PDA

View Full Version : Goran Dragic?

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Us suns fans are pretty excited about the kids development. i just want to know if non suns fans even know who he is, and if they do what do they think about him

DaBUU
03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Us Bulls fans know who he is, we all met him the night he was teabag'd by DRose. He seemed really good at getting posterized, I'll give you that.

bigsams50
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Us Bulls fans know who he is, we all met him the night he was teabagged by DRose. He seemed really good at getting posterized, I'll give you that.

And bulls fans wonder why every hates Rose. Its because of ignorant posts like this

DaBUU
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
And bulls fans wonder why every hates Rose. Its because of ignorant posts like this

jeebus dude, get a sense of humor :p

ko8e24
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Like the title of the thread, how original :rolleyes:

What's up with these thread titles nowadays

Player's name (followed by question mark)

Team's name (followed by question mark)

There is Spurs? Title in the NBA forum, and I think yesterday, I saw a: "Marcus Thornton?" title.

wtf?

COme up with better titles to indicate what you're trying to say.

For example, this would be a good title:

The Development of Goran Dragic and his Future with the Suns

Now that's a good title for the thread you're trying to make AI4MVP

bigsams50
03-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Sorry, its just i get tired of seeing ROse Rose Rose on the NBA forum every day lol. Trolls are gettin to me lol

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
hahah ok can someone discuss the actualy thread lol!

Nighthawk
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM

There is Spurs? Title in the NBA forum, and I think yesterday, I saw a: "Marcus Thornton?" title.

wtf?

ive never seen anyone complain about thread titles... How anal..

DaBUU
03-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Us suns fans are pretty excited about the kids development. i just want to know if non suns fans even know who he is, and if they do what do they think about him

sorry i mentioned he got dunked on by D****. When i watched him play he seemed like jus another guy. Do Suns fans really think he's able to step up and replace Nash soon? He really didnt stand out to me, then again i really wasnt paying attention to him.

billy17
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Dragic is legit, love watchin him play. Seems like hes improving in every area. Hopefully he continues to take advantage of learning from the best at what he wants to be.

So how do you like Tyreke?

ko8e24
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
hahah ok can someone discuss the actualy thread lol!

Sorry bro, just giving you some advice.

Now, about the actual topic, what I've seen from Dragic, I've been very impressed. I think he leads a system well, he has a very good b-ball IQ, and all he has to do is work on his game and understand better the strengths and weaknesses of his teammates for him to become a more potent point guard distributor in the SUns offense. He's very fundamentally sound and I think he has a bright future in store.

clutchski
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I agree with ko8e24 though, the thread titles have been ******** recently.

As for Goran, I think everyone knows who he is..and when I've seen him play he's been solid. I didn't know though that Suns fans are really excited about his improvement.

thescore53
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
see im not a homer and watch all other teams. he reminds me of calderon but better defense(anyone has better defense then cald) but what intrigues me is his playmaking and shot

hes really improved his jumpshot i watched him just explode against the jazz from deep

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
hes an almost automatic three point shoooter. hes fasssst as hell. regardless of rose putting it in his butt that one time, hes actually very athletic. hes starting to make some nash-like passes and has had a couple big assist number nights. to me hes a point guard version of a prime manu ginobli

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I've seen him a couple times, and everytime I see him he plays well. He could drive, pass, and shoot, from what I've seen, and he's also really fast. I'm not sure if he can carry the team once Nash is gone, but we'll see.

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Us Bulls fans know who he is, we all met him the night he was teabag'd by DRose. He seemed really good at getting posterized, I'll give you that.

:facepalm:

damn...I never knew how annoying Bulls fans can be until I started goin on this site...they're on the Lakers fans level now...You guys have officially made he dislike D-rose, like the Lakers fans have made me dislike Kobe.

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
He seems good. I have not seen him play enough. I'm sure it is unfair to compare him to Nash.

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
He seems good. I have not seen him play enough. I'm sure it is unfair to compare him to Nash.

its definetly unfair to compare him to nash, but if u watch him play u can see that hes learned alot from him already

but in some matchups, the suns are better off with dragic then nash becuz of goran dragics defense, for example lastnight against chancey billups. the suns were down by 10 after the first quarter, dragic played the whole 2nd quarter in place of nash and the suns won that quarter 33-11..33-11!!!

alencp3
03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah i know him.He is slovenian and played pretty good basketball in Unicaja. And yeah , he is better shooter than Rose.

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah i know him.He is slovenian and played pretty good basketball in Unicaja. And yeah , he is better shooter than Rose.

true. but hes a better shooter then alot of players. lol bulls fans are gunna get mad that u singled rose out

king4day
03-02-2010, 05:24 PM

The little Slovenian did what a lot of players wouldn't have done and went up to challenge him. That was a fast break that shoulda been a simple dunk. Dragic stayed with him.
We all know it was a poster, and you guys can enjoy it.

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
i think dragic is still learning the nba game(having come from europe) and its now showing in his game. He has the skills and talent to play with the other young up and coming point guards in the nba(rondo, rose), but is just gaining his confidence and learning how to use his skills to his advantage. whenever he plays with confidence, he looks like a star. in his first start this season, he played head to head against Russell Westbrook and he scored 16 and dished out 10 assists leading his team to victory WITHOUT steve nash.

his minutes per game are ALOT less then other young point guards, but if something were happen long term to nash this season and he needs to sit out, Goran Dragic would have an impact similar to what Darren Collison is with the hornets in CP3's absence

king4day
03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I forget where I read it, but he was considered the 2nd best PG to come out of last years draft. Obviosuly there's plenty better, but they saw the talent he could develop and bring to the NBA.
Teams didn't want to draft him because he was still tied into his team (TAU Ceramica) overseas for another year.

The Pistons, I believe it was, had wanted to draft him, so the Suns made the trade with San Antonio to get him.

And he can dunk :D

It's probably too late for him to have a real shot at getting it, but I'd like to see him get a few votes for the 'most improved player' award.

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I forget where I read it, but he was considered the 2nd best PG to come out of last years draft. Obviosuly there's plenty better, but they saw the talent he could develop and bring to the NBA.
Teams didn't want to draft him because he was still tied into his team (TAU Ceramica) overseas for another year.

The Pistons, I believe it was, had wanted to draft him, so the Suns made the trade with San Antonio to get him.

And he can dunk

It's probably too late for him to have a real shot at getting it, but I'd like to see him get a few votes for the 'most improved player' award.

i also heard somewhere that if Robin Lopez wasnt available at 15 that the suns would have chosen Goran Dragic there

thescore53
03-02-2010, 05:41 PM

damn...I never knew how annoying Bulls fans can be until I started goin on this site...they're on the Lakers fans level now...You guys have officially made he dislike D-rose, like the Lakers fans have made me dislike Kobe.

wait until they start being a consistent winning team like the lakers this site may have to be shut down

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:43 PM
and he played against ricky rubio(who i absolutely love) and made him his *****

thescore53
03-02-2010, 05:43 PM
its definetly unfair to compare him to nash, but if u watch him play u can see that hes learned alot from him already

but in some matchups, the suns are better off with dragic then nash becuz of goran dragics defense, for example lastnight against chancey billups. the suns were down by 10 after the first quarter, dragic played the whole 2nd quarter in place of nash and the suns won that quarter 33-11..33-11!!!

33-11 wow what a choke job

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
yeah dragic almost had more points then the nuggets did. he had 10 in the quarter, nuggs had 11

PHX2daDEATH
03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
If I were Amare I sign an extension with Phoenix just because Goran Dragic

SlaterRaps
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
He seems to have learned to dish it like Nash
not as amazing but when i do catch him play you see he has learned to distribute well
scoring is not as refined as Nash from what ive seen
i think if he can work on scoring now he could be a pretty good point guard

Jay_Dub
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
see im not a homer and watch all other teams. he reminds me of calderon but better defense(anyone has better defense then cald) but what intrigues me is his playmaking and shot

hes really improved his jumpshot i watched him just explode against the jazz from deep

I agree with you on the fact that he reminds me of calderon ... but dragic is A LOT faster! Calderon is quick to the hoop but dragic is much better in the open floor.

This isn't to say Dragic is better than Calderon yet ... but he's got a bright future, especially in that system.

