PDA

View Full Version : Report: LeBron wants to be a Laker

Paris Bulls
02-28-2010, 08:19 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/report-lebron-wants-to-be-a-laker.php

Roland Lazenby is pretty plugged in to Laker culture. He recently released a book on Jerry West (see Kurt's talk with him here and here). Today he releases what will likely be considered a bombshell in some circles.

From HoopsHype:

"The greatest NBA free agent of all time, LeBron James, is quietly making overtures to the Los Angeles Lakers.

He wants to play for them. And James is not all that concerned whether Kobe Bryant is part of the equation. Bryant, of course, has yet to sign a contract extension with L.A. and could wind up a free-agent himself, albeit one with high mileage."

Lazenby goes on to outline the complicated nature of the ownership situation in LA and the relationship with Phil Jackson and galpal Jeannie Buss. It reads pretty much like something in between a Twilight novel and Pride and Prejudice. The meat at the beginning, the selling point, though, is clearl├┐ "LEBRON= LAKERS, GETCHA POPCORN."

There are about a million reasons to doubt this. Making room for what James would want, even if he were to take a paycut, would mean dumping Kobe Bryant or multiple components of the Lakers' championship-level core. Would they do that to get James? Would Lakers fans accept James after developing a blood rivalry over the Kobe v. LeBron debate?

The odds of this happening are pretty low. It would mean a total revision of everything the Lakers have worked for over the past three years, abandoning arguably the second greatest player in franchise history, or the alternative, paying a luxury tax amount that would be enough to subsidize sending every child in the greater Los Angeles area to college.

Lazenby's sources suggest that a key component to James is being coached by Jackson, who he likely ties into his Jordan-obsession. It's an interesting idea, to think of one of the greatest small forwards of all time in the triangle. And obviously, LA is a terrific market for LeBron to grow his empire from.

Then again, why would he want to enter into a situation where he's got so much history to compete with? Why would he want to work into taking over Kobe's town? Why not just go where he can run things any way he wants (like Brooklyn, or, gasp, Cleveland)?

We'll have to see if there's any teeth to this rumor, or if this is yet another pipe dream in the James championship sweepstakes.

kblo247
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Bynum for Lebron is basically what Buss would shoot if it were true for in all honesty as Drew will make what 15mil and that means they can give Lebron 20.

The thing is that the Cavs would really have no choice to take just Bynum in a sign and trade if Lebron said I want to be there because he isn't restricted and in all honesty getting something back, in this case a 22 year old 7 foot center who is 20 and 10 as option 1 or 2 is the best they could hope for.

It would be like Johnson for Diaw. Not a fair trade but in all honesty like ATL, LA would be in the driver seat solely because he said he wants to come there and they could protect their core of Kobe-Artest-Odom-Gasol while setting themselves up with a player for the next generation like they did with Kobe and tried to do with Worthy before his knee blew out.

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Bynum for Lebron is basically what Buss would shoot if it were true for in all honesty as Drew will make what 15mil and that means they can give Lebron 20.

The thing is that the Cavs would really have no choice to take just Bynum in a sign and trade if Lebron said I want to be there because he isn't restricted and in all honesty getting something back, in this case a 22 year old 7 foot center who is 20 and 10 as option 1 or 2 is the best they could hope for.

It would be like Johnson for Diaw. Not a fair trade but in all honesty like ATL, LA would be in the driver seat solely because he said he wants to come there and they could protect their core of Kobe-Artest-Odom-Gasol while setting themselves up with a player for the next generation like they did with Kobe and tried to do with Worthy before his knee blew out.

I don't really feel this is ever gonna happen. But if this did, then wow, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James on the same team = GAME OVER

This is just too weird

heathonater
02-28-2010, 08:30 PM
the chances of this ever happening are a million to one.

bigsams50
02-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't really feel this is ever gonna happen. But if this did, then wow, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James on the same team = GAME OVER

This is just too weird

If LeBron joined the Lakers i would stop watching basketball because it would be unfair lol. I might start watching baseball or some ****

Draco
02-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.. even Lazenby outlines why it's so unbelievable. It seems like this 'source' was trying to find something to do on a boring weekend.

Bruno
02-28-2010, 08:32 PM

And with Shaq coming off the books Cleveland could still afford to sign one of the other huge free agents. Imagine if Wade went to Cleveland to play with Bynum or Gasol and Mo, Jamison, and the rest of their squad.

Fireworld
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM

The lottery has worse odds but SOMEONE still wins it.

But we all know LJ will not be a Laker. Ever.

