PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of NBA team back in Vancouver?

GodsSon
03-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I was watching local news in Toronto last night and they were saying that after the recent success of the Olympics, people in Vancouver were hopeful they could attract an NBA team back to the West coast...Although I'd love to see it happen, what do you think are the realistic chances of it happening?

Keep in mind that Stern said the initial Vancouver situation was probably the biggest flub in his tenure and hates how everything turned out

Thoughts? (I couldn't find a source, but if anyone from the West coast has one please post it)

abe_froman
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM
very slim to nil.

the league will not go under expansion while they are going through their current economic woes,so count that way out/its dead.

so relocation,possible but i just dont see any owner having vancouver high on the list of places they'd move to if they did...still scared off from the debacle that was last time

coloradobuff
03-04-2010, 03:49 PM
should have never left van city in 1st place..give stern kudos for recognizing mistake there..they deserve a team again.

Jaji
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Slow down. You guys won the Gold in hockey, I understand. But that isn't going to spark the Canadian Revolution. What's next? A Super Bowl in Montreal?

GCOOKIE7
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Slow down. You guys won the Gold in hockey, I understand. But that isn't going to spark the Canadian Revolution. What's next? A Super Bowl in Montreal?

I don't know what that means...

Anyway if there was the super bowl in Montreal it would kick ***. the 18 year old drinking age would make it messed. It would never happen though.

GodsSon

Hey, your Bills are already beginning the baby-step process of moving to TO full time lol

Tommyh1331
^^^lol, not a chance in hek that they go back to vancouver it was an endeavor that failed, if they ever expand again it will be in mexico or europe, and seattle has a better chance at getting a team before you guys and that is a fat chance

Tommyh1331
03-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I could see the a football team in Toronto though....

GodsSon
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
^^^lol, not a chance in hek that they go back to vancouver it was an endeavor that failed, if they ever expand again it will be in mexico or europe, and seattle has a better chance at getting a team before you guys and that is a fat chance

But why did it fail? From what I remember it wasn't because of a lack of fan support...FO decisions and ultimately the sale to Heisley was what sealed their fate...but still, relocating a team after only 6 years in existence is a very premature thing to do

mikantsass
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
There will never be another NBA team in Canada other than the Raps

Punkindrublic03
03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Seattle Sonics resurrection > Vancouver Grizzlies resurrection

GodsSon
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM

The Northwest region will probably get back another team...the question is which city? lol

td0tsfinest
03-04-2010, 04:16 PM

It failed cause of management. Basketball can live in Canada.

I strongly believe both Montreal and Vancouver are hot beds for a basketball franchise. The raptors are one of the top teams in the league when it comes to number of seats sold per season and I really couldn't see why they wouldn't be able to mimic the same in either two cities.

thescore53
03-04-2010, 04:16 PM

wow a sonics fan just a question do you guys follow the thunder

thescore53
03-04-2010, 04:18 PM
There will never be another NBA team in Canada other than the Raps

as a celtics fan you should know nothing is
imposssssibleee !!!!

GodsSon
03-04-2010, 04:18 PM
It failed cause of management. Basketball can live in Canada.

I strongly believe both Montreal and Vancouver are hot beds for a basketball franchise. The raptors are one of the top teams in the league when it comes to number of seats sold per season and I really couldn't see why they wouldn't be able to mimic the same in either two cities.

I'm not sure about Montreal, the Habs are religion there...the Expos failed as well...I remember when I was in Cuba last year, there was a huge amount of people from Montreal there, and when talking to them about sports a lot of them didn't even know who the Raptors were lol

thescore53
03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
this is just gonna lead to canada bashing:facepalm::facepalm:

GodsSon
03-04-2010, 04:32 PM
this is just gonna lead to canada bashing:facepalm::facepalm:

I doubt it

GCOOKIE7
03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Bring a team to Brampton, Ontario and it'll be a success!