DaBUU
03-02-2010, 05:58 PM
The little Slovenian did what a lot of players wouldn't have done and went up to challenge him. That was a fast break that shoulda been a simple dunk. Dragic stayed with him.
We all know it was a poster, and you guys can enjoy it.

Attention! I was joking, I repeat I was joking! Cuz everyone gets their panties bunched whenever D**** is mentioned. My god people. The joke was also on topic cuz thats the only reason I know who he is. From the sounds of it hes a nice young player.

king4day
03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Attention! I was joking, I repeat I was joking! Cuz everyone gets their panties bunched whenever D**** is mentioned. My god people. The joke was also on topic cuz thats the only reason I know who he is. From the sounds of it hes a nice young player.

I didn't think what I said was acting offended.
Granted, what you said didn't appear like you were joking. But in reading further posts, I knew you were level.

DaBUU
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I didn't think what I said was acting offended.
Granted, what you said didn't appear like you were joking. But in reading further posts, I knew you were level.

we're cool :hi5:

king4day
03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
we're cool :hi5:

It was a sweet dunk. I saw bulls fan has it as their sig actually.

thescore53
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree with you on the fact that he reminds me of calderon ... but dragic is A LOT faster! Calderon is quick to the hoop but dragic is much better in the open floor.

This isn't to say Dragic is better than Calderon yet ... but he's got a bright future, especially in that system.

faster and better defender

STAT1
03-02-2010, 06:16 PM

wtf?

Sounds like a essay title.

ko8e24
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a essay title.

Better than the sound of uncertainty :eyebrow:

Goran Dragic?

Like someone unsure about his existence or someone unsure on how to pronounce his name. It's just weird you know?

The thread and what the OP is trying to say is probably something very interesting, but when you go on the NBA forum webpage and see that title, you tend to just overlook it because it sounds like some homer trying to gloat about a player's performance in a certain game or something of that nature. You see what I'm saying?

So it could be a very interesting topic, but some people will get the wrong idea and will overlook the thread and they lose the chance of having to engage in a certain discussion about a certain topic.

tredigs
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
He does look like a pretty clean player, and has the potential to be a real nice backup.

But just off the top of my head, I can think of about 10 YOUNG PG's who already have the edge on him.

Guys like Rondo, westbrook, D. Rose, Tyreke Evans, Steph Curry, Darren Collison, Aaron Brooks, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Jennings, Kyle Lowry, and Rodney Stuckey all are in better situations than him, and all have more talent.

Not to mention the more veteran guys like Felton, Deron Williams, Cp3, Tony Parker, and Jameer Nelson who are all still in their mid 20's.

I'm probably leaving some out, too. It's just an insanely contested position at this point, but good luck to him. He's got a hell of a mentor.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-02-2010, 06:42 PM
ive never seen anyone complain about thread titles... How anal..

:eyebrow:

billy17
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Seems like just yesterday it was tough to even find a backup PG, now there are stars all over.

I will again say that I think Dragic is legit, Similar to a Beno Udrih. But I dont agree with the Manu comparison, I think on page 1. Manu attacks and flops and flails and is aggressive beyond aggressive, where Dragic is kind of taking on that Nash mentality

Kakaroach
03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Dragic is the best Slovenian player to ever play in the NBA. What a balla.

AI4MVP
03-02-2010, 07:45 PM
He does look like a pretty clean player, and has the potential to be a real nice backup.

But just off the top of my head, I can think of about 10 YOUNG PG's who already have the edge on him.

Guys like Rondo, westbrook, D. Rose, Tyreke Evans, Steph Curry, Darren Collison, Aaron Brooks, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Jennings, Kyle Lowry, and Rodney Stuckey all are in better situations than him, and all have more talent.

Not to mention the more veteran guys like Felton, Deron Williams, Cp3, Tony Parker, and Jameer Nelson who are all still in their mid 20's.

I'm probably leaving some out, too. It's just an insanely contested position at this point, but good luck to him. He's got a hell of a mentor.

i think dragic has more talent then the bolded ones. the other ones i wont comment on becuz its too early

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2010, 07:55 PM
wait until they start being a consistent winning team like the lakers this site may have to be shut down

yea I know huh? I might have to just resort to using the NFL forum/threads only...

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2010, 07:56 PM
i think dragic has more talent then the bolded ones. the other ones i wont comment on becuz its too early

Definately Maynor and Lowry...I don't know about Stuckey though...this year he's proven to be really good. He's averagin like 18 ppg

Duncan = Donkey
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Dont rate Stuckey at all, he's just an inefficient scoring PG.

Duncan = Donkey
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Dragic has alot of potential and he in improving every game. He can shoot, Pass, Play D and he's athletic.

I just hope people dont start building him up as the next big thing and all that, and then he becomes hated on this site.

tredigs
03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Definately Maynor and Lowry...I don't know about Stuckey though...this year he's proven to be really good. He's averagin like 18 ppg

How do you figure "definitely" over Maynor and Lowry? I'd rather have both than Dragic, and see it as a wash at best at this point. Stucky might not be too efficient right now, but he's a MUCH brighter talent imo.

Duncan = Donkey
03-02-2010, 08:16 PM
i dont see it with stuckey, his always going to a scoring PG who will shoot a low % and will play bad defense. His scoring numbers may look nice but he's not going to help your team win.

td0tsfinest
03-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll be honest. Last year, when I seen this kid play, the first thought in my mind was the suns really couldn't depend on this kid to back up Nash. But he's really come into his own.

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
How do you figure "definitely" over Maynor and Lowry? I'd rather have both than Dragic, and see it as a wash at best at this point. Stucky might not be too efficient right now, but he's a MUCH brighter talent imo.

Because none of them have shown flashes to be really good players in the future...Dragic has backed up Nash very well, and has put up good #s when Nash doesnt play. While Lowry has been a backup for a long time now on 2 teams, and Maynor was traded as a rookie during mid-season....that's how I figure.

And also, I said Stuckey was a brighter talent...read my comments properly.

kozelkid
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM

Just because you only watch your team, doesn't make you a homer.
Anywho, I've seen a little of him. Can't say he wowed me in anyway. Seems like an average role playing pg.

blastmasta26
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I haven't really seen the Suns play much, but I've seen Dragic make some nice moves on the break. I noticed his speed and his handles, but didn't really see anything else in him.

Kakaroach
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Dragic is the best Slovenian evar. He has shown glimpses of elite play, but now he has to make that consistent.

Chacarron
03-02-2010, 10:16 PM
When Nash retires, Rose and Westbrook better watch out because Dragic has as much potential as both of them. Some may make fun of this but we'll have to wait to find out: Dragic will be better than Rose or Westbrook or both by the time he gets a full-time job at PG.

PHX2daDEATH
03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Nobody here has mentioned his size.. how many 6'4 point guards are out there

thapharcyd
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Dragic shows flashes of genius and sometimes pure stupidity. That comes with being a young player. Next year he should be legit. Suns really don't need Barbosa anymore as Dragic also plays well at the 2.

tredigs
03-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Because none of them have shown flashes to be really good players in the future...Dragic has backed up Nash very well, and has put up good #s when Nash doesnt play. While Lowry has been a backup for a long time now on 2 teams, and Maynor was traded as a rookie during mid-season....that's how I figure.

And also, I said Stuckey was a brighter talent...read my comments properly.
Easy there Douche McGee, the reason I hit on the Stuckey bit was because you wrote "I don't know if", not exactly a definitive statement there.

Maynor and Lowry both show flashes of being at least the caliber of Dragic. Just check their game logs, or better yet watch their games. And Lowry having been a backup a "long time now" doesn't exactly help your case with Dragic, who is his same age and his second year has never started a game that wasn't a direct result of injury; and this won't change in any forseeable future.

You should also read more into the Maynor trade, that was NOT a player they wanted to give up, it's just the only way they were going to get rid of harpring's horrible contract. The Thunder were willing to take it because he's a great talent. That kid is a VERY promising point guard. There's a reason why Lowry and Maynor went in the first round, while Dragic was a middle 2nd rounder. It's because they showed more promise, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that yet. All of 'em have a good deal of talent though, we'll just have to see.

