PDA

View Full Version : 2010 nba draft class

mp3
02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Is it just me or is this draft class extremely weak, there are only about three names i feel could possibly reach all star levels, wall cousins and turner. If you have picks 4 through 20 i feel like your getting pretty much the same value. what happen...

kozelkid
02-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I, on the other hand, think it's very strong.
In any draft, there is generally few players that have allstar potential. The fact that there are possibly 3-4 is pretty damn good. This draft is very deep in big man and perimeter players imo. The fact that by late lottery you have a chance at guys like Xavier Henry, Willie Warren, Avery Bradley, Cole Aldrich, Craig Brackins, James Anderson, etc makes me think it's very deep.

td0tsfinest
02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Cousins is alright. I really Like Wesley Johnson man. I think he could a stud in this league. Hassan Whiteside could be a defensive threat.

mp3
02-27-2010, 05:33 PM
I, on the other hand, think it's very strong.
In any draft, there is generally few players that have allstar potential. The fact that there are possibly 3-4 is pretty damn good. This draft is very deep in big man and perimeter players imo. The fact that by late lottery you have a chance at guys like Xavier Henry, Willie Warren, Avery Bradley, Cole Aldrich, Craig Brackins, James Anderson, etc makes me think it's very deep.

lmao at your video, i just saw that like two days ago, so funny, but you could be right, there is more younger guys than 3 or 4 year guys in this draft

kozelkid
02-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Cousins is alright. I really Like Wesley Johnson man. I think he could a stud in this league. Hassan Whiteside could be a defensive threat.

I really doubt Whiteside enters this draft. Even he thinks it's unlikely and he'd be dumb to. He's far too raw and could probably go number one next year.
As for Wesley Johnson, he's an interesting player. His attitude can use work, but I think he can be a Marion type player. Problem with this draft is there are so many players with high potential but awful attitudes, like Cousins, Favors and Johnson.

lmao at your video, i just saw that like two days ago, so funny, but you could be right, there is more younger guys than 3 or 4 year guys in this draft

Haha thanks.
Ya, I honestly have seen such varied opinions on this draft and it can be anywhere from good to great. Like I just said, 3 of the top 5 guys are major question marks where they can be stars in this league or major busts.

abe_froman
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
your comment about 4-20 is more of a good thing,than bad i think.getting value in the mid/late first round thats akin to a lotto pick means its a very deep class.

and yes there's only 2,3 guys with star potential...but thats on par with most classes(classes like 84,96,03;where there are 4/5 stars are extremely,extremely rare)

Hellcrooner
02-27-2010, 05:51 PM
that what people always says bout draft classes it happened two years ago and this year too.

and go figure after a while it does not look that bad.

Beware MOntejunas tough he is the next Tkisvilli

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Wall, Turner, Cousins all look like nice prospects for a top 3 pick. Aldrich and wesley Johnson also look pretty decent, then theres Derrick Favors too.

kozelkid
02-27-2010, 06:03 PM
that what people always says bout draft classes it happened two years ago and this year too.

and go figure after a while it does not look that bad.

Beware MOntejunas tough he is the next Tkisvilli

Really? I mean I've seen little of him, but he absolutely dominated in the world vs US team.

Wall, Turner, Cousins all look like nice prospects for a top 3 pick. Aldrich and wesley Johnson also look pretty decent, then theres Derrick Favors too.

Honestly, I can't stand Favors. I see bust written all over that pick.

Denver-boy
02-27-2010, 06:11 PM
ricky rubios back, wall, cousins.....etc. not bad. not weak though

Public Enemy #1
02-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Thats what they said about the 2009 draft class and its been a damn good season for a lot of rookies. Standouts don't always come out of the first round. Surprises will show up in the 2010 draft class as well. The players are getting better every year, just because they don't get the hype or play on a big team doesn't mean they won't do well in the NBA. Same with the players that were okay in college and then turn into all stars in the NBA

JWO35
02-27-2010, 07:05 PM
This Draft class is very strong IMO, there will be alot of good players drafted in the 2nd round...like last draft.

philab
02-27-2010, 07:42 PM
ricky rubios back, wall, cousins.....etc. not bad. not weak though

Rubio's not in the draft, and he might not even be in the NBA next year.

cwilson21
02-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I think this is a very good draft. A lot of talent will be found in not only the latter part of the first round but in the 2nd was well.

Chacarron
02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
There are many PGs that can be good right away too that may not necessarily be drafted by a lottery team, for example: Scottie Reynolds, Kalin Lucas, Ishmael Smith.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Is it just me or is this draft class extremely weak, there are only about three names i feel could possibly reach all star levels, wall cousins and turner. If you have picks 4 through 20 i feel like your getting pretty much the same value. what happen...

I disagree. This draft is loaded

Famous6
02-27-2010, 10:49 PM
wesley johnson is gonna be a star
wes,wall,turner and cousins all have all star potential, maybe even derrick favors on the right team

xbrackattackx
02-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I think it's a overall solid Draft Class a few people are above the others but overall solid.

xbrackattackx
02-27-2010, 10:51 PM
wesley johnson is gonna be a star
wes,wall,turner and cousins all have all star potential, maybe even derrick favors on the right team

Yes very very big potential in that group you listed.

junion
02-27-2010, 10:56 PM
i don't think the 2010 draft will be weak. it'd be like this season's draft picks. it seemed like it's only blake griffin then whoever else, but we've seen so far that there's a lot of stars and potential stars... along with duds - thabeet.

i think that wall will be good, and any given pick after that could be a dud or a stud - similar to this year's

jimbobjarree
02-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I really want that evan turner kid in Utah

kozelkid
02-28-2010, 01:21 PM
i don't think the 2010 draft will be weak. it'd be like this season's draft picks. it seemed like it's only blake griffin then whoever else, but we've seen so far that there's a lot of stars and potential stars... along with duds - thabeet.

i think that wall will be good, and any given pick after that could be a dud or a stud - similar to this year's

Na, this year's destroys last years rather easier. Going into the draft, not many thought Evans' had star potential.
This year's, there are expected to be 3-5 players with star potential. After Griffin in 09, none of the players really were expected to be stars. Of course, it turned out different as Evans and Curry both prove to possibly be more than simply above average role players, but going into this years draft, there's much more hype following Wall.

The_Pharouh
02-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I think it will be really good

MJ-BULLS
02-28-2010, 01:41 PM
this draft class is very strong imo, as already mentioned with players like cousins, wall, favors, henry brackins, and aldrich.