PDA

View Full Version : How is Anthony Morrow overall, and what's his future gonna be like?

Meth
03-03-2010, 04:03 AM
What do you guys think of Anthony Morrow, and what do you think his future will be like in the NBA?

I'm not a Warriors fan, but this kid is amazing. Undrafted, straight outta D-League to Golden State. He also led the 3pt% last season. He's a lights-out shooter from almost anywhere. I'm noticing that he doesn't take much shots in the beginning of the season, but he's getting the ball more now (due to the absence of players). I'm pretty sure he's on a shooting slump right now, knowing the fact that he's shooting a lower percentage than usual. Nevertheless, stats don't lie, and if you watch him, he's one of the "best" shooters in the NBA (my opinion).

I'm guessing he would fit in a team that has a great PG, that'll give him more open-looks. Golden State doesn't seem to let him do that.. often.

So.. yeah.
My bad, for the title.

Tommyh1331
03-03-2010, 04:26 AM
I think in the right situation he would be pretty darn good, which don't get me wrong is already good.

SirCarlton
03-03-2010, 04:35 AM
he could at this point be a poor man's ray allen..but if he really works at it could get over that hump...still not allen in his prime though

tredigs
03-03-2010, 04:38 AM
If he works on his post game and dribble penetration (which he has improved throughout this season alone pretty dramatically from being a pure spot up shooter), then he will have a VERY bright future. He is one of the best pure shooters I have ever seen, period. That's including Reggie Miller and Ray Allen. The kids shot is amazing.

As he matures and grows more comfortable with a more demanding roll, and continues to grow stronger physically to help his post game, he is going to be a real force in the league and a huge asset to a contender at some point.

Meth
03-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I can see this kid has potential. He just needs to work on his post-game, IQ, and dribble penetration. He's more of an explosive player off the bench. Better yet, 6th man.

asandhu23
03-03-2010, 04:46 AM
he's an amazing player... but then again I am a Warriors fan, what do I know?

ldc62
03-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Warriors thread.

TheKing23
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Better than Mike James... Only kidding

GSW Hoops
03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Warriors thread.

So every topic about any player should be moved to his team's forum? The thread creator wants a GENERAL look at Morrow, not just an opinion from W's fans.

As for Morrow, he's a lights out shooter who can get his shot off in a hurry. He's long and moves without the ball well, almost reminds me of Reggie Miller. Can't say how his defense is because, well, his team doesn't play any ;-)

td0tsfinest
03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Haven't seen a lot of him. I know he's a good 3pt shooter. I really don't see him as a starter in this league but more of a spark plug of the bench.

Kakaroach
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
He is a solid shooter but thats about it. He would be good anywhere because of his shooting ability.

MrPaulD
03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Throw him on a team like Phoenix, with Steve Nash at the point, and this guy would get tons of open looks from beyond the arc. I could see his average PPG bump up 5 or 6 points just from all the easy looks.

MJ-BULLS
03-03-2010, 01:13 PM
He is a solid shooter but thats about it. He would be good anywhere because of his shooting ability.

this.

He is truly a great shooter and yes he will fit with any team in the NBA because of his shooting abilities.

CB4AB7VC15
03-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Roger mason jr 2.0.

IndyRealist
03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Not a single post about the pace the Warriors play at or being a good player on a losing team? Kid must be good.

asandhu23
03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Not a single post about the pace the Warriors play at or being a good player on a losing team? Kid must be good.

uh yes he is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMEoGoTMWo

Bob_at_york
03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't think he will ever be a 20 ppg scorer but he is a good solid shooter/scorer. I have a good question, how much do the Warriors pay this offseason in order to keep Morrow?

tredigs
03-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't think he will ever be a 20 ppg scorer but he is a good solid shooter/scorer. I have a good question, how much do the Warriors pay this offseason in order to keep Morrow?

He's better than a "good solid" shooter, man. I have watched basketball all my life, and he is possibly the best three point shooter I have ever seen.

You could put him up against Miller, Nash, Bird, Jesus Shuttlesworth... any of them in their prime, and he might be the one that stood out as the best 3 baller. As the rest of his game continues to develop, 20ppg in an offense not bogging down all the other players other than Monta Ellis will be nothing for this guy.