Nobody here has mentioned his size.. how many 6'4 point guards are out there

He's 6'3" ... and honestly in reality looks closer to 6'1" or 6'2".

tp13baby
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM

you get *** hurt when someone talks about your boy rose.

tp13baby
03-03-2010, 12:16 AM
dragic killed denver last night he looked really good

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Easy there Douche McGee, the reason I hit on the Stuckey bit was because you wrote "I don't know if", not exactly a definitive statement there.

Maynor and Lowry both show flashes of being at least the caliber of Dragic. Just check their game logs, or better yet watch their games. And Lowry having been a backup a "long time now" doesn't exactly help your case with Dragic, who is his same age and his second year has never started a game that wasn't a direct result of injury; and this won't change in any forseeable future.

You should also read more into the Maynor trade, that was NOT a player they wanted to give up, it's just the only way they were going to get rid of harpring's horrible contract. The Thunder were willing to take it because he's a great talent. That kid is a VERY promising point guard. There's a reason why Lowry and Maynor went in the first round, while Dragic was a middle 2nd rounder. It's because they showed more promise, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that yet. All of 'em have a good deal of talent though, we'll just have to see.

lol, thats just flat out wrong. Dragic was viewed my some scouts as the 2nd best PG talent in the draft. The reason we went 2nd round had something to do with his buyout from TAU Ceramica.

and no way dragic is only 6'1 or 6'2. he is easily 6'4.

AI4MVP
03-03-2010, 01:10 AM
there isnt alot that dragic cant do as a point guard. the only knock i had on him was that i was so spoiled with nash's passing, that i was scared dragic wouldnt be nearly as great as he is, but dragic has been proving me wrong and delivering some eye popping, nash like passes

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 01:24 AM
If I were Amare I sign an extension with Phoenix just because Goran Dragic

Really? did you just say that amare stays for Dragic? No, Amare isnt staying... nhe might stay and just sit on that 17 million. that would really screw you guys

krest213
03-03-2010, 01:31 AM

wtf?

shut da fck up lol. in here trying to be precise with your stuff in all. you are right though

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 01:34 AM

Come on hes not better than Stuckey. Stuckey has been in the playoffs and produced. Stuckey has proven to be a consistent player who produces, he passes, rebounds, and has good D. Stuckey is the better between the two.

Shady66
03-03-2010, 01:39 AM
I love it a Goran Dragic thread in the NBA forum :clap:
Hes impressed me soo much this year, hes using his athletisism so much more this year, last year he looked slow, but this year hes amazing. Dude can jump too. His shot looks real nice, hes very creative and a very good defender. His passing has improved soo much recently. Averaging like 6 assists per game last 6 or so. I am very happy, and I think hes a future borderline all star. Prove me wrong Goran and become a star!

If you want to know Gorans strengths, ask Jazz fans ;) scored 25 on them in the first half!

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Stuckey plays good D??? thats news to me.

AI4MVP
03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Come on hes not better than Stuckey. Stuckey has been in the playoffs and produced. Stuckey has proven to be a consistent player who produces, he passes, rebounds, and has good D. Stuckey is the better between the two.

maybe stuckey is a better player right now, but dragic is a better point down the line

better shot, better passer, he faster, better defense.

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 01:43 AM
maybe stuckey is a better player, but dragic is a better point

Stuckey is a better scorer thats it. His passing has always below average, although his passing has improved this year.

Dragic better point, better shooter, better defender.
Stuckey better scorer

tredigs
03-03-2010, 01:49 AM
lol, thats just flat out wrong. Dragic was viewed my some scouts as the 2nd best PG talent in the draft. The reason we went 2nd round had something to do with his buyout from TAU Ceramica.

and no way dragic is only 6'1 or 6'2. he is easily 6'4.

So his draft logs, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, and the Phoenix Suns website must all be wrong in saying he's 6'3"? My bad, you're right.

[Not to mention it's not exactly a secret that most heights are embellished these days] The dude doesn't play big, either. He does many things well, but to say he is some large PG who can get up over the top of the crowd is just not happening. Move on from that point.

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Stuckey plays good D??? thats news to me.

Yes, he is a good on the ball defender who can guard the two and the one given his versatility, he averages a one and a half steals a game.

maybe stuckey is a better player right now, but dragic is a better point down the line

better shot, better passer, he faster, better defense.

Yes, dragic is a pure point... no argument there, yes better shot, clearly a better passer, idk about speed. But i think Stuckey plays better D. Dragic has a lot more upside that people havent seen though. I would consider Stuckey better now because he has played more. But Dragic will put up bigger numbers when Nash's time is gone. That will be a sad day though... love watching him play its art.

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Well others say 6'4, like all the Draft sites (draftexpress,nbadraft.net) .
What i will say though he is closer to 6'4 than he is to 6'2

Shady66
03-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Yes, he is a good on the ball defender who can guard the two and the one given his versatility, he averages a one and a half steals a game.

Steals dont make you a good defender.

Yes, dragic is a pure point... no argument there, yes better shot, clearly a better passer, idk about speed. But i think Stuckey plays better D. Dragic has a lot more upside that people havent seen though. I would consider Stuckey better now because he has played more. But Dragic will put up bigger numbers when Nash's time is gone. That will be a sad day though... love watching him play its art.

In terms of athletisism, stuckey can jump higher, but dragic is a bit quicker. Stuckey is no doubt better now. If he can get his post up game good then he will be very good. Too me, hes more of a SG though.

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 01:56 AM
i always thought Stuckey was just good at getting in the passing lanes and generating steals, Never thought or viewed him as good on ball defender, he's never shown me that he is whilst i have watched him.

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Stuckey is the better player, no doubt about that. But I think Dragic has the tools and potential to be the better PG

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 02:02 AM
yeah. Stuckey isnt a true point but he fills the void and Detroit believed in him enough to give up Chauncey. No doubt that Dragic has a big ceiling though.

Bashna
03-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Dragic will never be Nash, but i could see him cracking top 10 PG's in the league once nash retires.

Shady66
03-03-2010, 02:09 AM
One more thing, I hes developed sooooo much since last year, I know confidence is a factor, but last year whenever he was coming on, i wasnt here but im pretty sure everybody was scared because to be honest, he was crap last year. Now we get excited when he comes in the game

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Yeah, Stuckey isnt a pure point, but he fills a void and the pistons believed in him enough to trade Chauncey. Dragic has a huge ceiling though,there's no denying that... plus hes learning from an all time great.

Duncan = Donkey
03-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Top 10??? that'd be very tough to crack.

Paul, Deron, Westbrook, Rose, Rondo, Brooks, Jennings, Wall,

There the top young PG's i can think of (im sure ive missed some)

Top 10 maybe, Top 15 for sure

braveniler58
03-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Really? did you just say that amare stays for Dragic? No, Amare isnt staying... nhe might stay and just sit on that 17 million. that would really screw you guys

Screw us over? No, that won't. If Amar'e opts in, then we'll have the core together for another year. Yeah, Nash will be older, but he's not going to suck. All of our young talent (Dudley, Dragic, Lopez, Clark, Frye, etc) will be a year older. We'll be an even better team.

Then, that summer, both Amar'e and J-Rich's contracts expire. That's a shitload of cash off the books.

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 02:15 AM
its funny how were already putting Wall on that list, but its true

cav_till_i_die
03-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Screw us over? No, that won't. If Amar'e opts in, then we'll have the core together for another year. Yeah, Nash will be older, but he's not going to suck. All of our young talent (Dudley, Dragic, Lopez, Clark, Frye, etc) will be a year older. We'll be an even better team.

Then, that summer, both Amar'e and J-Rich's contracts expire. That's a shitload of cash off the books.

No, the talent will still be there dont get me wrong... im talking it would hurt you guys a lot money wise.

Sadds The Gr8
03-03-2010, 02:35 AM

I don't see how I came off like a douche...you're the one that says "how do you figure" which I assume means that you're trying to make me look/feel stupid...

I have watched both of them, and I stand by what I say. Lowry has been a backup for 4 years now...if his "flashes" stood out more, he'd be a starting PG by now wouldn't he? He plays pretty good defense, but just isn't that good offensively. And about Maynor, he has had maybe 1 or 2 really good games, but he hasn't stood out like Darren Collison, or Lawson, just to name a few rookie backup PGs. Also, if Maynor was such a special talent, I HIGHLY doubt he would've been traded. Yea the Jazz wanted to keep him, but they obviously figured the money was the better decision to come by because Maynor obviously wasn't that good. he's still a rookie though and it will probably take some time for him. So like you said, we'll have to wait and see...

