PDA

View Full Version : Should the Hornets call it a season?

wolf3742
03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
CP3 is down, 5 games behind the fifth seed, very rough schedule ahead . Should the Hornets call it a season and just let CP3 sit out and be ready for 2010-11?
- This may be the season to let the Rookies play more minutes (Also let Aaron Gray play more) and let them learn more.
- Rest CP3 and have him avoid reinjuring himself. Prepare himself for next 2010-2011 on which I think we have a better outlook (Peja and Mo Pete's expiring can be easily moved in trades)
- Have a good pick for the draft and have a tiny chance on the lottery

Thoughts?

spacemandave
03-04-2010, 03:26 PM
i agree...hire jeff van gundy and start playing d, and trade collison and west for bosh

saintdrew
03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
i agree...hire jeff van gundy and start playing d, and trade collison and west for bosh

^ Exactly. Right on the money. Sit CP3 for the season, and just start rebuilding.

Trade David West, Morris Peterson, Peja, Collison..

not saying we need to trade all of those guys listed but West needs to be included in a deal for a big man. And Collison is the key to getting one of these deals completed.

Vinny642
03-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah as hard as it is for me to say, we have to give it up. We are too inconsistent in games to win. We always make a late comeback but have been unsuccessful at winning recently. We need to make moves, bye to Peja, Mo Pete, and West!! And release Posey

BIGBREED
03-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Being an ex-player and a competitor, I would never say throw in the towel or quit! I go all out until that final whistle blows. If they're keeping score, I'm playing to win/dominate!

**IT AIN'T OVER TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS**
-She may be warming up, but its still not over!

[RIGHT SIDE, STRONG SIDE!]

Vinny642
03-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Being an ex-player and a competitor, I would never say throw in the towel or quit! I go all out until that final whistle blows. If they're keeping score, I'm playing to win/dominate!

That was my attitude on this for a while, I know we are close but come on we got players that don't care anymore. We always let the team kill us in the 2nd quarter, and then we are playing catch up too much and its just too much to come back from.

wolf3742
03-05-2010, 01:01 AM

If the team could have just beaten the Grizz or the Spurs I might not have thrown the towel yet, but I am not sure if we can really get it going to make the playoffs. And I want to avoid the risk of having CP3 injured again when the season seems bleak. BUT i am still curious on how CP3 and DC would play out.... Would they see floor time together and would they co-exist nicely.

spacemandave
03-05-2010, 01:38 AM
haha, wolf are you reading my mind...i am extreeeemely curious to see cp3, dc, and thornton all on the floor at once because that would be electric. what team can guard all 3 of these guys, would have liked to see them out there w west and songalia at the end(bc i guess okafors mommy doesnt let him play in the 4th quarter or something?) but if we can get a true 3 and a 4 for collison, west, and expiring contracts i think thats the way you can build to a championship which is the ultimate goal.

wolf3742
03-05-2010, 12:09 PM
haha, wolf are you reading my mind...i am extreeeemely curious to see cp3, dc, and thornton all on the floor at once because that would be electric. what team can guard all 3 of these guys, would have liked to see them out there w west and songalia at the end(bc i guess okafors mommy doesnt let him play in the 4th quarter or something?) but if we can get a true 3 and a 4 for collison, west, and expiring contracts i think thats the way you can build to a championship which is the ultimate goal.

I think all Hornets fan are curious on seeing how DC and CP3 and Thornton would look on the floor together. It would ba really fast paced game and maybe a run and gun type. But I think we will see more of this during the second Q or third. That lineup would be bad on D because of size and it would really show our weakness with the lack of defensive anchor in the C position. Just got me thinking if we could trade West for a serviceable Center and another wing player. CP3, DC, Thornton, Okafor and a Defensive anchor would be a nice lineup during a 2nd Q or 3rd Q stretch

ballpd05
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I think all Hornets fan are curious on seeing how DC and CP3 and Thornton would look on the floor together. It would ba really fast paced game and maybe a run and gun type. But I think we will see more of this during the second Q or third. That lineup would be bad on D because of size and it would really show our weakness with the lack of defensive anchor in the C position. Just got me thinking if we could trade West for a serviceable Center and another wing player. CP3, DC, Thornton, Okafor and a Defensive anchor would be a nice lineup during a 2nd Q or 3rd Q stretch

Agreed. Offensively DC, CP3, and Marcus Thornton would be a nightmare to defend. On the other hand being undersized like that makes it tough to defend the other team especially with the lack of shot blocking and defensive post players. When your 6'3 and under shooting and driving against your man who may be 6'5-6'8 and finishing against 6'10-7 footers will make it it a little more difficult.

Like I said the Hornets need athletes. Right now they have to be in the bottom five for athletic teams. Bring in some guys who can fly up and down the court, play d, and play above the rim. Another guy who can create his own shot will help too, and a real PF who gets buckets more buckets attacking the rim than of fading away from it.

ballpd05
03-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think they should purposely tank it. But i think they should hold cp3 out the lineup and hope this squad they got out there can make a run. CP3 is the future and this team is FAR from championship contender so there is no need to risk his health just to get ran by the lakers in the first round.

JDizzle
03-07-2010, 08:18 PM
mine as well call it a season I dont want us getting the 8th or 7th seed and getting smacked rather get a top 12 pick