball, I'm cool, I respect everybody on their team, and I respect them as being a good team. But when it gets to the point where you're disrespecting [me] as a man, that's another problem."

"Certain things were said, quotes by certain people, and there's no need for me to drop names, they know what was said," Jackson said. "Me personally, I can take getting beat, if it's about basketball. But when it gets to the point where you're being personal, and being disrespectful as a man to another man, that's when I have a problem. The person I'm talking about, he knows it because I said what I had to say to him.

"It turned disrespectful when certain things were said. You can be emotional, talk to your teammates, and do all that, but when it's getting personal and you're directing certain things to people as far as their manhood, that's when a problem comes up. And I guarantee you, if I wasn't in this gym, that wouldn't have been said to me."

Source: ESPN Boston
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4964378

Angel2Maverick
03-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Jackson could knock Pierce out and that's a fact :nod:

Strumpy
03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
**** the c's

Atta boy! That's a Tommy Point! :clap:

magichatnumber9
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Jackson could knock Pierce out and that's a fact :nod:Paul Pierce = :superman:
Alright your on here because your traumatized that PP crossed the line and got personal with Stephen Jackson and now your endorsing personal violence. And that Makes you a

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
ok who cares bad post tho it was interesting im defending paul pierce ok lol o well i dont think the celitcs are the # 1 team at all but i do think they have a shot at the title in the east in my books it goes cle bos orl atl but i feel our best shot is beating orl out of those teams

KeithLBC
03-08-2010, 12:33 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
For thinking Paul Pierce is even in the top 5 of greatest Celtics of all time. It's OK, I know none of the Boston fans wanted to call you out on your ridiculous statement, but I will. Get real kid, watch some basketball films from back in the day, you'll see how stupid your statement is.

Corey
03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I agree, but adding 40 face palms to your post is beyond obnoxious.

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Lol ok he is about to break the all time celtic list for points so u get a face palm and it an opinion not a fact bro

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Thats like saying larry bird is greater then jordan its an opinion no facts and paul pierce is def as top 5 celtic top 3 easily bro lol he is so underated look at his stats man

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
i feel what your saying but jackson is not all star material :facepalm: i feel that he is def good but not that good and i def think he turned his act around since leaving gs but before the cats he was prob one of the worse acts around

bull ****...for the majority of the time with the warriors, jackson was a class act. i don't blame him or anyone for wanting to leave by beloved warriors, with jackasses like rowell in charge...

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
jackson is a decent role player get it role player he has to accept is roll he is like a jr smith like seriously he is no allstar lol people are crazy

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Thats like saying larry bird is greater then jordan its an opinion no facts and paul pierce is def as top 5 celtic top 3 easily bro lol he is so underated look at his stats man

how old are you...?

bill russell
larry bird
kevin mchale
danny ainge
robert parish
john havlicek
sam jones
bob cousy

all better than pierce..

hell i would even say garnett in his short tenure with the celtics has had more impact in bringing the celtics to their winning ways than pierce has in his entire career.

there is no way in hell pierce is a top 3 celtic of all time...that statement alone makes me question your fanhood..

are you a pierce fan or a celtic fan?

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
jackson is a decent role player get it role player he has to accept is roll he is like a jr smith like seriously he is no allstar lol people are crazy

jackson isn't an all star simply because the position he plays right now is loaded...

you can call jackson whatever you want...

but one thing i know for sure is he's a winning basketball player...ask tim duncan

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
ok bro ima call tim duncan up im 22 years old i seen bird russel all them play everyone form boston has but paul pierce a had a longer career b his stats are above most of those guys u named and c he is loved in boston if u ever were in boston paul pierce is the man bird it goes bird russel PIERCE mchale parish cousy garnett allen DANNY AINGE ARE U JOKING ME?!?!?! LOL he messed our team up 100 times

