PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Deadline Playoffs: #1 Utah Jazz vs #4 San Antonio Spurs

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 03:49 PM
This season we did a mock trade deadline in which users on this site took over as GM's of every team in the NBA. The goal was to improve your team the most before the real life trade deadline. The users then voted on playoff seedings of the other conference, and now its up to you to vote for who wins each matchup.

Please remember that this is just a game and there is no reason to vote for a team just because thats actually your favorite team in real life. Everybody worked really hard on their teams and it's only fair that you judge each team based on that teams talent, not that teams name.

At the bottom each team has sent in a write up explaining why they feel they would win the series. Please read each writeup before you make your decision, to be fair to the GM's who wrote it.

Utah has the homecourt advantage due to being the higher seed.

Utah Jazz Lineup

Kirk Hinrich/Sergio Rodriguez/Dee Brown
Dwyane Wade/Ronnie Price/Morris Almond
Nicolas Batum/Matt Carroll/Eduardo Najera
Kevin Garnett/Craig Smith/Pops Mensah-Bonsu
Kendrick Perkins/Jeff Foster

San Antonio Spurs Lineup

Mehmet Okur - Antonio McDyess - Ronny Turiaf
Tim Duncan - Charlie Villanueva - Ronny Turiaf
Shane Battier - Quinton Ross - Desmond Mason
Ronnie Brewer - Manu Ginobili - Kyle Weaver
Tony Parker - George Hill - Rodrigue Beaubois

Utah Jazz Writeup:
The Spurs are definitely one of the stronger teams in this mock, but I still have confidence that we are stronger than them, and would win over a 7 game series.

They've built a solid core, but pretty much everyone on their team has struggled up to this point in the season, with the exception of Tim Duncan, which will most likely make our task a little easier.

At the point guard position they undoubtedly have the advantage. Tony Parker is quick, he can get into the lane pretty much at will. I think his inability to shoot definitely hurts this Spurs starting line up though, especialy with Brewer alongside him in the back court. They only really have Battier to spread the floor, especialy with Memo having the shocking year he's having, so this again makes our jobs easier at the defensive end. Hinrich is well respected on defense, so I expect him to make life hard for Parker, and hopefully turn it into the physical battle Parker hates. If he can deny the lane to Parker the series is there for the taking. Offensively, Hinrich is always there to spread the floor with his ability to shoot, which opens it up for our superstars to go inside.

The battle on the wings is big for us. Ronnie Brewer has been terrible this year, a down year offensively, and has never quite turned into that man to man defender the Jazz expected, just a steals artist, and destroyed by Wade everytime they play the Jazz (I'm sure Heat fans have some fond memories of Jazz games). He cant defend Wade, but I expect them to place Battier on Wade. Granted he's a top top defender, Wade has put up an average of 27 points 7.5 assists and 4 steals in games against Battier this season, so I dont expect any drop off whatsoever in Wade's production, I actually think he will elevate his game to the next level as he is the star of this team. Manu is decent coming off the bench, but with nobody for Nicky Batum to guard we'll put the guy on Manu, long, athletic, should cause a problem for the aging Manu, if he still has legs by the 2nd round that is. We have the stronger wing, and Wade will be the man of this series, book it.

The key area for me is the front court, we win big downlow which will have a huge effect on this series. Mehmet Okur is a back up center at best. He is just points, he does nothing else, and this season his points havnt even been there either. We will most likely have Garnett follow him, but honestly he isnt a threat, he couldnt even get double figures against Garnett and KP43 this season. The big problem is Tim Duncan. We can throw either guy at him, KP43 or Garnett to slow him down. He will most likely average his usual 15-18 a game in this series, cancelled out by Garnett's scoring most likely. We also have the savvy Jeff Foster to bring in off the bench to reinforce us on the glass and defensively. Charlie Vil is a big name off the bench, but like Okur he isnt going to come inside of our paint, even against our bench, no chance. He will have to rely on that outside shot he has been struggling with lately (lol 6.6ppg in his last 5, scary). I'd actually take Craig Smith in the bench power forward match up, hustle, power, going for 8 points 4 boards in 16mpg, with his size I could even play him at center and it wouldnt be a problem.
On the other end, KG will get his usual points, I dont see either Tim Duncan or Memo being able to guard him sufficiently, especialy with his mid range J. Perkins will destroy Okur down low, Memo gives up position wayyyy too easily, matador defense at its finest for whoever he's guarding. I can actually see the Spurs giving up on Memo mid way through the series and going with one of their bench players.

