PDA

View Full Version : Build a Title Contender around a prime/Healthy Yao Ming where he is the best player

JordansBulls
02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Build a Title Contender around a prime/Healthy Yao Ming where he is the best player on the team?

smuffins353
02-28-2010, 07:47 PM
your talking about next season right?

Brooks
Martin
Ariza
Bosh?-S&T w Toronto
Yao

DAAAAMNNN THATS A NASTY TEAM

Jack of Blades
02-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Poor grammar.

unwantedplayer
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
^

Bruno
02-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Considering the Rockets couldn't build a title contender with him as the 2nd best player, I don't know if I can come up with a title contender where he is the best player.

bigsams50
02-28-2010, 08:13 PM
PG: Deron Williams
SG:KOBE
SF:LEbron
PF:Bosh
C:YAO

JordansBulls
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
PG: Deron Williams
SG:KOBE
SF:LEbron
PF:Bosh
C:YAO

So Yao is the best player on the team?

bigsams50
02-28-2010, 08:15 PM
So Yao is the best player on the team?

Didnt see that part. My apologies

Swashcuff
02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
C- Yao Ming
PF- Marcus Camby
SF- Gerald Wallace
SG- Stephen Jackson
PG- Rajon Rondo

HoopsDrive
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Rajon Rondo / Jarrett Jack
Joe Johnson / Manu Ginobili
Lamar Odom / Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer / Charlie Villanueva
Yao Ming / Brendan Haywood

blackjack_119
02-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Yao Ming is the best player in the NBA when his team is in the penalty so a team built around him should have players who draw plenty of fouls and ideally also have the ability to hit perimeter jumps (to either take advantage of (or prevent) double teams against Yao in the post. If you can also score in the post (when Yao forces the other teams Center to defend him outside of the post) that is even better:

PG: Chauncey Billups (Great Perimeter Shooter, good post up ability, gets to the line, strong defender)
SG: Corey Maggette (Best player at getting to the line in the NBA plus Yao can back him up defensively when he takes plays off on defense.)
SF: Shane Battier (Makes up for Maggette's poor defense and can shoot the three)
PF: Chris Bosh (Gets to the line, can shoot and play in the post)
C: Yao Ming (He could be the MVP of the league with that team around him (And he was healthy))

JNA17
02-28-2010, 11:02 PM
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Yao Ming

i win :D

JordansBulls
02-28-2010, 11:19 PM
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Brandon Roy
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Yao Ming

i win :D

Wouldn't Roy or Bosh be considered better?

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Jason Kidd
Caron Butler
Shawn Marion
Carlos Boozer
Yao Ming

masalex1205
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
PG: Billups
SG: Johnson
PF: Josh Smith
C: Yao

*I would rather have Roy, Bosh that's why I didn't include them

Hellcrooner
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
it is not posible.

boshm roy and the such would be inmediately considered better than him

so it is not possible.

in order to win he needs to be second banana to someone like Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Duncan

or be on PAIR as options 1 and 1b with same treatment with Bosh, Roy, Dirk, Pau, Deron, Paul etc etc

clehmun
02-28-2010, 11:56 PM
i'm assuming this is the yao ming who's best or 2nd best center, top 10 player in the nba.

PG: Billups
SG: Battier
SF: Iguodala
PF: Horford

6th: Ginobili

great defenders who can spread the floor at every position.

great finisher/leader in billups since it's hard for a bigman like yao to finish games. he's also the best PG you can have to complement a superstar.

battier, best perimeter defender in the game. can make 3s to spread floor for yao. one of the best role players in the league, the guy just wins.

iguodala, we need some athleticism on the team. he can defend and score. basically a trade of all jacks. him and battier are the "glue guys".

horford, a great defender, rebounder. he has a mid range shot so he doesn't have to clog up the lane for yao. yao's not the best rebounder, so he needs some help there.

yao himself.

ginobili's here to provide leadership, scoring off the bench. he's experienced and clutch. he can be on the floor to close games.

i tried to build a team where yao is no doubt the best player on it. it's also quite realistic as in it doesn't have 5 allstars on it, and they are guys who can play together since their role is not much different from their current roles on their respective teams right now.

