PDA

View Full Version : Shaq possibly out 6 weeks

Swashcuff
02-28-2010, 11:54 AM
According to Brian Windhorst he is probably out for 6 weeks. He said that if it's a partial tear, it'll be somewhere between 2-3 weeks, but if it's a torn ligament it'll probably be 6+ weeks. he also said that the injury looked rather serious so 6+ weeks is what the future looks like for Shaq.

Here's the Link

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/shaquille_oneal_heading_to_bal.html

What does this mean for the cavs?

xbrackattackx
02-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Payback for thinking Z was expendable.

Swashcuff
02-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. Can anybody say Karma is a *****!

xbrackattackx
02-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. Can anybody say Karma is a *****!

I am not a Cavs fan but Z has been a 100% loyal to that club and they just ship him out to get younger talent. They should have sent Shaq out and bought him out someone who wasn't tied to the franchise.

Swashcuff
02-28-2010, 12:05 PM
I am not a Cavs fan but Z has been a 100% loyal to that club and they just ship him out to get younger talent. They should have sent Shaq out and bought him out someone who wasn't tied to the franchise.

Loyalty doesnt mean squat in sports anymore plus Z probably had now problem with it. Showing his loyalty even more. At the end of the day its whats best for the franchise not the player.

Kakaroach
02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Tough news, but of course there is the whole thing about how they might play better without Shaq so it might be good news. It gives Jamison some time to shine anyway.

Lakers4ItAll
02-28-2010, 12:14 PM
the NBA is a business 1st and players know this so Z being traded isn't that big of a shocker. As far as Shaq goes I really hope he retires after this season.

JermanJaysFan
02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfISb8lv9U

Swashcuff
02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm just waiting for the Kobe vs. Shaq. Oh if Kobe can play with a broken finger why cant Shaq do it. Lol!

Young and Stupid
02-28-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfISb8lv9U

Well-played sir, beat me to it.

"I've been seeing this 9-year old on and off. I may have gotten it from her, she has a rash on her *****."

Wilson
02-28-2010, 12:37 PM
If they don't get Big Z back it could cost the Cavs a few games here and there. I wouldn't expect it to set them back too much though, they can just go small ball for now. As long as Shaq is back for the play-offs all will be dandy in Cleveland.

TheKing23
02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
It comes at probably the best time possible for us... Look at our schedule for March:

1/3 vs New York
3/3 @ New Jersey
5/3 vs Detroit
6/3 @ Milwaukee
8/3 vs San Antonio
12/3 @ Philadelphia
14/3 vs Boston
16/3 @ Detroit
17/3 vs Indiana
19/3 @ Chicago
21/3 vs Detroit
24/3 @ New Orleans
26/3 @ San Antonio
28/3 vs Sacramento
31/3 vs Milwaukee

I can see us winning all the games I bolded and we would still be the favorites in the games I left. Even without Shaq, I can see us going something like 13-2 in the month of March.

It could be a blessing in disguise... The Cavs have been playing some of their best ball when running small, Hickson still gets his minutes, Jamison gets more touches and more acclimated to the offense and Shaq gets a nice long rest before the playoff push...

ManRam
02-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah. Their schedule is easy. They'll get Z back in a few weeks. Shaq will be fresher for the playoffs. I wouldn't be too worried if I'm a Cavs fan.

Giraffes Rule
02-28-2010, 01:49 PM
The only thing the Cavs need Shaq for is to match up against Dwight Howard in the play offs. This doesn't hurt them at all. Just gives their other big men more time and Jamison a chance to really fit in.

nanablvd
02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
I would be surprised if Big Z does not return to the Cavs when they need him the most. It also means that they may lose their home court advantage to the lakers unless the lakers continue to play lackadaisically which I doubt.

Gibby
02-28-2010, 02:05 PM
i dont think its a big deal. There has been even debate, if cavs play better without shaq. He will be back well in time for the playoffs. There are going to get Big Z back in a few weeks. Cavs will still finish with the best record in the nba.

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
prolly good for the Cavs. Shaq gets his much needed rest at age 38 before the playoffs, and he's only gonna help the Cavs in one playoffs series, and that's against Dwight and the Magic.

RocketsRule
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
prolly good for the Cavs. Shaq gets his much needed rest at age 38 before the playoffs, and he's only gonna help the Cavs in one playoffs series, and that's against Dwight and the Magic.

Yeah, agreed. Shaq needs the rest at this stage in his career and with their stacked front-court (assuming Big Z is returning) I see no cause for concern.

akay47
02-28-2010, 02:16 PM
This is definitely a blessing in disguise, Shaq gets to rest, Z is resting right now, we'll have 'em both fresh for the playoffs. Cavs have a pretty easy schedule in March, we should be fine

leftymo
02-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Of all the injuries to occur to a 38 year old shaq, i didn't think it would be his thumb to knock him out for the stretch run.

Cavs are playin well and have a favorable schedule to repeat as #1 in the NBA. Even without a legit center for the next several weeks. The big question will come in the playoffs when teams try to keep the ball out of Lebron's hands...who steps up?

LeBrowns
02-28-2010, 04:28 PM

The Cavs don't need Z or Shaq right now. This is a great time to keep giving Hickson quality minutes and letting Brown decide who he wants for the playoffs. The Cavs didn't even go on their run against Boston until after Shaq was out of the lineup. Their presence won't be crucial til the playoffs.

bigsams50
02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
They really only need Shaq for Orlando and LA so i dont think they will miss him much

Cavs_Fan24
02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Dang that hurts. It's alright though as long as we get Z back.

phxman22
02-28-2010, 05:06 PM
They really only need Shaq for Orlando and LA so i dont think they will miss him much

pretty much. I expect them to do better with shaq out of the lineup.