I just pray that Ellison buys out the team so that Nelson will be a thing of the past, because I'm worried about any young player who has to develop under that monstrosity.

td0tsfinest
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
He's better than a "good solid" shooter, man. I have watched basketball all my life, and he is possibly the best three point shooter I have ever seen.

You could put him up against Miller, Nash, Bird, Jesus Shuttlesworth... any of them in their prime, and he might be the one that stood out as the best 3 baller. As the rest of his game continues to develop, 20ppg in an offense not bogging down all the other players other than Monta Ellis will be nothing for this guy.

I just pray that Ellison buys out the team so that Nelson will be a thing of the past, because I'm worried about any young player who has to develop under that monstrosity.

That's a real bold statement my friend. Many will disagree with you.

tredigs
03-03-2010, 09:46 PM
That's a real bold statement my friend. Many will disagree with you.

Ahah true true, but it's an opinion. I have no problem with people disagreeing with it. And they might be right, Morrow still has a careers worth of play to prove himself to be at their level of shooting overall.

But he's off to a good start -- led the league in 3p% last year at 46.7% (1.3/2.7) [Reggie and Ray Allen never reached those types of numbers once in their career, and this was Morrow's rookie season... and is right up there again this year shooting 44% at 2+ makes a game. His FT shooting hovers around 90% to boot. I have a feeling he'll be one of the guys that future generations will look to when comparing the best pure shooter of their time, like we do with Reggie now.

I watch the kid every night, and something about his motivation level just tells me that he won't be a disappointment.

td0tsfinest
03-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Ahah true true, but it's an opinion. I have no problem with people disagreeing with it. And they might be right, Morrow still has a careers worth of play to prove himself to be at their level of shooting overall.

But he's off to a good start -- led the league in 3p% last year at 46.7% (1.3/2.7) [Reggie and Ray Allen never reached those types of numbers once in their career, and this was Morrow's rookie season... and is right up there again this year shooting 44% at 2+ makes a game. His FT shooting hovers around 90% to boot. I have a feeling he'll be one of the guys that future generations will look to when comparing the best pure shooter of their time, like we do with Reggie now.

I watch the kid every night, and something about his motivation level just tells me that he won't be a disappointment.

He's good no doubt and with the way he's playing you definitely have to scratch your head as to why this kid went undrafted.

But I'm not completely sold on him yet to be a 20 ppg type of guy. I'm a big non-believer in Don Nelson's system, so I would really like to see this kid play in a system other than GS.

MrFastBreak
03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, hes a prolific 3 PT shooter and has shown that hes the type of player who can put PTS on the board. Looking beyond that, there isnt a great deal to speak of about his game

KG2TB
03-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I really like him. Great shooter and can put points up. If he improved his defense and be somewhat of a lock down defender, he'd be a top 10-15 SG IMO

Meth
03-04-2010, 01:49 AM
I agree with some all your opinions.

Overall, I think he's just a shooter, with years to develope.

Teams usually don't get very good trade values from shooters because they are just a "shooter", nothing else. But Morrow is one of the "best" I should say, at draining shots. In conclusion, I would say he has potential to be a great player with years to come, and he would be deadly playing with an elite point guard.

tredigs
03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm rehashing this old thread because, well, why not.

Hollywood Paroxyism http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2010/03/09/lion-facelemon-face-03-09-2010-the-knicks-played-defense-edition/ (if you don't read this site, you need to start. It's awesome on all levels) mentioned his game against the Hornets last night with a few choice words that had me laughing a little. I obviously couldn't agree more.

Lion Face: Anthony Morrow
This guy is the best outside shooter in the NBA. It’s not Ray Allen. It’s not Steve Nash. It’s not Paul Pierce much to his chagrin. It’s not even Dirk Nowitzki who I’d bet my life on making the next jumper. It’s Anthony Morrow. We all remember the tale of his existence. He’s pure like snow. He’s pure like virgin snow. I can’t believe his jumper is not butter. He had 28 points in an OK Corral-level shootout with the Hornets Monday night. It came on 11/13 shooting with 6/6 from deep. 16 of his points and four of his threes came in the fourth quarter. He was a perfect 7/7 from the field in the second half and helped lead the Warriors in a second half shooting display of making 28 of their 40 attempts. Anthony Morrow made everything look effortless and if the defense hadn’t clung to his jersey on the final possessions, he probably would have won the game.