PDA

View Full Version : Cotto vs Foreman

ULT WARRIOR408
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Miguel Cotto will be moving up to 154(jr middleweight)to fight Yuri Foreman the WBA 154 pound championship.The fight will take place at the new Yankee stadium on june 5th.

xSolidx
03-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Interesting

Cotto has said he is going to retire this yr, one fight against Yuri and another fight by the end of the yr.

Yuri doesnt really have any power, he just hits and moves. But the guy is undefeated so he must be doing something right.

Im not the biggest Cotto fan, but I can see him winning this one rather easily because of his power. I really dont think moving up in weight is going to be that big of a deal for him.

ULT WARRIOR408
03-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Foreman is a pillow puncher but I can see him outpointing Cotto.I can also see Cotto landing a thunderous right uppercut to end this fight.I cant wait to see the contrast in styles & who'll dictate the tempo.

Bravo95
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
On regular HBO, thankfully.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I was at my pops house & I was watching the YES channel.They said that this fight will be the biggest Jewish event ever.:rolleyes:

AddiX
04-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I think this is a bad fight for Cotto personally. Especially since hes moving up. If Cotto does win I think Cotto vs Berto could be one hell of a good fight.

I also think Arum might think Cotto is at the end of his career and thinks this might be the perfect opportunity to give Foreman a named opponent to try and build Foreman into a big ticket seller for the future.

I'm just happy Cotto actually has a trainer now.

2009mvp
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I think this is a bad fight for Cotto personally. Especially since hes moving up. If Cotto does win I think Cotto vs Berto could be one hell of a good fight.

I also think Arum might think Cotto is at the end of his career and thinks this might be the perfect opportunity to give Foreman a named opponent to try and build Foreman into a big ticket seller for the future.

I'm just happy Cotto actually has a trainer now.

Sounds like Manny's working on some pretty significant changes for Cotto,

FH: Are there any whole sale changes that you are making?

Steward: Major, major changes. All of his basics were all screwed up. I've watched him go from being a pretty good little boxer-puncher earlier in his career to just being a squatting down guy with his hands way apart. All of his basics are all screwed up now. It's a very difficult assignment, but I find it challenging.

But Miguel used to be a beautiful little boxer who was beating all of our American guys. He would get on his toes, and he could box and he could box.

And then, some kind of way, he became this squatting down, peek-a-boo defense, coming forward little guy. And he couldn't be effective that way anymore. What we're working on is his basic stuff.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/04/12/manny-steward-on-wladimir-klitschko-miguel-cotto-american-heav/

About time he's got someone who isn't there just to bow to his demands in his corner. Still not sure what he's got left after taking a serious beating in three of his last four fights though.

AddiX
04-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds like Manny's working on some pretty significant changes for Cotto,

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/04/12/manny-steward-on-wladimir-klitschko-miguel-cotto-american-heav/

About time he's got someone who isn't there just to bow to his demands in his corner. Still not sure what he's got left after taking a serious beating in three of his last four fights though.

Manny knows his stuff, but he did the same thing with Taylor and IMO he destroyed Taylor's style. Not saying it was Manny's fault, but Taylor didn't was never going to adapt to the style manny wanted. I if Cotto is so stubborn that in the biggest fight of his career he didn't want a trainer, I can't imagine he will be willing to change much either.

With the short amount of time Manny has to work with Cotto, he won't change much of anything TBH. That's years of training he has to change in a few months, it's not gonna happen.

Hyland
04-19-2010, 07:15 AM
This is a good fight for Cotto, he's much faster than Foreman who virtually has no pop in his punches, and Foreman relies on speed. Cotto will break Foreman down starting with body shots and work his way into a TKO victory. Cotto is too talented guys, have you forgot who he was because of his recent loss?

ULT WARRIOR408
04-21-2010, 11:02 PM
^We haven't forgot who he was & was is the key word.But all those brawls that he's been in are taking its toll on him & if you ask me he's damaged goods.With that being said I could see him winning but I can also see him losing on points.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
On regular HBO, thankfully.

It'll be on regular HBO 6/5/10.:box:

Apophis
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I got tickets to the fight.. My first time at the new Yankees stadium and its going to be a boxing match...lol

I cant wait to see....

Bravo95
05-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Only one week away now. Pretty good buzz for this fight among the non-hardcore fans I've spoken with

Apophis
05-31-2010, 03:16 AM
^^^ It is getting good buzz....

I can't wait.... Would be good if Cotto wins... This fight is one week before the Puerto Rican day parade... Would be nice to see Cotto in the parade with the belt on his shoulders...

AddiX
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Just ordered my tickets!