Bruno
02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Cleveland, with our without James could remain contenders- If they get a solid piece in return for James AND another all-star joins Cleveland, taking Shaqs place in the books.

iggypop123
02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
i will get to **** sienna west, carmella bing, jemmifer aniston, jessica alba, gianna michals.....etc before this happens.

td0tsfinest
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Sure, why not. Every other team looks like they got a shot at him.

prodigy
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Word of the day- ego. Kobe and Lebron both have huge egos. People keep forgetting that. They will not play with each other in the NBA.

I hate when people make dumb Articles like this. Next he will be heading to Boston.

So right now Lebron will play for the fellowing teams in 2010-2011-

Bulls
Knicks
Nets
Cavs
Laker's
Clippers
Kings
Heat

Did I miss any, lol.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
He should join the Kings!!! King of Kings baby!!
But if this was to happen I would be very dissapointed in Lebron, I know the Lakers and Celtics are like the Cowboys of the NFL..I know they are the face of the NBA but for christ sake, just get a new coach (like Avery Johnson,Byron Scott,or Sam Mitchell) any of those guys exceeds the intelligence of Mike Brown.

prodigy
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
any of those guys exceeds the intelligence of Mike Brown.

On offense yes defense no.

Kakaroach
02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Not gonna happen as long as Kobe is there. He wants to be the man, and rightfully so.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Are you saying Mike Brown is a better defensive coach then Avery Johnson?

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 08:55 PM
U remember Dallas started the 07 season 0-4 and finished 67-11 right?

I know they lost to Warriors because of matchup problems but do you think anyone else could beat that Dallas team that year?

R_O_W_E
02-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Word of the day- ego. Kobe and Lebron both have huge egos. People keep forgetting that. They will not play with each other in the NBA.

I hate when people make dumb Articles like this. Next he will be heading to Boston.

So right now Lebron will play for the fellowing teams in 2010-2011-

Bulls
Knicks
Nets
Cavs
Laker's
Clippers
Kings
Heat

Did I miss any, lol.

I think you're missing the point of what LeBron and his "Brain Trust" are attempting to do. LeBron wants to look at his options, and the Cavs front office is heavily invested into him, so if he does leave he wants it to seem like its the Cavs' front office or Mike Brown being the reason he does.

LeBron doesn't want the blame if or when he leaves.

R_O_W_E
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
U remember Dallas started the 07 season 0-4 and finished 67-11 right?

I know they lost to Warriors because of matchup problems but do you think anyone else could beat that Dallas team that year?

Didn't an offensive oriented Golden State team beat them that year?

Dallas can only be as good defensively as their anchor of their defense which is Dirk, Dirk has never been a good defensive player.

DR. Pepper
02-28-2010, 09:02 PM
and then wade will go to the magic and its on ;)

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Say what you want but I guarantee you that the Bobcats beat the Lakers in they playoffs because of matchup problems...they have been owning the Lakers for years.

Hugbees
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
wow this writer needs to lose his job.. he didn't even give legitimate reasons. Just some vague source which was probably the friendly staples center bum. If he really had a "Jordan obsession" then he would know to stay clear away from a player like kobe because his scoring numbers will decline drastically after a couple years with the dude. Being one of the clutchest players of all time is clearly important to the both of them. Remember that basketball scene in Fresh Prince when Carlton and Will wrestle with the ball for the last shot? Yeah...

tr4shb0t
02-28-2010, 09:09 PM
won't happen. the league would step in and prevent it somehow. they make too much money by having super stars distributed. not to mention if there is one power house team other fans lose interest because they feel like their team has not shot.

R_O_W_E
02-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Say what you want but I guarantee you that the Bobcats beat the Lakers in they playoffs because of matchup problems...they have been owning the Lakers for years.

Bobcats wont play the Lakers in the Playoffs, they're in 2 different conferences.

Hellcrooner
02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
If kobe and lebron can sit in a restaurant for a dinner put egoes aside and say

ok you are coming to my town, im aging Ill get to be the leadr and get more touches the first two years then you will be the leader

i can see it definelty happening.

N if takes trading gsol to cleveland let be it.

shipping bynum woudl make more sense from cavs standopoint anyway

R_O_W_E
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
won't happen. the league would step in and prevent it somehow. they make too much money by having super stars distributed. not to mention if there is one power house team other fans lose interest because they feel like their team has not shot.

Really?

The league was at its peak in popularity back when there were power house teams like the 80's Lakers and Celtics along with the 90's Bulls and the early 2000's Lakers.

