PDA

View Full Version : The Ewing/Barkley/Malone of this generation.

PHX2daDEATH
02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Name 3 players who are hall-famers but won't win a ring before they retire...

First and it pains me to say this.. Steve Nash, unless phoenix makes a big move to aquire a better 3 or 2 and still keep Amare, they won't win.. They can make some noise but even if they got to the finals they wont beat Cleveland or Orlando..

Second, Dirk. Yeah he doesn't have it to carry a team all the way, might get back to the finals if the Lakers fall apart but again I don't see Dirk taking titles away from Lebron and Dwight.

Third, Brandon Roy. Good player, don't think he's winning a title though even if Oden comes back healthy. Now if you put Chris Paul or Deron Williams on the Blazers with Oden/Roy then you are talking Dynasty possibly

zadora5
02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
to early to tell ?

Lil Rhody
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
How about Lebron and Rose....... hahahha this should stir the pot

Paulliwali
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
tracy macgrady!

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Mike James! Sadly, he's currently the greatest player to never win a title.

phlp_bj
02-28-2010, 07:39 PM
iverson

ragee
02-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Dirk?! The MAvs are really good right now and I believe they are one of 3 teams that has a legit chance of beating the Lakers!!!

Brandon Roy?!!! Please don't hate on my Blazers... First of, theya re a very young team... Second, before the non-stop injuries, people had high expectations on our team! Despite all the injuries, we are still in the playoff race!

Miller/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Webster
Aldridge/Howard
Oden/Priz/Camby

Is this lineup not good enough for you?! When healthy, this young team is a force to be reckoned with in the years to come...

momoneyyyy
02-28-2010, 08:26 PM
dirk is gonna win one this year so take him off this list..:rolleyes:

Don Starks
02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Dirk?! The MAvs are really good right now and I believe they are one of 3 teams that has a legit chance of beating the Lakers!!!

Brandon Roy?!!! Please don't hate on my Blazers... First of, theya re a very young team... Second, before the non-stop injuries, people had high expectations on our team! Despite all the injuries, we are still in the playoff race!

Miller/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Webster
Aldridge/Howard
Oden/Priz/Camby

Is this lineup not good enough for you?! When healthy, this young team is a force to be reckoned with in the years to come...

OKC is better

Swashcuff
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
How could you say Roy the guy hasnt even hit his peak and you never know what can happen. Allen Iverson is seemingly the obvious one at this time. :( :( :(

heathonater
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
still alot of young players in the league, but the top ones as of right now to not win a title are lebron, chris paul, and dwight howard. but all three have many years left in there careers so its way too early to say they wont win a title in their careers.

ragee
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
OKC is better

I am not going to agree with you but I am not going to argue either... I like OKC too and there is no way I am going to say bad things about that team! Hope to see you guys in WCF in the next couple of years! :cool:

Meth
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Dirk/Amare/Lebron

blastmasta26
02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Nash, Dirk, Iverson. Iverson's been to the Finals but is never going back, Dirk would've won a title if not for D-Wade and could return but it's doubtful that he will win, Nash was as close as he ever will be when the Suns had D'Antoni and that great lineup.

alexander_37
02-28-2010, 09:39 PM
How the in the ****ing hell do you call Brandon Roy a hall of famer all ready your on crack.

MacFitz92
02-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Dirk has a legit chance to win, IMO

The only teams that have a legit shot at a 'ship are:
Lakers
Dallas
Denver
Cleveland
Orlando

MacFitz92
02-28-2010, 10:20 PM
How the in the ****ing hell do you call Brandon Roy a hall of famer all ready your on crack.

x2

kArSoN RyDaH
02-28-2010, 11:13 PM
idk who cares?lmao

JordansBulls
02-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Name 3 players who are hall-famers but won't win a ring before they retire...

First and it pains me to say this.. Steve Nash, unless phoenix makes a big move to aquire a better 3 or 2 and still keep Amare, they won't win.. They can make some noise but even if they got to the finals they wont beat Cleveland or Orlando..

Second, Dirk. Yeah he doesn't have it to carry a team all the way, might get back to the finals if the Lakers fall apart but again I don't see Dirk taking titles away from Lebron and Dwight.