Bashna
03-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Well, if u figure no new up comers besides Wall :

Paul
Deron
Billups
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Harris (maybe?)
Evans
Curry
Jennings

Dragic could crack this IMO with 2-3 years more experience and 36minutes a game.

AI4MVP
03-03-2010, 04:14 AM
Paul
Deron
Billups
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Harris (maybe?)
Evans
Curry
Jennings

billups is too old to be in that list. if ur gunna put billups then u might as well put in nash and kidd

tredigs
03-03-2010, 04:29 AM
I don't see how I came off like a douche...you're the one that says "how do you figure" which I assume means that you're trying to make me look/feel stupid...

I have watched both of them, and I stand by what I say. Lowry has been a backup for 4 years now...if his "flashes" stood out more, he'd be a starting PG by now wouldn't he? He plays pretty good defense, but just isn't that good offensively. And about Maynor, he has had maybe 1 or 2 really good games, but he hasn't stood out like Darren Collison, or Lawson, just to name a few rookie backup PGs. Also, if Maynor was such a special talent, I HIGHLY doubt he would've been traded. Yea the Jazz wanted to keep him, but they obviously figured the money was the better decision to come by because Maynor obviously wasn't that good. he's still a rookie though and it will probably take some time for him. So like you said, we'll have to wait and see...

I didn't mean for it to come off like that, so apologies if that's what it looked like.

I don't really have too much else to say about these three. They're all still young, and none have been given the chance to start for a long period of time, so it is tough to say. But you have to admit that it is much easier to give up a solid young point guard talent in Maynor when the guy playing ahead of him is a top 3 PG in the league, and in his mid 20's.

Sadds The Gr8
03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I didn't mean for it to come off like that, so apologies if that's what it looked like.

I don't really have too much else to say about these three. They're all still young, and none have been given the chance to start for a long period of time, so it is tough to say. But you have to admit that it is much easier to give up a solid young point guard talent in Maynor when the guy playing ahead of him is a top 3 PG in the league, and in his mid 20's.

yea thats true

syeo
03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I live in az so thats the team I root for in the west. Dragic is the man, nash seems to be teaching that kid well, he exploded off the bench the other night, and it really says something when nash is out and dont even notice. I really like dudley to, think he will become a very good defender.

Carey
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
He's gonna be good, he has a high IQ, savvy like a veteran, shoots and handles well and can get where he needs to on the floor. He just needs more time to develop, get in the weight room and get a little stronger. He def. can pick up where Nash left off when Nash calls it a career.

syeo
03-03-2010, 02:15 PM
and looks like someone thinks billups is kinda new to the league...not really. I think it is very exciting seeing all these upcoming pg's that will be around this league for years to come.

I would def. add Dragic to that list, as well as collison in NO. The kid is trying to carry that team with paul hurt. Loved seeing rose come in this year, awesome seeing curry, jennings, and evans this year, and we get wall next year....

and holy **** westbrook is scoring in bunches lately, and he does not get enough credit for that teams success.

PHX2daDEATH
03-04-2010, 03:07 AM
I would love to see a comparison of Dragic and Stuckey's +/- to end this debate of who is more valuable.

ElMarroAfamado
03-04-2010, 03:52 AM
its the clippers

Duncan = Donkey
03-04-2010, 06:59 AM
its the clippers

:confused:

ragee
03-04-2010, 07:33 AM
He looks like a clone of Nash in my opinion... There was a time when I thought he was Nash! He dribbles and passes exactly like Steve! Not as accurate but still good...

AI4MVP
03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
the only problem i have with him is that he is not very aggresive on offense. like last night he only took two shots. but he DID have 8 assists. hes been puttin up DIMES lately

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
He's a freakin' beast! He should get more minutes. Better yet, he should start for another team!

Shady66
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
He just missed :(

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Hes amazing! im so happy to have him the future of the phoenix suns!!! i came to the forum to make a thread about him but im glad u did it for me.

add another name to the list of great young point guards

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
He just missed :(

The ESPN announcer jinxed it, he's like "that's in" lmfaoooo
But seriously, he should get more minutes.

xbrackattackx
05-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Was actually waiting on this thread it took 10 mins. not to bad.

JLynn943
05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
he's been absolutely on fire this quarter, lots of fun to watch

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
I thought of bumping this thread since a thread was just created about him.

Goran Dragic ballin it!

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Hes amazing! im so happy to have him the future of the phoenix suns!!! i came to the forum to make a thread about him but im glad u did it for me.

add another name to the list of great young point guards

I just bumped up your old thread bro. You were right, dude was gonna be a baller!

Punkindrublic03
05-08-2010, 12:12 AM
That was the most impressive stretch of basketball I have ever seen by a bench player in a playoff game. ever.

xbrackattackx
05-08-2010, 12:13 AM

He's still in the playoffs....Just saying...

xbrackattackx
05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
the only problem i have with him is that he is not very aggresive on offense. like last night he only took two shots. but he DID have 8 assists. hes been puttin up DIMES lately

He did this for you tonight.

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought of bumping this thread since a thread was just created about him.

Goran Dragic ballin it!

douchebag! lmfao
MY THREAD! hahahaha

Punkindrublic03
What an unbelievable 4th quarter for Goran Dragic and also the Suns bench

streetballa
As a Piston's fan I would take Drajic over Stuckey any day at the PG position, and I do like Stuckey just wish he would learn to shoot the 3

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Damn I wish Kevin Harlan did this game!!! lol

Right between the eyes!!! Goran Dragic!

The illest part was his teammates mobbing him at the end. Dude was a monster.

His confidence will be as low as it was b4 this game.

soonabooma
05-08-2010, 12:22 AM
He's legit, no question. Right now, Phoenix is every bit as good as any of the other teams that are still around. They're playing like they're on a mission of their own. There's still plenty of ball left to be played, and anything can happen. But think about how freaking fun a Phoenix/Orlando finals would be. I mean seriously. That would be pretty damn entertaining.

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I think he had the game of his life against us, and dont ever see him getting 20 + points in a quarter in his career again.

He is ok, dont see anything that makes him stand out or view him as a potential star to me. Good solid role player to have off the bench.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
26 pts for the ****n man of the night!

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:28 AM
douchebag! lmfao
MY THREAD! hahahaha

Right back at ya outta brotherly love my brotha! :D

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 12:29 AM
He's just a great player, been sayin it all year.

He made the Spurs look like the Clippers.

xbrackattackx
05-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I think he had the game of his life against us, and dont ever see him getting 20 + points in a quarter in his career again.

He is ok, dont see anything that makes him stand out or view him as a potential star to me. Good solid role player to have off the bench.

Aww don't be bitter ;)

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Beast

Ezekial
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM

Derrick Rose is a very humble person.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM

Why not? lol, don't be a sore loser. He basically ended your guys' season, and all you have to say about him is....."Eh"

Dude will be an all-star and will be a fan favorite for YEARS to come. With Steve Nash as his mentor, this guy WILL BECOME AN ALL-STAR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. And I guarantee that he'll have another 20 pt qtr in his future. Hell, he can easily have several 8-10 asst quarters in his career.

And if you dont like it......

Then don't watch!

Becks2307
05-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I always liked him he is such a nice guy too. Did you see him in the interview..so shy lol

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM

Derrick Rose's team is currently not in the playoffs. Goran Dragic's team is on the verge of reaching the WCF to face the defending champion Lakers.

Goran Dragic > Derrick Rose

;)

lol, jk, both are humble guys.

In 5 yrs, 7 of the top 10 players in the association will be point guards. My goodness!

Big Quett
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM
He's a freakin' beast! He should get more minutes. Better yet, he should start for another team!

I love the kid but more mins over Nash?

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Im just hope Sun Fans dont start hyping this guy up and calling him a top 5./10/15 whatever PG and all that crap . He's a good PG with potential.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I always liked him he is such a nice guy too. Did you see him in the interview..so shy lol

Ya, he was so cute. :love:

:laugh2:

No, but I felt great for the guy. Shining in a playoff game against PHX's nemesis this decade, the Spurs.