The fact that the NBA has gone to such an extent to try to "balance" the league out to make more money from the smaller market Franchises has hurt the NBA in terms of overall popularity. There is no appeal to a small market team winning a title in the NBA, just look at the irrelevant years between the Lakers' last championship and the Celtics & Lakers winning titles recently.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Bobcats wont play the Lakers in the Playoffs, they're in 2 different conferences.

Yeah I know I'm just saying that Dallas didnt have that kind of luxury..but they have themselves to blame...if they only let the Clippers win they would of avoided that matchup.

R_O_W_E
02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
If kobe and lebron can sit in a restaurant for a dinner put egoes aside and say

ok you are coming to my town, im aging Ill get to be the leadr and get more touches the first two years then you will be the leader

i can see it definelty happening.

N if takes trading gsol to cleveland let be it.

shipping bynum woudl make more sense from cavs standopoint anyway

Why would the Lakers trade Gasol to Cleveland to acquire LeBron?

There is no way Kobe & LeBron could work together in the NBA, just like there is no way LeBron & Wade could work together in the NBA. These guys have been accustomed to being the star player and having the ball in their hands in the 4th quarter to win the game. You can't just put two superstars together and expect them to learn how to play with each other. At this point anything they're saying about wanting to win a title together is all talk, usually after their prime has ended and their Franchise is looking at them as being nothing more than an anchor of a contract is when they decide its time to work togethr.

R_O_W_E
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah I know I'm just saying that Dallas didnt have that kind of luxury..but they have themselves to blame...if they only let the Clippers win they would of avoided that matchup.

Dallas couln't match up with Golden State, that doesn't mean that they were expected to lose that series.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Dallas couln't match up with Golden State, that doesn't mean that they were expected to lose that series.

It dosnt matter what people thought...the reality was they just knew how to beat the Mavericks and they had the players to do it...same with the Bobcats...if you dont believe me just watch the history of the Lakers/Bobcats for the past 4-5 years.

JOSKOMANG4
02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
And with Shaq coming off the books Cleveland could still afford to sign one of the other huge free agents. Imagine if Wade went to Cleveland to play with Bynum or Gasol and Mo, Jamison, and the rest of their squad.

MOre than just Bynum for Lebron... It'll have to be Bynum, Artest & a 2011 1st rd pick to get Lebron.

Laker Lineup:

C) Gasol
PF) Odom
SF) Lebron/ L.Walton
SG) Kobe/ S.Vujacic
PG) S.Brown/J.Farmar

BlackMamba#24
02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
This will never happen in a million years.

BlackMamba#24
02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
LeBron and Kobe won't co-exist on the same team.

MJ-BULLS
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
not gonna happen as long as kobe is there. the clippers have a better chance in getting him.

BlackMamba#24
MOre than just Bynum for Lebron... It'll have to be Bynum, Artest & a 2011 1st rd pick to get Lebron.

Laker Lineup:

C) Gasol
PF) Odom
SF) Lebron/ L.Walton
SG) Kobe/ S.Vujacic
PG) S.Brown/J.Farmar

Yeah, if this actually did happen(1,000,000 to 1), then it would probably be Bynum, Artest, two first round picks for LeBron.

Twinsfan24
How would the lakers have the money for this.... i dont see it happening

tr4shb0t
Really?

The league was at its peak in popularity back when there were power house teams like the 80's Lakers and Celtics along with the 90's Bulls and the early 2000's Lakers.

The fact that the NBA has gone to such an extent to try to "balance" the league out to make more money from the smaller market Franchises has hurt the NBA in terms of overall popularity. There is no appeal to a small market team winning a title in the NBA, just look at the irrelevant years between the Lakers' last championship and the Celtics & Lakers winning titles recently.

I'm talking about regular season not playoffs. Regular season is dumbed down and evened out so that fans of some teams who have absolutely no shot think they do have a shot. They may get free wins and different treatment by the refs etc all to fuel hype and increase viewers and merchandise sales.

All I'm saying is that it's not a good business to have one really good team that always wins. At the very least you add Lebron on the Lakers and they still have 15 losses on the season. You're never going to see a 72-10 record again because the nba makes more money if more wins are distributed to smaller market teams. Best way for the nba to hype smaller market teams and expand the bandwaggon is for them to beat elite teams, sometimes legit sometimes not.

BlackMamba#24
not gonna happen as long as kobe is there. The clippers have a better chance in getting him.