Overall in the match ups we win, we win by the bigger margin for sure with Wade and in the front court. Wade is the wildcard in this one, and my money says he goes off and averages in the mid thirties to get the job done, with a supporting cast that can play the best defense, I wouldnt bet against him. We can both play solid defense, but I dont see the Spurs having the players that can take over winnable games and get them the W down the stretch, a problem they have had all season. The key match up for them is how well Parker does against Hinrich, if Hinrich can slow him down they have no chance.

good luck to BB though, I hope this doesnt get ugly.

San Antonio Spurs Writeup:
On to round two, where I face an excellent team in the top seeded Utah Jazz.

While they are the #1 seed and we are the #4 seed, its not uncommon for the #4 seed to win and we feel that this is a great matchup for our team.

We feel like our depth and the things our players do on both sides of the floor will help us overcome Dwyane Wade and the Utah Jazz.

I'm not one to get into the one on one matchups, but its a pretty significant part of this series.

Tony Parker vs Kirk Hinrich - While I'm a fan of Hinrich his game hasn't been the same for awhile now. He can still play solid defense and hit 3's but Tony Parker is significantly better than him and I believe would give him a ton of trouble in this series. Hinrich will be forced to play heavy minutes because he doesn't have a quality backup, while Parker has one of the very best backups in the NBA in George Hill.

Ronnie Brewer/Shane Battier vs Dwyane Wade/Nicolas Batum - I feel this part should be done as a duo due to the fact that both Battier and Brewer will spend time on Wade. Both are big, strong, quick defenders who are gonna make things difficult on Wade. Battier will get him for the majority of the time on the floor but on switches and in instances in which Brewer guards Wade there remains a very good defender on him, which we feel is important. Much like Kobe and Lebron last series Wade will put up his numbers due to the fact he doesn't have alot of offensive help, but he won't do it easily.

Tim Duncan vs Kevin Garnett - You look at this matchup and you think its a even matchup with two of the best PF's in the NBA, but Garnett has really fallen off this year. Due to his injury and probably due to him getting up there in age he hasn't been very good, averaging just 14 points and 7 rebounds. He hasn't scored 20 points in a game since December 18th, 2009 and while he may look like a great #2 option to Dwyane Wade, he can't be counted on to be that anymore.

Duncan on the other hand is putting up another great season averaging 19/11/2 and anchoring the Spurs defense. Even in a bad game like when he had just 8 points against Indiana last week he still managed to pull down 26 rebounds in that game.

We feel the PF spot is a big advantage to us, despite what it looks like from the outside.

Mehmet Okur vs Kendrick Perkins - Im sure the Jazz GM will make sure to tell everyone how Mehmet Okur is having a down year, but in his down year he is putting up numbers very very similar to Kevin Garnett. So if Okur as our second option big is putting up the same numbers as their #1 big man, how can ya really bash Okur?

Anyways, Okur's role in this series is to stretch the defense and keep both KG and Perkins from clogging the paint. It allows Duncan space to operate 1 on 1, which is always a mismatch. If they decide to double down on Duncan, Okur is a great outside shooter and will certainly make them pay.

On the defensive end Okur will guard Perkins, which isn't much of a task. I believe guarding Okur will give the Jazz more problems than guarding Perkins will give us problems. If somehow Okur was to become a defensive liability and wasn't helping us, we have the options to go to several veteran frontcourt options off the bench in Antonio McDyess, Charlie Villanueva and Ronny Turiaf. The frontcourt is a giant edge for us in this series.

Bench Play: This in my opinion is what really breaks the series open.

Our 6th man is Manu Ginobili, who started off the season slowly but has gotten healthy recently and has averaged about 20 a game for the month of February. He says he is finally healthy and feels great, and its starting to show.

Our 7th man is Charlie Villanueva, who will be great off the bench for us as a offensive threat spelling Tim Duncan or even working next to him. He is another guy who is very versatile and can draw defenders away from Timmy.

Add in a great veteran who can score and rebound in Antonio McDyess, one of the best bench guards in the NBA in George Hill and a top notch defender, rebounder and shot blocker in Ronny Turiaf and our bench is stacked. Quinton Ross can also come in and provide good perimeter defense if Battier/Brewer needs a break.

