PDA

View Full Version : How would you rank Teams hstorical Performance?

Hellcrooner
03-04-2010, 04:09 AM
IMO

Lakers A+ finals in every decade rings in every decade but two.

Clipers F epic fail after epic Fail.

Suns B always contending only two times went and lost the big dance.

Kings C+ They have a ring but on another city under another name.

Warriors D+ History cant make up for 30 years of continuous faliures.

Nuggets C nothing really remarkable long streaks of playoffs and long streaks of lottery.

Blazers B+ they always seem to be up there and even got a ring.

Jazz A, they may have not won a ring but they do the most serious Work n the whole league in being consistently competitive in such a low market, Props to them

Wolves D they had one good era with Kg but overall they have sucked and make a lot of mistakes.

Thunder - too soon to know, Sonics woudl be a B+ similar to Blazers.

Spurs A they have had some bad seasons but the yhav led them to get RObinson or Duncan they are always contending basically and have a great structure.

Mavs B- Very bipolar grew fast in the 80s sucked at clipper level in the 90s and have been contenders ever since.

Grizz F+ only 3 playoffs in 15 years in not so good.

Hornets B have had many brilliant moments.

Rockets A - Two rings, solid stars but their last years have them lost some Luster.

Knicks C- Yes they were great , and they will be back to it but Since the mid 70s they have been pretty pathetic with the mid 90s exception.

Nets D+ they have had some nice runs but in general theyve been unimpresive.

Celtics A - they should have an A+ but one needs to take on account what happened since Bird left until Kg went in.

Raptors C+ they have had a nice amount of Playoff appearances in their short history.

Sixers B+ Great past but they have been killing their mith their last 25 years or so.

Magic A They have been outstanding ever since they got shaq, some bad years here and there but two finals and the perenial sensation to be in the mix for the ring.

Heat A + They first of the mid 80s expansion to make the playoffs they made very good in the final 90s and they got a ring what else can you ask for?

Wizzards F epic F they should go back to be the Bullets who desrved a B

Hawks C good eras with horrible eras great past has them in the middle of everywhere or nowhere.

Bobcats: c- Too soon.but other expansins teams made poffs earlier than they have or will ahve if they make it this year.

Pistons: B+ Consistent lways in the mix and have two rings.

Bulls: B+ They owe everything to MJ they were not that good before and sucked a lot after him.

Bucks: D they used to be great but since mid 80s they have been pretty bad.

Pacers: C+ consistent, serious always there but never able to give that last step.

Cavs: C+ streaky some good eras and some horrible ones.

Bashna
03-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Seems pretty good. Spurs-Celtics-Lakers all should be A+'s.

ko8e24
03-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Seems pretty good. Spurs-Celtics-Lakers all should be A+'s.

Celtics are good enough at A. They don't get that + because of the downtime b/w retirement of Bird and with the Big 3 of KG, Pierce and Allen in Boston

bostncelts34
03-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Where i agree that the celtics should not be an A+, i think itd rpetty obsurd that you have Miami as an a+ and then you dont have the celtics. Doesn't make sense to me

JordansBulls
03-04-2010, 09:02 AM
IMO

Lakers A+ finals in every decade rings in every decade but two.

Clipers F epic fail after epic Fail.

Suns B always contending only two times went and lost the big dance.

Kings C+ They have a ring but on another city under another name.

Warriors D+ History cant make up for 30 years of continuous faliures.

Nuggets C nothing really remarkable long streaks of playoffs and long streaks of lottery.

Blazers B+ they always seem to be up there and even got a ring.

Jazz A, they may have not won a ring but they do the most serious Work n the whole league in being consistently competitive in such a low market, Props to them

Wolves D they had one good era with Kg but overall they have sucked and make a lot of mistakes.

Thunder - too soon to know, Sonics woudl be a B+ similar to Blazers.

Spurs A they have had some bad seasons but the yhav led them to get RObinson or Duncan they are always contending basically and have a great structure.

Mavs B- Very bipolar grew fast in the 80s sucked at clipper level in the 90s and have been contenders ever since.

Grizz F+ only 3 playoffs in 15 years in not so good.

Hornets B have had many brilliant moments.

Rockets A - Two rings, solid stars but their last years have them lost some Luster.

Knicks C- Yes they were great , and they will be back to it but Since the mid 70s they have been pretty pathetic with the mid 90s exception.

Nets D+ they have had some nice runs but in general theyve been unimpresive.

Celtics A - they should have an A+ but one needs to take on account what happened since Bird left until Kg went in.