+1

Avenged
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah this will never happen. But seriously, Artest, Bynum and a 1st rd pick for Lebron? Lebron is worth WAY more than that.

Cracka2HI!
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm a Clipper fan and just the fact that we play in one of 3 cities Lebron might move to and we have the cap space to get it done excites me even though I know Lebron coming will never happen. However an idea I just stumbled upon the other day while talking to my dad was Lebron going to Lakers being actually more realistic then him going to the Clipps.

This may have already been covered in this thread, but if your Cleveland who would take? Bynum or nothing? Lebron would be inclined to be traded because he can make more money and get that 7th year...a true max deal. I think he only signs a 3 year deal again though. Cleveland could be stubborn and refuse to trade him but getting Bynum back would keep them competetive and give them a great future building block. The main reason I think Lebron to the Lakers is possible though is anytime in history a player like Lebron has been availabe the Lakers have gotten him. As a Clipper fan I hate that...but that's the reality.

Ripper Gein
02-28-2010, 09:42 PM
No big surprise deep down EVERYBODY wants to be a Laker.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 09:43 PM
There will be a lot of fans pi$$ed off if this was to happen...Lakers have been fortunate to win 15 rings....I believe in earning your rings not buying them...thats why the only person I respect from the Lakers is Magic..Kobe is right there too but it makes me mad that he was just given all this great talent for Kwame Brown and a box of Oreos.

Avenged
02-28-2010, 09:47 PM
There will be a lot of fans pi$$ed off if this was to happen...Lakers have been fortunate to win 15 rings....I believe in earning your rings not buying them...thats why the only person I respect from the Lakers is Magic..Kobe is right there too but it makes me mad that he was just given all this great talent for Kwame Brown and a box of Oreos.

You gotta pay the cost to be the boss. :p

thedfactor
02-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Kobe and LeBron on the same team? The rest of the league should just quit.

Ripper Gein
02-28-2010, 09:49 PM
It dosnt matter what people thought...the reality was they just knew how to beat the Mavericks and they had the players to do it...same with the Bobcats...if you dont believe me just watch the history of the Lakers/Bobcats for the past 4-5 years.

Just take what this guy says with a grain of salt remember he's a kings fan so he really doesn't know what it takes to win an NBA championship.:D

prodigy
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Are you saying Mike Brown is a better defensive coach then Avery Johnson?

Where he at now? lol. Mike Brown learned from some of the best. He made wally a decent defender lol. Shoot, even Damon Jones held his own.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Just take what this guy says with a grain of salt remember he's a kings fan so he really doesn't know what it takes to win an NBA championship.:D

Yeah I am a Kings fan..and proud of it!! Ring or no ring I still support my team..I dont jump ships...You got nothing better to say because you would ***** your pants if you played the Bobcats in the playoffs...praying that they would miss every open shot against your team...We'll get there again, sooner than you may think...Im sure you havent even seen even one our games but give us 2-3 years and you'll be buying a Tyreke Evans jersey the moment you go to the mall...so stop talkin to me like a idiot and admit that the Bobcats had your # for 4-5 years and you would lose sleep if you played them in the playoffs.

avrpatsfan
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
He could sign for a MLE if he wanted to take a paycut. But unlikely. If he goes to the Lakes I will stop watching basketball.

Fisher
Bryant
James
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Artest

Lakers_ftw
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM

More like 30:1 Although I'd rather have him wearing a clipper uniform....

Ripper Gein
02-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah I am a Kings fan..and proud of it!! Ring or no ring I still support my team..I dont jump ships...You got nothing better to say because you would ***** your pants if you played the Bobcats in the playoffs...praying that they would miss every open shot against your team...We'll get there again, sooner than you may think...Im sure you havent even seen even one our games but give us 2-3 years and you'll be buying a Tyreke Evans jersey the moment you go to the mall...so stop talkin to me like a idiot and admit that the Bobcats had your # for 4-5 years and you would lose sleep if you played them in the playoffs.

Not really all this just makes you sound like you still havent gotten over the shaq and kobe losses in the playoffs, just breathe and pray that youll wake up tomorrow and be a laker fan.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Never happening. But seeing Magic 2.0 on the Lakers would be great to see.

Ripper Gein
02-28-2010, 10:11 PM

Anyhow arguing with a person like you is pointless i'll just find comfort in the fact that I was born a Laker fan, Lakers Dynasty FTW!

BALLER71
02-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Ummm... did anyone actually read the article?

Never does it mention anything that Lebron said about being a Laker or playing with Kobe. The guy just talks about what it would take for this to happen.