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Not being bitter at all, he is a good player. He's not a superstar, or even have superstar potential at all. If I were to have made a bet saying Dragic will score 26 points, with 20 of them being in a quarter, you would have laughed and said Im crazy. He had a great shooting night, just one of those games..I just cant see that happening again because I dont see him being a great scorer.

As of right now he is a good player to have off the bench, but if he were starting for the Suns they would get swept.

xbrackattackx
05-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Ya, he was so cute. :love:

:laugh2:

No, but I felt great for the guy. Shining in a playoff game against PHX's nemesis this decade, the Spurs.

hahah exactly what i was thinking. :)

thapharcyd
05-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Not being bitter at all, he is a good player. He's not a superstar, or even have superstar potential at all. If I were to have made a bet saying Dragic will score 26 points, with 20 of them being in a quarter, you would have laughed and said Im crazy. He had a great shooting night, just one of those games..I just cant see that happening again because I dont see him being a great scorer.

As of right now he is a good player to have off the bench, but if he were starting for the Suns they would get swept.

Dragic is a streaky shooter... Some nights he is on... SOme nights he is WAYYY off, as a starter in this league with consistent mins he could have 25 one game and just 5 the next. I think he will always be that way

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:40 AM

I would have believed the 26 pts, not the 20 pts in the qtr (not yet that is, but maybe when he hits his prime).

But the fact that he was able to do that against a very much improved Spurs defense this yr, now that's gangsta! :smoking: And in that regard, you too must acknowledge that.

JiffyMix88

seriously how can someone else's opinion or what they say about a player change how you feel about them.... i guess i should hate dragic because two post were made at the same time about him and someone a few months ago made a post on him :facepalm: learn to dislike or like a player off how they play or what they say out their mouth and if someone makes a thread about a player dont ****ing read it and stop complaining :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

JayW_1023
If he can keep it up he'll give Nash some breathers without the Suns missing much pulse in their offense.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 12:43 AM

oh no dont mention his name cause ppl r gonna go crazy and say how much they hate him

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 12:44 AM

1) dont try to act like your not being bitter. if you guys didnt trade him away and he did this for the spurs in the playoffs right now u wouldnt be saying this. youd be jocking him HARD.

2)Hes had similar performances like this, including a 32 point night against the Jazz, and a 20 point second half against the warriors

3) I dont see how u dont see him being a great scorer when he just put a dress and lipstick on your boys

4) Its been a fun series. thanks for everything

Big Quett
05-08-2010, 12:45 AM

You mean like the Spurs are about to do?...lol...i mean dude give him credit he absolutely destroyed your Spurs defense. And he wasn't doing it against the bench. he did it against the starters.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM
1) dont try to act like your not being bitter. if you guys didnt trade him away and he did this for the spurs in the playoffs right now u wouldnt be saying this. youd be jocking him HARD.

2)Hes had similar performances like this, including a 32 point night against the Jazz, and a 20 point second half against the warriors

3) I dont see how u dont see him being a great scorer when he just put a dress and lipstick on your boys

4) Its been a fun series. thanks for everything

ur right....fun watching them kick the spurs ***!

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM

No one is calling him a superstar, no one is saying super star potential either.
But He does have All Star potential though. Some of the passes this guys throws are very Nash-esque (Not saying Dragic will be as good as Nash), and he has some good court vision. He's a good shooter and is fearless going to the rim. He still has alot of improving to do.

I agree that right now he is just a good player to have off the bench. But the pleasing thing for Sun Fans is the Rapid Improvement from last year to this year from. Under Terry Porter he was stiff and look scared on the court, cause Porter would take him out if the other team went on a run or Dragic committed some turnovers. Under Gentry he is just fearless and plays his own game and you can tell. Watch Dragic under Porter and Dragic under Gentry, you would swear they are differnet players.

I dont see how Dragic starting for us and us getting swept is relevant.
I could say the same about your PG situation. If George Hill started instead of Parker the Spurs woul also get swept.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 12:48 AM
No one is calling him a superstar, no one is saying super star potential either.
But He does have All Star potential though. Some of the passes this guys throws are very Nash-esque (Not saying Dragic will be as good as Nash), and he has some good court vision. He's a good shooter and is fearless going to the rim. He still has alot of improving to do.

I agree that right now he is just a good player to have off the bench. But the pleasing thing for Sun Fans is the Rapid Improvement from last year to this year from. Under Terry Porter he was stiff and look scared on the court, cause Porter would take him out if the other team went on a run or Dragic committed some turnovers. Under Gentry he is just fearless and plays his own game and you can tell. Watch Dragic under Porter and Dragic under Gentry, you would swear they are differnet players.

I dont see how Dragic starting for us and us getting swept is relevant.
I could say the same about your PG situation. If George Hill started instead of Parker the Spurs woul also get swept.

hahahahah BOOM

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I never said George Hill was a superstar or a star, thats the thing.

To the guys that are responding to my post..you really think if Dragic was starting he would be doing this night in and night out? Putting up 20 + points a night? Damn George Hill had a better game then Dragic did agains the Mavs, but you don't see me saying he is such a great scorer and and would be doing this and bragging. Dragic and Hill are good solid role players.

If Dragic was as good as you guys are making him out to be, (excuse me since I dont watch the Suns that much) wouldn't he have averaged more then 7 or 8 ppg? Hell he was averaging 2 before this game against us.

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 12:59 AM
To the guys that are responding to my post..you really think if Dragic was starting he would be doing this night in and night out? Putting up 20 + points a night? Damn George Hill had a better game then Dragic did agains the Mavs, but you don't see me saying he is such a great scorer and and would be doing this and bragging. Dragic and Hill are good solid role players.

If Dragic was as good as you guys are making him out to be, (excuse me since I dont watch the Suns that much) wouldn't he have averaged more then 7 or 8 ppg? Hell he was averaging 2 before this game against us.

Did i say that about Dragic......no i didnt.

Yer i think Dragic would average 26 pts in 17 minutes.....:rolleyes: of course he wouldnt.

What so bad about 8 ppg for a seconf year player playing behind Steve Nash, lol. he cant score 20

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Did i say that about Dragic......no i didnt.

Yer i think Dragic would average 26 pts in 17 minutes.....:rolleyes: of course he wouldnt.

What so bad about 8 ppg for a seconf year player playing behind Steve Nash, lol. he cant score 20

I was just answering the thread question what I honestly think and since I am a Spurs fan, who's team just lost to the Suns..who Dragic plays for, people think I am a hater for not saying I think he is super great. He had a great game, and from what I've seen from him this year all together, I just dont see him doing that for however long the Suns are in the playoffs. If he does, I eat my words.

Yes I think he is a good player, but no I dont think he will be a super star, or even an all-star. People get too upset over other people's opinions.

king4day
05-08-2010, 01:15 AM

I could see him averaging around 15-20 if he was our starter. He usually gets 12-18 minutes a game (depending on how he's playing).Since he plays like Nash, he probably would stay at 10-15 and 7-10 assists.

He was rated the second best PG behind rose in last years draft but wasn't drafted higher because teams didn't think he could get out of his contract with his overseas team.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-08-2010, 01:21 AM
rose is gay, he talked **** about killing the knicks one night and they lost.. Dragic can potentially be 6th man of the year in a few years, hes every teams dream backup pg

krest213
05-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Dragic is a fluke.

cr00zi3
05-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Yea he is having some good production...but that rose dunk was still pretty nasty

what54!?
05-08-2010, 01:40 AM
he had a pretty damn good quarter......the spurs should have played better D though

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Dragic is a fluke.

your a fluke

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2010, 01:51 AM
How'd I know this thread would be bumped after the game today....

But yea, Dragic played sick today. He suprised the hell outta me, especially on that 4 pt play.

billy17
05-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Im a fan and have been all year!

Homies legit. Obviously he wouldnt do this every night if he started, but hes only in his second year and hes showing a lot of promise.

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2010, 01:54 AM
seriously how can someone else's opinion or what they say about a player change how you feel about them.... i guess i should hate dragic because two post were made at the same time about him and someone a few months ago made a post on him :facepalm: learn to dislike or like a player off how they play or what they say out their mouth and if someone makes a thread about a player dont ****ing read it and stop complaining :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

don't read it? How can I not read something that I've already read? And are u comparing Dragic threads to Rose threads? LOL u gotta be kidding me gtfoh...Rose threads were made daily during the regular season and Bulls fans annoyed the hell out of people all year. I'm not the only one sick of Bulls fans shoving Rose down ppl's throats. Using your logic, if u don't like that I h8 Rose, then don't watch my posts...