Raptors C+ they have had a nice amount of Playoff appearances in their short history.

Sixers B+ Great past but they have been killing their mith their last 25 years or so.

Magic A They have been outstanding ever since they got shaq, some bad years here and there but two finals and the perenial sensation to be in the mix for the ring.

Heat A + They first of the mid 80s expansion to make the playoffs they made very good in the final 90s and they got a ring what else can you ask for?

Wizzards F epic F they should go back to be the Bullets who desrved a B

Hawks C good eras with horrible eras great past has them in the middle of everywhere or nowhere.

Bobcats: c- Too soon.but other expansins teams made poffs earlier than they have or will ahve if they make it this year.

Pistons: B+ Consistent lways in the mix and have two rings.

Bulls: B+ They owe everything to MJ they were not that good before and sucked a lot after him.

Bucks: D they used to be great but since mid 80s they have been pretty bad.

Pacers: C+ consistent, serious always there but never able to give that last step.

Cavs: C+ streaky some good eras and some horrible ones.

Explain how the Rockets are an "A-" and the Bulls a "B+"? We had a dynasty and the Rockets did not.

bagwell368
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Celtics are good enough at A. They don't get that + because of the downtime b/w retirement of Bird and with the Big 3 of KG, Pierce and Allen in Boston

Celts - still have the most titles. Still have the most HOF'ers. Still generated the most coaches and GM's.

Spurs, Bulls - nice, but in the history of the NBA? It's the Celts and Lakers and everybody else takes a back seat. Also depending on what's ancient history for you... the Celts have a lot more titles then the Lakers if you go back to the year I was born in - 1957 and count up since.

Celts also have axed the Lakers head to head in the Finals all time. Look it up.

JiffyMix88
03-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Lakers A+

Clipers F

Suns B-

Kings C+

Warriors C-

Nuggets C

Blazers B+

Jazz B

Wolves D

Thunder/Sonics B-

Spurs A

Mavs B-

Grizz D-

Hornets C+

Rockets A

Knicks B-

Nets C-

Celtics A+

Raptors C-

Sixers B

Magic B

Heat B

Wizzards D

Hawks C

Bobcats: F

Pistons: A-

Bulls: A

Bucks: C-

Pacers: C+

Cavs: C

Hellcrooner
03-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Explain how the Rockets are an "A-" and the Bulls a "B+"? We had a dynasty and the Rockets did not.

The rockets have been always competitive i dont remember then being more than 2 consecutive years in teh lotto.

Bulss had one god run of year sin teh 70s then sucked A LOT then there was MJ and then......NOTHING until recently .

Hellcrooner
03-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Where i agree that the celtics should not be an A+, i think itd rpetty obsurd that you have Miami as an a+ and then you dont have the celtics. Doesn't make sense to me
Heat hav been in the league for around alitle more than 20 years have made Post season like 75% of the time and won a ring in top of it in the SALRY CAP era ( someting that had existed wouldahve avoided the 60s celtics spree)

Celtics have been barely relevant since 1986 until 2006 thats 20 years of first roudn exists and general sucking.

magichatnumber9
03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Hellcrooner the post is historical not recent. So all your doing is contradicting your own post. Celtics A++. Get over it. Your the one that said Historical. How many championships did the celtics win in a row?

Hellcrooner
03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Hellcrooner the post is historical not recent. So all your doing is contradicting your own post. Celtics A++. Get over it. Your the one that said Historical. How many championships did the celtics win in a row?

i would say 20 non playoffs years out of 70 posibilities is reallyy a BAD stat HISTORICALLY.

if you had like 2 rings you would get a C+ but i respect your rings and thats what gets you that Rating.

Im trying to be balanced ive given bad grades to teams i like for example Knicks or Warriors and good grades to teams i dont like for example the Magic.

And i dont want the thread to become in a Lakers vs Celtics thread.

JiffyMix88
03-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Heat hav been in the league for around alitle more than 20 years have made Post season like 75% of the time and won a ring in top of it in the SALRY CAP era ( someting that had existed wouldahve avoided the 60s celtics spree)

Celtics have been barely relevant since 1986 until 2006 thats 20 years of first roudn exists and general sucking.

yeah but there was also 20 years of dominating and by ur definition had the celtics just went to the playoffs regaurdless if they were first round exits or not they would be a A+? :confused:

G-Funk
03-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Celts - still have the most titles. Still have the most HOF'ers. Still generated the most coaches and GM's.

Lakers have the most HOF'ers Numbers retired who are under top 50 greatest of All-time.