Title of thread is so misleading.

JNA17
02-28-2010, 10:15 PM
You know what's interesting, the lakers have a huge history of getting great players like this.

Like getting kobe from the hornets.
Getting Shaq from the FA.
Getting Kareem.
Getting Wilt Chamberlain.
Getting Bob McAdoo.
Getting Jamaal Wilkes.

Just those examples, and well there is Pau Gasol as well :D.

I'm not saying it will happen, in fact this might mean nothing but who knows, with the lakers, anything is possible.

Saad
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Here's how I see it if this were to go down. LeBron comes to LA for Bynum, he plays behind Kobe for the next 2-4 years, He will be 27-29 in his peak, while Kobe will be 33-35 in his decline, allowing James to take over. I also see 6-7 Championships coming as well :clap:. But I doubt this would happen at all. And this is probably just some sort of attempt to hype up this summer even more. :facepalm:

effen5
02-28-2010, 10:31 PM
This would be bad for the NBA imo

TheKing23
02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow... A LeBron thread without one hate post.

Why?

Because it involves the ludicrous idea that he can could want to join the Lakers. Where would the haters be now? All the Laker fans would be like "we knew all along LeBron was better" if they got him... But it ain't gonna happen in a million years.

Denver-boy
02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
lakers would have Lebron, Kobe, and the Refs.... that team alone could win endless championships

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 10:34 PM

Why?

Because it involves the ludicrous idea that he can could want to join the Lakers. Where would the haters be now? All the Laker fans would be like "we knew all along LeBron was better" if they got him... But it ain't gonna happen in a million years.

LeBron is overrated and a poopy-head

JNA17
02-28-2010, 10:37 PM

lebron likes men up the ***.

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
i will get to **** sienna west, carmella bing, jemmifer aniston, jessica alba, gianna michals.....etc before this happens.

Gianna Michaels is HOT!!!!!!

As for any concern that Lakers fans wouldn't accept LeBron after he and Kobe have had this "blood" rivalry (a bit over-stated I think), that is not a concern. If the Lakers got LBJ and saw Kobe leave, Lakers fans, like almost any fans, would just route for the guy on their team.

showtym24
02-28-2010, 10:44 PM

Why?

If lebron were to be in p&g even he knows who would get the ball with the game on the line.

RaptorizedKevin
02-28-2010, 10:49 PM
LA. needs to clear cap. LOL or lebron signs for the minumum.

Purple&Gold24
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I would have to change my sig. haha...same jerseys...this is just a dream.

JNA17
LA. needs to clear cap. LOL or lebron signs for the MLE.

fixed

TheKing23
LeBron is overrated and a poopy-head

lebron likes men up the ***.

Laker fans display there outstanding maturity once again...

king4day
02-28-2010, 10:55 PM
With all the hate LA fans give to Lebron, why would they want him on their team?
They wouldn't have the money for both Lebron and Kobe unless it were a sign and trade.

Method28
02-28-2010, 11:01 PM

Why?

"I dont care if gotta fly......planes, trains, and automobiles.....you betta have my doughnutssss."

That **** is classic haha :clap:

Hellcrooner
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Lol i imagien if psd woudl ahve existed in 1995

fan:

THERES no way Shaq goes to the lakers

they are over the cap!!!

they have divac!!!1

they suck!!!

why would he leve a contedner who jsut played the finals last eyar as orlando for a team that is pthetic and has not gotten out of he first run sie magic retired?

:D

FEAR US haters.

iggypop123
02-28-2010, 11:28 PM

i thoght jna was a mavs fan?

RaysFan
02-28-2010, 11:42 PM
The funny thing is that I posted this same exact scenario last year. This actually makes sense. I still think there is a 90% chance LeBron stays in Cleveland, but if he does leave then Cleveland will look at the best option for a sign and trade and Andrew Bynum is it because it does 3 things...

1. Gives Cleveland a young and talented piece to build around.

2. The Lakers -Bynum are a team he would probably agree to play for as it gives him his major market and a team ready to win a title right away....no waiting around like he would have to do with the Knicks.

3. It keeps him on his Cleveland max-contract deal, which gives him Millions of extra dollars.

TheKing23
02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Lol i imagien if psd woudl ahve existed in 1995

fan:

THERES no way Shaq goes to the lakers

they are over the cap!!!

they have divac!!!1

they suck!!!

why would he leve a contedner who jsut played the finals last eyar as orlando for a team that is pthetic and has not gotten out of he first run sie magic retired?