JNA17
03-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Wouldn't Roy or Bosh be considered better?

bosh, hell no.

Roy, possibly, but a healthy yao ming is considered the best center in the league, so i say also a no.

Lakersfan2483
03-01-2010, 12:32 AM
PG- Chauncey Billups
SG- Ray Allen
Sf- Shane Battier
PF- Lamar Odom
C- Yao Ming

JordansBulls
03-01-2010, 09:11 AM
bosh, hell no.

Roy, possibly, but a healthy yao ming is considered the best center in the league, so i say also a no.

Why would Bosh not be considered better?

JasonJohnHorn
03-01-2010, 09:42 AM
PG: Rondo (could run a high pick-and-roll with Yao)
SG: Hamilton (great to knock down jumpers when Yao and Rondo draw double teams)
SF: Prince (great defender on the wing)
PF: David Lee (solid rebounder and decent post scorer)

bigsams50
03-01-2010, 09:51 AM
PG: Rondo
SG: Captain Jack
SF: Crash
PF: David Lee

mikantsass
03-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Darren Collison
Joe Johnson
Rudy Gay
LaMarcus Aldridge
Yao Ming

HoopsDrive
03-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Maybe this one:

Chauncey Billups / Jarrett Jack
Ray Allen / Jamal Crawford
Lamar Odom / Ron Artest / Nicolas Batum
Antawn Jamison / Anderson Varejao
Yao Ming / Jermaine O'Neal

Hard to choose between Billups and Rondo now but I'll take the experience as of right now. Billups can run that pick & roll and be a spot-up shooter when they double Yao.

There's a case for JJ over Yao so I went for the current Allen. He can still knock those 3s and will get looks from Billups' drives or Yao kickouts.

Odom is there for that extra assureness on rebounding. On the offensive end, Jamison is going to stay close to the 3 in many plays so Odom gives this team an extra chance to that offensive board. Plus, you can always plug Artest in and let Odom be that incredible 6th man.

Jamison is there to free the paint for Yao. I didn't go for another lumbering big because that would clog the paint too much and make life tougher for Yao, who's our intended #1. Jamison can move outside and knock those jumpers with frequency, which will be another shooter in case they double Yao and for Billups' drive.

Yao is the anchor of this team, both offensively and defensively. No one deserves a double in this team but Yao (in his prime) so he'll give plenty of kickouts to the other guys. There are 3 capable shooters in this team and you can plug the 3-spot with another shooter.

alencp3
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Curry
Johnson
Granger
Griffin
Yao

JordansBulls
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Curry
Johnson
Granger
Griffin
Yao

Are you referring to Blake Griffin when you say Griffin?

Hoopsadvocate
03-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Easy.

Tyreke Evans (20/5/5 point guard)
Joe Johnson (outside shooting threat and decent defender)
Danny Granger (more outside shooting threat :D)
David Lee (Physical power forward doesnt need play run for him to score/be effective and his bad defense is ok with Yao protecting the paint)
Yao (Prime Yao putting up 23/12/3 blks easily anchors this team)

xbrackattackx
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Hinrich/Ridnour
Johnson/Hamilton
Andre/Artest
Brand/Odom
Yao/Robin Lopez

HouRealCoach
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Yao/ Lopez/ Perkins
Boozer/ Camby/ Aldridge
Iggy/ Thornton/ Lewis
Johnson/ B. Gordon/ Morrow
Westbrook/ Hinrich/ Bibby

GiantMetKnick
03-01-2010, 06:42 PM
PG - Jason Kidd or Tony Parker or Tyreke Evans
SG - OJ Mayo or Eric Gordon or Steph Curry or Ray Allen
SF - Gerald Wallace or Ron Artest
PF - Pau Gasol or David Lee
C - Yao Ming