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 01:55 AM
I am getting sick of above average players (today, not tomorrow or yesterday), getting threads the second they have a great game. Kid has a nice game. He looks to be a sufficient starting PG in the NBA. The Spurs defense has decided to go on vacation early, and the Suns are playing very well. Nothing more, nothing less

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 01:59 AM
I am getting sick of above average players (today, not tomorrow or yesterday), getting threads the second they have a great game. Kid has a nice game. He looks to be a sufficient starting PG in the NBA. The Spurs defense has decided to go on vacation early, and the Suns are playing very well. Nothing more, nothing less

But the kid has potential!

what54!?
05-08-2010, 02:00 AM
But the kid has potential!a lot of them do.

billy17
05-08-2010, 02:09 AM

Every time Ive watched Dragic hes impressed me. Plus, this thread was started in March, so I would say he 'got this thread' the second he had this game.

This IS a forum, and we DO discuss basketball players.. Whats wrong with a thread regarding an up and comer that just had a break out game in a huge playoff game?

You cant deny the fact that he showed some skills tonight, this wasnt a fluke performance.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 02:20 AM

What exactly does deserve a thread in your opinion?

Goran Dragic is a relatively unknown player, who pretty much single handedly beat the Spurs in the 4th quarter, in San Antonio, to give the Suns a 3-0 series lead.

If a young player scoring 23 points in a single quarter, to win an important playoff game for his team isn't worthy of discussion on a sports forum, what is? It's not like having a thread about something is that big of a deal.

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Wow..a gcoll sighting

sventhedog
05-08-2010, 02:32 AM
now i hope the spurs understand why the laker's length are so important. it covers a lot of ground, it covers a lot of incosistencies. now the spurs might learn it the hard way by seeing that small lineups won't get it done.

i mean, it's hard to give up unconstested both 2pt and 3pt shots . you would at least bothered some with versatile bigmen or legit centers, especially when duncan clearly lost a step.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Wow..a gcoll sighting
It has been a while since I've seen a Joshtd1 post.

I actually find it kind of odd you're being a bit tough on Goran Dragic. The player he reminds me of most is Manu Ginobli. Both left handed. Both have a similar unconventional set of moves. And both have a similar shooting motion.

I think the kid (Dragic) has a lot of potential. Is he the next greatest thing? Wouldn't go that far at all. But he has a chance to be pretty solid. Shot close to 40% from behind the arc on the year, plays really aggressive defense, and has shown an ability to create. Though at times he seems a bit awkward handling the ball.

now the spurs might learn it the hard way by seeing that small lineups won't get it done.
Except Phoenix has a pretty small lineup.

DreamShaker
05-08-2010, 02:39 AM
He has crazy footwork...you can see the Nash influence in him...tonight he played a little out of his mind it seemed...but I would be stoked if I was a Suns fan...

xxcubs22xx
05-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Goran Dragic is very talented. Indeed. He man handled the spurs defense like a closer-superstar does. As impressive the poster of D-Rose dunking on him was, i must say, Dragic is in the NBA for a reason, i think he has more potential then Stuckey, among other reasons.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 02:41 AM
don't read it? How can I not read something that I've already read? And are u comparing Dragic threads to Rose threads? LOL u gotta be kidding me gtfoh...Rose threads were made daily during the regular season and Bulls fans annoyed the hell out of people all year. I'm not the only one sick of Bulls fans shoving Rose down ppl's throats. Using your logic, if u don't like that I h8 Rose, then don't watch my posts...

lmao your a fool im trying to help you get over hating players because of psd and my advice was for you to stop clicking on the rose threads! lmao

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 02:42 AM
rose is gay, he talked **** about killing the knicks one night and they lost.. Dragic can potentially be 6th man of the year in a few years, hes every teams dream backup pg

please show me the link of rose talking ****, PLEASE!

xxcubs22xx
05-08-2010, 02:44 AM
lmao. I should've known. 11 pages in and were back to the D-Rose supporters vs haters debate because it was brought up when it shouldn't have been.

yikes.

(facepalm)

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 02:47 AM
lmao. I should've known. 11 pages in and were back to the D-Rose supporters vs haters debate because it was brought up when it shouldn't have been.

yikes.

(facepalm)

im not even arguing with this guy just trying to give him some advice so he wont be so tense lol one guy makes a joke about rose dunking on him and this guy goes bananas lol

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 02:53 AM
It has been a while since I've seen a Joshtd1 post.

I actually find it kind of odd you're being a bit tough on Goran Dragic. The player he reminds me of most is Manu Ginobli. Both left handed. Both have a similar unconventional set of moves. And both have a similar shooting motion.

I think the kid (Dragic) has a lot of potential. Is he the next greatest thing? Wouldn't go that far at all. But he has a chance to be pretty solid. Shot close to 40% from behind the arc on the year, plays really aggressive defense, and has shown an ability to create. Though at times he seems a bit awkward handling the ball.

Except Phoenix has a pretty small lineup.

There was a move that reminded me of Manu he made.

Not really being tough on him, I just dont watch him enough. I saw the thread and based my opinion on the few games I've seen him. Of course he is young and has plenty of room to grow, I just think he is a good player to have off the bench right now. He played a great game, it will just take more then 1 game like that (in which I see) before I think more of him.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 02:59 AM
There was a move that reminded me of Manu he made.

Not really being tough on him, I just dont watch him enough. I saw the thread and based my opinion on the few games I've seen him. Of course he is young and has plenty of room to grow, I just think he is a good player to have off the bench right now. He played a great game, it will just take more then 1 game like that (in which I see) before I think more of him.

Well. Obviously right now he's not a legit all-star or anything. I don't think anyone would claim that. But he's had flashes where he looks to have potential.

This is by far his best game ever though. The only other circumstance I can remember is when he scored 24 in the first half against Utah.

And the fact that this thread was made prior to this outburst, should indicate that Suns fans have been impressed with him for a little while now.

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 05:05 AM

Officially? what have you called that the last couple months you have been doing against rose? so you liked him the last couple months then? give me a freakin break. man stop hating on rose. are you realy mad cause the bulls got in the playoffs and the raps didnt? are you mad cause bosh is leaving or what? just stop

Fireworld
05-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I like him. He has a nice mid range jumper and great ball handling skills. Needs to improve his passing. 6.5 out of 10.

PHX2daDEATH
05-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Derrick Rose dresses up as Goran Dragic for Halloween

J-Relo
05-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Dragic is still more of a scorer, 15 and 7 for the future

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Officially? what have you called that the last couple months you have been doing against rose? so you liked him the last couple months then? give me a freakin break. man stop hating on rose. are you realy mad cause the bulls got in the playoffs and the raps didnt? are you mad cause bosh is leaving or what? just stop

What? Proper english please:confused:

I started disliking him from all the annoying threads and overhyping you guys do, like already declaring him the best PG in the NBA:facepalm:

And I love how you keep trying to bait me into a fight about Bosh, this is the 2nd time now...when are u gonna realize that I don't give a flying **** that he's leaving and I saw it coming even if we made the playoffs. That playoff **** is easy as hell to brag about, considering our best player missed like the last 7 games...u guys caught the luckiest break ever, and I've seen Bulls fans admit it.

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2010, 08:25 AM
lmao your a fool im trying to help you get over hating players because of psd and my advice was for you to stop clicking on the rose threads! lmao

yea? Did I ask you for help? I don't recall it. So if you don't like my posts, then don't read. simple.

Kakaroach
05-08-2010, 10:04 AM
He's gonna be more of a scoring PG, I'd say a guy who averages like 16 and 5 over the course of his career once he becomes a starter in Phoenix.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
^^^ He will average more assists than that. He's had a few games where he'll get ten assists in maybe only a quarter and a half of play. I'm not saying he'll average ten but it might not be outrageous to say he'd be more of a 17pts and 9ast type of player.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:17 AM
He's a poor man's Jameer Nelson, no offence Suns fans, but he's still got ways to go, good young talent though.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say he's a poor man's Jameer. He's only in his second year, he's gonna get better whereas Jameer has probably peaked his potential.