:D

FEAR US haters.

You miss the one vital point... Shaq new that Laker team would be his. Kobe still wants to be the main guy. At this point in his career Kobe doesn't want to be relegated to second fiddle, and there is NO WAY LeBron (being the best player in the league) is gonna play second fiddle to ANYONE.

Vee-Rex
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Never gonna happen.

GspLAL
03-01-2010, 12:02 AM

Cavs fan displays his outstanding sarcasm catching skills once again.

still1ballin
03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
I doubt this happens, but never say never.

3 years back if someone would say they would trade Kwameh Brown for Pau Gasol, no one would believe them.

JNA17
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
i thoght jna was a mavs fan?

you *****! :pity:

Paulliwali
03-01-2010, 12:09 AM
If LeBron joined the Lakers i would stop watching basketball because it would be unfair lol. I might start watching baseball or some ****

nah baseball?

yankees? now that is unfair

GspLAL
03-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I think LA is gonna get Dwight Howard when Kobes time is done.

Lakersfanla24
03-01-2010, 12:13 AM
As i have said before NO thanks hes an amazing talent and top 2 player in the league but other than that total Douche bag win your own rings "King" :mad:

Lakersfanla24
03-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I think LA is gonna get Dwight Howard when Kobes time is done.

Be better if we could snag him before kobes done ;) Can you imagine taking 2 franchise centers from orlando :speechless:

Raph12
03-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Lebron wants to play anywhere he thinks he could win a ring... "Lebron can't do it on his own" lol.

JNA17
03-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Be better if we could snag him before kobes done ;) Can you imagine taking 2 franchise centers from orlando :speechless:

orlando would be our ***** haha :D

Ssshbliblibl00p
03-01-2010, 12:30 AM
He'd look much better in a Knicks Jerzey.

ko8e24
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM

lol bro, chill, we were kidding. When you brought up that "i'm surprised there's no lebron bashing", we thought we'd have some fun.

C'mon yo, mad respects for LeBron James. I got no hate against his greatness.

That being said, can't envision him in a Lakers uniform, and I actually would rather have D-Wade in PHil's system than LeBron.

Just my preference.

Lakersfanla24
03-01-2010, 12:47 AM

No one looks good in a knicks jersey anymore :p

JNA17
03-01-2010, 12:52 AM

Well let's let PSD decide that :D.

I found these 3 photos on a website a while ago. Which do you guys like the best?

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/oR8-_/LebronJames2.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/oR8-_/LBJ-6.png

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/kobeowen131/lbjknicks.jpg

(no did not make them)

wileyisTOFU
03-01-2010, 01:02 AM
I would stop watching the nba

Hellcrooner
03-01-2010, 01:31 AM
IM thinking this is a good way to separate the Lakers Fans from the Kobe Fans

Lakers fan like me YEAH man GET HIM!!! Bynum? Gasol? whatever its needed just bring him.

KObe fans ( in tears) No no no no no no My boy is better my boy is god lebron is awuful and he stinks and he... no no no no his mamma is ugly.

philab
03-01-2010, 01:32 AM

This doesn't make much sense.

If a sign and trade is necessary, then the Cavaliers would clearly have some leverage. Otherwise the Lakers wouldn't be able to sign LeBron. Now LeBron could just go somewhere else (not LA or Cleveland), but that's not really the point of this thread.

Bynum would definitely be a centerpiece, but Shannon Brown and/or Odom or some others would be coming along. And that's a price you have to pay as the Lakers.

The Johnson for Diaw trade isn't all that comparable. Phoenix did NOT want to pay Johnson. They had to match the offer, refuse to match and let Johnson go, or pull a sign and trade. Since they clearly weren't going to do the first, they had very little leverage. Here, Cleveland is willing to pay. In any sign and trade they would simply be acting as facilitators (perhaps along with some desire from LeBron not to entirely bankrupt the team). If LA couldn't sign him and wanted him, they'd pay a lot.

ko8e24
03-01-2010, 01:34 AM
IM thinking this is a good way to separate the Lakers Fans from the Kobe Fans

Lakers fan like me YEAH man GET HIM!!! Bynum? Gasol? whatever its needed just bring him.

KObe fans ( in tears) No no no no no no My boy is better my boy is god lebron is awuful and he stinks and he... no no no no his mamma is ugly.

Pau played soft today for most of the game, which is why Phil had to sit his arse down and send him a message at the 4 minute mark of the 4th qtr.

Maybe we should trade Pau Gasol to Taco Bell for one of those tasty, zesty NBA $5 Cheesy Gordita Box.