PHX2daDEATH
03-01-2010, 06:56 PM
you forgot one thing.. Yao will never be healthy

JordansBulls
03-01-2010, 08:32 PM
you forgot one thing.. Yao will never be healthy

:speechless:

ldc62
03-01-2010, 08:33 PM
it is not posible.

boshm roy and the such would be inmediately considered better than him

so it is not possible.

in order to win he needs to be second banana to someone like Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Duncan

or be on PAIR as options 1 and 1b with same treatment with Bosh, Roy, Dirk, Pau, Deron, Paul etc etc

Since when was Dirk, Deron and Paul considered second options?

ldc62
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
bosh, hell no.

:facepalm:
How is bosh a hell no, but Roy is a maybe? Bosh > Roy.

JNA17
03-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Why would Bosh not be considered better?

he's a defensive liability and a healthy yao ming is great on defense and offense and is once again, considered the best center in the league.

Bosh on the other hand, is top 5 PF. Which is great and all, but 1 at center is a bit better don't you think?

GspLAL
03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Easy.

Tyreke Evans (20/5/5 point guard)
Joe Johnson (outside shooting threat and decent defender)
Danny Granger (more outside shooting threat :D)
David Lee (Physical power forward doesnt need play run for him to score/be effective and his bad defense is ok with Yao protecting the paint)
Yao (Prime Yao putting up 23/12/3 blks easily anchors this team)

Who's gonna be the voice of the team? If you build a championship team around Yao as the best player I think you need to have someone who can lead vocally and be clutch, aka Billups.

JNA17
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
:facepalm:
How is bosh a hell no, but Roy is a maybe? Bosh > Roy.

because Roy imo is capable of being a number 1 option on a championship team while bosh would really just fit as a 2nd option to me.

also sorry but 4 time all nba team>>>>1 all nba team

alencp3
03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Are you referring to Blake Griffin when you say Griffin?

The one called 'Freak of nature'
Yeah i know he is injury prone.
But when he isnt injured he would be beast:speechless:

randomness
03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Lamar Odom / Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer / Charlie Villanueva

This, but maybe add in Caron Butler somewhere.

Dol-Fan
03-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Caron Butler / Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer / Lamar Odom

Removed Charlie V :)

raptors_fanatic
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
he's a defensive liability and a healthy yao ming is great on defense and offense and is once again, considered the best center in the league.

Bosh on the other hand, is top 5 PF. Which is great and all, but 1 at center is a bit better don't you think?

are u kidding me? im not a homer but im sure everyone agrees w/ me when i say bosh is arguably the best PF in the game right now.....but i would say he's Top 3 FOR SURE! not just Top5.....how are u telling me that a guy who is considered top 10 in the league is only Top 5 at his position.......Im not talking about Bosh and the Raptors, im just talking about BOSH and only BOSH.....dirk is arguablly better, but who else?

HoopsDrive
03-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Caron Butler / Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer / Lamar Odom

Removed Charlie V :)

I'll go with this. I'm not sure if they'll be able to hold up against a good PG-PF combo but it can't be worse than Charlie V on d :rolleyes:

Phool™
03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah I'm pretty Sure Bosh, Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson, etc. are better than Yao Ming. Especially the fact that he is never healthy.

So I don't think there is a way to build a contender around him. Unless he doesn't miss many games, and is not affected by his injuries.

Reyes6
03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Aaron Brooks
Kevin Martin
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh
Yao Ming

Looks good to me.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I think if the Rockets can get Chris Bosh in a sign and trade (and yes, I think Yao is better than Bosh when healthy), the Rockets are contenders with

Brooks/Temple
Martin/Budinger
Ariza/draft pick
Bosh/Hayes
Yao/Anderson

I traded Lowry, Battier, and Scola for Bosh. This lineup would also attract a vet or two looking for a ring