PDA

View Full Version : Other than the primary superstar who needs to play well for these teams to win ......

JordansBulls
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Other than the primary superstar who needs to play well for these teams to win the title this year?

LA Lakers
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando
Denver
Atlanta
Dallas

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
LA Lakers- Pau Gasol
Boston- Kevin Garnett
Cleveland- Shaq
Orlando- Vince Carter
Denver- JR Smith
Atlanta- Josh Smith
Dallas- Brendan Haywood

cantstopthee
02-27-2010, 06:26 PM
LA Lakers- Pau Gasol
Boston- rondo
Cleveland- mo
Orlando- rashard
Denver- chauncy
Atlanta- smith
Dallas- kidd

pretty much the pg needs to be doing stuff

Daze9900
02-27-2010, 06:32 PM
LA Lakers - Lamar Odom the bench is the weakness and he needs to bring it. Pau is Pau and their line is so good that if Pau is not playing well they can go to Bynum. I haven't seen a game where both were silenced. The pressure is not on Pau.

Boston - Rasheed Wallace. We know what the big 3/4 is capable of. You said you thought this team could win 70 games. Now you are taking as much 3 pointers as Ray Allen. Let him take the 3's and play your game. Get inside, and play tough defense.

Cleveland - I might say it's a toss-up between Verajao and Mo Williams or both of them. Verajao's minutes are going to be cut but he hustles so much and provides a much needed toughness. If they do get to the Lakers in a final his defense will be so valuable because who knows if they will be able to sign big Z. At some point he will have to guard Pau or Bynum and Howard before they could even think about an nba finals. Mo needs to play like an all-star.

Orlando - Step up Raashard lewis. Teams will double up Dwight. If Vince is hot they might double him too. I don't think teams fear Rashaard this year. If they can have him stretching the perimeter then this team will be as deadly as they were last year. I think the spacing is what they miss from Hedo's game which is probably why we see alot more Reddick this year.

Denver - Nene. I think you already know that Melo Carmelo Martin Birdman Jr Swish are going to bring it. Anyone in the west will have to get through LA so I'm just going to hammer back the point that who ever is playing inside has to play well to have a realistic chance.

Atlanta - Jamal Crawford. He needs to get absolutely red hot for this atlanta team to be a serious title contender. He has shown in the past that he is not afraid to take big shots. He is the player that gives this team a different edge this year. We knew what they were last year. A team that matches up well against the C's but really the fourth best team in the east on most nights. Being a Knicks fan I got to see first hand that even though he was the man on a losing team, if that team did win any games it was because he carried them on his back. When he is rolling he is fun to watch.

Dallas - They have so many weapons its not even funny. Dirk is the leader of this team. I love how Haywood has given them an inside presence. Butler provides a spark. I haven't been hearing about Marion that much this year. I would put the honus on him to just be that Olympic guy once again and this team would be tough to beat.

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Great thread idea.

LA Lakers- Pau Gasol
Boston- Kevin Garnett
Cleveland- Shaq
Orlando- Vince Carter
Denver- JR Smith
Atlanta- Josh Smith
Dallas- Brendan Haywood

Haywood really? Why? He doesn't do much offensively and they still have Dampier. I don't see him making or breaking the series.

LA Lakers- Pau Gasol
Boston- rondo
Cleveland- mo
Orlando- rashard
Denver- chauncy
Atlanta- smith
Dallas- kidd
pretty much the pg needs to be doing stuff

Solid list.

LA Lakers - Lamar Odom the bench is the weakness and he needs to bring it. Pau is Pau and their line is so good that if Pau is not playing well they can go to Bynum. I haven't seen a game where both were silenced. The pressure is not on Pau.

Boston - Rasheed Wallace. We know what the big 3/4 is capable of. You said you thought this team could win 70 games. Now you are taking as much 3 pointers as Ray Allen. Let him take the 3's and play your game. Get inside, and play tough defense.

Cleveland - I might say it's a toss-up between Verajao and Mo Williams or both of them. Verajao's minutes are going to be cut but he hustles so much and provides a much needed toughness. If they do get to the Lakers in a final his defense will be so valuable because who knows if they will be able to sign big Z. At some point he will have to guard Pau or Bynum and Howard before they could even think about an nba finals. Mo needs to play like an all-star.

Orlando - Step up Raashard lewis. Teams will double up Dwight. If Vince is hot they might double him too. I don't think teams fear Rashaard this year. If they can have him stretching the perimeter then this team will be as deadly as they were last year. I think the spacing is what they miss from Hedo's game which is probably why we see alot more Reddick this year.

Denver - Nene. I think you already know that Melo Carmelo Martin Birdman Jr Swish are going to bring it. Anyone in the west will have to get through LA so I'm just going to hammer back the point that who ever is playing inside has to play well to have a realistic chance.

Atlanta - Jamal Crawford. He needs to get absolutely red hot for this atlanta team to be a serious title contender. He has shown in the past that he is not afraid to take big shots. He is the player that gives this team a different edge this year. We knew what they were last year. A team that matches up well against the C's but really the fourth best team in the east on most nights. Being a Knicks fan I got to see first hand that even though he was the man on a losing team, if that team did win any games it was because he carried them on his back. When he is rolling he is fun to watch.

Dallas - They have so many weapons its not even funny. Dirk is the leader of this team. I love how Haywood has given them an inside presence. Butler provides a spark. I haven't been hearing about Marion that much this year. I would put the honus on him to just be that Olympic guy once again and this team would be tough to beat.

Not bad. I agree with the Hawks assessment.

LA Lakers- Pau Gasol (we've already seen them win with an underperforming Bynum so I think this is a no brainer)
Boston- Ray Allen
Cleveland- Shaq
Orlando- Vince Carter - if he plays bad they are screwed.
Denver- Billups - see above
Atlanta- Jamal Crawford
Dallas- Caron Butler - he will either elevate them to WCF by playing well or they could get bumped 2nd round by a team like the Spurs if he underproduces.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-27-2010, 06:50 PM
LA Lakers - Ron Artest...defense wins championships
Boston - Ray Allen...he needs to get his shooting touch back
Cleveland - Mo Williams...needs to be consistent every night
Orlando - Vince Carter...nuff' said
Denver - Chauncy Billups...when he's red hot nobody can't stop that team
Atlanta - Josh Smith...defense
Dallas - Jason Terry...needs to be more consistent