Maybe when we have enough cap space left over from that trade, then we can sign LeBron this summer. :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
03-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Pau played soft today for most of the game, which is why Phil had to sit his arse down and send him a message at the 4 minute mark of the 4th qtr.

Maybe we should trade Pau Gasol to Taco Bell for one of those tasty, zesty NBA $5 Cheesy Gordita Box.

Maybe when we have enough cap space left over from that trade, then we can sign LeBron this summer. :rolleyes:

You are barking at the wrong person.

as i said

if we need to trade pau for lebron im al for it.

Jaji
03-01-2010, 01:43 AM
I wondered why no one was talking about the Lakers as a possible landing spot for LeBron. Can you imagine him and Kobe on the same team? Would the NBA even allow that?

DodgerBulls
03-01-2010, 01:45 AM

LMAO! It is actually started last season with Yankees.

ko8e24
03-01-2010, 01:49 AM

as i said

I was joking my brotha, you know I was kidding. I always give you a hard time cuz I think you're a cool poster. ;)

My bad yo.

But honestly, I just can't envision this taking place....EVER

Big Quett
03-01-2010, 01:52 AM

How do you figure that? They wouldnt have to trade him. And if they did they could do better then an overpaid Bynum.

This in noway compares to the Hawks Joe Johnson and Suns deal. The Hawks had money under the cap to to sign Johnson. So he was leaving anyway it went the Suns just agreed to get something for him. In this scenario the only way LeBron gets to Laker land is if the Cavs help him. LA doesnt have any money under the cap and dont have the MLE. So why would they send him to LA?

If LeBron said he wanted to be traded to the Lakers the Cavs can just say no and make LeBron look like the bad guy for bailing out on them after all they have done.

still1ballin
03-01-2010, 01:53 AM

as i said

Then you would become a Cavs fan:eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
03-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Then you would become a Cavs fan:eyebrow:
Nope i woudl go on being a laker fan and also want good things to happen to cleveland, as i want them to happen to NY, Port, Mem and Toronto right now as long as those good things ont eman them winning over Lakers. :o

koreancabbage
03-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Kobe + Lebron on the same team = passing of the torch of one of the storied franchises in history.

Kobe + Lebron = 8 straight championships (until turns 38-40) ,(+2, cuz of last year and this years championship- so 10 straight for the Lakers- now there is a dynasty)

E.O.21
03-01-2010, 02:20 AM
This is never ever gonna happen. If for some reason it did, it would be a total slap in the face to kobe bryant

leftymo
03-01-2010, 02:28 AM

While I do agree that the odds are low, just keep in mind the Lakers in the last 50 years have landed Kareem Abdul Jabaar from Milwaukee, Wilt Chamberlain from Philly, Shaq from Orlando...

Kobe from Charlotte

Lebron has gotten close with Lakers owner Jerry Buss, but this was a few years ago.

LA is prone to make a move early than late. I don't think LA will actually do this, but just always remember that the Lakers are the #1 destination for a great majority of NBA Players...

Rodman, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, all lakers at one point. Artest wanted to be a laker two years ago after LA got bounced in the finals.

bchissie
03-01-2010, 02:51 AM

Dont ever compare Marc Gasol to a box of Oreos again

ldc62
03-01-2010, 02:54 AM
He should join the Kings!!! King of Kings baby!!
But if this was to happen I would be very dissapointed in Lebron, I know the Lakers and Celtics are like the Cowboys of the NFL..I know they are the face of the NBA but for christ sake, just get a new coach (like Avery Johnson,Byron Scott,or Sam Mitchell) any of those guys exceeds the intelligence of Mike Brown.

No free agent thats great will sign with the Kings.

What happens if Lebron James does join the Lakers? Who do I hate on now.....;):confused:

stawka
03-01-2010, 04:02 AM
LMAO. If LeBron signs with the Lakers, I'll sell my anal virginity on eBay. I'm THAT confident it won't happen

sp1derm00
03-01-2010, 04:07 AM
It won't happen.

Lebron doesn't really fit with the Lakers at ALL. Lebron has some of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA on the Cavs, he drives and kicks and it makes things easy for both him and them.

Lebron also gets a boatload of assists feeding JJ Hickson and Jamario Moon.

On the Lakers, we HAD Ariza who could finish almost anything you throw up around the rim... but now, we have no one. 3 point shooters? Ours are as streaky as they come. Fisher, Farmar, Sasha, Ammo... they can make them in bunches, but when they're cold, they're useless.