By the way, I'm thoroughly impressed with what your team has done. If my Suns get taken out by the Lakers I'm rooting for you guys all the way.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't say he's a poor man's Jameer. He's only in his second year, he's gonna get better whereas Jameer has probably peaked his potential.

By the way, I'm thoroughly impressed with what your team has done. If my Suns get taken out by the Lakers I'm rooting for you guys all the way.

Dragic is 23, Jameer is 27, not that big of a difference there, but that's why I said he's a good young talent, it's on him to get better.

You guys have really impressed me as well, I thought you'd lose to the Spurs in 6, but you've proved you're the better team and seem to be pulling a Magic ;) by getting your brooms out. I do want you guys to beat LA just because Nash has never been to the Finals yet, but I'd rather play the Lakeshow because they eliminated us last year (should we make it back).

STAT32
05-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I guess when I meant he's younger I meant more that this is only his second year and his ceiling is still incredibly high. Meanwhile Jameer has probably reached his potential (which happens to be a top tier PG).

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I guess when I meant he's younger I meant more that this is only his second year and his ceiling is still incredibly high. Meanwhile Jameer has probably reached his potential (which happens to be a top tier PG).

Fair enough, he's already a good scorer, but I think as Jameer gains more and more experience, he will become a better passer and defender.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 11:47 AM
True enough! Suns fans are incredibly excited about this kid and I think it's warranted. To watch him torch the Spurs like that, when no perimeter player has ever done that to the mighty Spurs, it was just unreal.

Giantwarrior
05-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Dragic had one really good game, but thats a bout it. he's STREAKY. i think he will be a solid pg but never a top 10 PG in the league.

dwadefan03
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
what he did yesterday was sick. but i still think he looks like hes 14 years old.

MJ-BULLS
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Me being a bulls fan i know who he is. :rolleyes:

But i think the kid can be a solid PG in the NBA, he has some game.

*Superman*
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Me being a bulls fan i know who he is. :rolleyes:

But i think the kid can be a solid PG in the NBA, he has some game.

Dude you have some sick sigs. Nice Work. :clap:

MJ-BULLS
05-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Dude you have some sick sigs. Nice Work. :clap:

Really appreciate it, thanks. :hi5:

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I always knew this guy would be a great shooter and if he stayed under Nash's wing could develop into a similar player but would never be what Nash is.

hineswardfan
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah I enjoy watching the guy play, he's gonna be pretty good one day but then again he has the best mentor around :)

IversonIsKrazy
05-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I still can't believe what he did yesterday. Watching the game live (since canucks were dissapointing yesterday), spurs up end of 3rd, nash and amare take a rest, I was like yes time to get a big lead, then Dragic comes in, and almost outscores the SPurs in the 4th by HIMSELF! He has some great potential, does remind me a lot of Manu, and his passing skills is being influenced by NAsh. I h8 him after yesterday, but man can the kid play

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
yea? Did I ask you for help? I don't recall it. So if you don't like my posts, then don't read. simple.

all you had to do was not respond to my post lol what a dick

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 04:42 PM

oh yeah..... Derrick Rose > The WHOLE Raptors Team

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 05:41 PM
His shot has come a long way, it was HORRENDOUS his first season. He controls the offense alright. He is a nice backup to Nash. Terrible defender, and inconsistent, but that is to be expected of a player in his situation/age. He could be a nice PG down the line somewhere. Nothing to write home about though

STAT32
05-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Terrible defender? You lost your credibility right there, Goran has actually been an excellent perimeter defender all season long. Caused Tony Parker some problems last night especially in the 4th.

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
His shot has come a long way, it was HORRENDOUS his first season. He controls the offense alright. He is a nice backup to Nash. Terrible defender, and inconsistent, but that is to be expected of a player in his situation/age. He could be a nice PG down the line somewhere. Nothing to write home about though

lol, its obvious you havn't seen him play mich.

Niro
05-08-2010, 07:05 PM
goran dragic will win the next 10 mvps:speechless: and dpy and mip 6 years in a row

he will even win roy next year i guess:speechless:

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2010, 07:14 PM
all you had to do was not respond to my post lol what a dick

your sig girl got some junk in the trunk!!! H2 in da pants!!!

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2010, 07:17 PM

terrible defender-no.

inconsistent-yes.

nice pg down the line-what about the 4th quarter?

nothing to write home about-have you read all the press clippings?

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 07:30 PM
your sig girl got some junk in the trunk!!! H2 in da pants!!!

her name is pebblezs look her up on youtube to see that junk in the trunk shake!

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 07:31 PM
What? Proper english please:confused:

I started disliking him from all the annoying threads and overhyping you guys do, like already declaring him the best PG in the NBA:facepalm:

And I love how you keep trying to bait me into a fight about Bosh, this is the 2nd time now...when are u gonna realize that I don't give a flying **** that he's leaving and I saw it coming even if we made the playoffs. That playoff **** is easy as hell to brag about, considering our best player missed like the last 7 games...u guys caught the luckiest break ever, and I've seen Bulls fans admit it.

oh man going after my typing..... big man

also i wasnt trying to bait you this time with bosh. its pretty much a fact he's leaving and if he comes to the bulls it will be extra sweet. so what if bulls fans say rose is the best or gonna be the best. just watch him and you will agree, but i bet you don't watch him that much. oh and if we caught a break so did you with rose,noah,deng missing 10 games or we would of never needed bosh to miss 4 games. it wasnt 7 he missed. im expecting to have my sig bets with you next season.

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 07:32 PM
oh and of course all of us bulls fans know who dragic is, its not being an *** hole, it's just saying we know who he is. so no one should get mad over that. the only reason some of you are mad is because of how we know who he is

blah-blah
05-08-2010, 07:42 PM
he seems like another calderon

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 07:45 PM
oh and of course all of us bulls fans know who dragic is, its not being an *** hole, it's just saying we know who he is. so no one should get mad over that. the only reason some of you are mad is because of how we know who he is

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 07:46 PM

oh JB, you know what im talkin about ;)

kvrnm
05-08-2010, 07:56 PM

wtf?

lol are you kidding me

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
oh JB, you know what im talkin about ;)

Send me a visitor message or PM, because I don't. Unless you are referring to that Dragic guy we had in the early 2000's?

Shady66
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Send me a visitor message or PM, because I don't. Unless you are referring to that Dragic guy we had in the early 2000's?

Because Rose dunked on Dragic earlier in the year.. how did you not get that haha.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM

When you say Dragic is a "terrible defender" it's clear you haven't watched him much. So you're pretty much just making stuff up.

Kind of funny. I'm not gonna come out and say he's a lock-down perimeter defender or anything. But he plays solid, aggressive defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVo-1_GI5Qc&feature=related

SeoulBeatz
05-08-2010, 09:33 PM

that was a nasty dunk, but no need to be a vagina about it :)

Anyways...from a non-completely biased fan, Goran seems like an up and coming player who may be capable of taking Nash's place when his time is up, of course he's not nearly as good as Nash, but he has tremendous craftiness and work ethic and is a savvy playmaker. He made some huge plays in the Suns last game against the spurs..... didn't he have 20 in the 4th quarter ALONE to seal the game?

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM

ok please do not post in this thread anymore because you obviously havent seen Dragic play so your opinion about him doesnt matter.

hes not gunna win DPOY anytime soon, but hes defiently an above average, scrappy, aggresive defender.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 10:21 PM
hahah korver is on fire and mike terico is like "who does he think he is? dragic? " hahahaha

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Lol

maddBat
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
hahah korver is on fire and mike terico is like "who does he think he is? dragic? " hahahaha

:laugh: couldnt stop laughing but korver was on fire. i think he hit about 4 in a row 2 of them 3s? but hands down the best game of the series. artest is finally awake n ak47 coming back from injury. finally a close game. lol

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
oh man going after my typing..... big man

also i wasnt trying to bait you this time with bosh. its pretty much a fact he's leaving and if he comes to the bulls it will be extra sweet. so what if bulls fans say rose is the best or gonna be the best. just watch him and you will agree, but i bet you don't watch him that much. oh and if we caught a break so did you with rose,noah,deng missing 10 games or we would of never needed bosh to miss 4 games. it wasnt 7 he missed. im expecting to have my sig bets with you next season.