The Jazz bench doesn't provide much at all. Jeff Foster is a solid player, but I honestly don't even know if he counts since he is out for the season. Even if he does, he is getting up there in age and has really fallen off.

Sergio Rodriguez, Ronnie Price and Matt Carroll are their backup guards...none of which has done anything of note this season and should even be in a playoff rotation.

Their best bench player is Craig Smith, who honestly isn't any better than our 3rd big off the bench Ronny Turiaf.

I just don't see how the Jazz would score. Even if Wade averaged 30 a game and KG somehow averaged 20 a game, who else would score for them? Hinrich will give ya 10-15 PPG possibly, and thats about it.

Jimbob did a good job with the Jazz but I feel this series is a terrific matchup for us and we should advance to the next round.

Good luck, may the best team win.

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 03:56 PM
This series is pretty simple to me...

Tony Parker has a big advantage on Kirk Hinrich. Even George Hill off the bench could be considered better than Kirk Hinrich right now, he has really been good this season.

Dwyane Wade is their superstar, but we have two very good perimeter defenders to throw at him. He wont have it easy.

Then Duncan vs KG is a big win for us, KG has been pretty average this year.

Okur isn't a good defender but Perkins doesn't have the offense to make him pay for that. Okur will give Perkins more trouble offensively staying on the outside than Perkins will give Okur.

Then the benches are like night and day. San Antonio arguably the best, most versatile bench in the NBA vs a bench that doesn't have one player who you can trust to play consistent minutes or give you anything.

Lets break down the scoring for the Jazz. Who would do it?

I will be generous and say Wade averages 30 a game. Thats alot.

I will be generous again and say KG averages 20 a game, which is 6 more than he really averages.

I will give Hinrich 15, which once again is more than he actually averages.

Thats 65 PPG. Who else will score? Perkins and Batum certainly cant be counted on to score with any consistency and they dont have any scorers off the bench.

With how well San Antonio would play defensively I just dont see how Utah could score enough to hang around. Especially with no bench help at all.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 03:56 PM
home court+Jazz=win

lets go with defense

I also forgot to say, that with stopping Tony Parker's penetration being the key to us, and Brewer having 0 offensive game, we can either put Wade on Parker or Hinrich, or both if necessary. Brewers inability to be a threat also allows Wade to hastle Duncan downlow for steals, which Duncan is succeptable to.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 03:57 PM
^DWade goes for 35-8-5 in this series. Book it. :nod:

JNA17
02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
can't believe the lakers actually lose the first round :speechless:

but anyway, jazz.

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
^DWade goes for 35-8-5 in this series. Book it. :nod:

So what, your team as a whole would score 80 PPG? The scoring just isn't there. How do people not see this? You have Wade, a broken down KG averaging 14 a game, and nobody else you can trust to consistently score. Even if Hinrich put in 15 a game, which is more than he actually averages, your team would still score like 80 points a game. Against our defense there is no way you'd score enough to win.

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 04:02 PM
This series is pretty simple to me...

Tony Parker has a big advantage on Kirk Hinrich. Even George Hill off the bench could be considered better than Kirk Hinrich right now, he has really been good this season.

Dwyane Wade is their superstar, but we have two very good perimeter defenders to throw at him. He wont have it easy.

Then Duncan vs KG is a big win for us, KG has been pretty average this year.

Okur isn't a good defender but Perkins doesn't have the offense to make him pay for that. Okur will give Perkins more trouble offensively staying on the outside than Perkins will give Okur.

Then the benches are like night and day. San Antonio arguably the best, most versatile bench in the NBA vs a bench that doesn't have one player who you can trust to play consistent minutes or give you anything.

Lets break down the scoring for the Jazz. Who would do it?

I will be generous and say Wade averages 30 a game. Thats alot.

I will be generous again and say KG averages 20 a game, which is 6 more than he really averages.

I will give Hinrich 15, which once again is more than he actually averages.

Thats 65 PPG. Who else will score? Perkins and Batum certainly cant be counted on to score with any consistency and they dont have any scorers off the bench.

With how well San Antonio would play defensively I just dont see how Utah could score enough to hang around. Especially with no bench help at all.

Didn't you already do a writeup?

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Didn't you already do a writeup?

