PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson picked up on suspicion of DUI

69centers
02-28-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/85767692.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUBP7hUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU7 DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

I like Al. This is too bad.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:01 PM
DUI isn't that big of a deal, it's just a misdemeanor.

69centers
02-28-2010, 03:03 PM
DUI isn't that big of a deal, it's just a misdemeanor.

OMG :facepalm:

Tell that to the families of the people who die as a result of drivers who are drunk every year.

jkiddvc20
02-28-2010, 03:10 PM

Tell that to the families of the people who die as a result of drivers who are drunk every year.

Exactly it is a big deal a really big ****ing deal.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:12 PM

I'm talking about the charge itself. :facepalm:

Calm the **** down.

jkiddvc20
02-28-2010, 03:14 PM

Calm the **** down.

Its a real sensitive subject to some people like me and it should be a felony. Drunk driving is one of the worst things you can do.

braveniler58
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM

Calm the **** down.

The charge itself means you drove drunk, which is a big deal.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
The charge itself means you drove drunk, which is a big deal.

The charge itself is a DUI which isn't a big deal as far as the law goes. I'm not talking about the act itself. :facepalm:

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
By the way, get your facts straight. He got a DWI, not a DUI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4954095

Now that's a felony.

MGB
02-28-2010, 03:47 PM
By the way, get your facts straight. He got a DWI, not a DUI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4954095

Now that's a felony.

it's the same thing. it just depends on the state law terminology.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
it's the same thing. it just depends on the state law terminology.

No, it's not even close to being the same thing.

DUI = Driving under influence

DWI = Driving while intoxicated

If it was the same thing then there wouldn't be two different accronyms for the same offense.

Corey
02-28-2010, 04:03 PM

If it was the same thing then there wouldn't be two different accronyms for the same offense.

It IS actually different on a state-by-state basis.

In some states, a DWI is more severe. In those states, a BAC of .07 or under is a DUI, where a .08 or higher is a DWI.

Either way, I agree with 69centers. It's a huge deal regardless.

tredigs
02-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Every state does have their own DUI rules. Apparently his case will not be very severe because he had no priors and he was under a .20; which in Minnesota equates to a "4th degree DUI", which is a misdemeanor. I don't know of any significant difference between a "DWI" and a "DUI" besides semantics, Mavrix. I think you're talking out of your *** here, because I'm pretty sure neither is a felony in any state.

Do yourself a favor and wait until the facts come out before you pass judgement on him. But yeah, obviously a dumb thing to do if he was indeed drunk. We all do stupid **** though, hopefully he learns from this.

MGB
02-28-2010, 05:09 PM

there are several states that don't have both distinctions. they just use one or the other to denote the offense of driving impaired.

JNA17
02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
When will these ****ers learn!? Seriously im sick of the bull crap these players do when they are given 10+ million dollars every year and they just screw around.

How can they be so stupid :facepalm:

Blackjack24
02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
When will these ****ers learn!? Seriously im sick of the bull crap these players do when they are given 10+ million dollars every year and they just screw around.

This.

It's equivalent to horsing around with a loaded gun, and yet no one will ever treat it as such. It's a distorted society that shuns Arenas and Crittenton, and then lets these drunk idiots walk with a slap on the wrist....

tredigs
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Giving someone 10 million dollars doesn't turn them into a saint. They're people, and people make mistakes bud. Again, hopefully he learns from it, because it IS one of the dumber things you can do.

JNA17
02-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Giving someone 10 million dollars doesn't turn them into a saint. They're people, and people make mistakes bud. Again, hopefully he learns from it, because it IS one of the dumber things you can do.

No one is perfect, we all know that from our own experience, but THESE so called "mistakes" like for example delonte west speeding with 2 pistols and a shotgun, that's not a "mistake", that's called STUPIDITY. Just like all these players like this one did.

JNA17
02-28-2010, 06:44 PM
This.

It's equivalent to horsing around with a loaded gun, and yet no one will ever treat it as such. It's a distorted society that shuns Arenas and Crittenton, and then lets these drunk idiots walk with a slap on the wrist....

JR Smith was even drunk driving and ran over someone and got hardly anything for it. I think there was a football player that did the same thing too and only got 30 days where most other people would get 5+ years.

It's one of my huge "BS" gripes about this world, ****ing bullcrap :pity:

Bruno
02-28-2010, 07:22 PM
NOT GOOD. I have him on my fantasy team. As if he wasn't underachieving enough this season already.

iggypop123
02-28-2010, 08:29 PM
keep a lookout on the damn nets. one of them might commit suicide!

td0tsfinest
02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Who here hasn't driven drunk? He just got caught. It's nothing big.

Kakaroach
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
That sucks for him, what a bad decision though. At least the T-Wolves took it seriously and suspended him.

b_rad23
02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Are you sure he wasn't pulled over on suspicion of a career and a value steadily heading down hill?

69centers
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM

:facepalm:

Really hope you're not serious.

JNA17
02-28-2010, 09:59 PM

fail :facepalm:

tredigs
02-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Are you sure he wasn't pulled over on suspicion of a career and a value steadily heading down hill?

Riiiiight. The 24 year old who is one of the premier low post scorers in the NBA is heading down hill because he's still working back from his knee surgery.

"Fail"

WSU Tony
02-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Give me .5% of you salary, Al, and I'll be your permanant driver. Whenever you call, I'll be the driver.

One half of one percent of what Al makes is $50,000 by the way....

JNA17
02-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Give me .5% of you salary, Al, and I'll be your permanant driver. Whenever you call, I'll be the driver.

One half of one percent of what Al makes is $50,000 by the way....

Then i'll do it for for .4% :D