PDA

View Full Version : What do u think about collison?

Silent
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Just curios what no fans think of this kid he's averaging close to 19 a game after this game.

This kid is gonna be something special do u keep him and trade paul or do u trade collison?

st3voness
03-01-2010, 01:31 AM
> CP3

<-- Dallas Fan.

syeo
03-01-2010, 02:15 AM
im not a hornets fan, but I am a fan of pauls play and ive been watchin collison lately and the kid is the real deal. I also wonder what the hornets are looking at once paul comes back. He would be a small man to put at the 2 or 3. He is your leader right now with paul out, and obviously the most skilled player on the court for you guys. It would be a shame for him to come off the bench in my opinion. Whats your take on this hornet fans?

syeo
03-01-2010, 02:22 AM
not sure if im gonna get a angry response from this..but this is what I would do.

Trade paul in the offseason and bring in some good supporting players, and build around collison's cheap contract at the point.

Jason5Kidd5
03-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Trade CP3 to the Mavericks for Matt Carroll, Eduardo Najera, and Jose Barea. :clap:

ballpd05
03-01-2010, 12:30 PM
not sure if im gonna get a angry response from this..but this is what I would do.

Trade paul in the offseason and bring in some good supporting players, and build around collison's cheap contract at the point.

I agree with you to some degree. I think we could get more with CP3's $9 mil than with Collisons $2 mil.

But as good as Collison is, he is not CP3. If I were the Hornets I would find someone in need of a point guard and package Collison, Julian Wright, and maybe some of our expiring contracts in an attempt to acquire another legit talent.

Next year will be alot better for the Hornets because Mo Pete, Peja, Julian Wright (Team Option that is almost certain to be declined), and Darius Songaila all have expiring contracts making them easier to move.

spacemandave
03-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I agree with you to some degree. I think we could get more with CP3's $9 mil than with Collisons $2 mil.

But as good as Collison is, he is not CP3. If I were the Hornets I would find someone in need of a point guard and package Collison, Julian Wright, and maybe some of our expiring contracts in an attempt to acquire another legit talent.

Next year will be alot better for the Hornets because Mo Pete, Peja, Julian Wright (Team Option that is almost certain to be declined), and Darius Songaila all have expiring contracts making them easier to move.

i agree with all that, i wanna see all 3 of them(cp3, dc, thornton) and see whats what but if it doesnt work out i bet we could really get a lot for one of them(cp3, west, peja for bosh and turkoglu)

marlinsfan24
03-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Trade Paul to the Heat in a package built around Beasley and our 2 picks :)!

Draco
03-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Trade Paul to the Heat in a package built around Beasley and our 2 picks :)!

Tyrus Thomas probably had as much or more trade value than Beasley currently has... and neither TT nor Beasley and picks would figure to get a star player. The Suns showing no interest in Beasley should be an indication of that.

marlinsfan24
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Tyrus Thomas probably had as much or more trade value than Beasley currently has... and neither TT nor Beasley and picks would figure to get a star player. The Suns showing no interest in Beasley should be an indication of that.

There were both reports that the Suns had no interest in Beasley and that they did but Riley wasn't willing to deal him. And with the owner coming out and saying he wasn't available and seeing Beasley wasn't in an trade offers, I don't tend to believe that the Suns didn't have interest in Beasley.

ballpd05
03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Beasley and the two picks aren't worth CP3. Beasley has not proved too be able to be the playmaker they thought he'd be with D Wade (maybe because of D Wades volume shooting, but nonetheless) so thinking pairing him with Collison and Thornton is worth the risk of losing Chris Paul.

Also the heat are in the thick of the playoff hunt so the likelihood of a high draft pick isn't very good, and the Hornets are teetering on the brink of elimination so may be in the lottery not very far in front of or maybe even higher than the Heat.

Even with a high draft pick they are only a few studs in my opinion being Evan Turner, John Wall, and Wesley Johnson who I would even think of giving up CP3 for (combined with Beasley). Everyone else is a risk. And after that brief thought I realize the Hornets.

It would (or should) take a legit long term all-star to pry CP3 away from New Orleans.

Vinny642
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Collison is a beast, CP taught him well but CP is still the best PG out.

SluggeR
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM
If the Hornets were to use Collison as an asset, what would Hornet fans want for him? The weakest area on the team are the wing players. Stoj has a bad back and a worse contract, Mo Pete is a streak shooter with no streaks left, Julian has little to no relevant basketball skills, must I go on? Thorton is definitely a scorer, but his size makes him a liability on D if he starts. I can see him being the teams Ben Gordon(instant offense).

spacemandave
03-10-2010, 01:40 AM
lol, no u dont have to go on...i agree with all that and thats exactly what i would want but im watching bosh play now and wouldnt mind seeing collison, west, and mopete or something going to raptors for him

then we got best pg in nba and top 3? pf, altho still weak at sf w peja, maybe someone can be signed at a bargain or pejas in his last year and has got 14 mil coming off the books, some teams may want that and be willing to give up a much more talented wing in the process(its happened)...

1-cp3
2-thornton(altho id rather him come off bench if we have decent second option, he can work his game alone and is better off saving our sorry second string but would of course play at end of game)
3-peja(get someone better for him)
4-bosh
5-okafor

aint bad, wont speculate on bench but they should have decent draft pick for starters and maybe songalia and gray can come back and we be decent up front.

SluggeR
03-10-2010, 03:56 PM
^^^I aint trying to knock you, but the raptors already have bread invested in two pg's(jack/calderon) + Bosh would have to want to come to the hornets(he will be a free agent). I think the hornets could benefit from trading collison for an athletic wingplayer with enough skills to play both the 2 and the 3.

okafor
west
stoj
???
CP3

ballpd05
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
The Hornets could package Collison with Peja. That way the Hornets could get a couple of athletic playmakers or another all star caliber player. They could also package him with Mo Pete and maybe get an athletic playmaker.

Mo and Peja have expiring deals so a team would probably be willing to take them on if they could also get collison in the deal.

I would wait to see after the draft how the Hornets come out the gate before I pulled the trigger on any of them.

(Who remembers the signing of that bust Ike Diogu?)

GarlicStench
03-10-2010, 09:30 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b3cQN

NICE!

spacemandave
03-12-2010, 04:55 AM
jack and calderon both suck and bosh should want to come to the hornets, he can be leading scorer on team w serious potential.