I wasn't that hyped for this, but all of a sudden I got hyped this week. Yankee Stadium, Cotto vs Foreman in the BX? Yeah this is going to be awesome. I love the PR crowd and am excited to see how many Hasidics from BK show up. Will be a real interesting crowd.

I remember when Salita use to fight midtown and the crowd was a bunch of hood dudes mixed with a bunch of Hasidic Jews, was a interesting sight to see thats for sure.

Cotto's recent pictures, he looked pretty beastly. I thought Foreman was going to give him and hell and possibly win but I'm starting to think Cotto might go tank mode on him.

Apophis
06-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Anyone watching the Cotto fight.. would love a link please pm...

cwsnj
06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
It's on HBO. I'll try to find you a link though.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 12:15 AM
It was a really bad fight and then Yuri tore what looked like his knee up and couldn't move. He kept falling and getting up and had to stand and exchange haymakers with cotto. Survived the round and couldn't come back out. He could barely walk. It was pretty unfortunate. and the new yankee stadium. Wait huh.

It's back on.

Go here www.atdhe.com

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 12:17 AM
this is weird they stopped the fight the ring got crowded and cotto was consoling forman and now they cleared the ring and started the fight again. Never seen anything like this.

Chill_Will_24
06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Cotto didnt impress me too much. He looked sharp but you gotta remember who he was fighting; a rabbi with no power, and a bad knee. I think Cotto should go back to 147 cuz these big guys are gonna tear him apart. I dont think this fight did too much to improve Cottos confidence.

Bravo95
06-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Next for Cotto should be either Berto or Cintron. Hold it in South Beach or Puerto Rico.

AddiX
06-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Cotto didnt impress me too much. He looked sharp but you gotta remember who he was fighting; a rabbi with no power, and a bad knee. I think Cotto should go back to 147 cuz these big guys are gonna tear him apart. I dont think this fight did too much to improve Cottos confidence.

No one is going to look great against Foreman. I thought Cotto did very well, I agree he should go back down in weight, but he could always just stay at 154 and make a guy like Berto move up to fight him.

I tell ya one thing though, I hope they do a whole lot more fights at Yankee Stadium. That was a whole lot of fun. As far as atmosphere goes for big fights, that easily ranks as the coolest one I've been to.

On T.V. you couldnt even come close to knowing how insane that place was. Everyone was having fun, and the way peple were looking around like they were in disbelief that they were watching a fight at Yankee Stadium was pretty cool.

2009mvp
06-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Agreed. Not that he wasn't sharp, but he's really undersized at 154. If he brings up a WW he can stick there, but continuing to fight legit Jr. Middle's probably isn't a great idea.

Next for Cotto should be either Berto or Cintron. Hold it in South Beach or Puerto Rico.

Both intriguing matchups. Cintron would be a hell of a battle considering he's not a huge Jr. MW. Really interesting to see if Cotto would stay disciplined and stay out of a brawl like the ones he lost to Margarito and Pac.

No one is going to look great against Foreman. I thought Cotto did very well, I agree he should go back down in weight, but he could always just stay at 154 and make a guy like Berto move up to fight him.

I tell ya one thing though, I hope they do a whole lot more fights at Yankee Stadium. That was a whole lot of fun. As far as atmosphere goes for big fights, that easily ranks as the coolest one I've been to.

On T.V. you couldnt even come close to knowing how insane that place was. Everyone was having fun, and the way peple were looking around like they were in disbelief that they were watching a fight at Yankee Stadium was pretty cool.

Oh man that musta been awesome, especially with the Puerto Rican crowd.

Apophis
06-07-2010, 01:48 AM
It's on HBO. I'll try to find you a link though.

Thanks... It wasnt for me..lol ....My bro lost his cable connection and was asking me if I knew of any....I was at the stadium watching the fight... Loved the atmosphere... I cant wait to see more fights there...

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 08:00 AM
That was a great fight to me. was a classic in the bronx. was going for cotto all the way but foreman shown much heart and give him lots of respect

Bravo95
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Cotto's got options now, but I don't know if he's best suited to stay at 154. Wonder how a rematch with Margarito (in PR or Mexico) would play with the boxing community.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
^I would love to see Cotto defend his new belt against my boy Sechew Powell.If he's smart he'll keep Stewart as his trainer.He'd be good at 154 pounds he just has to choose his fights very carefully.

Bravo95
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
SSM-Cotto, anyone?

2009mvp
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
^^That's such an HBO fight. Squeeze the last dollar outta two guys pretty much at the end of the road in their (great) careers. I'd be interested, but I think Cotto (and of course Arum) understand there's a lot more money to be had if he rematches Pac or Margarito rather than Sugar.