PDA

View Full Version : Spurs?

momoneyyyy
02-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Do you guys think that the spurs will get 50 wins this season? There current record is 32-24.

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes, they could prolly go 18-8 the rest of the way, but I don't think they really care. THey just wanna be healthy for the playoffs (not that it matters)

And this should be in SPurs forum

JayW_1023
I don't care...my Spurs are no longer a relevant team. I would rather be lottery bound than be as mediocre as the Spurs are now. bah.

Still we may be able to make a top seed in the West nervous in the first round of the playoffs. But that's it.

Meth
Nope. They use to be a good team, but now it's questionable.

JayW_1023
02-27-2010, 02:59 PM
And I'm frustrated the DaJuan Blair still doesn't get to start. What more can the kid do to prove he has earned starting alongside Duncan? Instead Pop starts Roger Mason and naively thinks RJ will turn it around.

Fail.

Meth
02-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I like Blair.. great player.
Just pointing that out.
/iwouldconsiderthisspamiguess

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
And I'm frustrated the DaJuan Blair still doesn't get to start. What more can the kid do to prove he has earned starting alongside Duncan? Instead Pop starts Roger Mason and naively thinks RJ will turn it around.

Fail.

Well, I am a fan of Blair too, he gets crazy rebounding numbers and high percentage shots (mostly off of offensive rebounds). But, he gives up SO much size, when a play is run for him on offence he gets blocked A LOT and he causes a high number of turnovers and fouls. When he gets smarter about the fouls and turnovers he's going to be a huge spark off the bench, but there are times when he hurts the team on the court as much as he helps. He has generally amazing insticts when it comes to rebounding though. Its inhuman. I think perhaps the greatest insticts when it comes to rebounding since Rodamn (not to say he is as good a rebounder, but both clearly had crazy insticts about where the ball is going).

As for the Spurs winning 50, its possible, but 48 or 49 is more likely. I was just hoping they'd grab Big Z because if they'd had the playoff would be a lot more interesting. But the Spurs have to convicne Duncan to take over center, let Blair start at power forward and have McDyess back up both of them. I just wished they'd still had Ratliff and were giving him minutes :-(

On the wing and point though this squad is deeper than anybody.

twotonewark
02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
they will be lucky to get more than 45 wins. i see them somewhere between 43 and 45.

Giraffes Rule
02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
I think the Spurs have a good shot at missing the play offs altogether...

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I hope the Spurs get the 8th seed and beat the Lakers in the 1st round. That would relieve some pressure off the Mav's disgusting loss to the Warriors as well as all but confirm the Mavericks as western conference champions.

Having said that, I think they get 48-50 wins. They will not miss the playoffs. I don't think Duncan will let them. He will provide at least a 1st round exit.

69centers
02-27-2010, 11:17 PM
I predicted they would miss the playoffs earlier this year, and I'm sticking to that.

Kakaroach
02-27-2010, 11:20 PM
50 wins may be a bit tough for them, but they won't miss the playoffs. Tim Duncan won't let them.

xbrackattackx
02-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I think it will be close.

ElMarroAfamado
02-27-2010, 11:35 PM
i dont think so...ideally they wont even make the playoffs just to prove what i have been saying since the beggining of the season...that the spurs suck and they are done

Jason5Kidd5
02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
i dont think so...ideally they wont even make the playoffs just to prove what i have been saying since the beggining of the season...that the spurs suck and they are done

They don't suck... they just don't pwn either. If there was a dark horse to beat the Lakers in the 1st round, I'd say the Spurs are for sure.

Bruno
02-28-2010, 02:02 AM
50 wins or not they aren't getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The real question is, will they ever trade Duncan? I don't think they can get a good lottery pick so long as he is on the roster, he's too solid, will always win you x too many games.

jimbobjarree
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope we get them in the first round so we can get our brooms out again!

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope we get them in the first round so we can get our brooms out again!

Hold your tongue, fella. It's kind of sad to see you boasting so confidently about a regular season sweep, especially since The Spurs have proved they can beat the Jazz in a postseason.

ChiSox219
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Spurs will do some damage in the playoffs, I doubt 50 wins is a focus apart from simply trying for best seed possible.

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't care...my Spurs are no longer a relevant team. I would rather be lottery bound than be as mediocre as the Spurs are now. bah.