This is just ridiculous. You people aren't even looking at the rosters and thinking logically. There is no way he has enough talent to score enough points to win this series. He has Wade, broken KG, a decent Kirk Hinrich and thats it.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Wade will go off for points and we bully you inside and we play solid defense. You have a go at our offense outside Wade, but who have you got thats going to light us up? Parker? Wade+solid cast that play defense+home court= series win baby, I think alot of other Wade fans would probably back me up on that one.

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Wade will go off for points and we bully you inside and we play solid defense. You have a go at our offense outside Wade, but who have you got thats going to light us up? Parker? Wade+solid cast that play defense+home court= series win baby, I think alot of other Wade fans would probably back me up on that one.

You totally pretty much just ignored the question. Our defense is top notch.

Seriously, outside of Wade, broken KG and Hinrich will give you anything offensively?

We have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Mehmet Okur, George Hill, Charlie Villanueva and Antonio McDyess. Who do you have that can score?

You'd be lucky to average 85 PPG against a average defensive team, much less ours.

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Kirk Hinrich(14) / Sergio Rodriguez (6)
Dwyane Wade(30) / Ronnie Price (4)
Nicolas Batum (9) / Matt Carroll (3)
Kevin Garnett(17) /Craig Smith (8)/
Kendrick Perkins (9)/Jeff Foster ( 6)

= 106

:)

TheKing23
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I got Utah in 6.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Wade will get us 30+, that right there is as much as Parker+Duncan will get a night, whilst probably also getting the assists these two have combined. Manu isnt as prolific as he once was, he'll get 10-15 a night, pretty much what KG will get. Then the rest is fair game. I think your overating Memo, CVilss, McDyess and Hill's production though (why name mcdyess, he gets 6 a game lol). Perkins gets 11 a game against stronger oposition than Memo, Batum is good for 10, Hinrich is good for 10-15, Craig Smith is good for a fiesty 10 and 5 off the bench, I think we have plenty, and I think even Sergio Rodriguez is getting about 8 and 3 assists.

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Kirk Hinrich(14) / Sergio Rodriguez (6)
Dwyane Wade(30) / Ronnie Price (4)
Nicolas Batum (9) / Matt Carroll (3)
Kevin Garnett(17) /Craig Smith (8)/
Kendrick Perkins (9)/Jeff Foster ( 6)

= 106

:)

So every single player he has except for Kendrick Perkins will average more points than they do in real life? What a crock.

RocketsRule
02-27-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised at how many of you are saying Utah. The Spurs are pretty much the BEST match-up against them. Two elite defenders in Brewer and Battier to stop Wade, which is essentially there whole team (in regards to offense).

I got the Spurs in 6.

asmarks18
02-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Spurs would win in 6. Utah's bench is just horrible. Add that with really only 1 consistent guy in Wade I think saying this being a 6 game series is generous.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I thought it would be tighter than this, I bet it will tighten up soon enough anyway

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 04:37 PM
So every single player he has except for Kendrick Perkins will average more points than they do in real life? What a crock.

Resorting to lying to win a mock playoff series? That's a shame. Also, how can we apply real life averages when players wouldn't be getting the same minutes anyway? Do I really think Batum is going to held to just 8 ppg when he's a talented young players playing bigger minutes and with 4 other people who can make life very easy for him. He could easily average 13-15 ppg that series. Their averages put them at around 100 so you acting like they're gonna score 80 is absurd.

Tblaze
02-27-2010, 04:55 PM
What I don't like about the spurs team is that they kept their "Big 3" together as base of the team. They're not the same anymore and I don't see how this team would be going anywhere deep with those "stars". They built a nice supporting cast around their "stars" yes, but It's not enough.

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Resorting to lying to win a mock playoff series? That's a shame. Also, how can we apply real life averages when players wouldn't be getting the same minutes anyway? Do I really think Batum is going to held to just 8 ppg when he's a talented young players playing bigger minutes and with 4 other people who can make life very easy for him. He could easily average 13-15 ppg that series. Their averages put them at around 100 so you acting like they're gonna score 80 is absurd.

Where did I lie?

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 05:14 PM
What I don't like about the spurs team is that they kept their "Big 3" together as base of the team. They're not the same anymore and I don't see how this team would be going anywhere deep with those "stars". They built a nice supporting cast around their "stars" yes, but It's not enough.

Not enough to beat this team? Really? Wade, broken KG and not much else?