Third, Brandon Roy. Good player, don't think he's winning a title though even if Oden comes back healthy. Now if you put Chris Paul or Deron Williams on the Blazers with Oden/Roy then you are talking Dynasty possibly

Barkley, Malone and Ewing were all arguable top 3 players in the NBA at one point in time. Not at the same time but each one was at least top 3 in the NBA a few years. Roy is not at that level. Dirk was a top 3 player in the NBA at one time, so I would say he more so fits the bill.

td0tsfinest
02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
There aren't guys like that anymore.

All those guys were physical big men. Now a days its so rare to see a Superstar/Allstar big man be a hardnosed, go after every ball type of players like those guys were. A lot of the big men today are more finesse and technical.

If I had to make somewhat of a comparison, I say Bosh is kinda like Malone, Oden has all the attributes to be like Ewing, Blair has the mentality and attitude of Barkley but no where near the offensive ability of Chuck.

RaptorizedKevin
03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
derrick rose. becaues hes so good.

Evolution23
03-01-2010, 02:11 AM
when oden comes back blazers are going to be contenders..

leftymo
03-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Nash & Dirk definitely... (i almost was wrong about dirk when they went up 2-0, but that was his single best chance to win)

hmm, looking for a HOF'ers that won't win...

I guess Jason Kidd along with Iverson.

I'd prefer to find bigs that won't win, b/c that was the big thing with Barkley, Ewing, etc...

Maybe Amare Stoudemire, Yao Ming?

leftymo
03-01-2010, 02:22 AM

Lakers
Dallas
Denver
Cleveland
Orlando

I don't think Dallas has done anything to earn consideration for a championship. Because they just assembled their team, I think the semi-finals will dictate how much of a threat Dallas really is. If they finish with the #2 seed and beat Denver, then they'll be considered a contender, but b/c they've never been through the wars collectively as a team, they aren't a title contender.

Boston is more of a contender than Dallas.

GoatMilk
03-01-2010, 02:28 AM
the easy 3

Kidd
Dirk
Nash

that's still this generation isnt it?

Avenged
03-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Well Dirk has a CHANCE to win it this year, but that's pretty much it.

Quikdraw
03-01-2010, 02:38 AM
^^ This.

ragee
03-01-2010, 10:39 AM

Lakers
Dallas
Denver
Cleveland
Orlando

Hey , what about the Jazz? Don't think they're legit?

The_Pharouh
03-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Kidd,Dirk,Nash,Iverson

chrism8188
03-01-2010, 10:54 AM
james hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha lol jk

chrism8188
03-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Kidd,Dirk,Nash,Iverson

what about vince carter?

ChicagoRox
03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Kidd, Bosh (he'll be like Ewing on the Knicks as long as he is on the Raptors.), Nash, Melo (like Reggie Miller don't see them passing the Lakers for the next couple years and if the nuggets do, they lose to the east.

PHX2daDEATH
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah excuse me for putting Roy in that.. I really got stumped on the 3rd guy.. He's young and you never know what'll happen with that Portland team.. I Wanted to say A.I. but his career is over unless a title contender picks him after Philly dumps him again..

As much as I hate on Dwight, I think Orlando with Vince has a real good shot at winning the title this year..I'm actually rooting for them in the East because Lebron has become too stuck on himself.. The way I see it is Lebron, Dwight, Melo, Durant and Wade are going to win all the Championships for the next ten to twelve years who ever is not hopping on their ships aint winning anything so I think it would take guys like Amare, Roy, Bosh etc etc.. teaming up with any of those other guys

JasonJohnHorn
03-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Well, McGrady seems on the way to be the George Gervin of his generation (or perhaps 'Nique).

Yao Ming would be the closest thing to Ewing, a fairly dominant center that just can't win.

Amare would be the likely choice for Barkely, though he's not as good a rebounder, he is a great offensive player known for his lack of defence, which Barkely was also known for.

As for Malone, I guess Dirk would be the best choice. Prolific scorer (though again, not as good a rebounder as Malone), who is the first option on his team who never managed to win.

As for Nash, I'd say he's more like the next Stockton, sets up his teammates, but fails to win it all :-(