I wasn't dongging on your english because u spelled something wrong, I'm dogging it because I dunno wtf u said....and I recall Bosh rolling an ankle and missing several games. And obviously I dont watch Rose plenty, but I see alot of him on national TV and basketball shows.

JiffyMix88
05-09-2010, 02:27 AM
I wasn't dongging on your english because u spelled something wrong, I'm dogging it because I dunno wtf u said....and I recall Bosh rolling an ankle and missing several games. And obviously I dont watch Rose plenty, but I see alot of him on national TV and basketball shows.

Rose > Saddler The Gr8. FACT.

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Rose > Saddler The Gr8. FACT.
lol u want me to stop quoting u and u make dumbass comments that will just get deleted....get a life kid.:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
05-09-2010, 02:43 AM
i wont bait anyone or say anything smart, just coming by to see what has been posted.

heatbb
05-09-2010, 03:17 AM
I've had high hopes on him since Day1. It took him time but he's become a good shooter and having Nash as a passing mentor...well it has worked out really well. I don't think he's a starter now but in 2yrs I do believe he can take over Nash's job when he retires.

J-Relo
05-09-2010, 03:21 AM
he's still not a passer as Steve is.... he might develop that skill while working under the best, hopefully.... his scoring is nice, he has potential to improve on both ends... i don't see him as a superstar as Nash is, but he might be a decent player for years to come

AI4MVP
05-09-2010, 04:40 AM
can anyone ever talk about a young point guard and not have derrick rose brought up?

JiffyMix88
05-09-2010, 04:53 AM
can anyone ever talk about a young point guard and not have derrick rose brought up?

sure can john wall > dragic :p

LakersSaintsLSU
05-09-2010, 05:05 AM

i noticed this guy when the suns beat the Loston Celdicks in Bean town he play extremly well nash was on the bench resting and dragic went to work.ever since i felt he was a pg u'd have to deal with regardless if he's not a star i like this guy

JiffyMix88
05-09-2010, 05:10 AM
i noticed this guy when the suns beat the Loston Celdicks in Bean town he play extremly well nash was on the bench resting and dragic went to work.ever since i felt he was a pg u'd have to deal with regardless if he's not a star i like this guy

damn who is that in ur sig pic?

whitekimbo
05-09-2010, 05:23 AM
sure can john wall > rose :p

fixed it for ya

JiffyMix88
05-09-2010, 05:38 AM
fixed it for ya

thanks

Wizard of O's
05-09-2010, 06:28 AM
the kid is really special and still seems like he can improve alot. he'll in the elite class in a few years (Williams, Paul, Nash, Brooks, Roy) and will be a nice replacement of Nash when he retires.

i think alot of the early criticism of steve kerr is almost diminished. i think he had us all fooled. suns are a much better defensive team now and have managed to keep the high scoring in tact. even with the awful shaq trade

im getting close to putting kerr as #3 GM behind morey and OKC's GM as having the brightest future.

Wizard of O's
05-09-2010, 06:33 AM
sorry i mentioned he got dunked on by D****. When i watched him play he seemed like jus another guy. Do Suns fans really think he's able to step up and replace Nash soon? He really didnt stand out to me, then again i really wasnt paying attention to him.

Biggest goof of the year

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Terrible defender? You lost your credibility right there, Goran has actually been an excellent perimeter defender all season long. Caused Tony Parker some problems last night especially in the 4th.

he is not a good defender. Period. I have watched him play plenty. It seems to be a trend among Phx guards. He is ok at making players change direction, but that is the extent of it.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 12:57 PM
terrible defender-no.

inconsistent-yes.

nice pg down the line-what about the 4th quarter?

nothing to write home about-have you read all the press clippings?

its amazing how one game makes fans get defensive. Jesus

STAT32
05-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Then you have no idea what you're talking about. He's one of our better perimeter defenders... He knows how to stay in front of his man, he's good at keeping his man out of the paint as well. Perhaps you should watch some more because you have no idea what you're talking about. Ask anybody on the Suns board especially those of us who watch him night in and night out.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 12:59 PM
need to look at a whole body of work when evaluating a player boys. If he has one great game, and then you start a thread wanting everyone to jump on his bandwagon, don't be surprised when people who watch the whole season/career chime in and tell you how it really is.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Then you have no idea what you're talking about. He's one of our better perimeter defenders... He knows how to stay in front of his man, he's good at keeping his man out of the paint as well. Perhaps you should watch some more because you have no idea what you're talking about. Ask anybody on the Suns board especially those of us who watch him night in and night out.

I have watched him homie. I love the Suns, or Nash anyways. He turns players. That is it. He doesn't rebound, he doesn't disprupt, he is not in the passing lanes, he simply turns players like we are taught to do in defensive drills in 5th grade.
Like I said. Nice backup player. Could be a good lead guard down the line. If he is so badass, maybe you should trade Nash to create more minutes for the next 1st team defender.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 01:04 PM
quick stat lesson. He actually is outplayed while playing PG. His PER is below what he gives up. And at SG, his numbers go up. Both positions, he gives up a PER above league average. His steal and block percentages are very weak. And his defensive rating is below average. Couple that with what I see on the floor, and I stick by my claim. Sorry

Pluvious
05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
he is not a good defender. Period. I have watched him play plenty. It seems to be a trend among Phx guards. He is ok at making players change direction, but that is the extent of it.

Period? He's actually a solid defender for a young pg and has all the skills to be excellent in that area with experience. He has some trouble with physical pg's I believe but overall he is good.

Pluvious
05-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I have watched him homie. I love the Suns, or Nash anyways. He turns players. That is it. He doesn't rebound, he doesn't disprupt, he is not in the passing lanes, he simply turns players like we are taught to do in defensive drills in 5th grade.
Like I said. Nice backup player. Could be a good lead guard down the line. If he is so badass, maybe you should trade Nash to create more minutes for the next 1st team defender.

He disrupts. He's been bothering Parker each time he tries to go in for those layups. Blocked him 2-3 times this series. Correct in that he is not a "force" on defense.

But he is only "good" on defense...nothing special at this point. But all the tools are there. He is still learning to play physical and with confidence on defense. But his offensive game is very unique.

kjdills13
05-09-2010, 01:25 PM
quick stat lesson. He actually is outplayed while playing PG. His PER is below what he gives up. And at SG, his numbers go up. Both positions, he gives up a PER above league average. His steal and block percentages are very weak. And his defensive rating is below average. Couple that with what I see on the floor, and I stick by my claim. Sorry

WOW a backup point guard who plays with all of the BACKUPS has a bellow average PER maybe because he has to play with the backups. and his PER is better at sg bc that means nash is at pg and he is playing with the starters.

STAT32
05-09-2010, 01:36 PM
^^^ Not to mention, I would expect his PER to be below what he gives up considering he plays a lot of his time against opposing teams starting PG's and SG's...

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 04:21 PM
stats are stats fellas. His defensive rating is poor, he doesn't force turnovers, and simply makes his man turn. Come up with whatever you like. He is a much improved shooter, maybe the most improved in that department after Corey Brewer this year, and looks like he can run an offense. But he hasn't done much else.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
WOW a backup point guard who plays with all of the BACKUPS has a bellow average PER maybe because he has to play with the backups. and his PER is better at sg bc that means nash is at pg and he is playing with the starters.

none of what you just wrote makes sense. You should have a higher PER or efficiency rating against the second unit. Not the other way around.

netsgiantsyanks
05-09-2010, 04:40 PM
i really liked goran dragic he always helps me win online games in live:D

netsgiantsyanks
05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
but seriously he is a really good player i do hope he is a good player for years to come

gcoll
05-09-2010, 05:13 PM
need to look at a whole body of work when evaluating a player boys. If he has one great game, and then you start a thread wanting everyone to jump on his bandwagon, don't be surprised when people who watch the whole season/career chime in and tell you how it really is.
This thread wasn't started based on his game against San Antonio. It was just bumped because of that.

The people you are lecturing, and acting like a dick towards...are the people who have watched him his whole career, and have been impressed with him all year.

Sportfan
05-09-2010, 05:17 PM
If that's your type of humor I really don't know what to say.

Dragic defiantly looked good against the Spurs. With Steve Nash as a mentor for him, he can become a pretty good guard in this league