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Career FG 3PT FT Rebounds Misc
Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
1998-99 BOS 48 34:00 5.9 13.5 43.9 1.8 4.3 41.2 2.9 4.1 71.3 2.4 4.0 6.4 2.4 2.4 1.7 1.0 2.9 16.5
1999-00 BOS 73 35:23 6.7 15.1 44.2 1.3 3.8 34.3 4.9 6.2 79.8 1.1 4.3 5.4 3.0 2.4 2.1 0.9 3.3 19.6
2000-01 BOS 82 38:00 8.4 18.5 45.4 1.8 4.7 38.3 6.7 9.0 74.5 1.2 5.2 6.4 3.1 3.2 1.7 0.8 3.1 25.3
2001-02 BOS 82 40:17 8.6 19.5 44.2 2.6 6.3 40.4 6.3 7.8 80.9 1.0 5.9 6.9 3.2 2.9 1.9 1.1 2.9 26.2
2002-03 BOS 79 39:12 8.4 20.2 41.7 1.5 5.0 30.2 7.7 9.5 80.2 1.3 6.0 7.3 4.4 3.7 1.8 0.8 2.9 25.9
2003-04 BOS 80 38:42 7.5 18.7 40.2 1.4 4.8 30.0 6.5 7.9 81.9 0.9 5.7 6.5 5.1 3.8 1.6 0.7 2.9 23.0
2004-05 BOS 82 36:06 6.8 14.9 45.5 1.3 3.6 37.0 6.7 8.2 82.2 1.0 5.6 6.6 4.2 2.8 1.6 0.5 3.1 21.6
2005-06 BOS 79 39:00 8.7 18.5 47.1 1.4 4.0 35.4 7.9 10.3 77.2 1.0 5.7 6.7 4.8 3.5 1.4 0.4 2.8 26.8
2006-07 BOS 47 37:00 7.9 18.1 43.9 2.3 5.9 38.9 6.8 8.6 79.6 0.8 5.1 5.9 4.1 3.2 1.0 0.3 2.6 25.0
2007-08 BOS 80 35:53 6.4 13.7 46.4 1.8 4.6 39.2 5.1 6.1 84.3 0.7 4.5 5.1 4.5 2.8 1.3 0.5 2.5 19.6
2008-09 BOS 81 37:30 6.7 14.6 45.7 1.5 3.8 39.1 5.7 6.8 83.0 0.7 5.0 5.6 3.6 2.8 1.0 0.3 2.7 20.5
2009-10 BOS 51 34:47 5.5 11.9 46.0 1.7 3.9 43.9 5.1 5.9 85.4 0.4 4.0 4.4 3.2 2.6 1.3 0.5 2.7 17.7
Career 864 37:23 7.4 16.6 44.4 1.7 4.5 37.0 6.2 7.7 80.1 1.0 5.2 6.2 3.9 3.0 1.5 0.6 2.9 22.6
Career Totals
Career Totals

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 03:30 PM
ok bro ima call tim duncan up im 22 years old i seen bird russel all them play everyone form boston has but paul pierce a had a longer career b his stats are above most of those guys u named and c he is loved in boston if u ever were in boston paul pierce is the man bird it goes bird russel PIERCE mchale parish cousy garnett allen DANNY AINGE ARE U JOKING ME?!?!?! LOL he messed our team up 100 times

i'm not trying to insult you...maybe you're just being lazy...but there are kids living in slums in south africa who speak english as a second language, better than you as a first language...

anyways danny ainge was a beast of a player...gm thats another story, and not what were talking about...

all of those guys i've mentioned have more rings than pierce...they also in most cases put up considerably better stats...

pierce puts up nice numbers, but nothing fantastic...

pierce for most of his career has been a losing basketball player.

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
i'm not trying to insult you...maybe you're just being lazy...but there are kids living in slums in south africa who speak english as a second language, better than you as a first language...

anyways danny ainge was a beast of a player...gm thats another story, and not what were talking about...

all of those guys i've mentioned have more rings than pierce...they also in most cases put up considerably better stats...

pierce puts up nice numbers, but nothing fantastic...

pierce for most of his career has been a losing basketball player.

lol pierce was not a losing basketball player he has been in the playoffs more then kg and ray allen and made it to eastern confrence finals most of the years and if we doing rings then bill russel is the best basketball palyer of all time right????????:facepalm:

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
all im saying is its a fact pierces jeresy will be retired and he will be a top 3 celtic make a poll bro

montazingmvp
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
lol pierce was not a losing basketball player he has been in the playoffs more then kg and ray allen and made it to eastern confrence finals most of the years and if we doing rings then bill russel is the best basketball palyer of all time right????????:facepalm:

paul pierce's teams have made the playoffs 6/12 seasons...not more often than kg...

no bill russell is not the best basketball player of all time...but the fact that no matter what team he played for, they won, is a pretty good indication of what type of ball player he was...

you cannot say the same for pierce...and there is no argument here...paul pierce is nowhere near russell's level..

BOSTON617
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
obv to diffrent postions bro thats like saying shaq can beat kobe one on one lol like what sg/sf is better then pierce in the league not to many esp a pierce in his prime im sorry bro but pierce is good and he will be a top 3 celtic player just like kobe will be a top 3 laker