Aust
03-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Obviously the chances are slim. Truth is, I very much dislike LeBron James. Of course, I felt the same about Ron until he donned that LA uniform for the first time. I freakin love the guy now. Could I learn to love Lebron as a Laker?....Of course(but man, it would be weird seeing him and Kobe playing together). :crazy:

djeller1139
03-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Not going to happen. If it did I would stop watching basketball.

todu82
03-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Really can't see it happening. Though if the Lakers got him they'd be a top team for years.

CowboysKB24
03-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.. even Lazenby outlines why it's so unbelievable. It seems like this 'source' was trying to find something to do on a boring weekend.

Your saying he is a complete moron if he didn't know the olympics were on... the greatest hockey game was on... the olympics... did know that?

MR.TRIPDUB
03-01-2010, 09:02 AM
hes just hyping up he freeagency

CowboysKB24
03-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I doubt this is going to happen. Highly. Everyone coach wants a guy like LeBron on their team and same for every owner. That is probably all it is. Everyone likes LeBron's game or even other huge stars. I am sure Buss and Jackson say the same thing about Wade and other greats.

CowboysKB24
03-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Really can't see it happening. Though if the Lakers got him they'd be a top team for years.

It would be ridiculous. Kobe would finish with like 8 rings. LeBron would have 4 with years to go.

RaysFan
03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Why can't people see it happening? If LeBron wants to leave Cleveland and play for a big market, doesn't LA make more sense than New York? LeBron could play for Phil Jackson, win titles, play for one of the 2 more storied franchises in the game, market himself in LA, etc. I think it would be pretty crappy of him to leave Cleveland after all they have done for him but this is assuming he wants to leave so we have to just go down this route. If Cleveland could get Bynum and Artest then you have a decent team. Could this team compete in the East?

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Anthony Parker or someone they sign with the MLE
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Antawn Jamison
C: Andrew Bynum

That seems like a decent team. Shaq would obviously walk, Z would be re-signed, and Cleveland would probably sign someone for the MLE.

RaysFan
03-01-2010, 09:54 AM
But I do agree with many on here who said they would stop watching basketball. I would as well. Not because the Lakers would dominate, but because it would be further confirmation that the NBA will never change. For some reason the Lakers always seem to end up with the superstars. Just in recent history they stole Shaq from LA, had Kobe force his way to the Lakers through a trade, somehow got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, and then they get Artest for the MLE. If they can get the game's biggest star since MJ, just as he enters his prime, then I wouldn't even bother watching the sport for a long time. I think many people would be fed up with the NBA as well.....watching the Lakers get sweetheart deal after sweetheart deal.

D Blue987
03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I would do it for Bynum. If the Lakers got Lebron, it would be godly. Nobody would beat that team...

Anon
03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I love how the first sentence is spent explaining who the hell the guy is. You should believe this guy, he wrote a book about Jerry West. :facepalm:

RaiderLakersA's
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
It won't happen. Never happen.

No, I'm not talking about LeBron going to LA. I'm talking about all of you who say that you'll stop watching the NBA. You are in denial. You won't stop tuning any more than I've stopped watching my beloved Raiders fall in a winless abyss these past 8 years. The sport is in your blood.

Oh sure, you may not want to see LeBron and Kobe together, but don't doubt that it would be interesting. How quickly we all forget the Redeem Team was a 2 - 3 year commitment. I'm sure over that span of time, Kobe and LeBron learned quite a bit about each other. Before the Redeem Team, there were many that thought that Wade and Kobe couldn't co-exist. But when the chips were down and the medal was on the line, they all came together as a TEAM, setting egos aside.

I'm not saying that LeBron will ever come to the Lakers. But I am saying that if he did, it would be all about the names on the front of the jerseys... and the championship banners in the rafters.

Hellcrooner
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
No one ever stops watching soccer because ALL the best players sooner or later join either Barcelona or Real Madrid or Manchester or MIlan.

CAVS21
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
No one ever stops watching soccer because ALL the best players sooner or later join either Barcelona or Real Madrid or Manchester or MIlan.

ummm...people watch soccer??? Anyways as a Cavs fan obviously this would be the worst case scenario BUT if you think about it Kobe is getting a bit older and with LBJ on the floor with him he could absolutely extend his career because he wouldn't have to always carry the load and could eventually do the same thing MJ did and just be basically a dead eye jump shooter...I think Kobe would love it in the long run....but what would Laker fans have to ***** about? They wouldn't have LBJ to hate lol