Duncan averages 19 compared to KG's 14.

Parker averages 17, Hill 12. Compared to 11 for Hinrich... their starter.

Their best bench player averages 8 points and 4 rebounds, while our FOURTH best bench player averages 6 points and 6 rebounds. Our 4th best bench player is better than their best bench player!

Manu was dealing with injuries to start the season, but he has gotten back on track. Plus its the playoffs, and Manu always shines in the playoffs. I can count on him to give me 15-20 easily.

Wade averages 26 a game in real life, and in this series he will have two great perimeter defenders on him and a true anchor in the middle in Tim Duncan to have to go against. Why you people think he will just rip us to shreds is beyond me.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 05:15 PM
lol wow, 5 out of 9 votes coming from your Dallas friends :pity:

lol I now find it rich that you accused me of cheating

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 05:17 PM
lol wow, 5 out of 9 votes coming from your Dallas friends :pity:

lol I now find it rich that you accused me of cheating

They post in the NBA forum alot if you haven't noticed, and my team has been in my sig for weeks. I can't help it if they want to back me up. Whose to say they dont actually think my team is better? Don't act like every game you have ever been in more than half of your votes aren't coming from sig league guys.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 05:19 PM
BB if you just wanted to have a friend-off then you should have specified

and as for sim leaguers votes, its currently 1-0 in your favor

DerekRE_3
02-27-2010, 05:21 PM
:laugh2:

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Not enough to beat this team? Really? Wade, broken KG and not much else?

Duncan averages 19 compared to KG's 14.

Parker averages 17, Hill 12. Compared to 11 for Hinrich... their starter.

Their best bench player averages 8 points and 4 rebounds, while our FOURTH best bench player averages 6 points and 6 rebounds. Our 4th best bench player is better than their best bench player!

Manu was dealing with injuries to start the season, but he has gotten back on track. Plus its the playoffs, and Manu always shines in the playoffs. I can count on him to give me 15-20 easily.

Wade averages 26 a game in real life, and in this series he will have two great perimeter defenders on him and a true anchor in the middle in Tim Duncan to have to go against. Why you people think he will just rip us to shreds is beyond me.

I love a post that has no actual analysis whatsoever and is solely based on PPG. :laugh:

DerekRE_3
02-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I love a post that has no actual analysis whatsoever and is solely based on PPG. :laugh:

PPG is the only stat that matters don't you understand?

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
PPG is the only stat that matters don't you understand?

:nod:

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 05:37 PM

KH12
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I like both teams a lot, should be the WCF match-up IMO but I'm going to go with the Jazz in 7.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 05:39 PM
cheers khinrich :worthy:

and all my other voters by the way

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 05:41 PM

The fact is you need scoring to win in the NBA. He has very little of it.

I have noticed that basically every game since like two or three ago you have come into my thread and voted against my team and tried to tell everyone why they shouldn't vote for me.... but you aren't making any sense here.

If you wanna do this by some stupid breakdown like you did, here ya go.

Okur (12) - McDyess (8)
Duncan (20) - Villanueva (8)
Battier (8) - Ross (2)
Brewer (8) - Manu - (20)
Parker (18) - Hill (10)

Thing is, his bench offers him nothing. Barely any offense, and not an ounce of defense. Jeff Foster even when healthy was a scrub this year, and since he is out for the season he doesn't even count in this game.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 05:45 PM
^you have a go at knicks for inflating some of my averages, then give manu 6ppg more, Parker 2ppg more, mcdyess 2ppg more and even duncan a coupla ppg more

:confused:

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 05:53 PM
^you have a go at knicks for inflating some of my averages, then give manu 6ppg more, Parker 2ppg more, mcdyess 2ppg more and even duncan a coupla ppg more

:confused:

I also took PPG off of Charlie V, Hill, and Ronnie Brewer.

With Manu getting healthy now he is a different player than his average shows. He has averaged about 20 a game in the past month. Plus its the playoffs, and he always is better in the playoffs. Ditto for Duncan, he has never averaged less than 20 a game in the playoffs.