Still we may be able to make a top seed in the West nervous in the first round of the playoffs. But that's it.

Obviously not a real fan.

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 11:25 AM

Fail.

he started last night... FAIL.... and Mason starts??

Do you even watch the games???!!?!

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
50 wins will be very tough. Please go look at their schedule. It is horrible. They needed to capatilize on all of their home games in the 1st half of the season. If they can win on the road consistently then maybe they get close.

I think the team has way too much pride to fall out of the playoffs. It is going to be interesting to see who they play though.

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Obviously not a real fan.

That's an insult that is uncalled for.

I've been on these forums a good half decade, and I've always stuck with my team. But I am also realistic about the Spurs chances. I still think we can upset a team, but I am not deluding myself to believe we're still a contender.

Be happy I will not resort to immature namecalling like many folks here.

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
That's an insult that is uncalled for.

I've been on these forums a good half decade, and I've always stuck with my team. But I am also realistic about the Spurs chances. I still think we can upset a team, but I am not deluding myself to believe we're still a contender.

Be happy I will not resort to immature namecalling like many folks here.

An insult? Im glad you're not resorting to name calling since I did not, but what kind of fan hopes for their team to lose? We aren't the Twolves or Nets. Even my friends who are Rockets fans are pulling for the to push into the playoffs, not glad they have a chance in the draft lottery. wow.

So you want them to tank their way into a lottery spot?

I think the Spurs draft just fine without it. Proof is in the pudding. Who is to say they can't make a run in the playoffs? I will root for and support them all the way. Once those 8 teams start the playoffs, it is a clean slate. We have cut our old, dead weight and now we have fresh legs coming into our lineup. Jefferson is playing good off the bench and we are undefeated when he scores 20 or more points. Obviously he is the key, and if he gets going... watch out!

and Mason doesn't start, Blair started last night (in place of dice), and Jefferson has been playing better.

The Spurs have strung back to back wins together without a day of rest, I would say that shows character. Give em a chance.

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Fans like this are the reason SA can't get a football team. When they are on top everyone loves em, but they have a bad year (still not horrible!!!) and fans call them irrelevant. I'm sorry if you're taking it personal, but the lack of faith is getting really old.

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 11:46 AM
An insult? Im glad you're not resorting to name calling since I did not, but what kind of fan hopes for their team to lose? We aren't the Twolves or Nets. Even my friends who are Rockets fans are pulling for the to push into the playoffs, not glad they have a chance in the draft lottery. wow.

So you want them to tank their way into a lottery spot?

I think the Spurs draft just fine without it. Proof is in the pudding. Who is to say they can't make a run in the playoffs? I will root for and support them all the way. Once those 8 teams start the playoffs, it is a clean slate. We have cut our old, dead weight and now we have fresh legs coming into our lineup. Jefferson is playing good off the bench and we are undefeated when he scores 20 or more points. Obviously he is the key, and if he gets going... watch out!

and Mason doesn't start, Blair started last night (in place of dice), and Jefferson has been playing better.

The Spurs have strung back to back wins together without a day of rest, I would say that shows character. Give em a chance.

Pop made alot of crud coaching decisions but lately has has changed his rotation patterns for the better. I'm glad Blair is starting now and Jefferson is scoring off the bench. Manu has looked good lately, and Parker made a strong return.

Yes I am still optimistic the Spurs can turn things around. But I'm not optimistic about them catching LA, Denver or Dallas. This season has just been frustrating to watch, especially because I expected the Spurs to be legit contenders again.

So far everytime there are signs the Spurs seem to turn it around, they underachieve again. It's just been very demotivating.

Maybe you're right...maybe I'm re-adjusting my expectations for the team to avoid feeling a big disappointment. I just feel that if I expect the Spurs to become elite I am expecting too much. Is that a bad thing?

Honestly I really don't know, since I've been a Spurs fan for over 12 years and it's hard to get used to them not being considered among the contenders...

But saying I'm not a true Spurs fan honestly, really hurt alot.

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Pop made alot of crud coaching decisions but lately has has changed his rotation patterns for the better. I'm glad Blair is starting now and Jefferson is scoring off the bench. Manu has looked good lately, and Parker made a strong return.

Yes I am still optimistic the Spurs can turn things around. But I'm not optimistic about them catching LA, Denver or Dallas. This season has just been frustrating to watch, especially because I expected the Spurs to be legit contenders again.

