PDA

View Full Version : Nic Batum.. Learn that name!

Red Hot Rolllin
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
The Frenchman is developing FAST and he is starting to get big minutes look out :clap:

Michael Cooper Scottie Pippen glue player has HUGE upside. Could be Pritchard's best find yet, getting Batum for basically Arthur rivals the Roy for Foye and Rudy for cash finds.

ko8e24
03-02-2010, 06:32 PM
and a thread title like this is an example I was talking about in the "Goran Dragic?" title thread.

What are you trying to imply with the "learn that name!" and the "..."

Are we gonna take an exam or something? :confused:

PS to the PSDers here on NBA: I apologize for being such a dick today about title threads, lol

RaptorizedKevin
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
its only been a strech of games. lets not get ahead of our selves.

jimbobjarree
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
beast

DerekRE_3
03-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I agree.

thescore53
03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
how about andray blatche hes been beastin

GCOOKIE7
03-02-2010, 06:47 PM
What's Nic Batum? Sounds like an ethnic dish of sorts.

astrosmaniac
03-02-2010, 06:47 PM
hell be a good role guy but i dont ever see him being more than a 4th option on a good team.

and it wasnt just arthur. it was what ended up being, arthur, dante green and joey dorsey. those players in turn have helped the rockets get artest and martin, so it wasnt that great a trade. batum is easily the best player there, but its certainly no where near roy for foye

jimbobjarree
03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
how about andray blatche hes been beastin

beast

I do believe he has his own beast thread though

MJ-BULLS
03-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I haven't seen that much of him, but I do know that he is a good defensive player.

White Magic
03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree,I actually liked this kid a year ago,sky,s the limit this kid can be a future all-star.However lets not over praise Pritchard remember he chose Oden over Durant.

BALLER71
03-02-2010, 07:17 PM
and a thread title like this is an example I was talking about in the "Goran Dragic?" title thread.

What are you trying to imply with the "learn that name!" and the "..."

Are we gonna take an exam or something? :confused:

PS to the PSDers here on NBA: I apologize for being such a dick today about title threads, lol

Fail attempt at a joke.

ldc62
03-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I already knew about this kid when he was in Europe...

MrFastBreak
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Hes been a BEAST, now lets see how long he can maintain this level of play

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 07:56 PM
yeah hes good i like him

Red Hot Rolllin
03-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Smooth as Euro Wine Baby!! Blazers are dangerous

Red Hot Rolllin
03-02-2010, 08:04 PM
hell be a good role guy but i dont ever see him being more than a 4th option on a good team.

and it wasnt just arthur. it was what ended up being, arthur, dante green and joey dorsey. those players in turn have helped the rockets get artest and martin, so it wasnt that great a trade. batum is easily the best player there, but its certainly no where near roy for foye

all true statements.... but in my opinion Batum will be an All Star before Aldridge and if he keeps shooting 44% from 3 land he will be a force from here on out with Outlaw and now Martel out of his way.

Trouble87
03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I read the title and honestly I forgot the kids name already....

Hellcrooner
03-02-2010, 08:14 PM
He can be a perpetual first defensive team selection and if he develops a consistent offensive game he can be an allstar.

But you dont want my opinion since im euro bieased,,,,,,,

td0tsfinest
03-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm a big fan of Batums'. Coming into last years' draft people were speculating the possibility of him going in the lottery. And I'm not surprised. The kid has a good head on his shoulders. Physically, he's big, atheltic and has a long wingspan. He's a very good defender but offense still needs some work.

But this kid is young and he's got a lot of time to work on it.

RaiderLakersA's
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
And his nickname will be "Master"?

astrosmaniac
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
all true statements.... but in my opinion Batum will be an All Star before Aldridge and if he keeps shooting 44% from 3 land he will be a force from here on out with Outlaw and now Martel out of his way.

i mean i could see him being a slightly different version of shane battier. not quite as good defensively, but much more of an offensive threat. if morey had not been able to use the pieces we got in return for guys such as artest and martin, then id be mad as a rockets fan

Red Hot Rolllin
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
i mean i could see him being a slightly different version of shane battier. not quite as good defensively, but much more of an offensive threat. if morey had not been able to use the pieces we got in return for guys such as artest and martin, then id be mad as a rockets fan

I see Pippen but yeah Battier is good example but its Batum's growth on the offensive end. Came into the league at 19 and started 76 games then missed 45 games this year, well he is back and more aggressive with the ball. IQ is advanced for his age I see great things ahead for the French Fry if he continues his aggresiveness like when tore up Brewer the other night.

Red Hot Rolllin
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I read the title and honestly I forgot the kids name already....

Well at least you admit it.. Its Nic Batum sucka;)

Chacarron
03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
What's Nic Batum? Sounds like an ethnic dish of sorts.

Man, you are on a roll with these jokes. I like it :clap:

Chronz
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Thats why I was pissed when I heard we gave up Camby and didnt even get Batum. At the least hes the next Battier

Chronz
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
He can be a perpetual first defensive team selection and if he develops a consistent offensive game he can be an allstar.

Its a shame the NBA doesnt award great defenders

IAmKira
03-02-2010, 11:41 PM

stick to watching soccer then. How the hell are u gonna say he can be a first defensive team selection over battier, artest, LEBRON!? Him an all star?! Maybe in 5 years if he improves like danny grangers :facepalm:

VRP723
03-03-2010, 01:56 AM
And his nickname will be "Master"?

:laugh2:

Hellcrooner
03-03-2010, 03:36 AM
stick to watching soccer then. How the hell are u gonna say he can be a first defensive team selection over battier, artest, LEBRON!? Him an all star?! Maybe in 5 years if he improves like danny grangers :facepalm:
Because he has all the tools to be a beter defensive player than alof them except maybe for Lebron in 2 /3 years?=

abe_froman
03-03-2010, 03:48 AM
oh,i loved him since coming out in the draft a few years ago.def going to be a lock down guy

asandhu23
03-03-2010, 03:50 AM
UH........ Batum Who? :confused:

Meth
03-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Wow at your sig, Asandhu23, not at the girl, but this:
Look at his initials: Monta Ellis. It's all about ME in his mind.

Red Hot Rolllin
03-03-2010, 02:31 PM
UH........ Batum Who? :confused:

Nic:clap:

Red Hot Rolllin
03-03-2010, 06:53 PM

Well he has Danny Granger on the schedule tonight... lets see if he can shut him down, but would really be impressive if he also outscores him. If he gets over 33 minutes he just might.

Batum has all the tools and he produces without having a single play called for him.

He got huge confidence boost when the French National team featured him last Summer. Batum is on a fast track to stardom IMO. Time will tell, but the time is now for him if he just gets minutes.

One of the tools he has that many NBA players do not have... is SMARTS. His basketball IQ is so advanced that Nate visualizes Batum initiating the offense soon ala point forward Pippen. We miss Oden now but we really missed Nic too this year. Good to see Nic back on the fast track!!