Parker scores a little less now with the addition of Jefferson, but with Battier there instead Im sure Parker would at least score 2 PPG more.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
what a combined 2 points off Hill and Brewer, whilst making Manu into this prolific 20ppg scorer that he was like 3 years ago when he's hovering at around 14ppg. And CVill 6 points is pretty much what he's been averaging since the allstar break anyway

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 06:19 PM
#1 seed Jazz has the perfect defense to stop the Spurs offense. Duncan's nightmare is relived as KG/Perkins is a 2010 version of Sheed/Big Ben from 2005 NBA Finals. Parker/Manu have to deal with a former 2nd team All-Defensive players Kirk Hinrich and Dwyane Wade. An underperforming Memo with Brewer/Battier won't be enough.

KnicksorBust
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Sidenote: It seems silly that the Spurs team in the mock is pretty much the exact same Spurs team in real life except Bonner is now Memo, they have Villanueva instead of Blair and Jefferson has been replaced by defense even though the real life Spurs problem the last few seasons has been trying to squeeze offense out of a stone.

Tblaze
02-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Sidenote: It seems silly that the Spurs team in the mock is pretty much the exact same Spurs team in real life except Bonner is now Memo, they have Villanueva instead of Blair and Jefferson has been replaced by defense even though the real life Spurs problem the last few seasons has been trying to squeeze offense out of a stone.

that's what I was tryin' to say but in a little less fancy way!

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Thats not true at all. The real life Spurs have been quite good on offense this year, but lacked a perimeter defender. Defense has been their problem, not offense. They have averaged 100.5 PPG this season.

I replaced Jefferson with defense but added more scoring up front with Mehmet Okur and Charlie Villanueva. That more than makes up what I lost with Jefferson, not to mention Battier scores about 10 a game for his career anyways. Not like he doesn't contribute offensively.

I dont know how you can possibly sit there and say a problem with our team could be offense and vote for the Jazz... they have zero offense outside of 1 or 2 players.

BlondeBomber41
02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
#1 seed Jazz has the perfect defense to stop the Spurs offense. Duncan's nightmare is relived as KG/Perkins is a 2010 version of Sheed/Big Ben from 2005 NBA Finals. Parker/Manu have to deal with a former 2nd team All-Defensive players Kirk Hinrich and Dwyane Wade. An underperforming Memo with Brewer/Battier won't be enough.

So you are gonna sit there and call Mehmet Okur underperforming while acting like KG is his old self?

KG this year averages 14/7. Mehmet Okur averages 12/7.

See what I am getting at? Our 2nd frontcourt starter almost matches the production of their #2 option! How the hell can anyone vote for a team that outside of Wade is basically nothing?

Damela
02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
You totally pretty much just ignored the question. Our defense is top notch.

Seriously, outside of Wade, broken KG and Hinrich will give you anything offensively?

We have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Mehmet Okur, George Hill, Charlie Villanueva and Antonio McDyess. Who do you have that can score?

You'd be lucky to average 85 PPG against a average defensive team, much less ours.

Honestly if Wade can get the Real Heat to more than 85 points a game then he can do it with this much improved squad so scoring won't be much of promblem for this Jazz team IMO

Reyes6
02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
I voted for Utah because BB41 needs to stop being a whiny *****.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2010, 07:47 PM

Mile High Champ
02-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Spurs for me. While Wade would be tough to handle, I think Brewer and Battier would really wear him down as the series went on. I believe Garnett is really fading fast, he disapears in games and is no longer an elite player. The combination of the bench and defense gives this series this to the Spurs. Close match up though.

A.Mopp
02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
this is a great match up. i like both teams a lot...

JNA17
02-27-2010, 10:33 PM

:laugh:

Ragun
02-27-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm surprised at how many of you are saying Utah. The Spurs are pretty much the BEST match-up against them. Two elite defenders in Brewer and Battier to stop Wade, which is essentially there whole team (in regards to offense).

I got the Spurs in 6.

agreed.

xbrackattackx
02-27-2010, 11:01 PM
This is a good match up IMO

ugadawgsfan17
02-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I didn't know Kevin Garnett changed his first name to "a broken"

jimbobjarree
02-28-2010, 03:54 PM
wooo 2 mocks, 2 conference finals (hopefully further this time). Unlucky bb41, well played, see you in the summer mock.

J_M_B
02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I got Utah in 7 games.

clehmun
03-01-2010, 12:32 PM
so what's happening? can we get the other matchups up and running yet?

jimbobjarree
03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
bb41 has gone awol since saturday night. I'm sure he'll be back and post em up later

pebloemer
03-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I would have chosen the Spurs but voting is over.