So far everytime there are signs the Spurs seem to turn it around, they underachieve again. It's just been very demotivating.

Maybe you're right...maybe I'm re-adjusting my expectations for the team to avoid feeling a big disappointment. I just feel that if I expect the Spurs to become elite I am expecting too much. Is that a bad thing?

Honestly I really don't know, since I've been a Spurs fan for over 12 years and it's hard to get used to them not being considered among the contenders...

But saying I'm not a true Spurs fan honestly, really hurt alot.

My bad man. I am just getting tired of hearing all of my friends talk about how hopeless the season is. I feel like there are enough fans from other teams doing that.

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
BTW, I am from Europe (hence i cannot watch all the games) and spent my savings to be able to see them play a meaningless game in New Jersey last season...if that ain't a true fan, I don't know what is.

king4day
03-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll guess 47-49.Which will be right about average to the lower West playoff seeds

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
My bad man. I am just getting tired of hearing all of my friends talk about how hopeless the season is. I feel like there are enough fans from other teams doing that.

It's cool. It's good to see Spurs fans who still believe more than I do...it does inspire me. Spurs fans need to unite...alot of other PSD Spurs fans have gone MIA completely thsi year. Maybe a strong fan foundation here could make a psychological difference.

Alot of Laker fans and Nuggets fans have stuck it to me after the Spurs' dropoff....I just hope that them extra losses this season will be won back if we start the postseason in full health.

king4day
03-02-2010, 12:23 PM
It's cool. It's good to see Spurs fans who still believe more than I do...it does inspire me. Spurs fans need to unite...alot of other PSD Spurs fans have gone MIA completely thsi year. Maybe a strong fan foundation here could make a psychological difference.

Alot of Laker fans and Nuggets fans have stuck it to me after the Spurs' dropoff....I just hope that them extra losses this season will be won back if we start the postseason in full health.

Spurs fans should never be mocked. They had the most successful overall run of any team in the league it seemed over the 00's. Rings and playoff success.
Anyone mocking a dropoff has no respect for the game.

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Well said, king4day.

Oh, and to some these other fans...this thread is an example of how to resolve differences in opinion like adults. PSD will be a better place if more people agreed to disagree like this.

leftymo
03-02-2010, 04:27 PM
They don't suck... they just don't pwn either. If there was a dark horse to beat the Lakers in the 1st round, I'd say the Spurs are for sure.

dark horse, any horse, or legit horse. The Lakers have dominated the spurs in the playoffs for the entire decade. I think they are 5-1 in the decade, or something close to it. LA is too big for SA.

The team that could upset LA in the early rounds (but highly unlikely) are the Blazers b/c the Lakers struggle to win in portland.

No other "lower" tier team has a prayer.

Of the higher teams, only Denver has a chance, probably the most realistic chance of beating the lakers.

As for SA, they re-tooled in the offseason to generate more of an offensive punch, but their defense is just not there in addition to not a significant upgrade in offense. first round exit is expected.

ko8e24
03-02-2010, 04:32 PM
dark horse, any horse, or legit horse. The Lakers have dominated the spurs in the playoffs for the entire decade. I think they are 5-1 in the decade, or something close to it. LA is too big for SA.

The team that could upset LA in the early rounds (but highly unlikely) are the Blazers b/c the Lakers struggle to win in portland.

Of the higher teams, only Denver has a chance, probably the most realistic chance of beating the lakers.

As for SA, they re-tooled in the offseason to generate more of an offensive punch, but their defense is just not there in addition to not a significant upgrade in offense. first round exit is expected.

1999 Semis: Spurs 4 Lakers 0 (team with HCA won)

-------

2001 WCF: Lakers 4 Spurs 0 (Spurs with homecourt advantage)

2002 Semis: Lakers 4 Spurs 1 (Team with HCA won)

2003 Semis: Spurs 4 Lakers 2 (Team with HCA won)

2004 Semis: Lakers 4 Spurs 2 (Spurs with homecourt advantage)

2009 WCF: Lakers 4 Spurs 1 (Team with HCA won)

MikefromMars
03-02-2010, 05:04 PM

Maybe it is time for payback lol

I def agree with the Blazers statement. I read the Lakers are 1-9 against the Blazers.

Tribe
03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Nope...no more than 45