PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't the Heat get as much "heat" as the Celtics?

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I made this thread but it got moved to the comparison forum (which doesn't seem to be very popular) I'm not sure why I guess it was because of the title (05-06 Heat vs 07-08 Celtics), but I decided to remake it because I wanted the opinions of others.

Because of how disappointing the Celtics have been this year,and last year (although KG was hurt), people nowdays are saying that Boston 'bought' their recent championship, and didn't win it, and also calling them one-hit wonders (I'm included in the group of people saying those things). They say this because veteran guys like KG, Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, PJ Brown, etc. got together after being on bad teams their whole careers so they can win a championship, just for the sake of winning one and being able to end all of their respective careers saying "I was able to win a NBA Championship." People also like to say those players "sold their souls" because they didn't earn it or they didn't build towards the goal...they just got together and won one title. Well, I was recently thinking, and I just thought, why don't people say the same thing about that Miami team a couple years ago? They had vets like Shaq, Zo, Payton, Antoine Walker, etc. that came together, won the championship, and disbanded after a year or 2. Yet, I don't hear anyone call that team a "one hit wonder" or say Wade is lucky to have a ring, or Wade only won because HoF'ers came to help him, like they do about Pierce. The Celtics did the exact same thing the Heat did to win their Championship. So, what do you guys think about this? Do you think that Heat team should be criticized just as much as the Celtics?

NightMayer1558
03-05-2010, 12:30 AM
I see where you're coming from, but I think the main reason this is different is because Wade, the younger player, was very instrumental in the title run, while Rondo and Perkins didn't contribute as much during Boston's.

Not to mention the Heat's problems were worse the following year. If I remember correctly Wade went down with injury and Shaq basically quit on them at some point, and I think the others retired.

jackdawson
03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
I see where you're coming from, but I think the main reason this is different is because Wade, the younger player, was very instrumental in the title run, while Rondo and Perkins didn't contribute as much during Boston's.

Not to mention the Heat's problems were worse the following year. If I remember correctly Wade went down with injury and Shaq basically quit on them at some point, and I think the others retired.

^^^^ This!!

And Heat brought in veterans who had nothing left in their tank while KG, Allen (last year) are still all stars...Not to mention they had 3 all stars this year. Now I see why the previous thread was moved.

SwaggaIke
03-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Neither team really got a fair shot at repeating. Wade went down and wasn't close to 100% when he returned and KG also went down. We don't know what either team could have done if healthy for a chance at a repeat.

spacemandave
03-05-2010, 01:17 AM
although bosh is underrated, barkleys said that about like 15 guys lol...think both teams just got old tho.

uchiha
03-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Who criticizes the Celtics for making a key move to win a championship? It seems like you are making up the conflict here

Raph12
03-05-2010, 03:22 AM
I say it all the time, just ask any Heat fan about me, apparently I'm known for critisizing Wade or something...

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Who criticizes the Celtics for making a key move to win a championship? It seems like you are making up the conflict here

making up a conflict? do you know how much people (celtics haters) make fun of the celtics, calling them one hit wonders and saying that KG and Ray allen sold their souls to get a championship because they couldn't win them leading their own team(s)? you must be kidding me...

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2010, 03:42 AM
^^^^ This!!

And Heat brought in veterans who had nothing left in their tank while KG, Allen (last year) are still all stars...Not to mention they had 3 all stars this year. Now I see why the previous thread was moved.

Shaq was still an all-star...and the last thread got moved because the title I made made it look like a comparison thread. And also, the part you bolded just furthers my point...that team could be considered a one hit wonder team, because they disbanded like 2 years later...

WadeCounty
03-05-2010, 03:43 AM
if wade wouldn't have had a back injury the year before against the pistons it wouldnt have been a one hit wonder but yet maybe 2 rings in a row, either way people do call the heat a one hit wonder so idk why your claiming they don't. That 1 hit wonder happened because of wade and he still currently is on the team, aslong as there's a will there's a wade to win. Just pair him up with a legit big man like lets say gasol and it wont be a one hit wonder

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2010, 03:55 AM
if wade wouldn't have had a back injury the year before against the pistons it wouldnt have been a one hit wonder but yet maybe 2 rings in a row, either way people do call the heat a one hit wonder so idk why your claiming they don't. That 1 hit wonder happened because of wade and he still currently is on the team, aslong as there's a will there's a wade to win. Just pair him up with a legit big man like lets say gasol and it wont be a one hit wonder

The same can be said about KG's knee. That's like saying, if KG didnt get hurt, they wouldve repeated for sure...you can't say that because u never know...

and also, I've never heard one person call that team a one hit wonder...